[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PF isn't actually that bad as the memes make it out to be, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: logo.png (19 KB, 177x191) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
19 KB, 177x191
PF isn't actually that bad as the memes make it out to be, right?
>>
>>35240441
Try it and tell us
>>
Bruh its even worse
>>
>>35240478
I'm paying $30/month to month at a local gym across town.

Got a tour at PF today. Black guy worker seemed legit and didn't even mention lunk alarm or no DL.

He claimed not to know yet what New Year's special was gonna be, but it's always crazy cheap. Think I'll switch then.
>>
I pay $10/mo for my PF membership. It has everything I need and no bells and whistles. Staff is really nice and helpful and the patrons seem to stick to what they know instead of acting like retards, asking for help if they wanna do something new.

The $10/mo gets me access to everything in their facilities except the massage and tanning, which I would never use anyway. The one thing I wish they had would be a lap pool, but it's also entirely unnecessary to my typical workout routine.

I've had a consistently good experience, but I suppose that it would depend on your area.
>>
>>35240538
How long have you been a member? Ever seen lunk alarm go off/anyone get kicked out?
>>
>>35240548
I've been actively using my membership for a little over a month, I'd say, maybe longer (I've been bad and haven't been keeping track of my progress, which I'm changing this week).

I've never seen the lunk alarm go off, or anyone get kicked out. My location is pretty stable in terms of people not doing dumb shit.
>>
>>35240441
10 bucks a month and 5 minutes away from my house, god damn right I'm going to find a way to get a good workout in.
>>
>>35240441
If I had a PF near me, I would definitely make it work. I pay 48 a month for a gym thats as small as a nail salon. Shit is ridiculous. But, I have free weights and squat racks, while PF is Smith Machines and DB's.
>>
I used to go to one. I don't think the lunk alarm actually goes off... You will be surrounded by fatties though, that's a very true stereotype. They make money off of the fact that people will buy a membership and not use it... I would sign up in January because they will have deals to reel in the resolutioners
>>
>>35240548
I've going since 2012 and never seen it used.
>>
>>35241765
My PF has barbells and plates and dumbells up to 80 lbs
>>
I use my home gym for the compounds and I go to pf for accessories/cardio
>>
>Link Alarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXP6WaVTJpM
>>
>>35242244
fuck. I tried to spell...
>>
File: 1449073490538.jpg (2 MB, 2280x1440) Image search: [Google]
1449073490538.jpg
2 MB, 2280x1440
I've seen people go there for months and do power lifting but lose weight over time. Like they were afraid to make gains or they are trying to stay thin and kuk'd for their feminist campus or some shit.
>>
>>35242244
>People actually think this is a good idea.

It's more annoying than the guy's grunt.
>>
>>35242179
that sounds fucking awful
>>
>>35240548
i went for a bit, have gone a handful of times since with friends.

have had lunkalarm set off on me a couple times,

their business model is to discourage people who actually workout, they want ppl to join and stop going and continue paying, since you have to go in to cancel your membership most will continue paying the $10 a month rather than going in and admitting theyre a lazy fat fuck and want to quit
>>
Business model of Planet Fitness:
Make the dues low enough so that when all those New Years out of shape slobs come in, sign up and quit in a month, they don't bother to cancel because its so cheap. Keep the other slobs there by feeding them free pizza. Don't allow real lifters in there to teach all the slobs the truth.
>>
>>35242153
the ones around me used to have barbells.
they got rid of them

which wouldnt be entirely detrimental but, as you pointed out, dumbells only go up to 80
>>
>>35242311
>>35242315
this. they don't care about the small amount of people that actually life heavy and stick to routines. They want the casual market
>>
File: 1396214598622.png (22 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1396214598622.png
22 KB, 645x773
>tfw I like PF because it has machines set up in a pre-set circuit and I do the 30 minute express circuit training twice a week.

It feels good getting that off my chest.
>>
>>35242352
they dont even want the casual market.
read an interview with the president of pf and it is their business model to attract people who do not go but pay.

i mean fuck, they give out pizza and bagels. the most nutritionally devoid, caloric foods possible.. oh and tootsie rolls and occasinally cupcakes
>>
I have nothing to complain about, really. My PF location is really clean and close to where I live. I've never seen the lunk alarm go off.

The one thing that irks me though, are some of the clients:
>doing pull ups
>grunt a little bit, I mean it's pretty hard for lanky body
>work up a sweat
>employee stops me
>"Sir, I'll have to ask you to refrain from being too intense. You are intimidating some of our clientele."
>"Wha-aaat?"
>*he points at two skinnyfat hobbling on the treadmills*

How much of a pussy do you have to be to be scared of a 6' lanklet like myself? Damn.
>>
File: 54646546.jpg (42 KB, 296x297) Image search: [Google]
54646546.jpg
42 KB, 296x297
this thread again.

thank god i finished my home gym before january
>>
>>35242367
The black guy showed me that, complete with 'red light' 'green light' system thing set up in 1 min intervals. Looked pretty neat.
>>
>>35242389
Honestly I like it because it takes the guesswork out of a routine for me and I only have a short amount of time to get everything done. I've seen some results at least. I just don't like to talk about it on /fit/ because the people here are mean to me.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.