[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ Is having a total testosterone serum level of 432ng/dl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (27 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
27 KB, 1280x720
/fit/

Is having a total testosterone serum level of 432ng/dl at 20, with more or less decent diet normal?

Does it warrant trying injecting testosterone?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxwXIgnmAOI

http://drspencer.com/quit-worrying-about-your-testosterone/
>>
do whatever the fuck you want.

you're in the lower end of the normal range, but youre still in the normal range. injecting enough test to put you in the high end (about 900) will make you more "testy". but if you seriously want to get ripped and feel awesome or whatever you'll want to go past the normal range which is no longer natty or whatever the fuck.

a doctor also likely won't prescribe you test, some might though, some hand that shit out easily even if you're in the normal range. only a crazy doctor would prescribe you if you're 600 or over though.

do what you want, if your satisfied with your gains and all that shit, why bother? if you're not, go for it, run an actual cycle with proper PCT and shit.

I dunno what you're asking for bro.
>>
>>35330819

Is not really about the gains, Anon. I am interested because I've been depressed for 5 years, with gynocomastia and a fat distrubution like a woman (fat goes to buttocks). Tried antidepressants, did nothing for me.
(sorry I didn't say this in the beginning)

Does anyone here relate to this? Anyone tried testosterone for depression?
>>
>>35330860

I'm in the same position except I have a high normal testosterone with low libido.
>>
>>35330860
I'm the guy you're replying to. I've been interested in that. I'm currently on SSRIs (20mg Prozac daily) with seasonal depression (super depressed in winter, my peak for depression is usually a couple months from now, idk), and I've been doing fine this year. although I have made a lot of lifestyle changes since last year, so I'm not sure if it's just the anti depressants or if they even help at all.

I do bright light therapy a bit almost every morning, I take 1800mg of EPA+DHA from fish oil daily, 4000IU vitamin D, I've actually been attending school properly and socializing somewhat (although I am a fucking crazy bitch socially with no real stable relationships and a lot of people frown down on me) and feel alright.

Don't know what my test levels are. I've read about this somewhat before though. Your test levels are on the low end of the acceptable levels. it's possible it's making you depressed.. but it would be very likely if it was lower than 300-250. your female fat distribution could just be higher estrogen levels (your body is good at converting test to estrogen) and some enzyme inhibiting drugs may help. you probably just are naturally a more feminized person (check out digits ratio). I know I am. my index finger is about almost as long as my ring finger. my hips are wide.. yeah. whatever man.

try it the fuck out. Some people swear by testosterone as being the "ultimate" anti-depressant and nootropic, a panacea. I've always been interested and i definitely plan to pin test some day, at least at low dosages.

go for it, are you fat though? can't remember from your post. if you're fat, try losing weight. higher bf% is more estrogen and shit. the fatter a man is the more female their fat distribution gets (and vice versa actually). female fat distribution isn't always bad aesthetically though. you may look better at higher bodyfat than lower cuz that ass.
>>
>>35330986

I relate a lot to your experiences Anon. As you said earlier I doubt an endo will prescribe me testosterone, my psychiatrist definitely refused.
I am at 14% body fat. 185cm (6'1) and 73kg (160lbs). Not much muscle mass, with pretty wide hips.

Like you, I've also tried a lot of lifestyles changes for the past two years, including diet, hitting the gym, no drugs and supplementing. Somehow my test level went from 467ng/dl two years ago, to 432ng/dl now.....

I still do not know much about the different types of testosterone compounds, what else you need to mix them with, dosages and where the hell to get a pharma-grade product illegaly, but regardless of this I am pretty sure I will end up trying it, I truly have not much else to ling on for hope.
>>
>>35330966

How can this occur? Did you get a blood test for other hormones?
>>
>>35331058

Just like any other hormone in your body testosterone is pulsatile, meaning depending on the pulses of GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone), different amounts of LH and FSH are released. LH is the precursor of testosterone.

This means that your testosterone levels can widely fluctuate throughout the day and even throughout the week.

The reason a medical practitioner, like myself, wouldn't want to prescribe testosterone to a young person is because

1) The endocrine system is still developing till age 21.

2) Possible consequences like infertility, bad lipid blood markers, and high(er) PSA are always possible.

3). This is the big one. You don't have low testosterone. Low testosterone is a symptom, not a diagnosis. There's literature that compares people with 350 to 700 ng/dL and there's a very negligible difference in the amount of muscle mass both respective groups could potentially gain.

Additionally, how high/low your bodyfat is, your current diet, and your supplement intake can affect your testosterone levels drastically, within the normal range of course.
>>
dunno man just lost my libido randomely in a 2 week time frame when I was 18
>>
>>35331144
im the other poster tha posted twice.

me and u OP about the same size, I'm 184cm, 160-165lbs fluctuating, hips are on the wider side. I'm a weak shit, don't even bench 1 plate and have been lifting far longer than you'd think. I'm getting there though.

the guy I quoted, I pretty much agree. wanking off to test levels in the normal range isn't going to do much if anything. it's not a good idea to mess with your sex hormones till you're at least 19+ (but like doc Chan said, more like 21) unless they're ACTUALLY low. if you have hypogonad or whatever the fuck it's called, then it's a good idea. probably a really good idea because you will screw with your development and you can never undo the things you didn't develop from having low test.

chill out bro, don't be so neurotic. get some anti depressants that work and get your shit together.
>>
>>35331144

Thanks for the response, that does help me understand the point of view of an endo better. You said the differences in muscle gain between numbers in a normal range are negligible, but what about mood and general well-being from a psychological stand point. Does it help? Is it not really related?

I don't have a history of drug abuse, nor have I had the worsts of lifes. I really just don't know why I have these issues, honestly.
>>
>>35331224
inject ketamine 1x a week
>>
>>35331267
Neeeeeigh
>>
>>35331267

Does it really help depression?
>>
>>35330785

No doc except one of those very dodgy low t centers would ever write you a prescription for that. If you're in the 250-350 range then maybe.
>>
>>35331224

Yes. Hypogonadal levels of testosterone can definitely affect your mental well being. Could levels in the lower range of normal affect how you feel? Possibly. But because there are so many extenuating factors on your emotional being, it's hard for a doctor or endo to determine if you're slightly lower testosterone is the impetus for your emotional instability.

Honestly, in my opinion, testosterone when used properly really doesn't have any harm to the body. There's just so many young kids who permanently impair their endocrine systems by not taking the correct protocols following their usage.
>>
>>35331382

I'll inform myself on the topic of injecting testosterone, and then I will try to find a trust-able seller. Given all I've tried already, it has to be worth a shot...

Thanks for your time, Doc Chan. I appreciate it.
>>
So running a cycle before 21 will fuck you up??
>>
>>35331539

Bump for this Anon.
>>
>>35331539
>>35331607

99% of people's endocrine systems have developed by the age of 18-20.

Taking a cycle before being well into your 20s always has the inherent risk of doing some damage to your body. Minimal, but still there.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.