[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to family christmas party today >seeing lots of people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: LeonidPavel_5150.jpg (14 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
LeonidPavel_5150.jpg
14 KB, 350x250
>go to family christmas party today
>seeing lots of people for the first time in a year
>uncle says "wow anon have you been working out?"
>"heh heh yeah you know I try"
>make awkward small talk for a few minutes and wander off
>feeling shredded as fuck in front of my hot cousin
>sit down in family room
>hear uncle say to 3 old child "wow you're looking strong have you been lifting weights?"

When did you give up on your family, /fit/?
>>
He's probably encouraging the kid or just having a laugh with him using you as an example.
>>
>>35323453
You must be a big guy then.
>>
>>35323479

For him
>>
>>35323453
Great job on getting swoller, now you just need to fix your autism.
>>
Just say you do a couple of pushups here and there no one needs to know about the effort involved
>>
My family are great for all this, they comment on how great I'm looking pretty much every visit.
Though my older brother always tries to give me fitness advice while his regime consists of bike riding and drinking heaps of beer
>>
>>35323453
Today i went to special my family only xmas with gramps. We were setting up gay amazon account stuff for him to read audio books. My sister is reading off the secret questions. "What is your dream job." without missing a beat he responds "CEO of GE" wtf guys
>>
My cousin was talking about wanting to start lifting and my aunt goes "Well ask anon. He seems to know what hes doing."

First time someone has mentioned me looking like I lift.

Feels good.
>>
File: 198.jpg (16 KB, 450x265) Image search: [Google]
198.jpg
16 KB, 450x265
>At family get together
>Male cousin says im looking swole, asks about my lifts, whether im cutting or bulking
>Tell him im bulking hard, need to put on more size
>Grandma, aunt, female cousin all chime in about how i look fine just the way i am and that i shouldnt spend so much time worrying about my body, focus on study instead
>'Girls like guys with brains anon!'
>Eat as much free food as possible before leaving asap
>mfw they are all out of shape and the human embodiment of mediocrity
>>
>>35323544
Is he?
Also dubs.
>>
>>35323567

working out and being healthy is <25% of being successful, they have a point
>>
>Reasonably competent in social situations most of the time
>Have friends, hang out with them all the time
>Turn into sputtering aspie retard in front of relatives

What is it about Christmas that turns me back into an autistic 6-year-old?
>>
>>35323625

Im like 190lbs and 15-17% bf. If i stop here im mediocre like everyone else. They dont have a point they just have piss poor standards for themselves and others. And a good body is 50%. A good body and a good mind is all you truly have in life that is guaranteed
>>
>be me
>cutting
>at family thanksgiving
>family prepares huge meal with turkey, potato, beets, filling, pie, everything you could imagine
>my cardiovascular immediately drops seeing the food
>grandma puts dinner in front of me
>four huge slices of turkey, five scoops of potatoes, salad covered in ranch, potatoes covered in gravy spilled on to turkey which is topped in stuffing, beets covered in sugar
>that's an easy 3500 calories on a fucking plate grandma
>she puts huge glass of eggnog and apple cider in front of me
>this is gonna kill my gains
>pretend to eat food, feed it all to fat ass dog
>excuse myself to bathroom
>fill water bottle I had stashed in pocket with creatine I keep hidden in bathroom
>double the usual amount because it's thanksgiving
>muh gains
>come back at table, grandma puts more food on my plate
>feed it to dog
>excuse myself from table, run outside
>run 2 miles to gym
>get gainz at gym
>run the 2 miles back, everyone is still stuffing their fat ass faces but now with pie
>grandma gives me two slices of pie
>"you need to eat more anon it's not healthy to have all that muscle you need some fat on your bones"
>i'm 6'2" 210lbs 12% body fat
>laugh, feed pie to dog
>shit i forgot my post workout creatine
>excuse myself from table, go to bathroom, eat more creatine
>come back
>whole table is worried
>i sit down, they say the dog is feeling very sick and has thrown up
>i look at his puke, there's chunks of turkey
>kek
>who fed the dog their meal??! my grandma yells
>I accuse the fattie sitting next to me say he's anorexic
>whole table agrees and shames him for shaming his own body
>mfw I got massive gains thanksgiving and will do same thing this Christmas
>>
>>35323570
No he was a milkman whose claim to fame was never taking a sick day... Worked his whole life breaking his back and ended up going bankrupt and moving in with his lil sis
>>
>>35323544
But why tho.
>>
>>35323682
That doesn't mean there point is moot. A good body, by this I mean a healthy body good body language a healthy mind and social skills, are very important and they account to probably about 95%+ but to get into consideration for some things the remaining 5% are needed. Take their advice about paying attention to studies but keep on lifting. Studies are more important.
>>
>>35323756
If you didn't say the last part I would've said he seemed like a good man. How'd he go bankrupt?
>>
>>35323784
Idk man the moment he said it i lost my cool and burst out laughing and couldnt stop because of the absurdity. i think hes the kind of guy that wishes his life was the show mad men and that he thinks that being ceo of ge entails lunch martinis and secretary blowjobs and that actually running a company isnt one of your roles...
>>
>>35323826
i think he lived past his means which is something the latter generations of my family learned from, also he got fucked business wise being a milkman because thats an industry that went mainline all of a sudden and killed independent routes like his. Hes content where hes at tho now so yolo
>>
>>35323790

