[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello /fit i am some guy from /a. I have finally reached rock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 13
File: 1449636005515.png (78 KB, 399x428) Image search: [Google]
1449636005515.png
78 KB, 399x428
hello /fit i am some guy from /a. I have finally reached rock bottom with overeating, smoking and no physical activity. I need to lose weight and i read the sticky but all of it is like reading russian for me. I have never cared about calories or carbs or anything of the sort in my entire life. I am 6ft 1 and over 300 pounds.

i did understand the part that said if you can make it with your hands its good but i have always just bought ramen and cheap shit and don't even know how to grocery shop for shit you have to cook. How do calories even work?

what is the best way to do cardio when you have asthma? I did not have to take gym in school because of it. How do you even cardio and how long?

How do you stay motivated like i am now for a long period of time?

I can post a pic of my fat if it helps
>>
>>35220867
Fat = stored energy. That's why our body produces it.

Calorie=unit of energy. A calorie is the same thing as a joule just a different unit. Like feet vs meters.

Burn more calories than you consume and you lose weight. You have to. The laws of thermodynamics exist.

Do moderate cardio for a long period of time if you have asthma. Just stay on the treadmill for an hour and don't get off. Go whatever speed, just stay on.
>>
>>35220914
ok so eat less and when i do eat cook it myself

and do i walk, jog or run on the treadmill? Or just do what i can?
>>
One step at a time big guy, don't get overwhelmed.

For now, just eat less, drink water instead of soda, and go for walks.

Over the next few days instead of watching Magical Harem Highschool keep reading up about this stuff.
>>
>>35220938
Anything you can manage for like an hour a day combined with calorie restriction. You've got a long road in front of you lad. Wake up everyday closer to that shit.

Read the sticky
>>
>>35220867
As far as motivation is concerned I think the biggest hurdle is realizing this is the easy part. When you're excited to start a new lifestyle, and get in shape it's easy to go to the gym. It's hard when work kicked your ass that day and you're tired and one snack won't hurt right? Don't you deserve it? That's when you get tested. When you hit the treadmill in spite of how tired you are our how lazy you feel.

There is NEVER a good excuse for skipping out. Realize this from the get go. Because your brain will come up with all kinds of lame excuses to quit. Be better than your excuses.
>>
>>35220944
will do

>>35220949
ill study it like the guy above said to

>>35220952
NEVER a good excuse for skipping out, got it
is it better to walk in the morning when you get up or at night?
>>
>>35220914
But what about my thyroid problem?
>>
File: lol @ u.jpg (19 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
lol @ u.jpg
19 KB, 500x375
>>35220867

>>35221003
b8
>>
File: 1432239392678.png (716 KB, 1288x3200) Image search: [Google]
1432239392678.png
716 KB, 1288x3200
Heres a plan with emi if you want it

Remember that you must eat less though
>>
>>35221003
"but everyone at the gym will stare"

fuck off you have had your fun
>>
>>35221021
that actually looks relatively do-able thank you anon

emi a qt
>>
File: aya-no (1).png (503 KB, 483x761) Image search: [Google]
aya-no (1).png
503 KB, 483x761
>>35220867
So not only do you have no self-control you also are too retarded to read.
No one can help a disgusting wreck except yourself, f/a/ggot.
>>
>>35220867
>I can post a pic of my fat if it helps

pls do so i can laugh at the typical /a/uthist

>How do you stay motivated like i am now for a long period of time?

think about how much better life will be when you make it, if you make it
>>
>>35221150
>>35221204
nothing i haven't heard or told myself before, thanks for the help

>can't read
i can read just fine i just don't understand, its like giving sheet music to a kid who has never been taught how to read sheet music
>>
>>35220867
How to count calories:

> Acquire Kitchen Scale
> weight your food individually
> Google search for nutritional information on that food type
> Multiply by grams weighted
> That is how many calories this food has

If you use apps like MyFitnessPal, it has most foods stored inside so you can just type how much you weighted it for and it'll tell you everything.

A lot of people use things like "portion sizes" to decide whether a plate has too many calories or not... those people are retarded. It works for them because they judge food well. You're FAT. You fucking fail at judging food.

