[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tfw college finals and I have to pull all nighters and drink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: 1444954398590.png (427 KB, 533x616) Image search: [Google]
1444954398590.png
427 KB, 533x616
>Tfw college finals and I have to pull all nighters and drink unhealthy amounts of starbucks and dunkin' donuts coffee to study
>Can literally feel my muscles withering away and my face prematurely aging

How do you guys handle your body when stress comes into your life?
>>
Sleep and routine, like lifting.
That would be ideal.
>>
go lift anyway. a couple of hours away from the books won't kill you. nobody reads for 16+ hours straight anyway, and you'll benefit mentally from the exercise. what I noticed in uni was that the people who never "had time" for anything were usually just shitty students who managed their time terribly.
>>
>Breathing properly and mediate for stress

Also, I always love how American's study. So cute. What's wrong with doing 4 hours of studying a day from 2 weeks before the exam? Did you not listen during lectures?
>>
If you have to put all nighters to study then you've already failed.

A couple of weeks before exams you should be doing 2-5 hours of revision a day in preparation, then you've had plenty of time to go over all the material.
>>
>>35239705
Britfag here, most people I knew at uni did it the same way. After doing it once I realised how retarded it is and studied for weeks or more before exams. Not very difficult that way, had time for lifting, drinking, etc. right up until exams, and got one of the highest grades in my course.
>>
File: 1446869690925.jpg (31 KB, 548x536) Image search: [Google]
1446869690925.jpg
31 KB, 548x536
>have finals
>still lift but eat like shit
>link this mini bulk with christmas
>three weeks of dirty bulk
>ayyyy
>>
I can't bring my self to study because it's so boring desu
>>
>>35239609
I'm in the same boat except I don't drink coffee and to stay awake to study I rip pushups
>>
Fucking studying sucks and I can never learn no matter how much I study. I hate the reason I signed up for now.
>>
>>35239680
This. Time management above all will make or break you in college.
>>
I tried time management but I could never make it work. The loci method saved me.
>>
i mean you do realise cramming is pointless if you're not sleeping maximum hours, right?

you're literally wasting your time.

hint: all the memory consolidation of the shit you're trying to cram into your brain occurs during sleep.
>>
>>35239907
I think I know who you are. You can go suck it you old fag.
>>
>>35239705
>>35239736
Do your classes like, cover all the material and end a month before the actual exam? What the fuck?
>>
>>35240002

literally no fucking clue what you're on about

i'm 23 if that's old.

but seriously.

if you're cramming for exams you are wasting your time if you're not sleeping the maximum hours possible.

you want the maximum amount of retention possible, and you will not get anywhere near that if you're not sleeping at least 7- 8 hours a day.

trust me, when I was in uni I was able to memorize verbatim 12 -15 pages of 10 new times roman condensed notes a day so I gotta kinda good at cramming and can attest to the differences.
>>
>>35239705
>>35239736
>>35239866
>>35239907
>>35240065
You people are morons. Studying a moderate amount of time a day is like doing 3 x 10. Doing all nighters as you close in to the exam is like doing 3 x 10, drop set to failure on final set.
>>
>not taking adderall
>drinking sugar in a cup
enjoy not passing faggot
>>
Finals are gains goblins desu
>>
>>35240169

doing all nighters is the equivalent of doing 5 hours of cardio fasted followed by 6 hours of full body workout then going to sleep on an empty stomach.

you're doing nothing but burning yourself out, reversing progress, and making no gains whatsoever.
>>
>>35240240
Maybe you're just weak.
>>
>>35239609

>Falling for the finals cram/stress meme

I went to Uni when I was 18. I bought into the meme. I also became incredibly depressed and dropped out weeks before the end of my final quarter. Spent awhile as a junior college fag developing good habits, and now finals week is literally the least stressful week of the quarter. Do this if you care about success:

>Read chapter before class
>Attend and pay full attention in class
>Review material (or practice, if its math based) afterwards. If it is a class that is mostly just info memorization, make an outline of professor powerpoints (if posted) and/or the book

When finals comes, I just read over all the practice problems or outlining I did throughout the term. I get bored as fuck because I already know all of it. I usually end up doing cool shit during finals week (skydiving and camping this year) because my class time goes from 15 hours a week to more like 5.

