[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: blog-lesson-from-barbell-main.jpg (2 MB, 2808x1872) Image search: [Google]
blog-lesson-from-barbell-main.jpg
2 MB, 2808x1872
Do i count the bar weight?

is the picture 90lbs, or 90lbs + the bar?
>>
Well it increases the weight so i'd assume you would but if your going to be in a competition or some shit you should probably ask them
>>
>>35291641
I don't count the bar because I suck at basic math and it's easier to remember
>>
>>35291641
Theres a reason the bar weighs exactly as much as one plate - 45 lbs

Most people will count it
>>
the bar doesn't weigh anything. they make crossfit plates out of the same stuff as barbells
>>
>>35291641

The bar doesn't count as weight idiot, the bar is there to counteract the negative gravity caused by your muscles exerting themselves. If the bar wasn't there than 2pl8 would weight less since your muscles energy giving it momentum when you move it causes some of the gravitational pull of the earth on the weights to be sheared off.
>>
you count the bar because everyone does except >>35291661 because he has autism.
Thus, the picture is 135lbs assuming a standard 45lbs BB
>>
Count it, because pretty much everything starts at 135.
>>
>>35291641
The bar doesn't count as weight idiot, the bar is there to counteract the negative gravity caused by your muscles exerting themselves. If the bar wasn't there than 2pl8 would weight less since your muscles energy giving it momentum when you move it causes some of the gravitational pull of the earth on the weights to be sheared off.
>>
>>35291680
Damn man you posted my thesis
>>
>>35291386
>>35291680
>>35291698
Epic new meme bros.
>>
>>35291673
Go to the moon and see how much you can bench child, less gravitational energy exerted on the bar the more gravity your muscles can subtract. The moon has 1/3 the density of the earth with 1/2 the size, this equals 75% gravity. 2pl8 on the moon would weight 58lbs, combining that with the 20kilos negative gravity your body can produce would mean 2pl8 weighs 13lbs!

Weightlifting is a science kid, not a contest of brute force. One must always figure in a person's ability to negate gravity, the gravity of the surrounding area(gym), density of the bench material(soft means less of the surrounding areas gravity is exerted on you), and the melting point of the materials being lifted( lifting ice dumbbells in an environment above 32°F causes the gravitational particles of the planet to melt out of them with each rep).

Tldr open a fucking book kid
>>
>>35291716
>the study of mass/gravity energy dynamics-Dr.M.Rippetoe

Read a book
>>
for the record, I went to the gym yesterday at night was was alone. There is his big scale next to the bathroom, so I weighted 3 bars. 2 of them were 40 pounds, other was 45.

It's a big gym, legit place with roiders and powerlifters
>>
>>35291723
I really hope this doesn't become the new 1 rep max epic meme.
>>
You don't count the bar. Only dyel faggots count the bar to feel better about themselves lifting babyweight. OP thats's only 90lbs, don't try to make yourself look better, youre not fooling anyone.
>>
File: 1447788578478.gif (3 MB, 360x249) Image search: [Google]
1447788578478.gif
3 MB, 360x249
>>35291723
>>
So what I'm getting from this thread is to not count the bar. But I have a non standard 25 lb bar. So should I subtract 20 lbs??
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.