[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how many pull ups do you have to do to achieve abdominal hypertrophy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
how many pull ups do you have to do to achieve abdominal hypertrophy?
>>
>>35271119
At least two
>>
>>35271119
All pullups work abs. Strict hollow position pullups are better than dangly wacky legs pullups, though. Weighted using a belt and not a vest seem to always give me a little ab doms the next day.
>>
File: pull up.gif (634 KB, 300x247) Image search: [Google]
pull up.gif
634 KB, 300x247
>>35271126
>tfw can do 3
>>
>>35271119
shopped abs
>>
>>35271162
Serves her right for trying to cheat.
Pull-up, not jump up.
>>
>>35271162
I used to have that same bar. she's clearly missing some pieces.
>>
>>35271162
I have those door frame pull up bars, the one that you hang on top. My gf came by and was not convinced whether it was stable, even though I showed her that I could easily do pull ups without any problems. She said
>Right, but what if you pulled down as hard as you can, the door frame would rip off, wouldn't it?
I took the bar and did another pull up. She said "No, you are doing pull ups again, I meant that you should pull the bar down!"

Admittedly, she was always really shitty at physics.
>>
>>35272429
Obviously you had to nail your feet to the ground first, your girlfriend must think you're an idiot.
>>
>>35272429
>F == ma
Even assuming your mass being constant, you could still increase the force exerted on the bar by increasing your acceleration.
>>
>>35272429
I think she meant suddenly jerking the bar as hard as you can instead of smoothly pulling yourself up.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.