>Act like you want to make it, and you will

For the gym, for your schooling, for your career. Have integrity and hold yourself to a higher standard. Faggot.
>>
>>35239609
OP, you'll probably find you can think clearer if you get away from it for even an hour and go lift.
>>
>>35240262

no you just don't know what you're doing, and that's ok because you're probably in the first year of your BA so the GPA isn't weighted heavily and the subjects aren't particularly difficult.

but if you get to the stage you want good grades you should probably do some research into how to do so.

thanks for your time.
>>
>>35240264

I wish I had motivation and discipline to do this at the start.

Now, I'm about to graduate in the summer with mediocre grades.
>>
>>35240240
Uh, not really. Lets say you have a race tomorrow, obviously doing any physical warming the night before and getting no sleep is terrible.

When you're studying, it's not like you automatically get tired everytime you learn something like definitions and concepts.
>>
File: 50d.png (49 KB, 164x183) Image search: [Google]
50d.png
49 KB, 164x183
>tfw I have 5 finals in the span of 3 days.
>>
>>35240280
I graduated top of my class.
>>
GOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>35240300

???

all the value from studying occurs during sleep.

if your sleep is broken/short you'll lose the majority of material you tried to cram for the day.

i cant be fucked to google a picture so you'll need to imagine ok

picture a guy with his glasses pushed down to the bridge of his nose, pinching the centre of his eyes in exasperation.

it's exactly like training if you don't recover there's no benefit.
>>
>do like one or two 3-5 hour study sessions a day before the test
>have always gotten good grades
Do you guys not learn things throughout the course of the the semester?
>>
>>35239609

There is no point in worrying about finals and pulling all nighters, you should have does your best before finals so if you fuck up on the final it wouldn't affect you much.
>>
>>35240264

thanks brah, will try to do this from now on although i'm lazy as fuck
>>
>>35239609
>starbucks and dunkin' donuts coffee to study
Ain't nothing wrong with the daily coffee, but instead of take-out coffee, try a coffee machine. Cheaper, easy to use, cheaper,
Get some more sleep. You don't actually need to study more. Study less. Study smarter, not harder.
>>
>>35239705
>>35240003
My profs like to cover a months worth of material the last couple lectures because they want to make sure you know how many goddamn ways you can look at the same graph when doing spec.
Studying even 2 weeks before the exam would barely even help.
>>
>>35240264
>only 15 hours
>having profs that use a book
I am laffin.
More seriously I have had many profs just walk in and rant with no textbooks whatsoever.
>>
File: 1436243077267.jpg (14 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1436243077267.jpg
14 KB, 240x232
>>35239609
>I have to drink Starbucks
>have to drink
>Starbucks

Well lad, apparently you are a medical miracle. There's no way a braindead person is able to study for the finals.
>>
>>35240003
This. Do your universities do nothing all semester then hit you with all content in the week before the exam?

Go to every lecture, pay attention and annotate your notes. Then 2 weeks out sit down and read over them and it'll all come back to you.

The majority of people who cram at Uni I noticed were those who didn't go to lectures, sat around playing games and being useless then spent 2 weeks on a caffeine and McDonald's binge with no sleep to make up for what they fucked up. In the end they barely pass and their bodies are now pissing out rocks. It's not worth it.
>>
>>35239609
>need to pull all nighters
If you properly listen in class and take notes you wouldn't need to do this to yourself.
>tfw grad school
>tfw conformal field theory course with class average 67%
>tfw there's no point in pulling all nighters for exams
>>
>>35240342
>here's no benefit.
till after you need it, heh
>>
>>35240635
>If you properly listen in class and take notes you wouldn't need to do this to yourself.
Hah, I made it to class half the time and I still aced tests. Of course, that's not to mention I go to community college, but still.`
>>
>Still have time to lift during finals, but lack of sleep, stress, and finals completely screwing my meal schedule are fucking up my recovery
>Stalling on all lifts, lost 10 lbs on my OHP

Fuuuuuuck
>>
>>35239609
I plan a head so I dont put myself into many situations where stress is a factor.
>>
>>35240658
>I didn't pay attention in my stupid class and aced the test

What did you hope to prove by posting this?
>>
File: 1397622358228.jpg (87 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1397622358228.jpg
87 KB, 645x773
>Get really toasted last night and puke up a lung at a friend's place.
>Come home still queasy and hungover.
>Can't keep anything down, roommate suggests friend food, desperate enough to take him up on it.
>Cure hangover with Burger King.

