[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOAT products for cutting and clean bulking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14
Polish anon feeling generous today so I thought I will share with you some GOAT products for cutting (or clean bulking) that might be not too common here.
1. Yeast flakes (deactivated yeast) - sounds awful but it actually has cheesy and nutty flavour (that's why it's often used for vegans in place of cheese) and it has big variety of use (as bread crumbs substitute but could also be used for soups, sauces, salads, muesli or sandwiches). Good for clean bulking, pic related - tasty cutlet in yeat flakes instead of bread crumbs. Benefits?
>100g yeast flakes
>28g proteins
>6g fat
>32g carbs
For comparison:
>100g bread crumbs
> 9,7g proteins
> 2g fat
> 77,6g carbs
>>
>>35326989
2. Coconut flour - nutritional value says it all
>15-18g proteins
>13-19g carbs
>10-15g of fat
Fat might be higher depending who you buy from, mine has 18g proteins, 16g carbs and 11,5g of fat. To compare with regular whear flour:
>10g proteins
>74 carbs
>1g fat
Not too exciting considering it's just flour and it won't have too many uses, right? Well, there is one more thing - 100grams of coconut flour contains 48grams of fiber. 48 fucking grams. Remember how oats are glorified here? Well, they have only 17 grams of fiber. Almost three times less than coconut flour. And flour is much tastier, you can add it to your protein shake (but remember they need 2x times more liquid than regular flour, so don't add too much of them if you don't want your shake to become a pulp). It's also pretty cheap flour, at least in Poland.
>>
File: Twarog-Wiejski-lekki-55850-big.jpg (144 KB, 700x410) Image search: [Google]
Twarog-Wiejski-lekki-55850-big.jpg
144 KB, 700x410
>>35326989
3. "Twarog" - that's the tricky one because British/American "quark" is not even close to the taste of Polish "twarog". I know Brits have Polish "twarog" in their markets, not sure if Americans do as well. Why mentioning it? Well, it's more of personal preference but it is much tastier than cottage cheese or American/British quark and it's been in my diet since I started lifting. I always eat it as my last meal with linseed oil (best omega-3 source apart from fish oil), tomatoes and lettuce. Nutritional value is just amazing
>47,5g proteins
>9g carbs
>1g fat (you can buy fat free or fatty ones, I prefer to buy fat free and add linseed oil for better taste)
>>
File: 66918.jpg (23 KB, 354x291) Image search: [Google]
66918.jpg
23 KB, 354x291
>>35326989
4. Mackerel from North Atlantic Sea - afraid of mercury in fishes? Fear not, it's been proved these mackerels have almost no mercury at all and in Poland they are actually one of the cheapest fishes, making them the best choice when it comes to fishes. Omega-3 ratio is also amazing. Have been cutting on dried mackerels as my only source of meat (if you count fishes as meat) and it made me save a lot of money and time since there is no need for meal preparation, just add some herbs and that's it
>>
File: 1024_768_stevia.jpg (342 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1024_768_stevia.jpg
342 KB, 1024x768
>>35326989
5. Stevia - everytime I craved something sweet stevia did the trick. Aspartame is getting more and more negative feedback since it fucks up your nervous system and it's basically slowly poisoning your brain while stevia has been in Japanese diet for a long time now and it gained social approval there. As far as I am aware of dieting news, stevia has been proved to have absolutely zero negative effects for your body. I used it together with coconut flour to make cookies everytime I had to spend most of my day at uni (three small cookies filled my stomach for whole day thanks to high fiber and no, I wasn't even skelly).
>>
Bump. I want more
>>
OP you're a god, thanks family
>>
>>35327155
>tried once
>would prefer dick
>>
>>35327155
>Aspartame is getting more and more negative feedback since it fucks up your nervous system and it's basically slowly poisoning your brain
Hi momscience
>>
>>35327081
Gonna pick some of these up from my local Polski Sklep on my way home shortly.

/Brit with Polish parents
>>
File: 1440603316311.gif (93 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1440603316311.gif
93 KB, 300x200
>>35328161
>mfw I moved from the UK and no longer have polski skleps to get kubus and dank pierogies
>>
File: 003868.jpg (8 KB, 94x136) Image search: [Google]
003868.jpg
8 KB, 94x136
Reposting

So you already know that oats, rice, beans and milk are going to be staples in your diets. Add these. They're 20p at Tescos and I bet you can find them cheaper in other stores. ~240kcal of relatively healthy cheap carbs that can be eaten straight out the can.

DON'T buy canned tuna unless it's really cheap. You can usually find canned sardines cheaper - they're one of the most nutritious things you can eat, and have little mercury to boot. Again, can be eaten straight out the can.

Nuts are pretty expensive. Buy bird feed peanuts and roast them in an oven. ~5500 calories per £2. You can blend them up to make peanut butter.

