[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why should I do power cleans instead of rows on SS? What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Power-Clean-e1368126380917.png (152 KB, 630x263) Image search: [Google]
Power-Clean-e1368126380917.png
152 KB, 630x263
Why should I do power cleans instead of rows on SS?

What are the pros and cons of the lift? What will it give me in terms of aesthetics and in terms of strength that rows won?
>>
>>35216908
Rows are boring as FUCK and power cleans are fun.
>>
Big traps.
>>
>>35216908
Do both.

Hell your clean will pretty much always be stronger than your press so you could always clean the bar off the floor for every rep of your press and get the clean in that way.
>>
>>35216908
One word.

TRAPS.
>>
>>35216923
>>35217583
>minimal time under tension
>no eccentric phase
if youre after traps just do shrugs
>b-but i could feel muh traps working and i got this burn and doms so it has to work, right! oh btw i just made a new 135lbs PR on the power clean
>>
>>35217583
This guy actually does cleans. I laugh when faggots ask about shrugs / having issues building their traps when power cleans exist.
>>
I love doing power cleans and the clean and jerk. But I only do them when the gym is nearly empty because I go to a pretty commercial gym and everyone looks at me weird. I also did snatches for a time but I couldn't even do the bar and I nearly dropped it on a guys head so I stopped doing them.
>TL DR I am DYEL and I am ashamed to do nearly any explosive exercise because everyone looks at me weird.
How do I stop this from happening.
>>
>>35217647
Yea but why bother with shrugs when cleans are both fun and great for training power??? The greater explosiveness carries over to deadlifts too. It's a 4 for 1 deal!
>>
>>35217732
Get better at them so that people begin to mire instead of getting weirded out. Become the Klokov.
>>
>>35217738
cleans are not fun and only autists care about power and >muh functional strength

power cleans are fucking shit for your DL, rip has a fixation for them but no one actually good does them.
>>
>>35217786

>no one actually good does them

You wanna take that back so you don't sound like a dyel? Go ahead. No one read it. Just carry on.
>>
>>35217786
DYEL?
>>
>>35216908
I can't for the life of me get the catch down for these. I always catch it in the OHP starting position. Which sucks cause oly looks cool af
>>
>>35217786
>only autists care about power and explosiveness

TIL that professional sports teams are 100% autistic
>>
>>35217853
It helped me to think of pulling myself under the bar.

Also get over the fear of the bar smacking you in the neck. It builds character.
>>
>>35217853
What this anon said>>35217896
Also sometimes you don't have the flexibility for it so what I did was just loaded the bar and lifted in a Front squat position without doing the front squat and did this 6x10 seconds every workout and now I can catch it on my shoulders rather than my arms.
>>
>commercial gym with no bumpers
>have to drop and catch the bar from the rack position
>RIP shoulders

Might have to take a break from them, though they are fun, even if it is baby weight.
>>
>>35217786
>only autists care about power
>I lift for girls
>I lift weights but don't play any sports
WEW LAD
>>
>>35217817
>>35217824
DYEL?
>>35217864
>>35217983
>implying anyone on fit would play sports
>Implying were not just fat neckbeards
>>
>>35216908
>Why should I do power cleans instead of rows on SS?
Because there just isn't enough leg work in the rest of the program, an upper body lift needs to be sacrificed.
>>
>People saying cleans are bad
>Thinking cleans don't give you traps
>saying autistic people only clean

Trash: the thread
>>
>>35218133
>people thinking cleans are useful for the average gym goer or /fit/ tard
i just read starting strength: the thread
>>
>>35218177
>>35218177
You are either fat or a dyel
>>
>>35218233
no, you.
>>
>>35216908
cleans are great if you know how to do them, if no one is there to teach you just do barbell rows.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.