So that's why you need a kitchen scale. You need some OBJECTIVE way or measuring calories, because subjectivity is what brought you to your current state.
>>
>>35221267
>its like giving sheet music to a kid who has never been taught how to read sheet music
I understand dude, thats exactly how I felt when I started but you just have to keep working at it
If you don't understand anything you really have to take the time to look it up, its annoying at first but once you start really working at this it gets better
Not easy but it is better, and you'll start to really want to do it
>>
>>35221267

Then you just need to research until you understand it.

The above advice is valid, but do remember that pacing yourself is not the same as taking it easy. It's simple to convince yourself that you're not over-exerting yourself, when, in reality, you're not pushing yourself.

That said, step one will really involve finding the pain barrier and getting over it - in a number of ways. If you ever stop feeling the pain, step up what you're doing.

Also, look forward to your first serious endorphin rush, after a hard workout. They're wonderful.

>>35221289
Yep, counting calories is what it says on the tin - I suggest you break it down into the nutritional subcategories too, so you know how you're eating. Definitely use an app, when cooking your own food either use the app's database for reference, or try to find a recipe online with calorie information (I know Jamie Oliver has a lot of these). Even if the recipe is crap, it should help you to develop an intuition.
>>
>>35221267
If anyone sounds heavy handed here, it's because we can't hold your hand while you do this. Commit to a serious lifestyle change and we'll see you on the other side brother. Looking forward to some posts in the progress thread you disgusting fatbody
>>
learn to cook, optimally your diet should consist of vegetables only
>>
>>35220867
understand that it takes a long time to see huge results, but that you'll see small results each week, and slightly bigger results each month.

Also, eating fat doesn't necessarily make you fat. It's the damn carbs (carbohydrates) that make you fat, because it's what your body expends first. Sugar is a simple carb.

Eat less processed foods. The less processed it is, the more energy your body needs to use to absorb it, thus losing more weight.

Find your BMR, which is how much energy your body spends in a day, in calories (there are websites that calculate this for you). Eat less than this in calories each day, and you will lose weight.

Now, with this info, go re-read the sticky. Harsh's fit wiki is optional, as long as you read the liamrosen.com fitness page.

Foods to buy:
Brocolli
Avocado
Spinach
Tomatoes
Eggs
Boneless skinless chicken breast
Brown Rice
Carrots
Hummus
Low fat unsweetened plain yoghurt

Cooking ideas:
- Fry the chicken in a pan in oil. Watch a video on youtube on how to cook it properly. It's really easy.
- Mix some eggs with a little bit of milk, and microwave. This makes a nice easy fluffy souffle. Otherwise, watch a youtube video on how to poach or fry eggs.
- Steam the brocolli. Easy.
- You can eat spinach raw, with other foods.
- Spread some avocado on toast with a few slices of tomato, and add salt and pepper. Avocado is an excellent substitute for butter as a spread
- Watch a video on how to cook rice
- Carrot sticks + hummus delicious as fuck

Get seasonings and sauces. I add tobasco sauce to a lot of stuff. Fucking delicious.
>>
>>35221329
Haha, good one
>>
>>35221335
>>35221329
OP, please ignore these.

While they're well-intentioned and technically correct, these are the kinds of diets that FAIL.

Count your calories, but keep eating things you like to eat. It's important to avoid sugar because of it's high calories, but you shouldn't go full vegan. Baby steps.

The trick is finding things you like that are also healthy and have low amounts of calories. The only hard thing about your initial diet has to be controlling the calories... if you start eating things you don't enjoy while constantly trying to work out (something you are not used to) all the while you're starving since you're used to eating so much more........ it's the reason why people give up.
>>
>>35221289
kitchen scale and myfitnesspal, got it, will aquire tomorrow

>>35221303
keep studying, got it, thank you

>>35221309
finding pain barrier and pushing through it, once it becomes easy step it up

>nutritional subcategories
i will have to study more

>>35221320
im looking forward to my first post next week

>>35221329
is this b8 or?

>>35221335
i screen capped this, thank you for the grocery list, i needed it
>>
>>35221402
i like to eat everything just a ton of everything

but

find things i like that are healthy and low in calories and pushing through the starvation and urge to binge, got it
>>
>>35221456

Like >>35221402 said though, if you change all at once, you will fail.

