[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what the fuck is the motivation? Tell me what you use as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 36
File: 1448099839978.jpg (198 KB, 768x939) Image search: [Google]
1448099839978.jpg
198 KB, 768x939
So what the fuck is the motivation?
Tell me what you use as motivation to stay fit.
Tell me what you used as motivation to lose weight.
I need motivation.
>>
Every man should aim to get stronger. What other motivation do you need?
>>
>>35190987
I enjoy 'mirin my ass after showering while I'm towelling off in front of the mirror.
>>
>>35190987
I lift because it lets me turn my anxiety into power
Sometimes I get so anxious it's like pre workout
>>
>>35190987
never gonna make it
>>
Mate the only motivation you need is

No pain no gain

It takes ATLEAST 4 years lifting but after that every girl bites her lip and wants to fuck you. If you can deal with 4 years of lifting

You deserve it

This is where the dedicated ppl are weeded out from the weak minded people
>>
>>35190987
I've lost 25 kg so far in 4 months, and I'm starting to get turned on by my own body. Why wouldnt I want to keep going until I can orgasm just by looking in the mirror?
>>
>>35190987
I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed whereas I didn't look fat, I had a double chin.
It was gross.
>>
>>35190987
THIS
PUSSY IS MY MOTIVATION
EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE A GIRLFRIEND I WANT TO BE A FUCKING GREEK GOD ON EARTH, AND I WANT PEOPLE BUT MOSTLY CUTE GIRL TO ADULATE ME
>>
>>35190987
Motivation is the short time burst of desire that comes with setting a goal and taking the first few steps. Then it dies. Hardcore. Check with any gym about NYR people. Check any military-training program. Check anyone who tries to pick up a new sport/instrument/language. It's a short term boost to your desire so that you get started.

The other thing about motivation is that its a trainable skill, and it comes out of discipline. There are people who great motivation and no discipline, people with no motivation and great discipline. But if you're disciplined, generally, you finish things you start, or you make progress. And because you achieve something, you're more willing to have a go at new things, and you're more willing to keep putting effort inot new things. So you're more likely to have good motivation and start something new.

You build it up, both discipline and motivation, by setting small goals, achieving them over time, and then adding larger goals. As you get more used to success, and better at achieving your goals, you can pick harder ones because you've already proven that you can get there with enough work.

Specific answers: You look at who you used to be or others around you. you recognise that being fit is an enormous differentiation in today's age. You'll be pre-selected by people for friendships, jobs, romantic interest or sexual interest, opportunities, favours etc. You'll feel great about yourself knowing that you have achieved something that can only be done with hard work and dedication, and that all others at your level will show you respect because they acknowledge that. It's about being as complete and advanced an individual as you can be.
>>
File: 1445912844128.png (297 KB, 746x720) Image search: [Google]
1445912844128.png
297 KB, 746x720
>>35190987

50% Narcissism
50% Self Hate
>>
>>35190987
I don't sleep and eat well if I don't lift. If I don't sleep and eat well I get ill with colds and shitty fevers every other month and I get depressed.
Most people start lifting because they're insecure and I did too, but I stayed because I felt so much better about myself - not only because I looked better but because I felt I accomplished something by sticking with something that wasn't always easy. By lifting you prove to yourself that you're not just a piece of shit without discipline and character, you prove to yourself that you are worthy of your own appreciation.

The fact that other people appreciate you more for it is a bonus of varying importance, depending on where you start out and your level of insecurity.

No matter how much some might say it promotes shallowness I believe everyone should try it over at least a year or two, if only for the endorphines and sense of accomplishment
>>
Thanks everyone for posting in my thread think I'm gonna start working out tomorrow go for a few weeks and just see how I feel after a few weeks and if I like it ill stay but if it's not for me,then it's not for me. Thanks /fit/!
>>
I just remember how I wasted every day of my life from 12-25. It's not much better now but at least I can look at myself in the mirror.
>>
Your motivation is that if you don't work out you will remain a fat fuck dyel.
>>
>>35191129
A few weeks isn't enough anon. nobody learns a Mozart piece or Japanese or Spanish or the rules of Rugby in a few weeks. You'll barely notice a difference in yourself in only a few weeks, except your lift numbers might go up a bit. Give yourself a reasonable goal for like 3-4 months. That's a much better indicator. You can't get your brain to adapt in just a few weeks to something entirely new and expect to be great. All my artist friends have been drawing for close to a decade. They refuse to show my anything older than three years. Another friend os mine is an 800 runner, she's been doing that for 6-8 years and it took her two or three to start getting fast enough to be quick enough to challenge in competitions.

Please look up SMART-goals on google if you haven't already, its a great tool. Then go and give yourself some decent goals with appropriate timeframes. but give yourself more than a few weeks. The body takes time to adapt. The brain too.
>>
>>35191129
another anon perhaps put it a bit harshly ( >>35191150 ) but he has a point when saying that you might not get to enjoy the benefits of training in such a short period of time as a couple of weeks.

You are strong enough to manage to be consistent for 3-4 months, all it takes is for you to believe that you can do it and that you are able to do it.

