[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never used to believe in “thin privilege” I just thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12
I never used to believe in “thin privilege” I just thought oh bunch of fatties go run. But after reading this it’s really opened my eyes so much. Although I’m 5’‘4 and 130, and have never struggled to find clothes that fit, or doctors to help a few week ago a girl who used to date my partner called me a “fat bitch”, when someone said “no she’s not fat she’s like 130 pounds” the girl instantly said back “yeah well I’m only 95”, like it made her better than me or more important.
Everyone is important, I can’t believe I never noticed how privileged I am. Reading this has completely changed my mind frame towards the situation. So what if a larger person is riding a scooter? Old me would like “wow lazy” but now I don’t even think about it for all I know they could be sick or have bad knees.
I can’t believe I’ve been so judgemental towards people I do not know in my life and I truly am sorry for that, nobody should be denied help or given bad deals just because of their weight. Everyone is human.
You’re all wonderful people.
>>
>>35223682
>could be sick or have bad knees.
Key word here is could be. They're usually not, or the bad knees are a product of obesity.

Personally I'm not as radical about the fat hate as /fit/ is. I really don't give a shit if you're chubby or overweight to an extent. But if you can't walk - if you can't climb stairs or have a healthy heart - you need help.
>>
File: AbeOik6.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
AbeOik6.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>>35223682
>>
I used to be fat, it's their own fucking fault, don't acknowledge them as struggling...
>>
>>35223707
WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE WHO NEEDS HELP? ITS NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS

>>35223713
fuck off self hating fatphobe
>>
>>35223682
DYEL?
>>
>>35223755
fucking meathead
>>
>>35223682
Don't give a shit about society.
This is about empowerment, and empowerment only works at a personal level.

Being fit gives a better quality of life, and having self-discipline does too.
The question you fatties should ask themselves is, do they want that better quality of life? Do they want to empower themselves?
Maybe they have physical issues, maybe they have too much on their plate already (lol) and really can't find the time and energy to train, but you know what? That's on them.
Let them be, and be better. Than them, and than how you were yesterday.
>>
>>35223682
130kg, right?
>>
>>35223682
>women
>>
>>35224862
>>
File: grief.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
grief.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
>>35223682
>>
>>35223682
I don't understand how your bfs ex calling you fat all the sudden makes you feel for everyone who's overweight. There's just so much logic and rationale missing here. The real.problem sounds like something deeper in you thar you don't want to.acknowledge. perhaps you are just jealous that your bfs ex was hotter? Insecure that your "personality" wont make up for the extra chub? You've never been fat before obviously, but being overweight is 100% disgusting, unhealthy, and gluttonous. I suggest you look deeper at the situation because there obviously something deeper at work here than you want to acknowledge
>>
>>35223734
Not him, but I'm going to respond. You're asking who is he to make those judgements. The answer is that he's a human being and an adult. When you see someone with bad teeth or oily hair, we make the assumption that they're unhygienic and thus undesirable. We make these assumptions because despite this sentiment we have that we're these amazing creatures, we're really just animals with hardwired instincts to assess people and come to conclusions. Moreover, as far as the fat hate thing goes, people come on this board having been so traumatized by it that they want to take back they're lives, and if you think that that's a bad thing then fuck off. We have people on this board that have been shamed into becoming what they dream of being when they used to look at their fat ugly reflection in the mirror and feel disappointment and self-loathing. That spirit is the heart of this board, the spirit of us making it together, and this board has no time for people who aren't going to make it out of the political correctness that they might be that 1 in 100 that actually have a real condishun that isn't stuffing McDonalds down their fat face. We don't have time for that, because we're all going to make it. It isn't selfish - we're animals that want to cling to life, it's unreasonable for us to bring this whole operation down to a halt just so we can take in the fat fuck claiming they have a bad thyroid under our wings. And that's what it is, /fit/ has these big beautiful wings that we take people under, but only those who are willing to do something incredibly difficult, take back their health. They aren't big enough to take in the fat scooter fuck so fuck them, we're only human and we're only doing the best that we can. The fat fuck is a casualty of war.