You can find fat free greek yogurt at most places ~£1/500g. Quark is better but always seems to be more expensive unless you're lucky enough to live near some poles.

It may be tempting to buy 50p canned ready meals that are full of protein and calories. Don't, they're usually packed full of salt and preservatives. Just eat more of the foods mentioned above

I'm out of ideas. I hope this helps some uni students struggling out there
>>
>>35328575
Why can't you buy fresh new potatoes? They're dirt cheap at tesco and asda
>>
File: image.jpg (522 KB, 700x2622) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
522 KB, 700x2622
Can we make this a general food thread? I just got into all this shit and it seems so goddamned expensive. I'll post a recipe I found for bars or some shit.
>>
Anyone here make/eat seitan? Just got into it, one of the cheapest sources of protein I've found.

100g gluten flour has 75g protons, and if you're any good with herbs and spices you can make it really edible.

My only worry is its amino acid profile, which I haven't found much information about, so I've just been supplementing my regular diet with it so far.
>>
>>35330808
Amerifit here, work at a Sprouts (health food grocery store), and we're right next to a gym. I see people getting that shit all the time and have been curious for a while.
>>
>>35327155
>Aspartame is getting more and more negative feedback since it fucks up your nervous system and it's basically slowly poisoning your brain
Why do people comment on shit they have no clue about?
>>
>>35330808
Ctrl+F and search for seitan

http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/protein#table3

It's deficit in tryptophan, but if you're eating more than one source of protein you're kosher.
>>
>>35330696

If you're eating lots of these there's 0 reason to not replace the water with milk and keep them in the fridge.

If kept air tight there's no reason they wont last at least a week and more milk = more calories + more protein.

Also the /ck/ in me is dying to roast the almonds and add a pinch of salt to season the nuts (assuming you're using unsweetened, unsalted peanut better).
>>
>>35330821
I'm still developing my recipe on the cheap, but here's what I have so far.

Mix the gluten flour aka vital wheat gluten with herbs and spices (I quite like taragon, chinese 5 spice and chilli powder), add a splash of soy sauce, add water and mix/knead till it's a gluey lump, let it sit for a few minutes, chop into smaller bits, and then simmer it in something for 45~ minutes. Been using water with a couple of bay leaves and some salt and it seems to be fine. This will get you something that is just edible, and pretty decent if you have it with a meal rather than just eat it alone. Can also chop it up and sear it once it's finished simmering.
>>
>>35330853
Cheers, looks like tuna has a butt ton of tryptophan so I guess that can be my secondary source.
>inb4 death by mercury
>>
>>35330903
Also if you over season it, it's fucking disgusting, and if you don't season it, it tastes like nothing.
>>
>>35327081
How to make this shit yourself at home for cheap. Need milk and a lemon

http://m.imgur.com/a/Z1cna
>>
>>35330950
pretty fucking based
the macros for this shit look amazing
>>
>>35330950
any idea how much milk yields how much quark?
>>
>>35331129
i read that 1L of milk makes about 230~300g of quark
>>
>>35330808
This stuff is literally Satan ;^)
>>
>>35331211
mid kek
>>
>>35331189
hmmm, looks like making it might actually be not significantly cheaper than just buying cottage cheese for me
>>
File: Kale_Chips_Pan.jpg (235 KB, 550x365) Image search: [Google]
Kale_Chips_Pan.jpg
235 KB, 550x365
>>35326989
>>35327443
6. Curly kale chips - good for people who crave chips or for those who just like to have crunchy snack. Curly kale itself is very low on calories and the only thing you have to do is just mix it with sauce made of some oil (preferably olive oil), spices (up to you really, I prefer cayenne, pepper and garlic) and low calories ketchup.
>>35327860
My sister also tried stevia and she said it was awful, as for me it's not bad at all and it helps with sweet taste cravings while cutting so it's probably the matter of preferences and diet priorities.
>>35328137
>>35330852
Since aspartame is used by big companies like Coca-Cola and most "light" products the scientific research regarding its harm probably will be effectively blocked just like Monsanto's GMO food. Sure there probably are researches "proving" aspartame is not harmful, though these are probably backed by people who have interest in it and they are not very objective.
>>
>>35331277
Stevia has like a very clean almost cotton candy sweetness to it. Some like it and some don't
>>
>>35328161
So whats the deal with Polski Skleps? Are they welcoming to the locals or will i be given the cold shoulder like I do in African or Brazillian stores.
They always seem to be the cleanest of the ethnic shops but it doesn't hurt to ask. Oh and is there any etiquette to it?
>>
>>35331371
Ask for things they have politely and pay with local currency
>>
File: salad.png (456 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
salad.png
456 KB, 500x375
>>35326989
7. Vinaigrette salad - really basic stuff people don't think much about but this salad is actually amazing for cutting. The big amount of lettuce provides good source of fiber which makes you feel full for longer, it's also very low in calories. Add some tomatoes, mozarella/feta cheese light (for proteins) and of course sauce (dijon mustard, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, pepper). The ingredients might be expensive for making it for first time but they last for long so you can actually make many salads for cheap. Nutritional value for my vinaigrette salad
>23g proteins
>17g carbs
>20g of fat
and it really does fill my stomach.
>>
>>35331277
Kale chips are GOAT. I've never had them with ketchup, but you can do them with so many different spices/sauces. I make mine without any oil or butters, takes longer to cook but I really don't mind the taste and it's ridiculously low-cal that way.
>>
>>35331380
See you do that in an African store and you end up machetted to death for speaking English
>>
>>35331350
It has a cooling after taste that most people associate with mint. (which is why you see a lot of stevia used in sugar free chewing gum)
>>
>>35327081
Just call it farmer's cheese, you pleb. It is GOAT, tho
>>
>>35331273
Yeah its not a lot. But I hate the taste of cottage cheese so its worth it for me
>>
>>35331457
Even in the UK we call it twarog. If you said farmer's cheese I wouldn't think twarog
>>
Frozen chicken fillets
£4 per kg
Brown rice
£1.50 per kg

