[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how good are electric shavers in comparison to regular razors?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
how good are electric shavers in comparison to regular razors?
I get aggravated skin and pipes from regular blades, also a pack of razes cost me 7-9$ so i just want to go and get a electric one.
any of you used both? whats your opinion on it?
>>
electric shavers are a meme

don't be a pussy anon
>>
>>35303908

don't buy packs, have a decent one that lasts like a month. better shave, actually costs less over the month
>>
I use a double edged razor with a badger hair brush. Best shave I've ever had and razor blades are like $20 for 100 (each one last about a week)
>>
I tried every variation of razors, oils, cream and post-shave I could find barring cutthroat razor and alwats ended up with razor rash and ingrowns.

I ended up getting an electric razor and still get the idd ingrown but that's it. The only downside is it's not as close a shave.

Make sure you get one with just horizontal foils. If you have sensitive skin the circular triple head ones will fuck your shit up
>>
>>35303950
i dont need close shave, i think i look better with a 5 o'clock shadow
>>
>>35303908

Who /Gilette/ Masterrace here?
>>
>>35303908
Regular razors are cleaner. Electric shavers are for lazy people or those who still want a shadow.

I used both and currently using the electric shaver just because it's quicker and I don't have to buy razes.
>>
File: 12.jpg (36 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
36 KB, 425x425
>>35304106
I just use these shitty disposable ones

they're fucking awful but I hate using the same razor more than once
>>
>>35303908
I personally use a cheap 50 Euro electric razer for the same reasons. It does cut back slightly less than blades but I don't mind. Also I have yet to replace the blades on it whilst they only cost 15 bucks anyway. I'm quite content, don't get those faggy 3 razor head things tho, they cost a gazzilion bucks.
>>
>>35303949
This brehs.
Pick up a merkur 37 on amazoni
And a blade sampler, phenomenal shave and fairly inexpensive in the long run
>>
>>35303950

My skin gets fucked up from wet-shaving too.

I've been using a rotary blade razor for years and occasionally get irritation, I'll buy a horizontal one next.
>>
>>35304145
You know the blade head comes off right?
>>
>>35303908
I prefer electric razors
I bought a Braun pulsonic (now called series 7) back in 2007 I think for $220 and I still use it to this day
I've gone back to regular blades like gilette fusion proglide and dollar shave club razors for a while and I keep going back to my brain pulsonic because its way faster, gives a pretty close shave (if I have any stubble I might use my fusion provide to hit those places in less than a minute) and it cost less

A good electric razor > regular razors
Just my opinion though
>>
>>35303908
safety razor, or shavette.
everything else is a meme.
regular razors are more expensive and worse on your skin. electrics are ok if you want a 5 o'clock shadow, but fuck that just shave less often, and the unmentioned straight razor is easier to use than a shavette, but high manteinance.
>>
get the cheapest electric whatnot buzz thing for quick shaves, haircuts, upper dick road trim, armpits and asshair.

get the gillete/some shit with disposable heads for clean shaving (face, back, shoulders, dick,balls and taint).

use cold water when shaving face, warm water for the balls.

when shaving the balls - stretch them and shave in one direction.

don't use soap as shaving cream.

if you have dry skin put some cream after aftershave sinks in/evaporates/whatever (don't use fat heavy creams - that will clog up the pores).

use different heads for face/everything else.

always clean the head after use (quick rinse, dry it with tp, then apply some alcohol and wipe it with tp again) - that way they will last longer.
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 750x924) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 750x924
I just use the cheap disposable Gillette two blades with the strip, I don't even use foam.

Would like a closer shave though, are double edged razors a meme or do they give you a closer shave?

Pic related, I love a close shave - baby soft skin > beard.

But only thing is I get stubble within a day, so shaving every day is too much surely?
>>
>>35306904
Clear skin is a sign of high estrogen m8, enjoy your no gains
>>
>>35303908

get a fucking electric buzzer, the thing thats used for cutting hair, fuck close shaving, thats for acne sporting faggots.

