[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me start by saying I read the sticky. I read the WHOLE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 9348767.jpg (210 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
9348767.jpg
210 KB, 500x500
Let me start by saying I read the sticky.

I read the WHOLE sticky.

My question to you /fit/ is I'm 6 foot 1 and a 230 pounds. Trying to get down to at least the 190 range or so. I have access to a barbell and dumbbells as well as an incline/flat/decline utility bench. So I decided I'll try to start this program: http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html

Only problem being I don't have access to a rack to be able to do squats, are there any exercises I can substitute using what I have available?
>>
>>35341357

Clean the bar into a front squat position and do front squats instead. People have worked out with just a barbell a lot longer than a barbell and a rack.
>>
>>35341357
buy one
>>
>>35341371

Well golly, why didn't I think of that.
>>
>>35341376
because you're a stupid faggot
>>
You are fat as fatass just do fucking ss with caloric deficit and join proper gym.
>>
>>35341385
>>35341404

All this time spent sitting on my fat ass has at least taught me reading comprehension.

"are there any exercises I can substitute using what I have available"

If I could afford a rack, or afford to join a gym, I would, and wouldn't be here asking this question.
>>
>>35341437
well then build one and if you can't afford materials, steal them.
>>
>>35341437
get a job you lazy cunt
>>
forget about squats and just go jog outside
>>
>>35341357
You don't lift weights with the intention of getting smaller. You lift to get bigger. You do cardio to get smaller.
>>
>>35341489

I was looking around trying to see if running would make up for the lack of ability to do leg exercises like that. Are you saying it would be?
>>
>>35341357

Some people go to great lengths to create an excuse to not get fit.

For less than $100, you can buy sufficient home exercise equipment new. Used for about half that. Some 20 or 30 or 50 lb dumbells, whatever you're comfortable with and some resistance bands with handles.

And you'll make that up in the money you save in the smaller amount of food you eat that will, by and large, be home prepared.

You can also use those savings to buy some basic sups, omega-3, multi-vits, a powder you like that doesn't make you shit blood.

It's actually fantastically easy in and of itself to get fit, the difficult part is the change. That's all I read in your post, OP, that you feel that resistance and impending difficulty in the change itself, not in the activities involved in getting fit.
>>
>>35341598

I won't lie and say there isn't truth to that. I did get a barbell and dumbbells and weights used. I just don't have the space at home or the extra money to get a rack or any other larger equipment, and I'm trying to see what I can do to work around those limitations. I may be reading too deeply and thinking somehow the inability to do one exercise will somehow ruin a program.
>>
>>35341564

well, do you want to lose weight or do you want to become a powerlifter? If you're just looking forward to lose some fat, squats are irrelevant
>>
>>35341704

Drop weight, maintain and tone. Not really interested in powerlifting no.
>>
>>35341668

If you're just getting started, that's all you need for now. If you went to a gym, did 3 sets of bp, dl, op and squats you wouldn't be able to move for the next 4 days you'd be so sore. Get your body and mind used to regular exercise before you start worrying about memes like one rep maxes and insertions and shit.

Inability to do one exercise will not ruin a program, that shouldn't have to be explained to you and is an obvious excuse. The only thing you should be worried about is proper form and injury prevention.

Get started today. Exercise, eat at a 500Cal deficit and eat at least 120 grams of protein. It is your choice, if you need some motivational poster or personal trainer to get you to do that you'll just be part of the 90% of people who lose a little then gain it all back because they never learned discipline and habits along the way.

You don't want to be part of the statistic that fat activists use as an excuse for everything, do you?
>>
>>35341897

I appreciate all the advice man. Thank you.
>>
>>35342167

We're all gonna make it, breh.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.