I believe in you anon
>>
File: 1448402611563.jpg (174 KB, 457x699) Image search: [Google]
1448402611563.jpg
174 KB, 457x699
>>35190987
The weight never lies. The weight is a constant; it is something that you can always judge yourself by. It is an anchor, which gives you validity and substance throughout the insecurities of life. Friends can abandon you, family can betray you, your girlfriend or boyfriend can cheat on you, your job can evaporate in an instant, and you can even die at a moments notice for literally a hundred reasons. Life is insecurity. Life is a constantly shifting, perpetually altering madhouse which few have the ability to say they have figured out. No matter how your life may change, for better or worse, 225 pounds will always be 225 pounds. The weight will never lie to you, it will never do you wrong unless you do something wrong with it. In a world with constant political strife, an uneasy job market, radical fools fighting for the worlds attention and at times even killing each other for outdated, dangerous ideals, it is our duty as humans to be the best that we can be. It is truly a pity that so many men and women die without realizing their own potential, both mental and physical. This is what we owe ourselves. To shed our skin and become reborn in the glory of the upper limits of the human body and mind. Never doubt yourself, never give in to weakness, never get stepped on.

Becoming physically fit is merely one side of self-progression, the other being expanding your mental horizons. If you can learn to better yourself in every way you will be that one step close to dominating the insecurities that once dominated you. After all, those who cannot learn to obey themselves will be commanded.
>>
http://markmanson.net/do-something

Read this
>>
>>35190987
personally i think its more about discipline and not so much motivation. Anyone can motivate you for a few days but it will most likely fall off. Being disciplined and sticking to something is what you need. Also lift or improve yourself only for you not anyone else, trying to impress/improve for someone else is pointless and will not help with motivation at all.
>>
I aim to be stronger to pull the weight of weaklings like you OP. I work in a field where physical and mental strength are absolutely necessary and while I'm at the top of the mental area and am paired with people at the bottom to serve as my low level assistants, it is also necessary for us to lift heavy things and have endurance and stamina. Instead of settling for being the higher trained, better educated one, I have also become the strong one because I will not let anyone's shortcomings but mine stand in my way; thus I eliminate my own. Be a weak beta autist all you want, but when the time comes to prove your self and it's a life or death situation, just know that when you can't rely on anybody else, you need to be able to step up to the plate.
>>
>>35190987
When that motivation dies out and you give up, remember that the ones that are working while you are sleeping said fuck motivation a long time ago and learned was determination is.
>>
Motivation is unreliable, trying to stay inspired through the difficulties. You must instead be disciplined to do things that would sap your motivation.
>>
OKAY TIME FOR SOME ACTUAL HELPFUL ADVICE.

THREE STEPS FOR STAYING MOTIVATED

STEP #1 - HAVING CONCRETE GOALS
Your goals must be concrete and measurable. "I want to look good" is not a concrete goal. It's cool to want to look good, but as a goal it's terrible. If you want to "look good" you need to figure out what will make you look good. Maybe you determine you'd need to gain 20 lbs of overall muscle in order to look good. That's much better, because now you now exactly what you're going for and you can always measure your progress and you can set mini-goals/milestones on the way there.
But you can do better. Now figure out how you'll gain 20 lbs of muscle. Maybe you determine you'd need to take your e.g. Squat from 8x135 to 20x225 and your Bench press from 5x95 to 8x205, all the while gradually increasing your bodyweight by 1 pound a week.
When your bodyweight goes up and your lifting numbers go up, you know you're building muscle. When you're building muscle, you know you're getting closer to your ultimate goal of looking good. You can track your progress all the way.

STEP #2 - KNOW WHY YOU'RE DOING THIS
Figure out why the fuck it matters to you to look good. What will this bring you? Are these things something you value at all? Once again, be concrete, be specific.

STEP #3 NURTURE YOUR MOTIVATION
Dedicate time OFTEN to sit down and remind yourself of these things. Keep your concrete goals (#1) in mind at all times. Remind yourself why you're doing this (#2) often.
Take time out of your schedule regularly to do these things.
>>
>>35191352
Thanks for this.
>>
>>35190987
I WANT TO LOOK GOOD NAKED EVEN THO I GOT NO GIRLFRIEND!!!
>>
>>35191013
What does a body that is the result of 4 years lifting look like?
>>
I want to look good. That's my motivation. I've always been a little disappointed with my looks so at least I can improve my body even if I can't do much to improve my face. Plus it's embarrassing to be a skelly
>>
File: Anie1.jpg (91 KB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
Anie1.jpg
91 KB, 650x1000
>>35190987
>>
>>35193513
Depends on how well you maintained a good diet and consistent lifts
>>
I don't really have a motivation to lift I just do it because it has become routine
>>
>>35190987
In General: Attention from girls, Being intimidating to guys, More self-confidence

Specifically: One girl that I realized I kind of like last night.
>>
File: jesus-on-the-cross.png (726 KB, 542x778) Image search: [Google]
jesus-on-the-cross.png
726 KB, 542x778
For this guy
>>
>>35190987

motivation is the mirror

if you dont want to look/feel your best, why go to the gym at all?

it's vanity, sure...but it's also for your health. why not go all out? you're going to be old one day and regret not trying if you dont.
>>
Excercise does for me what meditation or sex does, or maybe even really great Art or literature. It keeps me grounded, positive and makes me feel fantastic and excited to be alive.