Damn that was a rant. I should reread it for revision but fuck that noise.
>>
File: 1433599570897.jpg (54 KB, 419x368) Image search: [Google]
1433599570897.jpg
54 KB, 419x368
>>35223713
This. Ex fattie here too, but always knew it was completely my own doing. Used to live with a girl who was also fat but didnt blame herself. Whilst she didnt spout the thin privilege shit, she did used to say it was genetics and that she ate under her calorie needs etc.. which she appeared to, relatively healthy home cooked meals etc.. but then i observed her a bit more.
>went into her room when she wasnt home
>empty crisp packs everywhere
>family bags of sweets
>more cans of full fat coke than i could ever drink
>spoke to her about food casually
>told me her bf (also fattie) said to her that calories dont matter as long as you eat little fat
>been consuming way, way beyond her daily sugars
>saw her eating chilli once, looked nice
>pretended to be curious about my own portion sizes
>said how much rice do you cook for one meal?
>250g
>250g rice and decent amount of chilli
>further inquired
>what did you put in that chilli?
>turned out she put an entire family size bar of chocolate in one portion of fucking chilli

She eventually went a bit crazy though and decided to live on her own thank fuck
>>
>>35223682
Fuck these bitches, I could OHP them both
>>
>>35223682

Horseshit.

The issue is fatty supremists who get ANGRY and call themselves VICTIMS, while being the agressors who attack people who celebrate being fit.
>>
File: 1297794275398.jpg (44 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1297794275398.jpg
44 KB, 600x800
>Being this new

/fit/ LOVES fat girls and shredded ripped men. No homo.
>>
File: tweet1.jpg (74 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
tweet1.jpg
74 KB, 600x900
bad knees don't prevent weight loss

weight loss is 95% diet. Kcals out > kcals in. I lost like 50 lbs by simply adjusting my diet, I didn't even start exercising/lifting until I was skinny.
>>
File: 1447288672811.jpg (166 KB, 726x500) Image search: [Google]
1447288672811.jpg
166 KB, 726x500
>>
>>35223682
Yeah, weight is an imperfect measure of fat or health. A much better measure would be your body fat percentage. If you're a girl and 15%, you can weigh like 160lbs and still be absolutely amazing.
>>
> I need to clear up a common misconception: “weight holds you back.”

> In fact, weight does NOT hold people back.
Here are things that do:

> - weight stigma and stereotypes hold people back
> - shame holds people back
> - ableism holds people back
> - healthism holds people back
> - a world built to accommodate only particular bodies holds people back
> - the myth of permanent and long term weight loss that traps people in an endless cycle of disordered eating and obsessive exercising and addiction to dieting holds people back

> But weight itself absolutely does not hold people back. And I am devoted to tearing down those barriers.
>>
>>35226517
>If you're a girl and 15%, you can weigh like 160lbs and still be absolutely amazing.
And be 9 feet tall
>>
>>35226550
...which is pretty amazing I guess
>>
>>35226435
if you're in US or UK the "real issue" is 30% obesity rate.
>>
>>35223682
>the girl instantly said back “yeah well I’m only 95”, like it made her better than me or more important.
Sounds like /fit/ with weight instead of height.
>>
>>35226528
I think you forgot gravity.
>>
>month 13 of my bulk
>pushing 325 on the scale
>Lifts getting into the triple digits
>get so caught up mirin my 'thetics I almost don't hear the yumyum bell
>smell of delish toasted ham n cheese sammies hit my nostrils and rush to the kitchen
>mummy has my sammies laid out cut perfectly on my modified Sonic and Friends plate(I made mummy scratch all the male characters eyes since I don't like competition)
>as I gaze at my toasted sammies I realize something is gravely wrong
>there is one half of a meaty cheesy toasty roasty sammy missing
>I begin making gutteral noises and hand flappies
>mum tries to tell me that I'm a big boy and big boys only need 9 and a half sammies
>I tell her to try to only take 9 and half cocks before breakfast and call her a whore
>threaten to shit myself if she refuse to make me an additional 3 sammies as an apology
>the stupid slut does it
>eat my kings ransom of sammies and head back to the man cave
>I can hear mummy calling old-dad and crying
>>
>>35226528
Weight holds you down.
>>
File: 1435219930060.jpg (37 KB, 454x374) Image search: [Google]
1435219930060.jpg
37 KB, 454x374
>>35226255
chocolate in chili........
>>
>>35226528
it is definitely hard to move even when you have like 40 extra lbs...so no
>>
>>35226528
>fatties rolling around on scooters because their legs literally cant carry their own body weight
>weight doesnt hold you back guys! only evil fat shamers do!

