[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the most agile breed of dogs is Border Collie >they don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 926641-border-collie.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1012) Image search: [Google]
926641-border-collie.jpg
243 KB, 1920x1012
>the most agile breed of dogs is Border Collie
>they don't look particularly muscular
>muscular breeds like American Pit Bull Terrier and Staffordshire Terrier are actually shit at dog agility trials

Does becoming muscular beyond a certain point decrease agility?
>>
>>35235095
Agility in this case means that kind of turning on a dime or beep test business. It is more difficult to quickly change the direction of a larger mass. But if you have a decent vert for example you should be able to still be agile, but you'll likely need to work more on technique than a lighter guy.

The problem with the muscley terriers as well is they're manlets
>>
>>35235095
It's like dark souls
The more armor/heavier weapons you have, the slower you get.
>>
>Border Collie
Should I first dog a Collie guys? They are also sweet and smart as fuck apparently.
I was set on a Corgie because I like how goofy looking and silly they are
>>
>>35235773

I got a shiba inu, they're kind of the best of both worlds. She's goofy as fuck like a corgi, pretty small, but also pretty quick and agile.
>>
>>35235095
It depends on the training focus. if you continue to experience hypertrophy, and do not improve your explosive force, or your mobility, then yes, the extra muscle will reduce your mobility and you will have increased mass with the same explosive force, and thus you will be slower and less flexible. If you work on both of these properties too, then there really shouldn't be all that much decrease in performance until you start approaching high-caliber athlete level.
>>
>>35235773
There are both but they're working dogs. if you dont give them plenty of time and space to run around, they go mad and become destructive and potentially aggressive because they're working dogs, not standard house dogs.
>>
>>35235773
I have a corgi and a boerboel
The Boerboels is stronger than me I'm pretty sure it is 195 lbs of muscle
Good thing I lift of I wouldn't be able to put it in the bathtub to watch it
It's a savage I love it but you need a big house/lawn

The Corgi is the cutest thing in the world I got it first. I got it 2 years before so I could not be flooded with responsibility and also because they live longer I didn't want the boerboel dying first. I want them to die at the same time so the corgi isn't sad the last 2 years of its life. Hopefully things go well I had 2 dogs as a kid and they kept each other company and once one died it was never the same
>>
>>35235178
So sprinters should look like marathon runners but magically don't?
>>
>>35236011
I think a better analogy would be a bell curve rather than Dark Souls. At some point, the muscle gain stops being as beneficial, and may even hinder performance in a specific area.
>>
>>35235797
Can second for Sheba inu being bad fucking ass dog
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.