Do things gradually, like eating the foods you like at first while counting calories, and maybe adding the things I mentioned in that shopping list 1 by 1 over time.

It took me months to get to eating that, so don't sweat it. Just start off slow and take it easy until you're used to it, and ready to change a little bit more.
>>
>>35220867
>never cared about calories

Yeah well maybe you fucking should.

How has what you've been doing working out for you? Crap? Then perhaps you should go about changing your habits.

It isn't necessarily easy. It will take some time.

Either you want it.
Or not.

If not, shut the fuck up, and complain to your enabling mother.

If you want it. Then suck it up and get busy.

>just don't expect life to be wonderful all of a sudden.
>>
>>35221267
post pictures of you fatass c'mon
>>
>>35220867
What's your favorite anime?
>>
counting calories is literally for faggots and girls

eat less, move more
>>
>>35221489
i feel all in right now but that will probably go away, i want to look average (even skinnyfat) asap and i have to get over the fact i cant have it right away (healthily) and that its something i have to work towards.

i never used to be this fat, i got sober and started to eat instead of drinking and using speed compulsively and i gained 170lbs over a year and a half

I will be extremely attractive once i lose this shit on my body, my fat doesnt even prevent me from getting laid its just like i want this for myself, i want to know deep down that i look good again

>>35221559
thanks for the motivation

>>35221598
you already know im fat and i don't think it will help at this point

>>35221619
nichijou, evangelion and flcl
>>
>>35220867

hey fat fuck

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIqj12N6PhnDgYFRfSJOD8__vfEjGVdu6

watch all of these videos to get started on how to actually buy food like a normal human being

This channels also full of healthy easy to make recipes.

Now ... read the sticky again.

Watch more videos on these topics there are millions out there and theres no excuse not to watch a YouTube Video on this. Its your body after all.

You probably eat 4000 Calories without even knowing.

Learn to look at the labels on the food you buy.
>>
>>35221734
ayyyyyyyyyyy watch danshi koukosei no nichijou too
>>
>>35221402
Take his advice. Tbh there is no single macro that "makes you fat." That's a stupid concept and it isn't how the body works. Regardless of what you eat, if you are under your basal metabolic rate(BMR) you will lose weight. If your goal is to just lose weight(hopefully this will change over time to much greater goals, you have potential), then you could literally eat whatever you wanted as long as at the end of the day, your energy out exceeded your energy in.

Energy out > energy in. Period. Exercise and eat less. You'll make it, breh. If you're still in doubt, look up the study of the guy who lost weight on a diet of twinkies. Would post source, am too lazy. Sorry.
>>
>>35221767
subscribed will watch tomorrow

study more, got it

>>35221807
already have and it is wonderful
>>
A bit of advice that you won't get on /fit/:

When you hear that consistency is important, most people misinterpret it. You don't need to have a flawless meal plan, perfect workout routine, technical mastery of exercises etc. Its really just important that you stick to whatever passable fitness stuff you choose to do.

So before you get all hyped up and make the perfect fitness plan or whatever, just lift safely, lift heavy and count your calories.
>>
>>35221842
ayyyyyyyyyyy watch your lie in april to stay motivated for the rest of your friggin life
>>
>>35221815
as long as i am burning more than i am eating i am golden? Thats what it sounds like to me.

>>35221907
stick with what i find passable and be safe and count, got it, thank you
>>
>>35221931
For every workout you skip you must watch an episode of GUNDAM SEED Desttiny.

That's real motivation senpai
>>
>>35221931
i have and those feels though, great taste btw
>>
>>35220867
For anything fitness and diet related, read the sticky. To kick your smoking habit, I suggest dipping. You still get your nicotine but you also can start working on your cardio without fucking it up
>>
>>35220867
Eat less.
Exercise more.
Less calories in, more calories out.
>>
>>35221954
now rewatch clannad after story until you have no more tears left in your tear ducts, then go lift out of sadness
>>
1. Calculate your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and subtract 500 from your result. http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
2. The number you get from step #1 is how many calories you are going to eat daily from now on. Whenever you lose 5 pounds, redo step #1.
3. Go for an hour long walk in both the morning and the evening. You go on this walk every single fucking day, no matter the weather. Once you lose enough weight, start up the program described in the picture with this post.

