[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I do Starting Strength workouts 5-6 days a week instead of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: My-starting-strength-review.jpg (181 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
My-starting-strength-review.jpg
181 KB, 500x400
Can I do Starting Strength workouts 5-6 days a week instead of 3 non consecutive days?
Will it be harmful at all?
I just feel like I can do a lot more than just 3 days.
>>
Wait till the weights get high. You'll need rest days
>>
>>35214823
Once weights get heavy you won't be able to do it on consecutive days.

Just get past mediocre weight and you'll know what i mean.
>>
>>35214823
No don't you will stall fast as fuck.Do the program do you know more than Mark rippetoe?If so why are you doing a novice routine?
>>
theres no harm in trying it, OP. just make sure you get plenty of sleep.
>>
>>35214823
I did the same, until i had training-induced headache due to heavy diddylifting 3x a week. Had to take a week off, even curls made my head nearly explode.

Stay safe.
>>
>>35214973
this
>>
>>35214973
underrated post
>>
>>35214973
Good point good point.
Thanks dudes
>>
>>35214994

Speaking of sleep, can anyone link me a no-bullshit source on how much it actually affects your gains and exercise routine?
>>
>>35214823
>>35214973
>a. Train more often! I advocate a minimum 3x a week, but how often are beginners, once the initial soreness subsides after the first week gunning to train more. To which fat unconditioned idiots always cry 'overtrainig.' Let me make this very clear. Someone who can't squat 225x5 is physically incapable of overtraining. You simply do not have the CNS recruitment to overtrain. So, instead of sticking to the A B A, B A B, format, train as often as you feel like it. If you can go 6 days straight alternating the two workouts, all the power to you, if you are starting to feel to beaten up, drop back to 3-4. Either way, just train MORE often. You need to stop thinking session to session, and instead sit back and realise how much more volume you will complete over a 6 month period training 4x a week instead of 3. That's a 33% load increase just from doing one extra session"
-Babylover
>>
>>35215762
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21550729

I think this should help a bit
>>
>>35214823
If you have great genetics, are young, stretch, sleep well, train as hard as you can, eat at a thousand calorie surplus of nutritious food and don't mind getting fat you can big and strong as fuck doing this
>>
>>35214973
third post is best post, listen to this faggot, you faggot OP.
>>
Yeah, go ahead. You won't be able to keep it up forever but you might as well get the extra gains while you can.

People are saying that you won't be able to do it once the weights get heavy. This is true but when that time comes you can just dial down the frequency.

Actually, if anything the extra work capacity you built early on will help you once it get's heavy.
>>
>>35215800
Thanks for this. I'm not OP but I was wondering if I could do AxBxAxB etc instead of AxBxAxxBxAxB
>>
>>35214823
It's called SM now. Stands for Starting Meme and yes you should start it if you want to work out but you "don't want to get too big"
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.