[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does fit think about using weed as a pre workout supplement?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11
What does fit think about using weed as a pre workout supplement?
>>
That's actually how I got into weightlifting. My bro and I would smoke and do a bunch of exercises badly, and really enjoy the feeling of our muscles as we lift the weight. Later I quit and learned how to train effectively
>>
File: 1430760393708.jpg (48 KB, 267x429) Image search: [Google]
1430760393708.jpg
48 KB, 267x429
>>35205176
hahaha
>>
waste
much prefer a bowl after a hard workout as a reward and make me enjoy the fuck out of my giant plate of chicken and broccoli
>>
>>35205793
I feel the same way desu. I like to toke after before a hot shower. I sometimes have pain in my back/shoulders and it helps me sleep at night as well.
>>
>>35205138
I smoke before I lift I also take pre work out.

Creates a surreal experience that dulls
The pain but increases mind and muscle connection.

Best thing to do is smoke FIRST then drink pre work out.
>>
>>35205138
half of /fit/ is going to call you a degenerate and the other have is going to say 420blzitfggt

/thread
>>
>>35205138

no don't be retarded.
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO 420 BLAZE IT
>>
Lifting is a brutish activity. You tap into your reptilian brain and fucking murder that weight, which symbolically becomes whatever you wish to destroy.

The weed makes you a fairy faggot. Why would you want to feel high while you're lifting.
>>
>>35205138
It always makes my workout worse. I can't push myself as hard if I'm stoned or coming off from being stoned in the last few hours.
>>
>>35205138
I don't like weed, it's basically like I'm breathing in anti-productvitiy for a few minutes. I usually get these lazy ideas like eating everything that's in my fridge in bed. I usually feel weird in the next few days too, like slightly blunt, it's hard to describe.
>>
>>35206217
>blunt
I see what you did there
>>
>>35206217
>I usually get these lazy ideas like eating everything that's in my fridge in bed. I usually feel weird in the next few days too, like slightly blunt, it's hard to describe.
Different strains can have different effects. I only smoke pre-workout if I know for sure it's 100% sativa.
>>
>>35206282
I really don't give a shit. Thank you for the intentions tho.
>>
>>35205138
i am not a fan of the PAH's artificed by carbonizing plant matter.

for that reason, i only advocate pre-workout dabs.

hash oil pens are useful for intra-workout...

greatly increases recovery in between sets, ime.... i think it is the vasodilation that does it.
>>
>>35205138
We all react differently OP. It also depends on the strain.
A sativa dominant strain would be better suited than an indica dominant strain for this situation.

Personally, I agree with this fellow here:
>>35206030

But as I've mentioned before, not everybody reacts the same. Chances are this guy is a long term user like myself. Maybe the naysayers aren't spiritually awakened/self aware yet.
>>
>>35206282
>Different strains can have different effects.
nope, not really.

the same strain can have different effects.

there is no real pharmacological consistency, much as people like to pretend terpenoid profile consistently affects the high.

plus, according to the good dr. jeffery raber, most of those strains are probably BS anyways...

and certainly the difference between indica and sativa is 100% unadulterated BS

don't fall for the stoner mythologies... the data clearly shows less than a loose correlation between cannabinoid and terpenoid profiles and contents.
>>
it makes me lazy, unfocused and self critical

no thank you

i will not deny however that it is much easier to get the form correct when high due to feeling every muscle moving
>>
>>35206357
>certainly the difference between indica and sativa is 100% unadulterated BS
to be clear i am talking about a pharmalogical difference.

also there is a huge morphological difference between the two plants, as anyone who has grown can clearly attest.... but that morphological difference is not indicative of a difference in chemical constituents

it is kinda like the racism of weed "this plant looks different, so it must act different"

when in reality, it is just adapted to try and attain sunlight differently
>>
>>35206389
>it makes me lazy, unfocused and self critical
does it?
or are you kinda that way to begin with?
>>
>>35206357
>the same strain can have different effects.
On different people or on the same person over prolonged use?
>>
It makes it much harder and you get tired a lot quicker.

It isn't worth it.
>>
Guys, our genetic composition determines how we taste a specific food. I could find cilantro and broccoli delectable whilst the next chap is disgusted by them. Look up "TAS2R38" for additional information.

There's no reason why marijuana wouldn't subject to the same phenomenon.
>>
>>35205138

1. 420 BLAZE IT
2. get munchies
3. Clean bulk

repeat
>>
>>35206003
>after before a hot shower.

bruh
>>
>>35206401
i am to some extent all 3 of those things, the self critical thing especially.

but weed actively makes me lazy and much less able to control myself. funnily enough, i can handle LSD and DMT absolutely no problem, every drug to be honest, every drug except weed these days. no idea why. just am not suited to it i suppose.
>>
>>35206490
My sides fuck
>>
I'd never smoke weed before lifting.
I get sortof mired because big natty with nice facials, so I'd get paranoid.

I'm also affraid of shitting my pants while squatting and not realize it cuz too high
>>
>>35206436
on the same person, under different circumstances.
and on different people.

there is no real pharmacological consistency with CB1/CB2 agonization.

there is indication that terpenoids can affect the bioavailability of thc (espectially beta-myrcene), which could lead to the arguement that strains can matter (As a unique terpenoid profile is the only trait strains actually do carry, hence why some strains consistently smell lemony or whatever).

but that argument kinda falls on it's face when you actually look at the terpene profile difference between strains, and find they are incredibly similar, even while remaining distinct.

