[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey there. Never really been on /fit/ before, so I want to ask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Gym.jpg (382 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
Gym.jpg
382 KB, 2048x1365
Hey there. Never really been on /fit/ before, so I want to ask this;

For a beginner, can anyone recommend to me a very basic excursive routine for the gym? Preferably, a free one I can just print out from online? I'm not overweight, but I'd like to start visiting the gym more. The only problem is, I have no fucking idea what exercise to do in what consequent, etc. I'd be visiting in the dark. Can anyone help?
>>
>>35193248
*exercise

Fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>35193248

I'll gladly give you some advice.

Here it goes.

Ready?

READ THE FUCKING STICKY YOU LAZY NIGGER
>>
>>35193266
I don't want the sticky's advice, I want random anon's advice.
>>
>>35193248
plz leave...
>>
Do PHAT he's a doctor
>>
>>35193248
SS + GOMAD
>>
STRONG LIFT

Seriously.

You only new a very few full body exercises to get stronger (more muscular, more esthetic, and actually stronger).

barbell
squats, deadlifts, bench presses, overhead presses, etc. Trust me on this. I fucked around with dumbbells for months and didn't improve too much, though it stabilised my strength.

If you can lift the bar alone, 20 kilos, then watch some Buff Dudes tutorials on all these exercises and print the SL programme. It's simple as fuck.

As with nutrition, the simplest shit tends to be the trustworthy. Calories in, calories out, and that's 95% of your nutrition. Make sure to eat enough protein, preferably from animals, but also beans, and maybe a protein shake to be sure, and you'll be fine.

I'll answer questions.
>>
>>35193435

Workout A: Squat, Bench Press, Barbell Row Workout B: Squat, Overhead Press, Deadlift,
Read more: http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

^this is your week, starting with Monday, ending with Sunday. You alternate. This gives you many days of rest for certain groups, while you squat every other day mostly.

If you go to a gym, this is what you need to do. Fuck most machines.
>>
>>35193278
Read the sticky. Seriously. It's everything you want to know about beginning fitness. It dispels myths, reinforces real knowledge, and describes how to start. If you really want to succeed, the sticky will tell you how.
>>
>>35193278
Random anons will shitpost and tell you conflicting things (e.g. "do SS" vs "don't fall for the SS meme").

Don't follow random anons' advice until you have at least basic knowledge of strength training, so you can at least filter the idiots from the knowledgeable ones.

Read the sticky.
>>
Hey anon, so a lot of people will give you different advice, but if you are new just focus on doing a lot of reps with whatever weight you can lift. Get your muscles used to working out first and then go heavy.

The way I do it is day 1 - back and lats
day 2- biceps and shoulders
day 3 - chest and triceps

Other exercises like stuff for abs or whatever is thrown in randomly with any of the days. As for exactly what exercises to do - Stick to the standard ones, they work the best.

Also watch this, the legend himself talking about the basic exercises: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9zCgPtsups
>>
>>35193459

Not always. Sticky says DB and BB are the same and can achieve the same, but BB is vastly more efficient and faster and overall better. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>35193493
>Hey anon, so a lot of people will give you different advice, but if you are new just focus on doing a lot of reps with whatever weight you can lift.

BUllshit. Stick to 5-8 reps for anything useful. Beyond that, you're doing resistance and then just cardio.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.