[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quitting Advice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
So I've been smoking since I was 14 (I'm 20 now) and I've been meaning to quit for a few years now but never saw the point till I started getting healthy and shit.

Got any advice on how to make it less miserable? I've gone a few days without it before and I turn into the biggest asshole.

tldr: I need advice on making the withdraws bearable
>>
while experiencing withdraws, the key is to focus on the positive side-effects you're also experiencing "better breathing, you can smell better again, more energy"

Just take it a day at a time and do cardio if possible
>>
>>35314230
>tfw you realize how much brotein you could buy with all that money you spent on cigaretts
>>
Spend all your money so you cant afford them, then kill all your friends who smoke

Also if Youre thirsty grab a splode
>>
I started smoking at fifteen (weed and cigs); we would kill a couple cartons over the weekend, smoke a few cigs a day during lunch hours, and then repeat. I would rip bong-loads like they were tic-tacs. Basically, after that for a few years, my lungs almost gave out. I would wake up and have trouble breathing, I wasn't physically active enough to maintain that lifestyle, I had to make a decision.

It took me two years to quit entirely because I was weak-willed and would succumb to the temptation when it presented pussy or something social. The last time I smoked it felt amazing, but the next few days I felt like my breathing so still so labored that I really couldn't enjoy life.

It's quite a contrast when you got six months, even three, without a smoke. Your health improves dramatically (as does your mood). You're not on edge all the time and you're not depleting yourself of precious vitamins necessary for a strong mental and physical capacity. Lung damage sucks, bro, and smoking only prolongs the inevitable, because you will quit eventually. Just do it while you're young.

Test your discipline, make it something meaningful. It's a vice that you can't tame, it's just another problem.

>but fuck I miss smoking every goddamn day
>>
You should get professional help for that, makes success a lot more likely.

Also, inform yourself, obviously. This for example:
http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/tobacco/help-quitting-fact-sheet
>>
>>35314230

I just went cold turkey, took me 3 times to quit. Because I had a GF at a time that smoked and I went out drinking. And I love to smoke when drunk. Just stay away from things that want to make you smoke.
>>
>>35314230
I'm in the same boat as you OP.
Been trying to ween myself down for a month now and it sucks.
At least I went from smoking a pack a day to just 2-3 per day.
>>
Its totally not just about the chemical. Its about the action. Its about having something to do every half hour to occupy your mind in a satisfying way.
Cliche suggestion but vaping will fufill that need in a safer way and you can try and deal with your addiction slowly with minimal damage from that point.
>>
Quitting is scary. Imagining the rest of your life smoke-free can be overwhelming. Especially when your newly found smokefree lifestyle is so filled with withdrawals.

That's why you only focus on staying smoke-free for one day at a time. It's less overwhelming. Whole day without a smoke too much? One hour at a time then.

Don't use willpower. Your will is to smoke. You have to admit to yourself that you're powerless over the addiction of cigarettes and you need something more than just yourself. Got someone that could help you in staying smokefree? If not, there are plenty of communities on the internet.

It's tough. You'll be tempted with stupid shit like nicotine gum, patches, nasal spray etc. Also with electronic cigarettes. These are all bullshit commodities designed to prolong your cravings. If you ever find yourself holding one of these products, throw them away. The only permanent way is cold turkey.

Can confirm, quit smoking, alcohol and drugs for over 3 years now
>>
>>35314230
Quit smoking over a year ago now. It is hardcore mode, if you are gaming a lot.
>>
>>35314230
The vaporizers help
Just get an unflavored juice and drop the nicotine percentage each time til 0%, then you just need to teach yourself to not associate it with stress relief and you're good.

Or just take up vaporizing and have none of the breathing problems smoking gives you
>>
You messed up by smoking cigarettes, the tobacco jew. Had you the good sense to smoke cigars you wouldn't have a nicotine addiction due to different metabolism pathway, and would have a reduced chances of heart disease.
>>
>>35314230
i smoked cig and dank for 7 years, have quit now for 2 years, the first year of quitting I had a couple of short relapses. but even if you relapse don't see it as failure. its part of quitting

protip : just don't buy a new pack of cigs. if you are drunk and and you smoke one from your mates that night its not as bad as buying a new pack.

the moment you realise what a waste smoking is you should be able to stay off it. there are literally NO benefits to smoking.

what helped me quit was doing tripping on shrooms this one time. afterwards I had absolutely no interest in smoking or any drugs anymore. turning point in my life ayy .
>>
>>35316326

fuck off hipster faggot
>>
Cold laser therapy is like 90% effective. That is to say, 9 out of 10 people who go for cold laser therapy after a handful of sessions, never smoke again. Forget the patch and anything else, look only at statistics, and cold laser therapy is the best effective option, since cold turkey doesn`t work for most people and there`s no point denying facts and statistics. Just do it.

Next time I`m forced to breathe cig smoke because some idiot is fucking retarded, I tell them kindly about cold laser. And so far about 100 percent of the time they do nothing because they are fucking retards who dont care, pollute themselves and society and should just go fuck themselves. That`s my 2 cents.
>>
>>35314230
Yeah. Just don't fucking smoke. And for the first months don't get drunk because it will fuck up your will. It took me 8 times to quit smoking, used to smoke at least 20 cigarettes a day and if I went out I smoked at least 40 in the night. But here I am, clean since 3 years ago.

No one is controlling your hand except you, so don't put cigarettes in your mouth you idiotic cunt.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.