[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mealreplacement/ is there a valid reason not to try meal replacement?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Soylent_drink.jpg (90 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Soylent_drink.jpg
90 KB, 1024x768
/mealreplacement/

is there a valid reason not to try meal replacement? i dont have a particular love for food, and it is quite difficult to manage all nutrition requirements outside of macros in meals throughout the day. it would also save a shitload of time.

im just wondering what the drawbacks of it are. anyone care to share their opinion/experience?
>>
It helps if you can't get real food.

But those situation are pretty damn rare. Whey is the only thing that actually helps since protein is harder to get throughout the day. But carbs and fat? Those are everywhere
>>
>>35349254
It gets weird after a few days, not as fulfilling as proper food, even if food is boring. Started messing with my energy levels after a week. Got kinda tired and constipated (even if enough fiber).
>>
>>35349275
>>35349254
also micro nutrients are not a problem if you don't eat junk food all the time.
>>
I think that soylent is the fucking future. If we want to progress as a human race stop cutting down rain forests for your fucking crop fields and start mass producing this shit. If I could get my hands on it, I wouldn't eat anything else... Fucking shit is GOAT
>>
>>35349275
I find protein quite easy to get as well as the others, the problem for me is balancing calories, macros /and/ other nutritional requirements. Would it not be more efficient to have meal replacement that never changes and save time cooking up new shit?

>>35349281
What would you think of having one solid meal per day and the rest a meal replacement?
>>
>>35349284
I eat healthy mate I didn't fall for the dirty bulk meme - one of the reasons I'm considering this, as I don't want to compromise on my bulk just because it's a little hard to balance my ratios
>>
>>35349423
>>35349390
Well one could imagine than in the future you could go to their site and just order meal replacement tailored for your macros and calories. Why not just buy a bag and see how it goes? I for one prefer real food even if my macros aren't perfect, I'm willing to compromise. Hit protein goal and calorie goal and eating as healthy as I can.
>>
>>35349460
Cheers brotha. I might just do it to see if it positively affects my nutrition goals, and stop if it negatively affects it

I've also had the same business thought of meal replacement tailored towards macros, never researched to see if it was done though.
>>
>>35349488
I'm not sure that will work, because eating food is something people like a lot
>>
>>35349295
You don't think soylent is made from crops? Rain forests are cut down to grow soy. OK, I just realized I fell for your bait.
>>
>>35349531
and i fell.for your bait.
most soy is used for cows and animals. So yeah altogezher we would need less soy and less rainforest
>>
>>35349390
>What would you think of having one solid meal per day and the rest a meal replacement?
That could definetly work imo
>>
File: 1449648125917.jpg (36 KB, 393x255) Image search: [Google]
1449648125917.jpg
36 KB, 393x255
>>35349254
>soylent
>basically oatmeal, soy protein, rice powder, algae, vitamins or minerals.
>charging a fuckload per portion

Why not make your own for the fraction of the price? with whey instead of shitty rice or soy protein.
>>
If tastes like sadness. Seriously - absolute shit. If it didn't and was the same price as regular food I might consider it.
>>
>>35349295
>>35349460
>>35349576
>Shills gonna shill
>>
>>35350684

Why not stop being so poor that you can't afford convenience?

Stop working at McDicks
>>
>>35350745
>caring how your body fuel tastes
It's like you don't even want to leave humanity behind. That said, there's nothing stopping you from adding your own flavoring agents to your Soylent.
Also, Soylent powder is $1.54/400 kcal; hoe much does regular food cost you?
>>
>>35349254
I've been on Huel for about 6 weeks now at least. I have about 1-2 shakes per day, breakfast and lunch usually in work to save money and for the convenience.

At home, I still have a home cooked meal and protein shakes when I need to make up to my protein macro.

Generally I've found it to be great. Huel is palatable and basically tastes like oats and vanilla.
As for energy levels and general well being. I can't say I feel particularly better, I've never been malnourished really. But from I've been on this I've not noticed any dips below baseline, so I'm running at full health all the time. No lethargy and I'm making good gains on my lifts and putting on weight.

Can't speak for a full meal replacement. Too much for me, I enjoy eating and cooking too much.
>>
How is this a replacement? You're still having a meal.

This is a meme and a half
>>
>>35354106
I think its more an awkward use of language. It is literally food, it's just the context these liquid based things have historically been called.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.