[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should you go all in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: allin.gif (17 KB, 369x369) Image search: [Google]
allin.gif
17 KB, 369x369
Hello /fit/,
When I have one rep to go and I'm almost certain I won't be able to do it, I prefer to re-rack the bar.
Same for when I am running and I'm at 8 out of 10 km and feel/know that I won't be able to maintain my current pace until the end, I prefer to slow down rather than going all in and possibly fail harder.
>Is it generally a sound strategy or should I always keep pushing no matter what?
>How can I delete these mental blocks?
>What do you do?
>>
>>35316353
You have to keep pushing.
>>
>>35316382
Always? Won't I risk injury more or unable to finish the race cause I'm puking?
>>
>>35316353
>2015
>Using grace accent ( ` ) as an apostrophe ( ' )

I always try the last rep, if I fail I lower the weight and finishes the set.
>>
>>35316406
*grave
>>
>>35316406
Where do I use a grave accent instead of an apostrophe?
I use single quote (') instead of an apostrophe (’) but that is because it is much more convenient on the keyboard.
>>
>>35316353
It depends, if you're in a competitive setting then yes go all out.

If you're training you have to make a judgement call. Will running the extra 2k hamper my recovery for my next workout? Is my ego going for the last rep, despite form being bad? There's no right answer.
>>
>>35316425
He's talking about the pic, you retard.
>>
>>35317036
Makes way more sense.
>>35317014
OK, so in a competitive setting I go all out even if it means dying on the field?
I guess that makes sense. I just think that I might have the choice between getting a small PR or getting a huge PR and it is tough
>>
>>35316353
so this question boils down to "do I train to failure or not?" which has been answered almost unanimously "sometimes, but not always." Some people use it as a way to break plateaus but doing it regularly is one of the legitimate ways to over train.
>>
>>35317401
Yes, but I see training to failures mostly as unlimited reps til you can't go anymore.
I was more thinking at a prescribed set of 5 and not feeling the last one.
>>
>>35316353
this guy >>35317401 covered the basics. in addition to that it depends on:
(a) your level of training
(b) the firmness of your technique
(c) your ability to recover and how often you train each muscle muscle group with how much volume

there really is no easy yes/no answer. personally I go to failure about once a month when I'm feeling really good.
>>
>>35316353
I usually do about 5 x 5 on my main lifts but if I don't think I can make it and it's the 3rd set I go hard then lower next set by 5 lbs. The worst feeling is knowing you could of done it but limited yourself
>>
>>35317534
>The worst feeling is knowing you could of learned the english language but your brain is limiting yourself
>>
>>35317253
You're not going to "die on the field" by pushing yourself to failure, stop being so dramatic for fucks sake
>>
>>35317586
according to science if you go to failure on deadlifts you might actually die right there on the spot. many people died going to final failure on deadlifts. hence the name: DEADlifts. you can google it.
>>
>>35316353
When I'm running and that happens I just slow down the pace for a km and then push it back again in the last km. I dont compeat tho. I run because it helps with my hiking.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.