[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys do a PPL when you can receive similar, if not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: blahabicepshot.jpg (16 KB, 394x222) Image search: [Google]
blahabicepshot.jpg
16 KB, 394x222
Why do you guys do a PPL when you can receive similar, if not better results, with a Push/Pull

you know squatting is a push right?

/PUSH/
Squat
Bench
Military Press
tricep and shoulder assistance

/PULL/
Deadlift
Pullups
Rows
Curls
Ab Work

There you go, and you wont need to go to the gym 6xWeek

>inb4 i enjoy going to the gym 6xWeek

Good for you, but that time and effort is better spent elsewhere
>martial arts *tips*
>learning a new language
>reading
>going out with friends
>not being a cuuuck

etc
>>
What's a ppl
>>
So how many times a week?
>>
>>35217720
4.... thought it was implied
>>
>>35217695
Its the thing cannibals eat senpai
>>
I'm in a situation where I need to work out Friday Saturday and Sunday. Previously, I had the same philosophy as you. Why have a leg day when you only squat and deadlift
>>
>>35217765
>Why have a leg day when you only squat and deadlift
and the deadlift isnt exclusively a "lower body" lift. it works your traps and erectors

from what i know, they aint lower body muscle lol
>>
i actually wondered about this too
i don't even really mind the six days a week, but if this works just as well
does somedy have some refs ?
>>
>>35217748
on what days?
>>
>>35218800
push
pull
rest
push pull
rest
rest

you might want to reduce deadlift to once when it gets heavy
>>
I do this desu senpai. Started with 3 day full body and wanted 4 days so I switched. Working well so far
>>
>>35217592

Deadlift is a push, not a pull. Your back doesn't pull the weight; if it did, you'd be doing a Row. Your back simply stays straight while the arms guide the bar. You're actually pushing your heals
straight into the ground to initiate and accomplish the lift. Because your heals are pushing back, your hips naturally push forward thus causing your back to come into a straight line with the floor.
During the entire time, your back is entirely straight. If you're pulling with your back, you're going to put heavy amounts of weight on the mid spine and lumbar. Making it a pull is usually a sign
of poor form on the Deadlift. Technically speaking, even SLDL's are a push considering the movement comes from using your hips to push forward not pulling with your back. A proper SDSL
should end with the glutes tightened.

Here's a fifteen minute video on why the deadlift is a push:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPtbHGiGCIU

>My autism is showing
>>
>>35219087
But everyone calls it a pull.
PLs even ask, "How much do you pull", when referring to the diddlylift.
>>
>>35219087
Nigga you don't push the bar off the ground.
S M H
>>
MOUNT BICEPIUS
>>
Is ppl the new memelift?
>>
>>35217592

>time better spent elsewhere

As much as I hate to admit it, you're 100% right
>>
>>35219399

Yes, you do. You push with your feet. Do a deadlift motion without the bar; if you push your heels down and pelvis forwards, your back at no point has to be contracted backwards. It's
just called a pull because the intense strain of the bar drags you downwards and because it visually looks like a pulling motion, but you don't actually pull at any given point. Ever heard
of, "Pick it up with your legs"? If there's a box on the ground, you squat down, put your hands under it, and push down with your legs. During the entire movement, your back would
simply remain straight. Deadlift is literally the same thing but with a bar.
>>
>>35217592
because it sounds too much work to bench squat and press on the same day, I'd rather just train 6x per week
>>
>>35220227
Pussy
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.