Our bodies are made in such a way as to release heroin like substances when we exercise. I tend to trust mother nature; she's a wise one.
>>
>>35191092

i'd say

50% narcissism

25% self hate

25% hatred of others

I just want to be better, I want to be the best guy in the room, or in better shape physically.
>>
I don't have motivation.
>>
I want to look as powerful as I feel inside.
>>
File: r2aUUKn.jpg (164 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
r2aUUKn.jpg
164 KB, 768x1024
>>35190987
Her tits are fucking amazing
That's motivation
>>
>>35193734

>big tits

>just a small amount of chub on the stomach

mah nigga
>>
>>35193682
>I want to be the best guy in the room
That's not the right way to play. There's always someone better. Just be the best that you can be.Men are supposed to build things together and support one another. Engaging in unhealthy competition is for women.
>>
File: 1449680870853-258560401.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
1449680870853-258560401.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>35190987
My motivation is that nothing will ever stop me from achieving my goals
>>
>>35193766

im not stupid, I know george clooney would get every bitch in the room. but I want to be my best, even if I do have limits.
>>
I just want to be better than the average man OP. Both physically and mentally. Exercising helps wit both.
>>
>>35191018
How are you not dead f.am?
Also, share tips.
>>
File: latest[1].png (343 KB, 593x473) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
343 KB, 593x473
>>35193772
Migi? is that you?
>>
>>35190987
My original motivation was to be as strong as my mates who could outwrestle me. Now I don't worry about that.

My motivation now is enjoying lifting so much and improving. Also time is a big motivator I want to be a beast by 30 and fit healthy and happy in my old age or at least have a few more pain pangs that make me smile knowing where they started.

My motivation currently is that I'm alot scrawnier than I was before I did all that long distance running training in the summer. Who'da thought.
>>
I used to be depressed, I lived like shit for a good 2 years or so.

now im in the best shape i've ever been in, and I want to be at my best. i'm never going back to that lazy shit who smoked and ate junk all the time. I want to be the kind of guy other guys envy, and who girls want to fuck.
>>
I want to be the strongest motherfucker with cystic fibrosis there is.
I want to build the confidence and strength to protect someone when they need it, and to no longer be a coward at such a moment.
I want to inspire people.
>>
>>35193620
Okay, so lift for four years and drink beer not milk, right?
>>
>>35193458
Check this out
http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/strength-articles/iron-henry-rollins
Previous anon pretty much just paraphrased parts of it, and this is much better.
I keep the last parts of it hanging on my wall for constant motivation
>>
To be better than everyone else, cmon
>>
What? You need a reason to move your ass? Do it because you said you would, lazy ass.
>>
>>35193772
Is that your hand?
If so, god damn! It's really admirable that you aren't making excuses for yourself and going to the gym instead.
>>
File: oldpants.png (360 KB, 640x874) Image search: [Google]
oldpants.png
360 KB, 640x874
>>35190987
This
>>
>>35194540
It is. My right is fine. Thanks mate. Its a blessing. Truly ive inspired a lot of people in life, the day i start making excuses is the day i lose all of my hard work.
>>
>>35193496
This!

Motivation, who the fuck needs it when you have the inclination to stay fit and lift just because

Cool bruh!
>>
>>35193734
this guy is a fucking god!

the world salutes you sir
>>
>>35190987

I just want to know what does it feels to be strong.
>>
Well, the idea of being helpless and weak terrifies me. I feel sick with myself if I miss a workout and even if I'm hesitant right up until it's go time, when I start I know what I'm doing is right, good and worth the hardship that comes along with it.
>>
>>35191129
START TODAY PUSSY! JUST DO IT!
>>
>>35190987
>So what the fuck is the motivation?
I enjoy working out
>Tell me what you use as motivation to stay fit.
I enjoy working out
>Tell me what you used as motivation to lose weight.
This is mostly to look good in cosplay
>>
>>35190987

I love hair like that, it's so sexy.
>>
If you say you are doing it for women and self confidence you are stupid.
Self confidence built up on this makes you still a beta because you didn't change your personality, you obly changed your body.
If you are doing this for women you should know that muscles themselves are only a help, you have to be really confident and have a IDGAF attitude to make it work properly.
If you don't do that you are just a crying beta bitch with muscles
>>
File: RGW8DAw.jpg (75 KB, 790x774) Image search: [Google]
RGW8DAw.jpg
75 KB, 790x774
>>35194993
How are you able to do deadlifts and pullups?
>>
>>35190987
I lift because I fucking rule, I am god and the gym is mine when I workout

feel good, look good and fuck what anyone else thinks

the only reasons to lift; women, beta fags and anything else is a shitty excuse, you may as well just fucking take up yoga or suck cock and by a "World's biggest faggot" tee
>>
>needing motivation