I get you're trying to be helpful but you're really not in a place to lecture me. Im well aware study is important, im doing a medical engineering degree, meanwhile you struggle to differentiate there from their. My story was pretty simple. Fat family discouraging me from making progress.
>>
>>35323870
Then wtf are you doing not mentioning your shit earlier. This whole argument could've been avoided.
And don't pick on my spelling, I'm using my phone and it's a headache correcting the fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>35323849
Funny I was just thinking about how badly milkmen would've suffered because of supermarkets and shit a few days ago.
>>
>>35323682

Anon remember were going into a new year soon that means kucks, femi-kuckers and sj-entitleists (fuck you) are gonna shit up threads like here and there faster than sonic can squirt semen.
Exit and run, far as you can.
>>
Been lifting for 2 years. Only now am I getting the mires I expected. Running on about 12 MPW but only 2 or 3 of those are from girls. Getting good at trivialising the work involved.

>woah man you're looking huge! Are you just training really hard?
>nah I just started doing pull ups on my gate as I get home every night haha.

>are you body building or something?
>nah I've been doing a lot of crunches before bed. They're really helping with the weightloss!
>>
>>35324682
y tho
>>
>>35323654
same
>>
File: 1423449536934.png (24 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
1423449536934.png
24 KB, 914x1091
>>35323453
>
>
>
>
>>
>>35323567
>mediocrity
Ugh! Ugh! ME AND MY COUSIN HATE MEDIOCRITY, it makes us sick!
>>
File: 1446624678071.jpg (6 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1446624678071.jpg
6 KB, 260x194
>havent seen my family in quite a long time, living on other side of country
>come home for Christmas
>family all definitely notice the change in me
>ask what I've been doing
>"oh you know, just getting out more, lifting weights, eating more protein that kind of thing"
>"oh do you have to keep a special diet or anything? "
>"nothing too crazy just lean and full of protein"
>dad goes "OOOOOOOOOO PPPRRRROOOOTTTEEEIIINNNNNNNN"
>Sister chips in "so can you eat mayonnaise and cheese anymore? Those used to be your favourites, or do they not have enough PRRROOOOTTTEEEEIIINNNNNNNNNN IN THEM"
>feel myself going red and unable to really come up with any good comebacks
>other sister leaves room and comes back
>"hey do you want some of my Christmas chocolate bro?"
>"actually yeah lets see what you g-"
>"WELL YOU CANT! BECAUSE THERES NOT ENOUGH PPPRRRROOOOTTTEEEIIINNNNNNNN IN THEM!

Gonna be a fun Christmas.
>>
>>35326540
Sounds like my family.
>>
They are not your friends
>>
>>35326540
noice kek i had here bro
>>
>>35326540
damn what a sadcase you are

family banter is a given in the UK and if it legitimately bothers you then you're a gaylord

man up and laugh it off
>>
File: Don draper reaction 1.jpg (27 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
Don draper reaction 1.jpg
27 KB, 285x298
>>35326540
>mayonnaise and cheese
>>
File: tom hanks 3.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tom hanks 3.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
>>35326678
are we sharing tom hanks pics now
>>
>>35323567
My jimmies got rustled so hard
>>
>>35323453
Dude he's just joking
>>
>>35326666
he doesnt have to do shit, least of all laugh it off

it just makes them seem like they're trying to act like cunts, if its not funny then its not funny retard
>>
>>35327302
sum people man.
>>
>>35326540
yea i know what u mean, my co-workers are exactly like this, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY.
>oh look here is anon with his oats again hehehehe
>>
>>35323734
Literal autism if you fucking run 2 m during Thanksgiving dinner. Just be like "Eh, yo gram I've gotta enough" and if she keeps perstering you tell her cousin anon didn't get enough. This is why all families need two tables. In the Anon-ski Clan, we got a kid's table for everyone under the age of 45 and an adult table for everyone who remember's JFK's presidency. That way old people can't fucking pester us about eating
>>
>>35323567
>Grandma, aunt, female cousin all chime in about how i look fine just the way i am and that i shouldnt spend so much time worrying about my body
>mfw they are all out of shape and the human embodiment of mediocrity

iktfb. They can fuck off.
>>
File: 1449820584649.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449820584649.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2000
>>35323734
>>I accuse the fattie sitting next to me say he's anorexic
Kek
>>
>>35323453
>when they mime curling a db as they ask you
>>
File: 1402827108458.jpg (23 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1402827108458.jpg
23 KB, 250x241
>when you see old friends for the first time in years and they ask if you're on steroids
>tfw natty as fuck
>>
>>35323453
I've got to remember to try this.
>>
>>35326540
>>Sister chips in "so can you eat mayonnaise and cheese anymore? Those used to be your favourites, or do they not have enough PRRROOOOTTTEEEEIIINNNNNNNNNN IN THEM"
shoulda been all like
>"too much FAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT"
>>
>>35323625
>>working out and being healthy is <25% of being successful, they have a point

Then it's a good thing you can get an amazing body with less than 25% of your waking time each day.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.