[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys have strategies to get your gf to go to the gym with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 500x499
Do you guys have strategies to get your gf to go to the gym with you?

My current gf has a little too much belly fat. I'm shitlording her when she eats candy and I'm trying to get her to go jogging or do squats with me but she's passively resisting.

Anyone have ideas?
>>
>>35265987
maybe she's resisting because you are being pushy about it.

>2015
>not regularly reverse psychologying your bitch to do what you want
>>
>>35265987
Constantly remind her when you go to the gym. Over time your girlfriend will reflect your gym habits (if she actually loves you/respects you).
>>
Bringing your girlfriend to the gym the literally the kuckiest thing you can do.
>>
>>35266033
fuck yeah i misread. don't take her to the gym or teach her anything she should be doing her own independent shit.
>>
>>35266004
How does that shit work? She loves kpop so maybe I could use that to shitlord her?

>>35266020
This might work, I'll just keep going to the gym
>>
>>35266033
What do you mean?

Tbh you're right I don't really want to take her but I don't think she will go if I don't
>>
>>35266061
Taking her to the gym robs you of your own gym time and self improvement, which if you want to have a functioning relationship you should never neglect
>>
>>35266046

encourage her destructive behaviour. then it seems like it was her idea to start going to the gym and eating better. Everybody loves to think they are the ones making the big decision.
>>
>>35266077
True. Maybe I'll just tell her directly I want her to lose weight and just continue doing what I do.
>>
I just talked about what I did at the gym that day, she saw me with a pump and asked if it is a crowded gym, I told her that it is practically empty and now she comes with me. first 2 weeks she needed my help on what to do and form, now she is doing 60kg+ deadlifts after 1 month, squatting 40kg, leg pressing 200kg.
>>
>>35265987
I lack of discipline on her part demonstrates a lack of respect toward you. If she thinks that there is a chance you'll leave she will put forth effort to keep you attracted which in this case would be demonstrated by her getting in shape.
>>
>>35266125

get her on glute raises and lunges m8
>>
It took my wife a few months of convincing to start going with me. Once i showed her that working out doesn't have to be 2.5lbs pink dumbells to failure or like that bootcamp stuff some chubby certified trainer had her doing back at community college she actually fell in love with it.

>tfw finally have qt gf to work out with and mix my protein shakes
>must reproduce and spread our wonderful genetic material
>babi almost kills her by not sticking the landing and she might have fucked up hips for life.

oh and my actually gymbro moved away. life is sufferng.
>>
>>35266145
She loves me, she cleans my place and will do anything I ask. I've only recently started planting the seeds that I think she's too fat. I'm pretty sure if I just told her she would want to, I guess I'm just doubting myself right now.
>>
>>35266119
Don't say it that way. Say like i am trying to be healthy and i want you to get healthy too or some other sappy shit like that. If u tell her she should lose weight then she wont do anything and instead just deny u sex or smth
>>
>>35266125
Wtfff what magic did she use? How did she after just a month?
>>
>>35265987
>Do you guys have strategies to get your gf
no
>>
>>35266195
she has a manual labour job, so she already had a little strength, she also does the same workout as me and my gymbro (mon to fri for 2-3hrs and then boxing) and she likes to try the weight we are moving.

also her being 5'9 145lbs should help

>>35266160
yeah, constantly introducing her to new exercises, she is loving leg day so I will include them next time.
>>
>>35265987
>>35266046
Shitlord is a verb now? Can I get a definition on that?
>>
>>35266234
Can u tell me ure workout?
I am really struggling to up my maxs. Im 5'7" 135lbs
>>
>>35265987
Yes. Dump her.

No but seriously just start jacking off when shes home and declining sex. It will suck for a while but eventually she'll get the hint or she'll ask you whats wrong and just like hold out for a while and then eventually say shes getting fat.
>>
>>35266238
Your face.
>>
>>35266238
Shitlording means to be intolerant/mean/mocking towards fat and ugly people. Esp. fat people.
>>
File: Goddess.jpg (66 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
Goddess.jpg
66 KB, 500x312
>>35266046
>o boy those korean girls have such nice legs
>wow i wonder how they train to keep those tight bodies
>any idea what they're diet looks like to be able to keep such thin legs? I bet they eat really well
>>
>>35266263
>back:
deadlift: 10 reps 5 sets and then one last set with our max for 1-3 reps.

lat pull down: 20 reps 5 sets

seated cable rows: 10 reps till cant go heavier

chest press, sit the wrong way around and push back: 10 reps 5 sets

Bent-Over One Arm Dumbbell Rows: 5 reps 5 sets

boxing till tired.

