[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got cucked, and developed an intense desire to get /fit/ and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: alexander-the-great-1[1].jpg (25 KB, 307x454) Image search: [Google]
alexander-the-great-1[1].jpg
25 KB, 307x454
I got cucked, and developed an intense desire to get /fit/ and to improve myself. partly to appeal to women more.
But then I thought, that's not me, that's not really who I want to be, I don't want anyone to feel attracted to me for any superficial attributes I may possess.

I want to be appreciated for my personality, almost entirely.

I know lifting would make me feel good in general, but I feel like I might be selling my soul to the devil.

Does /fit/ want to discuss this?
>>
File: 1395697480341.jpg (111 KB, 468x714) Image search: [Google]
1395697480341.jpg
111 KB, 468x714
Get out of your comfort zone, attain experience, level up your personality.
>>
>>35279368
I want to, but I don't want to change my appearance.
>>
If you got cvcked by a black man, you'd be surprised to know that by the end of your time on /fit/ you would want to fuck him in the ass instead of winning your bitch back
>>
noone's going to notice a damn difference anyway so just do it to feel a bit better, stop looking for excuses before even getting your toes wet
if you don't like it, don't do it
>>
>>35279379
>I don't want to change my appearance.

Then don't do anything to your appearance? Are you autistic?
>>
>>35279417
Did you not read the OP?
I was just asking how /fit/ felt about this issue, are -you- autistic?
>>
>>35279427
You said you wanted to be appreciated for your personality you dipshit. Do you have Alzheimer's disease AND autism? You're out of luck man.
>>
>>35279427
how do you think a board full of lifting autists are going to feel about you not wanting to lift, you stupid autistic shit?
>>
>>35279435
Uh, what?
None of this is related to what I said in the OP, I think you're bad at reading.

>>35279436
I was asking what /fit/ had to say about this conundrum, perhaps igniting some fruitful discourse.
I wasn't looking for validation.
>>
lifting feels good man

you probably aren't going to change your appearance very much anyway
>>
>>35279450
but you are, you fucking dipshit. No wonder you got cucked. Fucking disgrace just sudoku already
>>
>>35279347
once a cuck always a cuck

best option is to kill yourself

live, get cucked, die, live again
don't fuck up next time
>>
>>35279450
The reason you would feel like you were selling your soul to the devil is the fact that you believe people would only judge you on your appearance. but, if you believe that people are shallow enough to be controlled by your appearance, wouldn't any dismissal of your skinnyfat fuccboi opinions also fall under that same shallowness? in what way is shallow rejection preferable to shallow praise? I don't see any reason to prefer the former over the latter. If anything, by dictating your life according to the edicts of some unnamed "other" you have put your life choices into their hands. You're the nonconformist of bodybuilding-- that is to say, controlled by the very forces you preach against. AKA cuck.
>>
>>35279518
OP can't escape his cuck nature, only death will bring him peace
>>
File: 1439856879152.jpg (203 KB, 675x891) Image search: [Google]
1439856879152.jpg
203 KB, 675x891
>, I don't want anyone to feel attracted to me for any superficial attributes I may possess
>believes becoming /fit/ only means improving your physical appearance

Do you know how humbling it is to lift heavy shit? How much patience it takes? Probably not.

> but I feel like I might be selling my soul to the devil.
Lmao, if you think that's what you think becoming healthy is then I'm not surprised you got cvcked.

Just do as >>35279473 said or improve yourself one step at a time.
>>
>>35279518
Well not only, but I would definitely prefer it if I were -entirely- judged for my personality, which obviously will never happen since people don't work that way, but I don't want to attract people who like me based on my looks either.
I got confused by the rest of the post, are you suggesting it's shallow to reject other shallowness?

If your argument is that when I seek pride because I refuse to improve my appearance, then I would agree, but that's not what I was saying at all.

>>35279542
I addressed all of that in the OP.
>>
>>35279555
>I addressed all of that in the OP
No you didn't. You just made some bullshit excuses.

We could care less about you do anyways.
You are one drop in an ocean.
It's actually better if you stay weak, that way we could make you into a cvck easier and you won't contaminate the gene pool any longer.

Your problem isn't even physical fitness, it's your mindset, which is the reason you're here and the reason you got cvcked.
You're weak both mentally and physically.
B E T A
E
T
A
>>
>>35279586
No I have though, it's you who is babbling incomprehensible nonsense masqueraded by memes and shitposting.

I was addressing the part of /fit/ that did it "for the girls", and if they didn't feel like they were selling out for doing that.

