[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /fit/, What are some top tier creative hobbies? I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: SnakeSubArt.jpg (215 KB, 899x1599) Image search: [Google]
SnakeSubArt.jpg
215 KB, 899x1599
Hi /fit/,

What are some top tier creative hobbies?

I need a creative outlet. Tried teaching myself to draw but it was very frustrating.
>>
Cooking?
>>
>this thing is hard, better not put actual effort into it

Not gonna make it
>>
I really enjoyed writing erotic fiction
>>
>>35236379
Drawing, painting, writing, literally anything artistic

Thing is, these are not the easiest hobbies, I mean to say that they aren't just casual distractions like Netflix, so you have to work at them to improve

Honestly you sound like you are a bitch though, so I wouldn't expect you to be able to work at anything
>>
>>35236413
this
good for gains, good for health, good for impressing qt's
>>
>>35236379
Guitar
You'll never be bored in your whole life again. Literally
>>
>teach yourself how to draw

Kek... You can't really teach yourself to draw. You kind of have to be able to draw. Then you can work on it by learning techniques, proportion rules, ect...
>>
>>35236672
Fucking modern life has made it too easy to just get instant pleasure without any effort.
>>
>>35236413
This, it's the most complementary with the /fit/ lifestyle.
>>
>>35236379
juggling
>>
>>35236804
Guitarist here
Can confirm, there's always new shit to do and you can always be better
>>
>>35236943
What ? More and more people are dissatisfied with their lives and suicide is steadily rising. I highly doubt anyone is able to get instant pleasure without any effort.
>>
Crossfit

Try inventing new ways of fucking up your body especially your back
>>
>>35236943
I agree, and it's making people boring

It's rare to find someone who has interesting hobbies, or creative hobbies

>>35236960
Instant pleasure doesn't make people not kill themselves

Satisfaction in one's life comes from setting and achieving goals, real goals. Not from watching Netflix all day
>>
>>35237008
>It's rare to find someone who has interesting hobbies, or creative hobbies
what do you consider interesting/creative?

>Not from watching Netflix all day
but you can be happy watching movies and tv shows
>>
Music you cunt.
Try out some instruments and pick one to study.
>>
>>35237046
Most of the people I've met don't have real hobbies. Passively consuming media and social networks seem to be how they spend their free time.
I'm American though.
>>
>>35236379
Do you live in a big city?
Try urban exploration

Its not as dangerous as it sounds
>>
>>35236928
>You can't really teach yourself to draw. You kind of have to be able to draw.

Stuff like this isn't helpful, it discourages people from trying or continuing with it if they're not immediately good or any decent at all.

Things like drawing, playing music, etc take effort, sometimes a lot effort. You may never play with U2 but that doesn't mean you can't make decent tune, your drawings may not end up in the Lourve but it doesn't mean you can't draw a decent portrait.

DON'T GIVE UP GUYS ;_;
>>
>>35237046
Creative is easy to define

Music, art, diy, writing, drama, etc

Interesting much less so. Recall the last time someone told you about a hobby that you found interesting. What was interesting about it? If I really think about it then I think the common thread is that a person's passion for something is what makes it interesting.

>but you can be happy watching movies and TV shows
You will be a sad and boring person if this is your only hobby
>>
Photography is great creative hobby if you aren't a naturally artistic person to start with. It's not that expensive to start off and easy to get into. Get a decent camera, read up on compositions, rule of thirds and all that, some technical stuff about settings and editing, look at some other photographers work etc. You also can get some good exercise and it's relaxing compared to trying to learn how to draw, that kind of stuff is pretty difficult to take up if you weren't into it as a kid, kind of like learning a new language. You could also try video editing or learning 3D software like Blender.
>>
>>35236804
>>35236957
So I have an (electric) guitar that I got as a gift 3 years ago and never learned how to use. Where do I begin? I was thinking about getting that rocksmith game, would u guys recommend it? Also how long before I can play anything that sounds pleasing?
>>
>>35236379

Playing guitar. TOP TIER PUSSY Magnet
>>
Teach yourself a language. You'll have to find sources on the internet and create plans that help you. And you'll force yourself to create meaning even when you're not sure if it's the proper way to do so.
>>
>>35236946
Like Mining & Engineering?
>>
>>35236379
OP perhaps instead of real drawing try digital drawing (it's pricier at first sure) but you'll be able to undo your fuck ups and eventually get more freedom in what you do.
>>
>>35236379
Fishing. Just get the fuck out there in the wild and fish, can't beat it.
>>
File: vieira1-e1327378464517.jpg (68 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
vieira1-e1327378464517.jpg
68 KB, 600x399
>>35236379
My hobbies and recomendations:

>Grappling (Judo, Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu)
This is great if you love competing, you can also use your /fit/ body

>Surfing
Extremely relaxing and a nice excuse to know people and travel

>Cooking
>Music
For the QT's

>Rock Climbing
Not very artistic but extremely satisfying
>>
>>35237925
you will definitely learn something with rocksmith. i didnt even know how to hold the guitar. oh and it is fun
>>
>>35236379
Learning how to cook is a good hobby, and pretty cheap, considering you're eating anyway. I like archery and fishing, and next spring I plan on trying out some bow-fishing at a nearby lake, see if I can avoid skewering my foot. Good luck anon, hope you find something you like, and people you like doing it with. :)
>>
>>35242135

I tried it archery through meetup.com, but most of the people there seem to be literal neckbeards or kantmiss everdeen wannabes
>>
>>35240710
Do you compete in any of those?
>>
>>35240710
>tfw all these hobbies look cool, but you can't do any of them
>tfw don't want to get hurt grappling (joint issues or getting hit in the face/head)
>tfw can't surf because need glasses to see and can't swim
>tfw can't sing, so don't know the point of getting into music
>tfw no friends so can only do bouldering

is cooking the only good hobby i can pick up? what are some others, plz respond /fit/
>>
>>35236962
>deadlifting
>mfw some crossfags start doing "kipping leg raises" in front of me
>turn 360 degrees and face the other way
>>
>>35240710
I concur, grappling is definitely the most creative /fit/ activity

>mfw when I used catch wrestling moves BJJ guys have no idea what I'm doing and bring the pain.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.