I ate clean and well at uni for £60/70 a week. Cut down on drinking and it's not much at all. 12kg of chicken, 1kg of brown rice, broccoli, sprouts, peas and spinach from the market. Bulk buy eggs/tuna.
>>
>>35331580
Dude if your food budget in uni was £70 then you are blessed. Not trying to begrudge you, just letting you know I'm mad jelly.
>>
>>35331391
You can make them shits with a little bit of sea salt, oil and chilli flakes and they're top-tier.

Also, kale is super easy to grow at home, 6-8 plants would provide a good stock for chips if you bake or air dry them and then store them.
>>
>>35330408
If you're in a dorm you can eat these straight out the can
>>
>tfw have to poop but don't have to poop
>>
did you guys ever look at the macros on shrimps? that shit's great for cutting. like 100cals for 24g of proteins.
>>
File: 3957332524_d2ecd5efea_b.jpg (89 KB, 970x647) Image search: [Google]
3957332524_d2ecd5efea_b.jpg
89 KB, 970x647
Dragonfruit
0 complex carbs, protien, carotene, calcium, B and C vitamins, polyunsaturated fat, and an enzyme that lowers blood pressure for cardio.

Its the perfect fruit
>>
Bumping a nice thread.

>>35334021
This is so true. I love shrimp, and am always disappointed when they don't get any love from people that eat healthy.
>>
>>35334021
Shrimp is divine my only issues with it are it goes off real quick and that it's much more expensive than chicken. Otherwise If I had more money and lived next to the shop I would eat shrimp almost 24/7.
>>
>>35334284
no flavour
>>
>>35334284
Tastes good too
>>
Lol, all you guys not cutting with ritalin.
>>
>>35334284
i think you're the perfect fruit
>>
>>35336163
T-thanks desu.
N-no homo, r-right?
>>
File: 1.jpg (110 KB, 797x631) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
110 KB, 797x631
I drink my wife's breast milk while bulking.

Think about it. Babies bulk exclusively on breast milk and can double their size in less than a year. It's unprecedented.

Now, I don't understand nutrition or science in general, but I figure nature is probably better at that than us anyway. Breast milk - by design - must be the greatest supplement of all time. There's probably all sorts of growth hormone and shit in there.

I have gained around 20lbs of lean mass since I started, without significantly changing my diet otherwise.
>>
File: Lentil nutrition.png (270 KB, 834x929) Image search: [Google]
Lentil nutrition.png
270 KB, 834x929
We have saying in my countries.

There are two kind of man.

Man who weak, limp, pussy, the gay.

And man who eat lentil.
>>
>>35336255
Breast milk = 5% fat
Cow milk = pretty much the same as breast milk but with 15% fat

You are actually hurting your gains and your test with your weird fetish
>>
>>35336255
post pic or it didn't happen
>>
>>35331277
>>35331277
Kale chips taste like ass
>>
>>35331277
>Sure there probably are researches "proving" aspartame is not harmful
But there are no studies confirming Aspartamine is harmful.
It's been around for 60 years and is the most tested food substance in existance.

If it caused cancers, we'd have known by now - and I'm not on about the one where they fed mice buckets full of it to then cause cancer (funded by sugar corps?).
>>
>>35331580
>I ate clean and well at uni for £60/70 a week
Fuck me, I live with my gf, have decent wages and our food budget is about £30 a week. Add an extra £10 if we find decent steaks that week.
And no, we don't buy crap. We buy meat and veg to prepare food ourselves.
Where the fuck are you shopping?!
>>
>>35336280
>believing an attention-seeking post on a mongolian sock puppet message board
>>
>>35336780
>mongolian sock puppet message board
kek
>>
>>35334284
NO TASTE
ON A T
S S
T A
ETSAT
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.