Here's what your daily diet is:

- 40% of daily calories come from chicken breast (minimal seasonings, no fucking sauces and shit) and/or turkey breast.
- 30% of daily calories come from almonds (unsalted).
- 20% of daily calories come from oats (no sugar) and/or brown/black rice (preferably black).
- 5% of daily calories come from a combination of carrots (the carotene in the carrots will also make your skin have a natural tan) and green cabbage.
- 5% of daily calories come from a combination of apples and grapes.
- A gallon of water.

NEVER, FUCKING EVER, EAT OVER YOUR DAILY CALORIE INTAKE (see step #1).

Once you reach a low enough of a weight, start up SS (Starting Strength), which is described here: http://4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Starting_Strength

Once you start SS, you should calculate your TDEE (http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html) and add 500 to it, which would become how many calories you eat daily. Whenever you gain 5 pounds, you recalculate your TDEE again.
>>
File: running-routine.jpg (596 KB, 2576x3200) Image search: [Google]
running-routine.jpg
596 KB, 2576x3200
>>35222084
Forgot picture.
>>
>>35222024
will do

>>35222084
saved, thank you
>>
>>35221021
I actually did couch to 5k with Emi back before I actually got /fit/. The transition from week 3 to 4 is such an unbelievable bitch, I rage-quitted and remained the fat fuck that I was. As much as I dig Katawa, I wouldn't recommend couch to 5k with Emi, not only because she's worst girl but also because counting calories the most important focus, and just doing *anything* to burn calories with it.
>>
Hey OP. I felt super overwhelmed by the sticky too and I'm still extracting information from it 6 months later. Learning to count your calories *accurately* and eating at a 500 cal deficit it what you need to focus on, more than anything. Calories in, calories out - you will lose weight eating at a 500 cal deficit unless your body breaks the laws of thermodynamics. Calculate your tdee, total daily energy expenditure, by plugging your stats into an online calculator your can pull off google. Subtract 500 from that. That number is what you need to consume. Count calories as if you worship them, utilizing shit like myfitnesspal or whatever, and you *will* lose the weight. You don't need to understand the whole sticky to wrap your head around the process and if you have any questions about specific exercises you can then get back to us.
>>
>>35221335
>>35221456
I strongly recommend adding fish, cottage cheese and pulses like lentil and bean etc. to that list just for a little more variation. Bananas are good too for pure carbs.
>>
File: 1449699490719.jpg (342 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1449699490719.jpg
342 KB, 800x1200
>>35220867
Here are some general tips senpai
>>
Find out how much hidden sugar is in your diet.

Replace sodas with water. Do you have sodas in your house right now? Good. Go throw them all away, as soon as you read this.

You can use this website to find out how much hidden sugar (and the calories from the sugar) is in things like hotpockets, sodas or supposedly "healthy" cereals before you buy them

http://smithnicholas17.github.io/sugar/
>>
>>35222149
you realise you're talking about a cartoon character as if she personally belittled you?
>>
>>35220867
>I can post a pic of my fat if it helps

lol, alright go ahead.
>>
>>35220867
>>35220867
What's your opinion on Samurai Champloo?

>>35221402
Best advice in this thread.

Honestly, if you really wanted to, you could a slice of cake for breakfast if it's a normal sized slice and that's all you eat until lunch. You can eat total shit food as long as you count your calories.
Count
Your
Calories.

And exercise more. That's literally all you need to do to lose weight. Just don't expect much results after a month or two; you'll get disappointed and would probably go back to not giving a shit and eat a shit load of food.

It isn't easy at all but once your brain adjusts you'll start to appreciate exercising.
>>
>>35222149
>not only because she's worst girl
You wanna fucking go m8?
>>
File: 9ea.gif (2 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
9ea.gif
2 MB, 500x280
>>35222857
litteraly half of that is B8 M8 all ways keep insulin low which is why high fat low carb(not keto) diets are better and it increases hormone production which is vital to losing weight and gaining muscle
>>
>>35222091
does anyone know the origin to these pics? the original has a 64 in the corner so i'm guessing it's from some kind of book
>>
File: couch-to-5k.jpg (101 KB, 554x1113) Image search: [Google]
couch-to-5k.jpg
101 KB, 554x1113
>>35223188
this is what i mean, what's the origin?
>>
Hey OP

So you eat like shit
You are obese
But that's cool bro, don't sweat. If you want to make an effort, open-mindedness is all you need.