You don't want it that hard, huh?
>>
>>35191001

I dunno man, every time I talk relationships with female friends they get excited about guys that have some form of perceived financial stability. You wouldn't believe how many times I've heard girls talk about potentially liking a guy with legs and arms like sausages because of his "business". Which is the brain child of another very talented person and he's just lucky enough to be related to them.
>>
>>35190987
self improvement is the motivation. it's a positive feedback loop, you're brain is designed for it. if you can will yourself to get started you will get addicted
>>
>>35190987

>if you have no achievements in your life up to this point, you can show yourself that you are dedicated enough to set yourself a goal and achieve it

>push the limits of your own mental toughness

>when you realize just how strong/fit/borderline superhuman it is a great feel

>girls want you for your body

>you suddenly realize that fat/unsuccessful/unhappy people just make excuses instead of trying

>great way to get rid of stress

>I have a good buddy who I only ever see at the gym and when we cheat together, wouldn't be as close as we are if it wasn't for the gym
>>
>>35190987
I mean my main motivation (or rather purpose) for working out is to stay fit and healthy and not die young or become completely useless when I'm old.

But I don't always "feel" like working out. It's really just about making it a habit t b h
>>
>>35191013
I'm at year 2.5 and I've noticed a distinct rise in female attention. I have a long term gf so I literally don't try at all but the bitches are coming more and more
>>
>>35195702

Whenever I don't "feel" like going, but go anyway - I absolutely kill it in the gym.
>>
>>35190987
Once you age past 25 being a fat shit makes you feel like garbage all the time.
>>
>>35190987
I need something to keep my sanity.
I need something to fill my time.
Human interaction, just to be around people

I have uni from 8 am to 4/6pm, small group of students in my course (12-13) then I am home around 7pm and have nothing to do, so I just go to the gym, after gym a hot shower and then I study or watch some shit, play some shit.

All I can say is do it for your self, I mean I hate this quote but its true.

Fill your free time instead of wasting it
Set a goal and test your patience
>>
>>35190987
I don't motivate myself to lift, I lift to motivate myself.
If you don't do anything you aren't worth anything.
>>
>>35190987
I really dont know what my motivation is. I wanna see how good I can really look and how much I can push my body to lift heavy shit
I just go lift cause I enjoy it. I guess it's just discipline now
>>
>>35195545
i really cant without my hooks and straps, ive only deadlifted a few times and most i can do is 155lbs i dont bother desu coz its too frustrating, if i take a wrist strap i can tie it around my hand to do a pull up, my prob is always gonna be no way of working my wrists/forearms because i literally have almost zero grip strength
>>
>>35193682
this
>>
>>35191084
This. I get motivated easily but struggle with dedication, I've been lifting for like 4 years including fucking around for 2. 4 years yet I look barely look like I lift as every now and again something in my life happens and I can the gym and don't eat enough to maintain. Now I have my own place I'm trying to get back into a dedicated mindset with my diet but it's hard now, just stupid little things like skipping meals because I woke up late or I didn't wash the dishes up the night before and don't have anything to cook with. Ridiculous really.

But I HATE the thought of being average. So yeah. I'll keep trying.
>>
File: doitfortaytay.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doitfortaytay.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>35190987
>>
File: FSqozM5.jpg (13 KB, 301x447) Image search: [Google]
FSqozM5.jpg
13 KB, 301x447
>>35190987
ppl may say shit but zyzz is my inspiration
>>
>>35191092
10% cu ck
20% shill
15% concentrated power of scoops
5% high test
50% tren

100% reason for >tfw no gf
>>
Here's mine:

>>35196612
>>
>>35196183

Looks like my goal too. Will SL take me there?
>>
>>35196697
y-yes..
>>
>>35190987
I do it for Hitler
>>
File: feel gains.jpg (46 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
feel gains.jpg
46 KB, 612x612
i'm a virgin that has never had a gf. maybe lifting a lot of weight will fix that

thats my motivation
>>
>>35193797
subtle kek
>>
>>35196697
SL is a beginners program. What you're asking is "will little league get me to the majors?" No, but it's a necessary first step before you can move up
>>
It makes fucking feel better.

It makes it easier to perform day-to-day activities and play physical games.

It extends my life expectancy and my enjoyable life expectancy.

It gives me more ability to protect myself and my interests.

It makes me more attractive.

It lets me spend spare time that I have on my hands.