(will be including full bent over rows next time)

>legs:
warm up on bike or tredmill for 10 mins

seated leg curls: 10 reps 10 sets
laying leg curls: 10 reps 10 sets

squats: 10 reps from bar to whatever we can reach (2pl8 for me, 10kg plates for her)

leg press: 10 reps sets 6 sets (she now starts at around 6 plate, I start at around 14-16plate)

will be including lunges and glute raises soon like >>35266160 said

boxing till tired.

>chest:
bench 10 reps from bar to max (her max is 40kg incl bar, mine is 80)

decline bench: same as above
incline bench: same as above but not going as heavy

chest press machine: 10 reps 10 sets working down

dumbbell bench press: 10 reps starting at 75lb dbells for me and 35lb for her, working down to around 50lb for me and 10lb for her, then do dumbbell incline bench the same.

boxing till tired.

>shoulders:
OHP: 10 reps 5 sets starting with bar (her max is 30kg so we just keep practising to go heavier)

shoulder press: 10 reps 6 sets, shrugs in-between.

dumbbell shoulder press: 10 reps 10 sets starting heavy working down (55lb for me, 20lb for her)

boxing till tired.

>arms are mixed in after each alternate day, consists of curls, some stuff on the gym cable machine ect.. just whatever.

>on the days in-between we do core, consists of crunch machine, weighted sit-ups and roman chair situps (both with 20kg plates)

mon-fri, no fixed day for each part of body, usually do chest or back twice.

cardio for a little warm-up or for a cool down between sets, usually the bikes.

boxing for warm down after each session.
>>
I take mine to the gym but she will not fucking listen to me once shes there

>Hops on bike with ipad
>literally rides on level 1 speed for an hour when I come and get her to leave
>On the machine Calories Burned:190
Holy fucking shit way to waste a fucking hour
I burn more calories by jacking off with my death grip every morning
>>
>>35266497
What do you do when boxing?
>>
>>35266334
>tfw that's exactly how my gf looks
>>
>>35266542
Hahaha I wonder if she visibly notices your confusion/disappointment when she looks at you looking at the machine numbers
>>
>>35265987
Dread game retard.

Make her fear losing you for a better girl.
>>
>>35266497
Thank you!!
>>
>>35266601
punch bags, kick bags, go in the ring and use a rugby tackle pad for her to learn to tackle.
get her to punch my stomach and chest so I learn to tense when getting hit better.

finish with 5-10 mins of stretching.

>>35266644
no problem, checked.

a lot of it is pissing around, just remember the gloves or wraps if you do it.
>>
>>35265987
> Bring my GF to the gym?

Why? Then she would meet all the girls I fool around with.
>>
>>35266621
Post pic
>>
>>35266621
your gf doe not look like Alice faggot
>>
If you have any real bond with a girl, all you have to do is notice, point out, and admire fit girls. Do not do it in a sexual way, make it seam like you value fit girls for more than sex. I did this with my girl, I've been trying to get her to hike with me, even showed her YouTube channels of beautiful hikes. None of this worked until I sat down next to her and watched, without asking her to join me, started watching a female hiker. This got her interest, and she was quickly watching the channel, and now she's all about hiking.
>>
Dude why would you want that. Have you ever taken a woman to the gym? It's awful. Have her go on her own time. That weight room is your temple, your time away from her.
>>
>>35265987

Okay so as a female, girlfriend, fellow gym fanatic. I'm finding this super offensive, you don't deserve a girl who does everything for you if you can't even stand the fact she's gaining a little weight. It's nearly the holidays you fuck. she should leave your ass and find a guy with a real dick not someone who feels the need to compensate by being a big lad in the gym.
>>
File: WjYETU3.png (466 KB, 618x800) Image search: [Google]
WjYETU3.png
466 KB, 618x800
>>35266932
h-how big? is 5.9x5 enough?
>>
>>35265987
break up if its so important to you
stay together if the concept of a fatty is ok with you in 10 years
personally, id let her be someone elses fatty, not mine, but im a bitter cunt meng, dont listen to me
>>
>>35266932
B8
>>
>>35266932
what's wrong with wanting the best for both you and your partner, if she is sat eating candy, putting on weight and not working out, then it is with both of their best interests to get it sorted out.

I can tell you have not been here long, using a name, saying something is "super offensive", saying "she should leave your ass and find a guy with a real dick" is some tumblr next level shit.
>>
>>35266932
Gr8 b8 m8. It sounds great if coming from an actual female who DOESNT frequent this board.
>justifying non tactical weight gain because of the seasons
>>
>>35266932

This sounds really close to what most females would say. 9/10
>>
File: 1448246017365.jpg (109 KB, 250x573) Image search: [Google]
1448246017365.jpg
109 KB, 250x573
>>35266932
UHHHMMM U tell em gurl
>>
>>35266932
Lol go fuck your daddy
>>
Good fuck, you're girlfriend isn't a dog you can condition any way you please. simply ask her to come with you once and show her a good time. You're likely far from perfect, and harassing her about her weight will only make for a hostile environment in and out of the gym. If she doesn't like exercising, then fucking deal with it. There are greater things in heaven and in earth than fit partner. Grow up, seriously.
>>
>>35266020
This dude, I always made time for the gym and always told her when I went, couple months later and she's going with me 3-5 times a week. Squats deads bench rows cleans all the fun stuff
>>
>>35267130
or you can stop presuming you know my situation better than I.
>>
>>35266932
I know you're a troll, but since this is a very common opinion to hold...

