[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hei guys, didnt found this in the sticky so im going to ask it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: CjCCD.jpg (65 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
CjCCD.jpg
65 KB, 700x525
hei guys, didnt found this in the sticky so im going to ask it here, i have a minor scoliosis from bad posture and im going to start lifting, can i do that? is it going to make my back more fucked up? currently im doing column straightening exercises so if i go to the gym in the mornin and in th evening i do the routine i should be ok?
>>
ask a doctor
you have probably already contracted aids though
>>
I have pretty bad scoliosis can't remember degree but my spine looks like an s. Ive been to physical therapy, chiropractors nothing has helped my back pain from scoliosis as much as lifting has. You're good lift heavy and your back will feel better
>>
>>35273094
Do your own research. I can't imagine that back squatting would be good for you
>>
>>35273338
well i dont suffer from chronic pain i mean of course my back hurts when i sit but the pain isnt that bad since im a big guy
>>
>>35273394
What I meant in general is lifting heavy weight helped me and it has not hurt me in the slightest. Squats and mainly deadlifts strengthened the muscle around my spine to be able to deal with my scoliosis lifting weights is good for you
>>
I have scoliosis and my friend has even worse scoliosis, we both lift, we both squat heavy, we both deadlift heavy. As long as you start with small weight and really work on the form, it's not going to fuck you up. Just be careful
>>
>>35273430
This
>>
should i mention it to the trainer? and theres this thing where i have to confirm that i dont suffer from anything, can i say no ?
>>
I have scoliosis too. Youre fine to lift but make sure you stretch. I get lower back pain and neck pain sometimes when i deadlift/squat or do bent over rows so be careful. If youre form is good you dont have much to worry about. Although my right shoulder is half an inch below my left so benching is a little weird cause the bar isnt perpendicular to my body.

Also offtopic but pics like this always make me think. Like is this a photoshoot or were 4 girls like "hey, lets take off our tops and have someone take a slutty picture of us!"
>>
>>35273477
ya dont say shit imo
>>
>>35273480
my left shoulder is lower that the right a bit , ive been told that aftert 1 year my spline will be straight, will my shoulders too?
btw i think thats how 10/10 dumb girls act, especially when the hottest one is a model so its normal for them to get naked
>>
>>35273572
idk. i was told my spine will never be completely straight. I also have no curve in my neck so i have this special pillow i sleep with. Also have this disc hydrator device thing i use. I basically strap forehead and chin into it and inflate this thing behind my neck and lay on it for 15 minutes to force a curve in my neck. i know i can fix that but i dont think back will ever be 100%
>>
>>35273477
Is it an actually trainer that has knowledge and experience with actually customizing programs to fit certain goals, including strength training? If so, sure. Most trainers, however, are just random guys that walk around the gym, handing out pre-printed splits and showing girls how the machines work. Those are more concerned with their own peace of mind than your progress, so mentioning anything is even remotely off about you will probably make them keep you doing machines with no weight for months until you get bored and ditch them or just stop going to the gym.
>>
>>35273394
4u

Ask your PT first. Odds are he will tell you that you can and should; I would bet good money.
However, if you can, you should add weight like if you were a girl. I'm not even kidding. If the program says "add 5lb", you add 2.5. If it says "start with 90lb", you'll start with 45. It'll be boring at first but at least you'll stall less often and avoid injury.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.