[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ - Fitness used to be /fit/- Health and Fitness So, is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Star_of_life_parts.svg.png (68 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Star_of_life_parts.svg.png
68 KB, 600x600
/fit/ - Fitness used to be /fit/- Health and Fitness

So, is EMS /fit/ related, or should I fuck off to another board--if so, where?
>>
>>35304616
This is not an Emergency Medical board, no.
>>
>>35304642
No medicine outside of broscience?
>>
>>35304616
Paramedic here, what d'you want
>>
>>35304655
EMT here, figured I'd get a general rolling if there was any interest. It was a thing on /k/ for a short while.

Know of any condensed medic courses? I heard a rumor of one in Colorado but I can't find anything on it.
>>
>>35304662
How condensed? I believe University of Iowa has one that's one semester long but I just heard that through the grapevine. My program was 1 year.
>>
>>35304675
Both of those are condensed compared to what I'm finding here in Pennsylvania: paramedic programs run anywhere from three to four semesters. Checking into the University of Iowa one now, thanks.
>>
>>35304696
No problem. I got my license through Loyola University Medical Center in Illinois, it's nationally accredited.
>>
>>35304616
When I do certain things like cough, laugh etc I'm getting a somewhat sharp pain in my right shoulder somewhat deep, any idea what it is? I've slapped a lidocain patch on it for now but whut do? Haven't been to a doctor in about 6 years and honestly don't plan on changing that.
>>
>>35304710
Holy balls, University of Iowa does it in 8 months. I wonder if they do a good job of prepping you for NREMT exams in that time.
>>
>>35304714
Hate to break it to you but a doctor's the only one who's gonna be able to tell you what it is. I'm sure you've googled already the possible causes of it. If it doesn't go away on its own might be time to break that 6 year streak.
>>35304725
The NREMT exams aren't that bad. But yeah I thought my 12 month program was stressful, sounds like Iowa is 8 months of hell.
>>
>>35305160
Looking into it more, I don't have the college course pre-reqs so it doesn't end up being that much of a shortcut.
>>
>>35304675
Wtf medic here in Canada and my program was 3 years
>>
>>35305160

12 months sounds miserable. Mine was 2 years and it was already jam packed with shit to the point where I had a hard time making room for clinicals with work.
>>
>>35305820
Might be a different scope of practice or some shit. What can a Canadabro paramedic do?
>>
>>35304616
If I wanted to go to school for bioengineering, are there any employers or volunteer departments who would cover my tuition if I worked for them as an EMT?
>>
>>35305839

Some rescue squads and hospitals will pay for it. Our city fire dept will pay for people to go from b to I to p and the local hospital transport agency will do the same thing.
>>
>>35305833
Exactly the same but we get paid quite a bit here for primary care. Starting is anywhere from 90,000 to 100,000 in peele and Toronto area. Advanced care is 6 digits and up and same for critical care. Essential services is also very competitive here and we dont have schools that are just paramedicine
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.