I addressed other reasons for lifting in the OP and it was never the subject.
>>
>>35279597
Lmao, you're hopeless man.
>>>/r9k/
>>
>I want to be appreciated for my personality, almost entirely.

things that ugly people say. if you are ugly, then tough luck. not much you can do. best thing is not spreading your ugly genes, for the betterment of humanity.
if not, then what's the problem, honestly? if you have a good personality then it won't be a problem, you will always find someone that will listen to you and appreciate you for who you are.
also I don't understand the "selling my soul to the devil" thing. i get the notion that you think getting fit is like cheating. but it isn't. people naturally like people that are fit. think of the implications of a being a fit guy, and why people might like you for being fit.
>>
>>35279778
I have a nice looking face, I've been told this a lot.
But I'm a hungry skeleton.

I don't have a problem, it's what I'm doing already.
But I had shortly debated on lifting to improve my chances in general, but then thought crossed my mind that I would end up skewing the results by attracting more people who would only come for me for my looks.

I don't think it's cheating, I just have this idealistic notion where I wouldn't want to be appreciated for my looks, as difficult as that might be.
>>
>tfw used to think like OP but its honestly stupid shit
>tfw just wanna lift/exercise to better myself and get out of the house

Why even factor these hypothetical people in your decision making
>>
>>35279347
>lifting == selling soul to devil
Then lifting isn't right for you.
Then you will be alone forever & with good reason.
Also, can you honestly say you don't care about how attracted you are to your partner?
>>
>>35279347
>I don't want anyone to feel attracted to me for any superficial attributes I may possess.
If you ever achieve something /fit/worthy, it won't be superficial. And if you mean bodybuilding, how is something that takes years of steady dedication 'superficial'? I don't see it...
>>
>>35279807
I've had girlfriends though.
Obviously not, as I said in my posts before.
>>
>>35279809
Well the dedication, discipline and hard work are not superficial, but that's not really what people will admire when they see your body.
It will look nice and they will like that, that's superficial.
>>
>>35279809
I think he's talking about those sloots who flock to every other fit guy and he wants to avoid them

but isnt it a little too early to be worrying about that?
>>
File: 1422682414742.jpg (182 KB, 1040x629) Image search: [Google]
1422682414742.jpg
182 KB, 1040x629
>>35279791
>>
>>35279850
>>35279347
>>
>>35279840
It's not even that, I feel like when I would look for someone for a romantic relationship the only thing that should matter is personality, how compatible two people are essentially.
Once you factor in looks you will skew the whole result and the chances of being with "the wrong" person increase, obviously I am not free of this way of thinking myself.

I was thinking that lifting perhaps would make things more difficult.
>>
>>35279791

>I would end up skewing the results by attracting more people who would only come for me for my looks

why is that bad? think about it. you get more people interested in you. if you are not interested in them, then you just stop talking to them, and you try your chances with other people. you lose nothing, and you gain more recognition and become more attractive. everyone judges people by looks first, even (You). eventually people get to know others personally.
>>
>>35279791
Generally women are attracted to physique but become attached for personality. Correct me if i'm wrong.
>>
>>35279879
Because ultimately I wouldn't know who sincerely liked me for who I am, and I don't believe relationships that are built on superficial attraction will last.
>>
>>35279850
>>35279895
>>
File: Doin it.gif (1 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
Doin it.gif
1 MB, 288x288
Lifting is all about self-improvement, but you can also lift to make other people happier with who you are as well

Think about your situation like this: Imagine there were two girls that adored you, and you really liked for "who they are". They are identical in personality, life experiences, etc. Would you rather pick the girl with the 8/10 to 10/10 body or the one who is passable but nothing special to look at and doesn't put much effort into her appearance ?

Fitness benefits your health and capacity to function as a human being, but it can also make your future gf feel good about knowing that the person she's dating works hard to make sure he is the best person he can be for her.
>>
>>35279906
/thread
>>
>>35279906
I already addressed all of that.
Ultimately I just cannot know for what I am being appreciated, unless I lack a certain attribute altogether.
>>
>>35279895

tbqh you are just worrying too much. if they are attracted to you only superficially then you would know, trust me.
>>
>>35279969
I'm not talking about these extreme situations, I can gauge it well enough, just that by lifting I would make it more difficult to figure it out.
>>
>>35279976
I have though. Did you read the thread?
You yourself actually didn't address any of my points, you just randomly started talking about the benefits of lifting which I'm already aware of (which you would know if you had read the thread, you didn't, you got called out on it and then got butthurt).
>>
>>35279932
I understand what you're saying.

However, it should be relatively evident as time goes on whether she appreciates you for your body or not. If you deny that, then you really are just making excuses for yourself to not have to get /fit/.

Don't deny your future gf the best you can give her just because you're scared. To see whether she's genuine, see if you guys can hold a conversation, try to have a real relationship outside of having sex, listen to what she says she likes about you, etc.
>>
You have to show the world how attractive you are on in the inside by being attractive on the outside. It takes hard work , discipline and dedication to lift the iron and put it back down. You can make yourself handsome by chiseling your jawline and building muscle. Your clothes wil fit better and you will radiate confidence.