It has introduced me to a new community and given me more to talk about with the friends I already have.
>>
>>35190987
I think about how much I hate my ex-wife.
>>
>>35191097
>No matter how much some might say it promotes shallowness

Some people are wrong
>>
>>35193772
ayy lmao
>>
>>35193772
Oh look, it's bill
>>
>>35191084
Amen to that brother
>>
>>35198350
Sup
>>
>>35190987
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsTACGVoNLw
>>
How much does lifting affect your energy, and does cardio affect it better or worse?
That's seriously the only thing I really WANT from lifting, I'm tired all the time.
>>
>>35193661
I too lift for our lord and savior
>>
>>35190987
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-U1J5CCiY4
>>
>>35190987
The trust that I'll be happier if I do it, and depressed and frustrated if I don't, regardless of how I feel in the moment.
>>
My motivation comes from reaching new plateaus, looking out across them and seeing how little I've actually gained. There's always more. You can always make your routine more perfect, someone is always bigger than you. It's like grinding in an MMORPG except at the end you get respect from real people instead of neckbeards.
>>
Just repeat this:

"Bitch, I'm (first name) motherfucking (last name).
>>
>>35190987

I'm kind of sick in the way I'm motivated. I get motivated by compitition. When i see other people getting fit or i make a bet with someone. It seems to be the only way i make progress
>>
>>35190987
I just want to get a gf, so i just started working out and now I look fucking shredded
>>
>>35190987
There was a girl I wanted more than anything. I would have set the world on fire, I would have climbed olympus and killed the gods. I would have done whatever I had to do to have her.

I did everything I could think of, and that included getting in better shape. By the time she broke my heart I had made every other facet of my life so much better that I no longer cared. I don't need motivation to stay fit, I do just fine on inertia.

Along the way I even learned that, contrary to what I believed in high school, there's more than one cute single girl in the world at any given time.
>>
I'm a ginger. Will any girl ever love me? Is there any point for me to go on?
>>
>>35190987
I wanna see my full potential, even tho manlet and azn
>>
>>35190987
i desperately don't want to be a faggot like you OP, so i do everything within my power to not be.
aside from the shitposting on a sunni moslem anti-christian hate-slang development forum of course. seems we have that in common.
fml.
>>
>>35190987
Because gains give you respect you dont even deserve from people are mindless zombies fed in a steady course of bullshit that good looking people are better than them in every way no matter what
>>
>>35200451
>sunni mudslime
Dude, islam is a meme religion
>>
>>35200137
Do you have a killer jawline and eyes that slay bitches?
Protip: dye your fucking eyelashes black. Had a girl who had the prettiea fucking eyelashes up close but from afar it looked like she didnt have any so people thought she looked weird and didnt like her
>>
>>35190987
Discipline not motivation. Every one should be aiming to better themselves.
>>
>>35196697
juicy juice will take you there
>>
>>35196183
Mine too brah. We're all gonna make it
>>
>>35190987
Her
Her
Another her
>I need motivation.
Fall in love.
>>
>>35190987

wife cheated on me. getting divorced. all the motivation I need.
>>
My motivation is lifting heavy things so I can lift heavier things.
>>
>>35198180
Goblins?
>>
>>35200492
Bad advice. Just stop caring m8.
I'm ginger, not bad looking I suppose but if you stop thinking being ginger is a fucking handicap youl do fine. I have a gf whom I live with and spend most days flirting with girls at my work, they obviously don't care I'm ginger. He'll one of my Co workers is Portuguese and aparently I was the first ginger shed met. Kek.

Confidence mang.
>>
>>35191097
This. My body just doesn't function properly if I don't make it work hard. Deep, consistent sleep, a hearty appetite and big regular shits make every day a blessing compared to living without those things.

It's also cool to look good and be able to play sports, but the little things are what make training worthwhile.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 551x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 551x550
>>35200090
>she broke my heart
>i didnt care
>>
File: 1444014226166.jpg (31 KB, 559x245) Image search: [Google]
1444014226166.jpg
31 KB, 559x245
this
>>
>>35190987
I lift for you anons.

I lift for the anons who are too afraid or lazy to get started.

No matter how far I go with education, how fit I get, how far I take my business, I always view myself as a fat fucking failure who had his parents tell him he should have been aborted.

No matter how far I go I never realize how far I've truly made it until I see someone who reminds me of who I used to be.

I work, not just lift, I work on my business, I lift, I improve for the anons who think they can't make it. Because I used to be you, and the hard long nights with no sleep all paid off.

I am living proof that we're all going to make it.

What you need to do: Regulate your time on 4chan, cut out your friends who are holding you back (it's probably most of them in complete honestly.) and realize you have so much less time than you actually think.

Making is a decision that only you can cross the line with.
>>
>>35191084

Thanks breh.
>>
>>35191013
4 years? If you just care about looks you could great in 2 or less if you aren't really overweight at the start
>>
File: male1 004.jpg (88 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
male1 004.jpg
88 KB, 640x640
This
>>
I will lift for the place where I'm free. To be natty together and flex as me.
>>
>>35203526
I will lift in the name of riptoe and everything that he believes in.
>>
>>35203530
I will lift for the world I was made in. Iron is everything I've ever known.
>>
>>35203535
I will lift to be everything that everyone wants me to be when I'm grown.
>>
>>35193513
Pretty fucking solid
>>
File: thatfeelcalling.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thatfeelcalling.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
I just want this feel brehs...hold me
>>
My whole life I've just kinda half-assed it, went to the gym off and on here and there but never really committed to it. My gf of 5 years left me a couple months ago. That's when I decided - no, fuck this, I'm actually *fat*, I am going to commit to this.