>a girl who does everything for you
If she's getting fat then she's not "doing everything for you".

Gaining a few pounds is okay if a person has a very healthy lifestyle because then it's obvious these pounds will go away soon. Otherwise, gaining a few pounds is only the beginning.

But yeah, if she refuses to do something about it, ending the relationship is the best course of action... for both parties. He'll get someone who's not a landwhale and she'll get cats.
>>
File: 1448925766274.jpg (26 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1448925766274.jpg
26 KB, 719x719
My Girl was with some cuck and I asked her to gym with me.
a week later she was with me and we have been dating 3 months now and she hates when she has a day off gym.
I got her to lmao1pl8 squat.
>>
I can't fix my gf's squat. And I want her to make her ass bigger. Shes 5'6 150.

DL: 270 5x3
OHP: 85 5x3
Chin-ups: BW 14

Her squat is only 135 for 5 and it's been there for like 6 months. And just parallel. It's like her body doesn't fucking get it. I've tried teaching her low bar, high bar, every possible solution. Watched every video. She just sucks I guess.

What should I have her do instead for dat ass?
>>
>>35267315
try cheat squats on machines or practice on the smith machine for a while until she gets used to it all.
>>
>>35267388
Thanks anon.
>>
>>35267315

barbell hip thrusts and donkey kicks
>>
>>35266890
This. You get hurried to finish earlier, you can't get into the zone. I'm all for having your partner workout but unless they're a 10/10 gym bro it's not worth it
>>
>>35267271
If she's willing to cheat with you she's willing to cheat on you
>>
>>35267435
Thanks anon
>>
File: 511060.jpg (326 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
511060.jpg
326 KB, 1680x1050
>>35266167
Have you provided her with a clear fitness plan to progress on or have you just told her she needs to get in shape. Beginners mentally need structure as it helps them see their goals as being attainable. Make her a complete plan using the sticky then provide additional motivation if it is necessary.
>>
>>35267315
>OHP 85
>14 bw chins
Your chick is strong af upperbody-wise
>>
>>35265987
if your gf doesnt want to lift then youve wasted time
>>
She has to want it for herself, otherwise even if you get her to go she will eventually quit.
>>
>>35267315
Maybe try Lunges.
I have the same problem, stucks at 135, cant seem to up this weight.
>>
>>35267055
Just No.
>>
>>35267315
Bulgarian split squats and hip thrusts/RDLs.

My squat sucks balls too. I'm stuck at 170lbs, bad knees and I've got cartilidge floating around in them so it's super disproportionate to my other lifts. Split squats really target the glutes more than barbell squats imo.
>>
>>35265987
Not a girlfriend, but my two year old niece saw me doing squats and started doing them too. Kinda cute, really.
>>
>>35266291

This is so mean, don't do this
>>
>>35265987
>she eats candy
DTB = Ditch The Bitch
>>
Every time you come home tell her about this amazing girl you saw breaking some amazing PR. Don't make it sexual buy really drive home the fact that you admire this woman and her athletic body. Soon enough girlfriend will get jealous and either insist she come workout with you or that you stop going so much. If the latter, dump her. She will never change and just get fat.
>>
>>35267904
I'm starting her on weighted chins next week. Her chins started going up after I put a door frame chin-up bar in the house. She has to pay the toll each time she goes into the room.

Just started OHPing a month ago. Hope to have her lmao1plate by December 2016.

>>35268019
Thanks Pham. Your (her?) problem may be diet? You eating at a surplus?

>>35268058
Thanks pham. I'll get on this too.
>>
>>35268088
Uh, okay dude.
>>
I would just describe it as a fetish and point to how it's mutually beneficial. Better sex, better health, better diet, and shows a real attention to improvement of one's self that is so sexy and admirable.
>>
>>35265987
The first thing is having the ability and the self motivation to get off your ass and go to the gym. Without that, there is no workout.