I've been much better about my diet in terms of planning my meals/cutting out soda and fast food, but I just felt so bad doing it.
>>
>>35239609
why don't you just make a pot of coffee instead of wasting your money on expensive restaurant coffee.

Also employ pushups to help keep dem gains.

Also don't cram, just study throughout the semester.

Eat plenty of protons, sardines are a good choice.
>>
>>35239609
>Not drinking your coffee black
You deserve to lose your gains.
>>
>>35240306
In the navy seals? Did you also perform numerous secret raids on al-Qaeda?
>>
>>35240787
Fatty foods, carbs, sleep and water have been shown to help cure hangovers faster. Maybe next time just have a water with your fast food.

The real gains goblin is alcohol familia
>>
>>35241230

>tfw I often get piss drunk but somehow never had a bad hangover and I always remember the night before

I have litterally vomited up a liter of wine while also stumbling and knocking things over. So I was drunk enough, but I still remember all the stupid shit I did.

Alcohol is part of the reason I secretly suspect my entire class hates me
>>
>>35239680
Pretty much this OP, hell I'm a Chem Eng major and I barely study 6 hours a week and I'm still making As and Bs. The only people I've met who "study" all night actually just study for 30-40 minutes between doing jack shit for 3-4 hours at a time.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 705x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 705x500
>>35241174
YyyyeeeeaaaSsss
>>
>>35240264
This is the best way to do it
>ride with me
>>
>>35240426
>taking classes where finals aren't at least 40% of your grade
>going to a good school

pick one
>>
>>35240264
>I went to Uni when I was 18. I bought into the meme. I also became incredibly depressed and dropped out weeks before the end of my final quarter. Spent awhile as a junior college fag developing good habits, and now finals week is literally the least stressful week of the quarter.

Literally exactly what I did. I've been back at big boy college for 2 terms and I'm killin it. I'm glad to see there is someone who went through this the same way I did.
>>
>>35241502
this is so fucking true
>>
>not being done with finals and graduating

You're never gonna make it
>>
>my 3rd semester, resolved not to procrastinate again
>actually studied for everything at a reasonable and good pace and did extra work to ensure I was covering the material
>enjoyed it more, learned more, and have ZERO stress
>time to work out and pursue hobbies/EC's because I'm not "studying" by spending four hours shitposting on 4chan intersparced with forty minutes of unfocused skimming of an online textbook
>everyone who called me an idiot throughout the semester is freaking out and crying
>complete confidence in my ability to do well, no worries, no cramming

holy shit it's like the feeling I got when I started lifting
>>
>>35245366
>>time to work out and pursue hobbies/EC's because I'm not "studying" by spending four hours shitposting on 4chan intersparced with forty minutes of unfocused skimming of an online textbook

fuark this

literally 99% of undergrads who complain about having no time are fucking idiots

most college majors are really, really easy and the others are tough but fine with proper effort

if you aren't doing engineering, (and assuming you aren't working more than 20 hours a week during, and nobody does these days) you have NOTHING to complain about.

Classes is at most 20 hours a week for the average student. Assuming eight hours of sleep (which nobody ever fucking gets) you literally have 92 hours a week to study and get all your shit done. How the fuck can you mess that up?

I know so many who literally were crying about studying this week but were going to parties and coming back and studying for like 30 minutes and crying about how tough it was
>>
File: smug18.jpg (25 KB, 162x233) Image search: [Google]
smug18.jpg
25 KB, 162x233
>>35245383
>engineering is hard
Stale meme.
>>
>>35245662
I'm not an engineering student but my roommate was and he worked pretty fucking hard
>>
>>35245767
Students working hard doesn't mean the coursework is hard. Engineering programs aren't difficult because of the coursework, but because of the co-op and apprenticeships.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.