Since then I've lost 25 pounds and am starting to feel/see muscles in places where they didn't exist before. Nothing too drastic yet, I've still got another 25 pounds to go yet before I am out of "fat" territory, but now my motivation is simple: I'm starting to see progress, and I want to see more of it.
>>
There is no motivation since she's gone.
>>
File: 1419532086956.jpg (57 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1419532086956.jpg
57 KB, 480x480
>>35204001
Lift for the one that will stay.

She will meet you half way as long as you keep going.
>>
>>35203566
One day bro just keep lifting....but if shes just with you because of your body you wont be happy with her
>>
>>35203566
>tfw
>>
>>35203566
she's literally perfect...source?
>>
File: discipline.png (16 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
discipline.png
16 KB, 224x224
>>35190987
I use discipline as motivation
>>
>>35204324
That's Alison Brie. Judging from the Yahoo watermark, it's probably from Community Season 6
>>
>>35193796
>How are you not dead f.am?
that's not even very much he lost in 4 months. I lost 15 kg in even less than 2 months.
Tbqh it's easy as fuck to lose weight when you don't have to focus on something else in your life.
Started studying physics form then on. Just couldn't contain my diet this way. Put on some fat again. I feel so fucking weak.
>>
>>35196482
- Fort Penor
>>
I lost the weight for myself really, I hated being fat especially in a sometimes customer facing, physically demanding job. Then when I hit my target I was handsome as fuck. Maybe I could stop being so shit with grills? Banged a few, realised I still preferred just chilling out on my PC and not spending so much money on shit.

Put about 30 lbs on in 19 months now and didn't lift regularly for like a year now.

I had a great butt for like 3 months though. I want to get back there and just keep a handle on my weight more.

Honestly I just fucking love food. Not sugary shit like desserts, I usually avoid them at restaurants. But pizza, curries, meats, cheese especially.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (34 KB, 555x560) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
34 KB, 555x560
>>35193756
> chub on stomach
>>
File: 1292228573983.png (14 KB, 679x427) Image search: [Google]
1292228573983.png
14 KB, 679x427
>>35196482
>>
>>35191002
My nigga, nothing wrong with a bit of self mirin.
>>
File: 1449571484294.jpg (84 KB, 714x846) Image search: [Google]
1449571484294.jpg
84 KB, 714x846
>>35190987
I like my pumped muscles when I fap naked in front of mirrow
>>
>>35190987

Sauce?
>>
>>35204518
she is 15 you sick anon
>>
>>35204496
Literally the only reason why I work out.
>>
>>35204662
Legal age 14 here in freedomland
>>
File: 1421118657758.png (149 KB, 1480x565) Image search: [Google]
1421118657758.png
149 KB, 1480x565
>>35204714
Legal Age 13 reporting in

>>35191367
I've shifted through that, quite pragmatic and effective; but imho not on really long term goals. It's for people seeking a fire starter, not for an ongoing motivation. Discipline can accomplish something on the latter scenario, but won't really make the difference.
>>
File: 1425430983197.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1425430983197.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>35204977
>yfw Texas=Iraq
>>
>>35204977

legal age in Brazil is 18.

fucking ironic, yes. I know.
>>
>>35195611
What? Are you implying that you lift for girl's acceptation then? Like, the ultimate goal of being strong is to impress girls...

And then, it's true, maybe some girls can be interested in being with someone who has money.

Then, why you don't become the guy who is both RICH and has a scultural BODY?

Just sayin'
>>
File: are you serious.jpg (10 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
are you serious.jpg
10 KB, 320x240
>>35190987
Poor men discipline
Discipline
Hate
>I need motivation.
You already fucked up
>>
>>35205243
from the graph in >>35204977 (which is confirmed by wikipedia ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent#Law ) ( and more specifically by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent_in_Brazil ) it seems that legal age in Brazil is
>14, regardless of gender or sexual orientation, with a judicial precedent showing that a close-in-age exception that allows those aged 12 and 13 to engage in sexual activity with partners who are 5 years older or less is legal
>>
>>35207067
Stop this meme
>>
>>35207100
When Trumpets Fade are meme now?
>>
I just like looking good and seeing progress desu senpai
>>
>>35204977
>Legal Age 13
>13 is legal for everyone (aside from close-in-age exceptions) only in Burkina Faso, Comoros, Niger, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic

I didn't even know there was a state called "Sahrawi"
And as a matter of fact, it ain't even a universally recognized state
>>
>>35193661
Reps for Jesus,baby
>>
>>35207100
Not the OP, but how is that a meme.
Everyone knows they should be physically fit.
Everyone wants to be the alpha male/female.
So just do it.
Why should you wait around for some reason to like doing it? Just do it until you like it.
>>
>>35190987
I was all my life skinny, never looked gross or disgusting.

Short story, got depression for x motive, side effect of one pill was exesive hunger.

Got fat and found myself disgusting, been lifting, running, swimming and eating healthy since then.
>>
>>35204518
Thatspecialsweets

She looks almost identical to my old oneitis, except her boobs are slightly bigger
>>
File: 1428500150448.jpg (275 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1428500150448.jpg
275 KB, 1000x1333
>>35191073
This.