I'm sorry but reality is cruel. Unless you are rich, nobody will want to get to know you unless you give them zn initial incentive or bait.

It takes work to be good looking. I maybe of average looks face wise, but god damn it I can make my body a solid 8+

Just do it faggot, or don't and be a bitter lonely neckbeard. I've been on both sides, and it feels better to not be a skinny ugly guy.
>>
>>35279990

>>35279976 was my first post. I hadn't written you anything at all until that point.

I read the entire post and was about to address some of your points, until I realized your response to everything was "I already addressed all of that", regardless of what was said. Good bait, anon, you really got me riled up there for a minute.
>>
>>35280023
>You have to show the world how attractive you are on in the inside by being attractive on the outside

That leads to a very false implication, you can be attractive and still be an utter cocktooth, you just take care of yourself better than most.

>>35279977
To be real honest why do you think its any easier for DYELs, they can easily start flippng out on whether their partner is just "settling" for them or not.
>>
fuck you op I'm reporting this thread fucking scum stay cucked
>>
>>35279347
Yeah I was afraid of this, compromising who I *am* just because I'm tired of being alone. And then /fit/ sort of bitch-slapped me out of that line of thought. Who the fuck do you think you are if you're not going to seek out that next level in life and why should anyone love you if you aren't giving *you* your all. How can you say you truly love a woman, should you find a lover, if you're letting your body rot. That isn't true love. Love takes a leap of faith like that, that you both want to be each other's better half. Anything less is unacceptable/not genuine. As you are now OP, you'd be a failure of a lover, personality be damned.
>>
>>35279869
So is sex not a part of the equation? You don't want to have sex, which is very based on physical form? Also, a girl might be with you for youre personality, but she will notice youre appreance, and if she feels you should look better she will notice. Human beings are very visual. Also, a girl that u would consider for a romantic relationship would hopefully be smart wnough to recognize that effort put into looking good and veing healthy. Unless of course youre only looking for validation and an excuse not to take youre life into youre own hands
>>
File: FB_IMG_1440950453961.jpg (37 KB, 460x613) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1440950453961.jpg
37 KB, 460x613
OP is an attention seeking faggot.

Ignore him.
>>
>>35279932
How is personality not superficial? What did u do to get youre personality to be the way it is? It is probably a result to youre genetic makeup added to things u experienced in youre life that you had no control over, such as parents and childhood.

Also, there are plenty of superficial reasons to like a person. Intelligence, personality, accomplishments, money, niceness, appearance, all are superficial. You wont know what people like you for.

You just have to be the best you, and eventually the best person for you will become obvious. If you don't act like a superficial piece of shit, then the qualities other people see in you will become clear.
>>
Id rather be more worried about girls only liking me for my body rather than them leaving me for being a weak shitfuck
>>
>>35280046
If you don't love yourself and try to be a good person then how can anybody else? I've found that I'm much more polite, nice and social. You can be the angry brooding existentialist all you want but nobody will want to be around you, ugly or not.

You sound full of excuses. Why don't you try lifting for 3 months to see how you like it? You literally have nothing to lose except that time spent working out.

To me, lifting is zen and part of improving myself. I feel strong on the inside and outside it is showing. The iron will never lie to you.
>200 pounds is 200 pounds

https://youtube.com/watch?v=c_E5Z0MoNm0
>>
>>35279347
This world owes you nothing.

Become who you want to be or die unfulfilled.
>>
>>35280514
I'm not OP, im just playing the doubles advocate for that one point
>>
File: 1380935163729.gif (227 KB, 400x410) Image search: [Google]
1380935163729.gif
227 KB, 400x410
>>35279347

Then you're a douche who doesn't want to live in the real world, where people are always making judgments with imperfect information and need as many queues to work with as possible, subtle or otherwise, to feel like they really have a meaningful grasp of a person and can see them in a favorable light.

Seriously, do you walk around in slippers and robes every day for comfort, since you're so special and fickle appearances mean nothing to you? Or better yet, full niqab, so that nobody can discern any features on you at all aside from a vague body shape and your stunning personality is all they have to work with?

In fact, you probably just shouldn't go outside altogether. Better to just sit in your room and fly a drone around to handle all your interactions with others. You can even run a text-to-speech system on it so you don't have to risk talking through a microphone; we can't risk having a fickle, purely sensual thing like the sound of your voice distracting people from the vital essence of who you *really* are, can we? Much better if they get your purest thoughts transmitted in a neutral, robotic monotone.

You ignorant cunt. No wonder your bitch left you. You're a stuck-up prick with a lifeless, too-good-for-this-world attitude.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.