>>35206481
pretty interesting, tbhfam
will be researching
>>
>>35206491
>, i can handle LSD and DMT
confirmed for never having broken through on either.

a sub-breakthrough dose of DMT might as well be sobriety.
>>
>>35206449
>It makes it much harder and you get tired a lot quicker.
what if i told you neither of those things are true?
>>
>>35206540
no i've never done either at extreme doses and have never broken through, i want to be certain of both substances before i go higher (8+ tabs of acid). just find it funny since LSD and DMT are obviously much stronger than weed yet weed is the one that freaks me out.
>>
>>35206161
>Lifting is a brutish activity. You tap into your reptilian brain and fucking murder that weight, which symbolically becomes whatever you wish to destroy.
>>
>>35206357
Strains are mostly bullshit because a grower can call their plant whatever they want.

The indica/sativa divide is very pronounced though. I'm not sure what kind of weed you're encountering where you can't immediately tell if it's one or the other. Personally sativas hit my brain hard. Makes me want to run a few miles and think about shit. Indicas make it hard to move.

I did a quick search and I can't find any peer reviewed sources looking for any difference between indica and sativa strains of marijuana. Can you link me to the study you're talking about that explicitly shows a lack of difference between sativa and indica strains?
>>
>>35206049
>/threading your own post
>>
Pre workout:meth
after workout:weed
>>
>>35206563
Strains offer different tastes and smells, nothing else.
>>
Smoking weed is literally for faggots or edgy high schoolers

Have fun being a loser
>>
File: janoy cresva.jpg (47 KB, 640x641) Image search: [Google]
janoy cresva.jpg
47 KB, 640x641
>>35205138
>pre workout
>weed
dude
>>
File: Photo on 2015-12-10 at 13.08.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2015-12-10 at 13.08.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>35205793
This, if I smoke before hand I think i get a good workout, but I actually don't.
>>
File: inquisitive_boy.jpg (61 KB, 614x410) Image search: [Google]
inquisitive_boy.jpg
61 KB, 614x410
>>35205138
On hypertrophy days i love it
Max effort and dynamic work is a nogo ho
NO SQUATTING BREADLIFT
>>
>>35205138
Based skywaka
>>
pot is probably the least catabolic while being the most anti-cortisol substance out there

I should smoke more after my workouts
>>
>>35208315
>pot is probably the least catabolic while being the most anti-cortisol substance out there

sounds exactly what a pothead would say
>>
Better for cardio where you don't have to worry about navigating around and shit.
>>
>>35206166
yeah man this.
i like to smoke but i need to feel an intensity when lifting and herb makes me too laid back.
>>
>>35206049

>/thread

You don't know how that works, do you?

Fucking retard..
>>
Is that jon jon? He's dreamy senpai
>>
>>35206030
Back when i was smoking weed, this.
The mind to muscle connection was honestly out of this world.
>>
File: 1448926301080.jpg (142 KB, 780x517) Image search: [Google]
1448926301080.jpg
142 KB, 780x517
Sometimes weed makes me want to have a fun workout
Other times it makes me lazy af, as in I have driven to the gym, smoked, then decided to go home instead

It depends on the weed for me
Bush=good vibes
Hydro=heavy and chill
>>
File: 1442664498912.jpg (138 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1442664498912.jpg
138 KB, 600x600
>>35205138
>>35205793
>>35206003
>>35206030
>>35206342
>>35206483
>>35208568
>>35208590
>>35209574
>>35209656
Fuck off my board niggers.
>>
>>35206490
After gym before shower you retard
>>
File: 1448562943869.jpg (25 KB, 593x391) Image search: [Google]
1448562943869.jpg
25 KB, 593x391
>qt personal trainer working at my gym
>slowly talk to her more and more over the months
>one day she asks me if I wanna smoke with her on her break
>smoke
>mostly small talk between puffs
>finish
>she goes back to work
>stoned for the first time since college
>I stared at the wall for an hour while curling 5s
>>
File: 3EZMJbu.jpg (111 KB, 634x786) Image search: [Google]
3EZMJbu.jpg
111 KB, 634x786
>In prefer indica over sativa
>>
>>35205138
how retarded do you have to be to even ask this question? Oh wait, you smoke weed....nevermind, all makes sense now.
>>
smoked before doing power cleans one time and when I tired to do them I had this weird realization of what I was doing and got scared of them.

better not to do it for very fast exercises, or even before a workout at all.

sometimes after smoking I go and put a just a little weight maybe 60-70kg and do these long rep squats just to feel every muscle in my legs be worked
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 460x600
>>35210131
>>
>>35210277
>i smoke weed
>im so edgy and cool and normal
>cant wait to go smoke a bowl
>man all i thought about all day was getting baked
>fugg breh this weekend is gonna be so dope we gonna get stoned and eat pizza
>>
>>35206526
Where does one learn all this?
>>
>>35210286
Jesus man, just smoke a blunt and chill the fuck out.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.