I want every girl that looks at me to eye fuck me. I want them to approach me with their dripping wet pussies and randomly invite me home to fuck them. When this happens I can rest.

To be honest, I do already get eye fucked, by maybe 1 out of 10 I pass. I want all the eyes.
>>
>>35195596
How does one get deltoids like Zyzz?
>>
I have goals and stuff but what keeps me on it day to day is autism and anxiety disorder.
No seriously, the defining trait of autism is being self-centered. I think about myself all the time, which often is in the form of thinking about my problems, which makes me really want to not have them.
The other thing is that I'm a little obsessive-compulsive. Now that I'm exercising every day I feel like shit if I skip it or forget.
tl;dr: turn those character flaws into strengths
>>
Lifting heavy ass shit and destroying myself to rebuild is the only way to keep inner demons at bay, and stay focused on a bigger picture.

It isn't motivation for a lot of people, it is an escape
>>
a girl i absolutely loved crushed my hearth, after that i started excersicing, stopped being a beta had loveless relationships that broke the girls heart, my motivation is achieving a body and style that would make that girl regret being my friend
>>
My motivation is staying moderately healthy and being a slut
>>
>>35208135
Go to the mall
And buy some dank ass
G E N E S
E
N
E
S
>>
After 7 years, my motivation is gone.
>>
I can't give you motivation but I can tell you why I lift in the first place
>I want thighs that you can barely even fit into jeans that fit my 29-30in waist
>I want arms that make girls wrap their arms around them at parties
>I want to look BETTER than the greek gods
>I want to look like a fucking man, ripped, shredded, juicy.
>I want to be the model for human aesthetics
>I want to be able to look at another man and make him look like a boy
>I want to be able to intimidate anything and everything around me
>I want to be the man that every man looks up to
>I want to be the man that gets eyefucked every time he has a conversation with anyone.
>>
I just want to fuck girl with big tits, i fuck a lot of qt's with perfect faces but never one with nice and big tits
>>
>>35213496
You know what they say
Be the change you want to see in the world
aka if you want a high test qt you must turn yourself into a high test male first
>and then you shall reap the fruits of labor
>>
>>35190987

No you don't. You need discipline.

You need to understand that training and losing fat - not simply weight - will improve your life. Both your health and your physical appearance will be made better. But only if you make it be.

That's why you need discipline. Motivation might give you that last push out of your comfort zone, but discipline will make sure you don't fall back in.
>>
>>35190987
My best friend is really swole and every time we go to a party, he gets drunk and takes his shirt off, and then literally everyone there starts mirin and hanging around him (especially grills). Normally, he's really modest and introverted, but when he's drunk he screams about how he's immortal and flexs. I want stuff like that to happen to me, I guess deep down I'm a massive attention whore.
>>
>>35190987
It's the only thing that I can do and feel really good about.
It also helps me feel comfortable with myself as a person and helps quiet all of the demons in my head.
Plus, I can at least delude myself into thinking I can pull off the generic superhero build if I work hard enough.
Yeah, sounds crazy but, it's really all I have left.
>>
>>35213574
Lmao as long as he takes his shirt off with an idgaf attitude otherwise he would just look like a thirsty needy ass
Better to just play a strip game at a party or something
>>
I lifted for 'her'.
'She' put on weight whilst I put the hard hours in.
Never use 'her' as a motivation.
>>
File: 1449690524784.jpg (15 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
1449690524784.jpg
15 KB, 324x291
>>35196482
This was fucking great thanks man i needed that laugh
>>
i honestly just want to look like my favorite jojo character.
>>
Guys I need someone to smack me into 12th gear or something. I've been wanting to lift for the past few months. I have a gym membership, but when I have the free time to lift, I don't. I dont procrastinate. I don't turn to something else like vidya. I just go in bed and basically do nothing. What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
>>35216353
Nothing is wrong with you.
It's just not a priority for you.
>>
>>35216353
I would say some form of depression. Not wanting to do anything, lying in bed is a sure sign.
>>
>>35216353
You suck anon we all live the lives we deserve
>>
>tfw lose and regain motivation every week
>>
File: 1429307126922.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1429307126922.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>35196482
Doesn't rhyme, that doesn't sit right with my autism at all

>10% cu ck
>20% shill
15% heavy dead lifts for the grills
>5% high test
>50% tren

100% natty and attracted to men
>>
>>35191084
Stopped reading here because this post is 100% correct and covers everything you need to know. Anybody can get motivated. You can fucking get motivated by watching a movie, listening to music, and looking at memes. But gains don't come from motivation, they come from discipline. Few people are disciplined, and few people are /fit/. That's not a coincidence.
The boring truth is that progress comes from just a few hours a week over the course of several months. Getting all hyped up like you're Shia LeBouf might make you feel good but nobody likes to acknowledge that eating oats and chicken breast 7 times a week is what's going to make an actual difference.
>>
why does everyone need motivation to go to the gym?

