[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
posture general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: kyphosis.png (155 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
kyphosis.png
155 KB, 400x320
sup /fit/

i have forward head posture/minor kyphosis to the point where my back is really unattractive and I'm even developing that weird lump on the back of my neck.

I don't have a lot of money to go blowing on drugstore back braces that don't work, but I do have a gym membership so I'm trying to do get the muscles in my neck to become stronger by doing some of the exercises the internet rec'd me, but as i lose weight (which i got the gym membership for in the first place) the lump becomes more noticeable and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

As much as I try to be conscious of it, I always end up slipping back into my natural (incorrect) posture. any of you ever dealt with this?
>>
File: death stretch.jpg (683 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
death stretch.jpg
683 KB, 2448x3264
>>35200247

I'm not sure how much kyphotic spine relates to poor rear delt activation, but face pulls and band pullaparts do a hell of a lot for posture problems. Also make sure that your hip flexors aren't tight and that you're standing up straight with butt in line with shoulders. Sometimes people end up sticking it out and this causes issues too (if you sit too much, you probably have tight hip flexors)
>>
Start sleeping on the floor and on your back. Don't use a pillow, and use at most a single blanket underneath you for warmth.

I don't have any posture issues, but I sleep on the floor and you'll grow used to it quickly.
>>
>>35200326

kind of a drastic solution when chances are he just needs to strengthen his upper back

I mean I don't have posture problems either and I sleep in a bed so it proves nothing
>>
>>35200309
thanks, i'm actually pretty sure i have a forward hip tilt as well
>>35200326
i do notice I also have shitty posture while I sleep. This sounds okay in theory, but I can't guarantee I won't move around in my sleep.. also i'm afraid of spiders crawling on me while i sleep

do you think it would help if I just didn't sleep with a pillow and tried to remain on my back?
>>
>>35200247

.. >>35191746
>>
>>35200367
I'm the sleeping guy.

Yes, that would accompolish the same thing, but not to the effect that sleeping on the ground would give. When sleeping in a bed, the mattress allows your body to sink, and thus maneuvre your spine into an unhealthy position.

To avoid moving in your sleep, try lining the sides around you with pillows. If you decide to sleep on the ground, you could even try a sleeping bag.
>>
>>35200420
holy shit, i didn't see this, sorry
>>
I had a massage today and it really opened up my back. I would advise you to the same op. Also consult a chiropractor
>>
>>35200326
I've got a soft mattress and started doing the same thing, bit less drastic. Just terribly uncomfortable if you roll to your side
>>
>>35201088
>soft mattress
This is bad.
>>
>>
Ho to fix anterior pelvic tilt?
>>
File: 123.jpg (170 KB, 1024x519) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
170 KB, 1024x519
anyone knows what's the problem with my back?
kyphosis or lordosis?
Also how to fix winged scapula?
>>
>>35202642
Stretch front hipflexors, strengthen ass
>>
>>35203171
Muscles would probably help.

Your back doesn't appear TOO far from neutral.
Head up. Butt in. Abs flexed to spine.
Should fix most issue.
Certainly wouldn't tell you to run off to the doctor based solely off those pics.

If you add mass with proper form compound exercises, it should assist your posture. You appear to have the muscle mass of an eight- or eighty- year old female.

Thanks, made my day, now feel less bad about my own physique. Job son!

Seriously sort your shit out via hard work. If you have some symptoms beyond iffy posture, then maybe ask a medical professional.
>if you had anything that could possibly be described as an upper back, your blades wouldn't be so edgy!
First step, get thee the fuckest away from here!
>>
>posture thread
nice

I have problem with apt and I know the general idea of fixing it but there's a problem.
My lower body is absolutely resistant to stretching (excluding hammies). I take it that apt/hip flexors are the problem. Sure, I stretch in the lunge stretch/couch etc. but it seems to have no effect whatsoever. The pelvis is tilted and the muscle just goes back into it's comfort zone the moment I "cool down" from stretching.

It's been over a year since I've incorporated stretching. And I can see noticeable gains everywhere except my legs. Hell, even in my hamstrings I easily made noticeable progress but my crotch won't budge.

As a result I have such a limited range of motion in my legs. I can barely raise my leg in any direction while standing and that's if I kick really hard.

How do I fix my groins?
>>
>>35200326
Slept on the floor while I had some bad back issues. It actually helped. I just bought a super firm mattress.
>>
>tfw bad anterior pelvic tilt
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.