[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm currently a 5' 9" manlet whose focus is on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 594x395) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 594x395
I'm currently a 5' 9" manlet whose focus is on bodybuilding, but I want to get super strong. I'd really enjoy strongman, but was wondering if there'd be any chance for a guy as short as me. Can guys this fucking short get super strong, especially with strongman lifts?
>>
Its very possible anon, look up Jesse Norris, he is 5'9. Obviously he has good genetics, because the guy is a freak.
>>
>>35317744
Successful strongmen are often pretty tall, but there are examples of short ones. Vytautas Lalas, for example, is 5'10 and he had some success. Even got 2nd at worlds strongest man 2012.

There are weight classes in strongman too. I seriously doubt that your length is your main genetic obstacle on the road to winning wsm.
>>
>>35317828
Are there any unique challenges that short power lifters/strongmen would face in their training that taller guys wouldn't?
>>
>>35317869
loading objects to tall platforms.
>>
Objectively, you'll always be at a disadvantage in the majority of the events. It's not just about raw strength, a lot of these events are based on leverage, a shorter, lighter person isn't going to do as well on a truck pull, and is going to gas out quicker on almost any distance or endurance event, a shorter person is almost always completely fucked on the olympic stones.

Of course, there are the usual examples of shorter guys in strongman, these guys really are/were phenoms though. Giants like Shaw and Hall are in another league though, there's no such thing as enough talent or grit for a much shorter man to match them.
>>
>>35317744
dont give up, just go for your dream.
>>
>>35317869
It would definitely be hard to perform the Atlas stones and the keg toss would have increased difficulty.
>>
>>35317828
more of this pls show me what i have to look forward to
>>
>>35317896
>giants like hall
Actually eddie hall is 6'3 and relative to the other strongman, he is on the shorter side. That's why he has the best squat during WSM. When I went to the finals I watched his squat 725 for 16 reps,shit was insane.

>>35317932
At record breakers he pulled 826
He can squat 495x12
>>
Why not just become as strong as you can? Unless you're one in a couple of million shit you'll become stronger than 90% of the population after a few years in the gym.
>>
Alex Moonen is like 6,1 and he is still pretty succesful, but you'll never be the #1 with that length
>>
Stumpy Raynes is like 5'6 and he made it to WSM. He didn't win but even to make it to that competition is a feat.
>>
File: Vytautas-Lalas-4.jpg (61 KB, 393x590) Image search: [Google]
Vytautas-Lalas-4.jpg
61 KB, 393x590
>>35317744
Your height is going to be a disadvantage, but you gotta go as hard as possible anyway. Vytautas Lalas is 5'9" and he got second place at WSM in 2012. Watch that contest because he's explosive on loading events and has GIGANTIC shoulders. Try to make up for your disadvantage in other aspects.

Ask around your gym for strongman guys. Or look it up on startingstrongman. Good luck.

Lalas is my goal body. Pressing is fun as hell, and I'm going to max out my shoulder power as much as possible. If you're going to be 5'9 tall, might as well be 5'9" wide.
>>
>>35318103
Thanks a lot for the reference anon, I hadn't ever heard of any before. Pressing is a huge difficulty for me and I'm a lot better at pulling motions, I'll have to keep in mind that that's what I really need to build up
>>
>>35317744

>im a manlet
>ill compensating by being really fat, bald and have a beard, but at least I'm really strong!

fuck mate don't ruin your life.
>>
File: wsm-h4-d.jpg (48 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
wsm-h4-d.jpg
48 KB, 500x284
>>35317744
There's a thousand reasons you won't make it anywhere near the top in strongman, and your height is definitely one of them.
Not trying to be "hurr durr manlet", but there are a lot of strongman events that almost require you to be taller.
>pic related
>>
How old are you OP?
How long have you trained?
Can you post a picture of your progress muscle wise so far?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.