I like working out, I go to the gym because it's something I like doing, plus it's a huge mental health booster. It helps tremendously with my anxiety and depression.

If you need motivation to go to the gym, maybe going to the gym isn't your thing. Try yoga, or running, join a rec sport team or something. Weightlifting isn't the only form of exercise.
>>
For me, it was the feminist 'healthy masculinity' idea that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I first learned about it while reading TheRedPill on Reddit (inb4 hurr fedora).

If you don't know what this 'Healthy Masculinity' is, read this:

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/24488/

Before that I had been toying around with lifting (had already read the sticky) but once I read that, I started Stronglifts 5x5, and I also took up Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and MMA.

Another inspiration is this:

If I start now, I can be really happy in a year's time, and I imagined how I could look and feel now if I had started a year ago.

If this still doesn't motivate you, then your only option is to just take that first step by going to the gym, because only you can choose to be motivated.
>>
File: hanshotfirst.gif (418 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
hanshotfirst.gif
418 KB, 500x200
>be at gym
>over hear a personal trainer
>"yeah one of our regulars got shot in the leg by those muslims....he can in to workout today"
>my fucking face when
>NO EXCUSE
>WORK HARDER PUSSY
>>
File: 1448427240692.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1448427240692.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>35218248
>' American society pressures boys and men to adopt” the version that prioritizes “being competitive, stoic and aggressive, for example.” '
>this is literally what women find attractive
>all these feminists blasting that archetype
listening to women, not even once
>>
File: alcoholism.jpg (1 MB, 5126x3716) Image search: [Google]
alcoholism.jpg
1 MB, 5126x3716
My motivation is to stay away from alocohol and to stay sober.
>>
>>35190987
wat
being fit is awesome!
working outs pretty enjoyable too.
good threat!
upniggered
>>
File: 1443728547555.png (139 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1443728547555.png
139 KB, 640x1136
>>35190987
my ex cheated on me with some dude from the gym
I used to go to the gym before that, but now my goal is to become bigger and leaner so that she regrets having done that, and now I have double the motivation I used to have before. Also to attract more grills.
>>
>>35191352
Little dramatic, but very well said and I agree.

I find that whenever life gets tough lifting is a good escape. Allows me something to vent my frustration/anxiety towards. If I'm about to do a heavy ass set there is nothing going through my mind about work or school or life, just me and the weights.
>>
>>35218980

me too nigga. i got yo back!

remember alcohol kills your test and makes you into a woman.
>>
File: Takemastronghand.jpg (70 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
Takemastronghand.jpg
70 KB, 500x275
>>35193772
pic related
>>
>>35196482
underrated post
>>
>>35222012
5 replies is not underrated you stupid fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 375x305
>>35190987
>>
Girl moved over seas, agreed no long distance. She's got a bf now but I want her to see me getting hotter and hotter. And if I ever see her again to know I'm a dedicated mothetfucker who archives goals and is dedicated and is thus deserving of her.

And I decided I was losing my love handles
>>
I want to be a better person every day, I need to constantly improve myself or else i've failed as a person. I'm all about trying to achieve my maximum potential, plus it's fun to be strong as fuck.
>>
>>35204377
Because my wife is having a baby in may and I want to look the best I have ever looked, to.help motivate her to lose the baby weight
>>
>>35213574
>tfw I'm still introverted and socially anxious as fuck when drunk
there's no hope for me
>>
>>35221971
thanks brofessor
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10642377
>Effect of acute postexercise ethanol intoxication on the neuroendocrine response to resistance exercise.
>Concentrations of testosterone, luteinizing hormone, and corticotropin were not affected by either treatment.
>>
I got my biggest gains when my gf cheated on me. Rage is best motivation. Period.

Its hard to stay mad for longer than 6 months though.
>>
Being a soldier is the only job I really ever want to do so I need to get my ass in shape.
>>
>>35191007
This, love going to the gym after a stressful day of class/work.
>>
>>35222917
>>35221971

Actually
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23470309
>Postresistance exercise ethanol ingestion and acute testosterone bioavailability.

Remember, kids, always drink some vodka after your exercise. That's why slavs are so shredded
>>
>>35190987
As a history buff, to become as strong and fit as the ancient warriors and heroes I've read about throughout history. Buff statues like the Greek god's or Bio in Bhuddism. Chinese cartoons like DBZ, Berserk, etc. Being strong enough to ask out fit chicks(feels so damn good and BREHS ) To become the best version of myself.
>>
>>35223980
Meant Nio as in Nio Kongorikishi
>>
>>35191084
Everyone who is thinking about starting their fitness journey should read this first.
>>
>>35200485
All religions are memes Anon.
>>
>>35190987
money is the motivation
>>
>>35221950

Are you from LI?
>>
Rage. And the need to prove that I will not only better off, but I will be better than the rest in every way possible. Pure, fucking, murderous rage.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-12-10-55-11.png (982 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-12-10-55-11.png
982 KB, 1080x1920
>>35221950
>>35225078

Forgot pic but I've literally matched her his girl before.
Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.