You need to download a phone app called 'MyFitnessPal', calculate your BMR (Which is basically how much energy you utilise each day if you were in a coma) and then work out a deficit off that amount.

Since your weight is quite high, you need a pretty large deficit, I would suggest 750-1000 calories daily in order to see any results whatsoever.

You need to learn how to do this on your own as well, if you were in my country and in my area, I'd be happy to bring you to my gym and show you the ropes on all of the lifts.

Weight-training is better than cardio for losing weight on a calorie deficit, it makes you put out more energy on average, as well as having asthma like me, it doesn't trigger asthma attacks EVER.

Let me know man. All the best, we are ALL going to make it someday, what matters most is where we wanna make it to.
>>
>>35223265
>Weight-training is better than cardio for losing weight
why would you do either or when you can do both?
>>
>>35223274
You dumb motherfucker.
1/10, you made me reply.

Ctrl+F - "Asthma"
>>
>>35223295
>asthma is really common
actual asthma isnt even common, people just have shit lungs from lack of exercise and think they have asthma

dumb motherfuckers

>my badly behaved kid has ADHD
you're that same motherfucker
>>
>>35223295

>implying people with asthma cant go run

what excuse do you have next?

"hurr durr i dont have legs what do i do"
>>
>>35223343
I know you're trolling, but those pics of fuckers with mechanical blades instead of legs asking "what's your excuse?" are such bullshit. Yeah if I was a bulldozer I could probably squat 2000 pounds too, what's the point?
>>
>>35220867
OP
first delete all pictures of anime girls off of your computer before you proceed
it's low test
>>
>>35223318

[citation needed]
>>
File: 1778601.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1778601.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>35223375

no im not trolling

remember .. everything is possible
>>
File: 10per10.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
10per10.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>35223343
This is right tho. I used to have asthma before i started running and before i got really good at it.

At first, each run (sub 2km) would cause serious breath problems for the whole day, but it got gradually better. Now I can run ~7kms daily and I haven't had any asthma related issues for years.
>>
File: 2331313123131.jpg (50 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
2331313123131.jpg
50 KB, 550x535
>>35223472

proud of you anon
>>
>>35220867
While you're at it, read book of pook
>>
File: myfitnessgoal.gif (2 MB, 226x200) Image search: [Google]
myfitnessgoal.gif
2 MB, 226x200
>>35223491
>>35223500
Thanks.
In the meantime, my sister, who is also asmathic, went vegetarian first, then eventually vegan, because she bought into that whole "meat is killing you" scheme. She's now a fundemantalist vegan, who's still asmathic but insists that her symptoms have gotten better (they haven't, she's still using her meds).

All this happened in about 2-3 years, the same amount of time that i needed to get my shit together. Currently, my /fit/ness goal is to be able to pick up girls. Literally. Pic related.
>>
>how do i stay motivated?
Remember why you started. Everytime you feel like not going remember how you feel now. Personally i look at old pics of my self, cringe and go back to train
Also a tip for cardio, runnig is hard on your joints, swimming or cicling might be better at the beginning
>>
Op here

Walked fast for an hour before work at 6

Had a banana with peanut butter toast for breakfast and instead of drinking monster i had black coffee and water

Thanks for all the help /fit
>>
>>35224043

>peanut butter toast

stop
>>
>>35224043
Peanut butter is super high in calories. Be careful with that if you wanna lose weight.
>>
>>35224194
I counted them

>>35224193
I havent gone grocery shopping yet
>>
>>35222893
It *was* personal brah. If you played it, you'd understand. The feels were real.
>>35223051
She's worst girl and you know it.

I like how fit's only response to that post was commenting on Emi.
>>
>>35224683
She was worst girl in ks but she still a qt 3.14
>>
>>35224683
>worst girl
>not shizune
>>
>>35224706
Oh yeah no she's cute, I cannot deny. But the bullshit she pulls during the game is unredeemable. Nope.
>>35224732
How is Shiz worst girl?
>>
>>35224732
Pervy tsundere is better than boring, athletic and cute.

To me at least
>>
>>35223215
Says in the other corner "From the book Show Me How 2009"
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.