[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you need base strength first before you can focus on volume
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Mark Rippetoe (1).jpg (13 KB, 225x249) Image search: [Google]
Mark Rippetoe (1).jpg
13 KB, 225x249
>you need base strength first before you can focus on volume and aesthetics
Can you imagine how many lives and physiques fit has ruined with this amazing trolling method?
>>
>>35249980
imagine how horrible your body looks OP because of the amount of time you spend shit posting instead of being at the gym
>>
>>35249993
dunked
>>
>>35249980
takes 2-6 months to get a strength base.

volume is setsxrepsxweight
if you can throw more weight up there, you can accomplish more volume.
this helps the muscles explode at a crazy fast rate.

doesn't take much longer than 18-24 months of hypertrophy work to near your maximum muscular potential anyways, if your training is optimum.

if you think 2-6 months is going to make or break your physique, you are retarded.

in the long-term, it is objectively the better decision.
>>
>>35249980
you can't ruin a physique by exercise, unless you want fuckboy legs

desu baka senpai
>>
>>35252478
>18-24 months of hypertrophy work to near your maximum muscular potential

Broscience: The Post
>>
>SS is good because it gives you a "strength base"
>you absolutely need a "strength base"
two complementary troll memes crazy efficient at slowing down noobs on their path to good physiques
>>
someone please give me 1 reason why you need a strength base
>>
>>35252800
Kinda hard to do your bro-split if you have a hard time moving the bar.
>>
>>35252807

its not like you need a "strength base" to move the bar. the average person can already do that. also people say you should do SS etc for like 3-6 months. what does having a "strength base" of that extent do for you?

most bro splits rely heavily on machines/dumbbells anyway that don't have a min weight issue
>>
File: 1429144964662.png (303 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1429144964662.png
303 KB, 1280x720
>>35249980
I fell for this meme

Wanted a decent strength base before I went into a bro-split. Must say, glad I did. I can still rip heavy skwats and dead lifts, but now in the higher rep range. It's got me looking joocy as fuarrrrk.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.