[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Squat form check
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1424398105759.jpg (207 KB, 1118x708) Image search: [Google]
1424398105759.jpg
207 KB, 1118x708
My squat form is shit and I could use some tips.

I'm still fairly new to lifting, so no bully pls :(

This is a new 4RM (though there is a lot of rest between the reps to catch my breath, so I don't know if it counts as a set of 4) at 275 lbs.

I think my main issue is that I lean forward a bit too much, so it ends up becoming kind of a good morning. How could I fix this? Is there anything else I should try to change?

Someone told me I should try doing some pause squats to help fix my rocking forward. Is this a good idea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdyZdAzPQsY
>>
>>35348850
Try squatting low bar, your body will already be forward
>>
But going up and chest lagging .

Learn to brace properly, lose the belt and go back in weight and work back up until your core catches up.
>>
>>35349163
My shoulder flexibility is pretty shit, so low bar really hurts my OHP/bench. I'm trying to work on it with some band dislocates, but for now I'm gonna stick to high bar.
>>
>>35349171
Is there any other reason my chest would be lagging other than having a weak core? I could try this and see how it goes, but I don't think my core is much weaker than my legs. (I can DL 365 without a belt).
>>
one last bump for any more advice
>>
>>35348850
Looks like you lack upper back and core tightness.
Focus on keeping it tight and get your elbows more in line with your torso. Push them forwards (imagine rotating your upper body more upright with your elbows), especially as you start moving the weight up.
>>
you really need to focus on sitting back in the squat and pushing with your heels; you are really going to fuck something up if you keep going heavier with that form. Drop the weight, the belt, and your ego. Focus on keeping the weight over your foot.

Try pause squats, try putting a box under your ass that you just barely touch at depth so you arent afraid of falling back, remember that you should be tightest at the bottom (looks like you just lose it as soon as you hit depth and squat morning it up).

Your back also is progressively rounding over each rep, the time between reps is fine but I wouldn't consider that a successful set to progress from.
>>
>>35349212
then learn to brace properly
>>
>>35349212
>>35350103
and start working on your flexibility. Stretch entire lower part of your body. Hamstrings, calves, hip flexors, hips. It has helped me with form tremendously
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.