[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell us your lifting woes >5'10'', 170 lbs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1376427317829.jpg (30 KB, 480x648) Image search: [Google]
1376427317829.jpg
30 KB, 480x648
Tell us your lifting woes

>5'10'', 170 lbs
>was a cyclist and runner prior
>have 23'' thighs at 15% body fat
>came to fit and started getting interested in weightlifting
>thought I would be good at squats since it was definitely the most developed muscle group of my body starting out
>lolnope.jpg
>9 months later
>squat is lagging behind so much
>feel like I'm missing out on great core and posterior chain development with such poor squats
>bought shoes, got a belt, watched all the videos I could find, and worked on mobility
>still feel like a retard

Stats:
Squat: 190 lbs x 5
Deadlift: 265 lbs x 5
Bench: 185 lbs x 5
OHP: 125 lbs x 5
Pendlay Row: 160 lbs x 5

Fucking kill me.
>>
>>35209581
how the hell do you manage to bench more than you can row?
>>
>>35209636
I thought that was normal...
>>
Hey kid, you wanna toothpick?
>>
>>35209636
It's normal.
>>
>>35209581
I'm in your boat. Do abs, dedicated leg days etc. Lunges really help imo
170/180/300/120
I don't row because I'm not isley
>>
>>35209764
Wrong movie
>>
>>35209636
That's normal for pendlay row. If you're doing other rows where your back isn't parallel to the ground, it's different.
>>
>Did rowing and shit in high school
>College hits, exercise plummets to zero
>Gain weight up to 190 lbs (at 5'11'') during freshman year
>Sophomore/Junior year do lots of drugs and eat very little
>Basically starve down to 140, with loose skin
>Senior year, started lifting in September
>Body retained some back strength from high school but not much else
>Back much stronger than legs, this has lead to problems with rows and deadlifts

Lifts:
Squat: 150 x5
Bench: 165 x5
OHP: 105 x5
Row: 140 x5
Deadlift: 205 x5

I know I can go way bigger on deadlifts because my back never has any amount of DOMS after deadlifting. It's just that my legs won't let me.

My first deadlifting injury was a lower back one about a month ago. All the information I looked up points to weak hamstrings putting more strain on the lower back.

Last week I had another deadlift injury. Now my left leg/hip joint hurts, to the point where I can't squat on it.

Now my plan is to wait for shit to heal, then back off heavy back work for a while while my legs get stronger. It's a pain, because I really enjoy deadlifts and I want to go balls out on them.
>>
I have absolutely nothing beyond my own experience to back this up,but I feel like once you use a muscle group for endurance sports you have a very real inability to promote normal growth to those muscle groups via weightlifting

I'm a huge fgt and can't grow my shoulders after about a decade of tennis
>>
its been almost 9 months and im still fucking 67kg

5'6 im trying to gain fucking fat at this point but god damn is it expensive and eating is no damn joke. if i stray for a few days i am guaranteed to lose weight.
>>
>>35212370
Natty skelly here, I tried and failed at bulking for my first year. Could not keep overeating consistently, would get sick often. Now I'm actually making gains while on a ~maintenance diet. Stop worrying about "bulking" and focus on training and getting enough rest.
>>
>>35209581
Part of your issues with squats will be you have only developed the push motion of a squat but you haven't developed the resistance part of the muscle that helps control the downward motion. I'm a cyclist too and I thought I was gonna crush squats too but I am stuck at 295x5 after about a year.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.