get with the program, welcome to 2016 where we buzz our beards off and make femanons mad with teh stubble. Godspeed anon
>>
What is the best shaving cream for someone who has oily sensitive skin?
>>
>>35306904
nice skin but I think a beard is better on you
>>
>>35306904
Safety razor give closer shaves and are cheaper. As another previously said you can get packs of 100 blades for less than 20 bucks. The razor is something you'll keep forever. I change mine after every 2 shaves, whereas when I used overpriced disposables I often kept them too long and irritated my skin. There's also something to be said about how nice the whole old-fashioned shaving ritual can feel, as fedora as it might seem, using a nice preshave lotion, a nice badger with shaving soap, how heavy the razor handle feels in your hand and how it naturally goes against you face without putting pressure on it, then post-shave with alum block and lotion, etc. it's a lot more enjoyable than putting foam with your hand then scratching your face with lubed blades. Disposable razors with three blades or whatever are marketing memes. They only exist because razor brands needed to find a way to make more profit. Only advantage is that you can shave more safely and easily, without a mirror in the shower if you're late and need to rush... so I keep some for those rare occasions. whereas DE shaving takes more time, preparation and attention.

> While he was working for Crown Cork & Seal Co. of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, King Camp Gillette (yes that Gillette) recognized that there was no money in a product that was going to be re-used forever. After all, a product that needs to be replaced on a consistent basis also means a consistent income from repeat sales. This disposable razor would need to appear as if it was an improvement over what was already. The important thing to take out of this little history lesson is that the disposable razor (which later turned into cartridge razors) was not an actual improvement, but only made to look like one.
>>
>>35303949
This desu

I have a thick beard and couldn't shave with normal plastic razors before. Safety razor is a life saver.
>>
>>35306904
>this fucking guy again
just go back to /soc/
>>
>>35306904
I only have beard growth on my upper lip and on the chin. To prevent looking like a 14 yo non shaver, I shave every fucking day with a double edged razor. They give you a closer shave, but you're gonna have to get used to using them. Refer to >>35307919. A decent preparation for the shave is more important than how you actually do it. Get hot water onto a towel and put that on your face. Use really hot water for your shaving brush and the soap.
>>
File: shaving-blade-electric.png (318 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
shaving-blade-electric.png
318 KB, 500x354
>>35303908
Hair after shaving. Razor vs. electric
>>
>>35304106
It's shit. I still have to pass it the same number of times. If your beard is a bit long, even just a bit, the hairs get all stuck in the lower blades and they don't cut shit. And the vibe is shit too. I can't feel what I'm doing with that shit on.
>>
>>35304145
>I hate using the same razor more than once

What a waste.
When you eat at restaurants, do you only have one bite?
>>
>>35307517
Try hair conditioner. Really.
>>
>>35308497
but they get unsharpened too quickly
>>
>>35303908
electric shavers give me skin irritation if I use them more than once a week.
It does feel smoother than a razor
>>
>>35303908
>>35303949

These are good, but if you try that kind of razor, don't get discouraged early on. It took me a while to get the technique and razor brand down. At first, I had shitty shaves I had to clean up with my old cartridge razor afterwards, and the shave soap was shit at forming lather...so at first I thought safety razors was a new "muh old fashioned stuff is better" meme.
>>
>>35308426
explain pls
>>
Anyone here keeps their facial hair to a certain length?

I look like a child with no beard and it looks degenerate with a wildly growing one - so what to so here?
(Especially because I can't grow a full beard, missing hair growth on the way up to ears)
>>
i use a trimmer because i was fed up with the awful razor burn and ingrown hairs. i dont get a particularly close shave, but theres no red bumps that last for months.
>>
>>35308700

Just trim it to a tolerable size. I usually just pop on the 3/4" shaver guide on my electric trimmer and that does it for me.
>>
File: 2009_Undisputed_3_100.jpg (132 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
2009_Undisputed_3_100.jpg
132 KB, 800x533
>>35308700
Yeah I keep it like pic related (a bit shorter)
>>
>>35308620
not him but hes implying that a razor gives your hair a clean cut while a trimmer doesnt, tugging your hair and causing irritation and split ends. its like youve never seen a fucking commercial
>>
>>35308755
>>35308751

But that's best done with an electrical trimmer right?

Godda buy one of those and be done with it.
>>
>>35308803
this is true certain designs is not good for the hair its a bad sign after the first time and usually you can just catch it and keep it at a level but it doesnt fully recover
>>
>>35309043
Yes, how else would you do it
>>
File: 2432261.jpg (10 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
2432261.jpg
10 KB, 350x350
I switched to a safety razor. It is not as close a shave unless i really want it to be.

Shave soap + safety razors are dirt cheap and don't give me any razor burn.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.