[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which entry-level gym-related equipment would you say are essential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 14TUSFU270.jpg (144 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
14TUSFU270.jpg
144 KB, 1200x1200
Which entry-level gym-related equipment would you say are essential to own?

I'm thinking of buying an ab wheel and a foam roller; and a cheap skipping rope for cardio for rainy days. I thought ab wheel was a marketing gimmick but someone brought one at the gym the other day and let me do a set and I had killer doms the next days. Also always feeling sore and wondering if foam rollers are as legit as fit says. What does fit also think of stuff like gloves, straps, etc?
>>
>>35227178
>Read the sticky

Whatever work outs you'II be doing, get the equipment for it. Done.
>>
>>35227178
Ab wheels and foam roller are legit, srs. I have both, a jump rope, and pullup bar at my house for muh calisthenics.
>>
>>35227178
> ab wheel
Legit

> foam rolling
Legit as long as you roll really really slowly

> gloves
Useless

> straps
They have their use but I'd rather use chalk
>>
Ab wheel is great. I use it as my only core workout. It helped me get past a squat stall and a DL stall. Now I can do standing rollouts completely.
>>
Ab wheel is cool.
Thinking of getting a wrist roller for dem forearm gains.
>>
>>35227178
A gym membership
>>
Truly essential tier:
>foam roller
>chalk
>quasi-"lifting" shoes (chucks etc)
>food scale
>shaker cup

Very nice to have tier:
>Do-wins/Romaleos/Adipowers
>DIY fractional plates
>knee sleeves

Fun/if you want it tier:
>slingshot
>fatgrips
>click counter
>silly leggings
>>
>>35227178

Straps aren't useless, but they tend to be much more useful once you're more experienced and/or have moved into a more specific form of training. The average gym lifter doesn't have a lot of use for them, whereas someone training for oly lifting or strongman or similar can have a lot of reasons for benefitting from them.
>>
>>35228867
Also forgot CoC grippers are fun
>>
File: paint.png (6 KB, 514x516) Image search: [Google]
paint.png
6 KB, 514x516
I was doing pullovers with plates today and I really liked it a lot. Is there something like this I could buy so I can add small plates to the workout without gripping them in addition to the plate I am griping?
>>
Being a professional basement dwelling neckbeard has left me with absolutely no balance and... I forgot the other word.

I have a jump rope but I can't use it. What's that word? Are there any jump rope tutorials out there? There's nothing in the sticky.
>>
>35227178
>cheap skipping rope for rainy days
Don't forget your matching purse and .5 kg plastic dumbbells in shocking pink. Wtf is the point of exercising if you're unwilling to reap the benefits of a stronger immune system. I run 20 minutes every morning before work and 20 minutes every evening after work REGARDLESS of rain, cold weather or snow. Had a cold twice this year and neither lasted longer than a couple of days
>>
>>35228994
coordination?
>>
>>35228932
Dumbbells
>>
>>35229007
wow you're fucking hardcore
bravo
a true man
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.