I have terrible achilles tendonitis. So bad that a 5-10 minute walk to my gym has occasionally turned into one of the most agonizing journey's of my life aside from climbing 9000 steps to take a diarrhea blast all over a great wall shitter, but i digress. I still do that walk everyday, there are times I seriously consider skipping the gym because I'm just in agony. Instead I take it and start hopping to the gym because I'll hate myself more if I let some pussy achilles tendonitis keep me from breaking my personal records.
>>
>>35265987
My gf is getting kind of overweight (she went from like 100lbs to 130lbs over the course of a year) but I already tried going to the gym with her

The gym is my sacred place where nothing else in my life matters and I can just de-stress myself from my problems.

I realized very quickly I HATE having what is essentially a small child asking me what to do every 10 minutes and trying to hug or kiss me while I'm trying to do my shit and we're in public. The gym is alone time.

I just wish she would eat less or go exercise on her own. She used to run a lot and stuff but now theres no gym close to her and the nearest one is far away but it's mine.
>>
>>35265987
get a gf that shares your values.

if you don't the relationship won't work out in the long term anyway.

and if your gf changes in order to please you (or the other way around) it's not self-actualization but slavery.
>>
>>35269198
I was before, but a small surplus, but about 2 weeks ago i went on a diet, so no deficit
>>
>>35272151
Now*
>>
>>35266304
I thought it meant being a white man with a healthy mind, body and judgement?
>>
https://youtu.be/VAWWqu3c4FY
This will give you all the info you need
>>
>>35266033
wtf why?
>>
File: 1405585811347.jpg (122 KB, 1152x768) Image search: [Google]
1405585811347.jpg
122 KB, 1152x768
OP confirmed for low test beta male
>>
>>35265987
Don't throw stones in glass houses. Are you strong, shredded, etc? Have you been lifting for more than a year? Are you visibly very different from when you started lifting? If not, you don't have a leg to stand on.
>>
>>35266542
FUCKING LMAO

god women are dumb
>>
>>35266542
>jerking off everyday when you have a gf
Just break up with her anon
>>
I won't ever bring a girl I'm dating with me to the gym. Did once, she kept buzzing in and fucking with my focus and getting in the way and wanted to leave after fucking no time at all.
And that was on the days she showed up. More oft than not, I'd do my warmup sets, ask here where she was at, and usually get some bullshit excuse or her being late by half an hour or some stupid shit like that.
She'd be in on everything else, but she didn't care to go to the gym. I got fairly upset about it back then, but eventually figured out that when she just made my workouts miserable by being there, I might as well do my own thing and not invite her.
>lmao anon just date a swole girl
Would that I fucking COULD.
>>
>>35273451
After she will get fit and meet new guys she will think that you are out of her leauge and dump you.
>>
>>35265987
>>
>>35266932
>I'm finding this super offensive

How to start a post and make sure nobody cares 101
>>
>>35266497
>chest press, sit the wrong way around and push back: 10 reps 5 sets

Can you explain this further? How would that work? Wouldn't you end up with practically zero ROM?
>>
>>35266932

Reason to be gay #1676
>>
>>35276006
not sure what it was called, found a video of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnn9kg33K2g
>>
>>35265987
I started hitting her at about 5% my strength. I told her if she lifted, she could defend herself.

She is now up to 25% of my strength. I tell her that I am preparing her for a time that she gets accosted and I am not around. It's a labor of love.
>>
>>35266932
As a woman, can you tell me how effective my program is? >>35276187
>>
>>35266932
I'm a liberal but I'm not stupid enough to say it on /fit/
>>
>>35276187
You should randomly assault her with varying levels of strength to see how she does.
>>
I am 100 percent annoyed when I go to the gym with someone else. I put my headphones in and workout a full fucking hour. No breaks other than alloted rest periods, no phone other than to change a song quickly, no bullshit. My autism triggers when I see gym Bros bullshitting for 5 minutes between sets, can't imagine how much of a gains goblin your girl would be especially since she's already in shit shape. Time to find a new GF OP. Preferebly one that doesn't eat like a whale.
>>
>>35266932

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>35266004
This. It's only when I act like I don't want it that my girlfriend sucks my dick. Girls are stupid.
>>
>>35265987
I'm guessing you're a lesbian since you don't just tell your gf to go to the gym.
>>
File: 1429250017094.png (2 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
1429250017094.png
2 KB, 295x295
>>35267527
>not being the cheater and leaving your ex for better
>>
File: glute sloot.webm (1 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
glute sloot.webm
1 MB, 640x640
>>35278347
>I seriously hope you guys don't scan this
What kind of black magic?
>>35265987
I get my bf to go to the gym with me by subtlety bringing up my workouts and progress. Like i'll stretch and exclaim i'm sore and i must have had a good work out, or i'll pick him up and say it's getting easier. I also give him a lot of compliments and he sees those almost as attacks cause he doesn't feel like he deserves them.
>tldr, go to the gym and let your SO bask in your sweat and hot bod, if they're not mentally lacking they should realise you're climbing a ladder and leaving them behind.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.