kekkeroni
>>
>>35223682
fuck off, tell these kids to their face how privileged they are
>>
>>35226528
I completely agree with this anon, weight doesn't hold you back. I used to be one of the fat kind in highschool. You know, one of the three or four of them that come to mind first when you think back. I was one of those guys. I was pretty active too, I played on the football team, I went snowboarding every weekend in the winter, I biked to school once a week in the summer which was no small thing either, I lived 20km away from school, hell I was even pretty good at long distance running. However I was still gaining weight, so I gave up on the idea that I would ever be one of the guys that you hear girls talking about in class. I accepted that I was unattractive and it would always be that way because I had shit genetics and I would always be fat. I was ashamed to be fat, my self confidence was through the floor, I envied people who were "naturally slim" and I resented that if I had their genetics and lived my lifestyle that I would be in better shape than them, I often looked at my friends and in the back of my mind thought "You don't deserve the body you have because you don't use it"
I was angry with thin privilege, I felt sorry for myself and everyone who went through the same treatment I did for being fat.
Then I discovered /fit/ and I saw all these body progress threads, I saw people who used to be fat who made a change in their life and were now what I then thought of as slim. I pulled some images from CBT's and used them as goals to work towards (Pic related was what I thought my final goal and what I thought the best I could do was). I read the dieting information on the sticky. I lurked on fit for a few weeks and in that time something about the way anons pushed each other to be better motivated me to make a change. At this point I was too embarrassed and ashamed of my body to go to a gym.
Part 1/2
>>35223682
>>
File: 1521022196_athe.jpg (71 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1521022196_athe.jpg
71 KB, 640x480
>>35228170
Part 2/2

I bought myself two 10lbs dumbbells and started exercising at home using those and body weight exercises. Within 6 months I had reached my original goal (Forgot to post pic), I felt better about myself, I had more energy, I was happier with my life. And what's more is I didn't care if my friends were slimmer than me anymore because I would get there eventually if I put the work in and earned it.

In that first half year I realized that being fat was completely my fault. I had been active my whole life, but I had no discipline, I was eating a lot of junk food, I already knew this but I thought I was burning off the calories. Not a chance in hell. I cut out everything I didn't like that I was eating. Soda, chips, pizza, candy. I fell hard for the "Oats and Squats" meme too. Great source of fiber though.
/fit/ saved my life, as I'm sure it's done with hundreds of other /fit/izens, I think that nobody should be weak or lazy enough to let themselves get fat enough to the point where they feel ashamed. I'm sick of this fat acceptance movement because even though it would have made my life much easier when I was fat, my life is now much better because of fat shaming. I think it's good for the population to feel bad about their weight and to glorify a healthy lifestyle.
>>
File: actually try.gif (445 KB, 480x353) Image search: [Google]
actually try.gif
445 KB, 480x353
Can't you get thinner just sitting on your ass taking diet pills and eating smaller meals? I mean do you even have to exercise at that point if you're just trying to lose weight not just fat?

If so, what's the excuse for being fat?
>>
>>35226966
She said to me that 'its for colour'
>>
>>35223682
man I would fuck her and I dont even feel bad

altho i am drunk af right now
>>
"Privilege" is a concept used by liberals who tried to use the sympathy card and had it blow back into their faces.

Worse than ISIS.
>>
>>35228623
Worse because it's 24/7 instead of a few attacks every now and again that aren't even that bad in the bigger picture.

Question time, which would you prefer, a liberal nation being a global superpower or an ISIS nation being a global superpower?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.