[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTTDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: off_my_roof.png (12 KB, 74x68) Image search: [Google]
off_my_roof.png
12 KB, 74x68
QTTDTOT - Questions that don't deserve their own thread (thread)

What's the difference between a pull up and a chin up? Is it just the grip difference? (chin-up overhand, pull up underhand)?

then why are neutral grip pull ups only pull ups? is there more to this movement than just supination?
>>
I'm new to lifting, joined an Olympic weightlifting gym - want to learn the sport

Its been like a month and i still haven't perfected the squat form, needs some tweaking and i think itll be good. Im 6 2 and have gotten more flexible and shit in this time

Is this normal or am i just autistic? I'm not the best at learning new stuff. How long did it take you to learn proper form?

Thanks
>>
>>35153812
Is this buttwink?
Recently fucked up my back through rounding it while squatting/DLing
>>
>>35153812
chin ups are hands facing towards you
pull ups and hands facing away
>>
>>35153908
I've been lifting for 7 months and I'm still working on my squat form

>>35153974
Don't go so deep
>>
When people talk about their 1rm do they refer to bench or overhead press
>>
>>35153812

chin up = more emphasis on biceps (very good exercise for big biceps)
pull up = targets upper back and shoulder more

>>35153908
the "proper form" might be slightly different depending on your body type. Use low weight and try different feet position.
>>
>>35154002

1rm = 1 rep maximum weight.
1rm are pointless though... unless your goal is to see how heavy you can lift until you fuck your shit up. It also promotes using bad form
>>
my antidepressant has killed my libido. anyone else experience this with SSRI's, and what did or didnt help you?
>>
File: 1401232266584.jpg (150 KB, 1200x852) Image search: [Google]
1401232266584.jpg
150 KB, 1200x852
this is more health related but I need answers

I really want to improve my facial skin and make it not appear so dry. I just want my skin to look lush and alive. Any good facial lotion or creams? Or specific types of shower wash to use?

Secondly: I want to get more TAN since I've gotten a lot of feedback when I take my shirt off and before the girls mire, they comment on how pale I am. What is the BEST way to get tan and should I use self-tanning lotion or just normal low-spf lotion?

need help brahs!!!
>>
>>35153812
>QTTDTOT
>questions that that don't their own thread
thanks op, for making the search function useless.

anyways onto my shitty question.. basically uh.. i am a dumb.... i was reading
>>35097949

but i uh.. am not sure where people landed on this?

can you target your inner chest or not?

(pls no response without having read that thread, because everyone's gut reaction is obviously "fuck no!")
>>
Looking into 5/3/1 right now

Are you really only supposed to work on one of the four main lifts every workout?

This is so foreign coming from SL where it's squat every time I go to the gym
>>
>>35154393
evidence suggests no difference in protein synthesis between movements that are reportedly for targeting different areas of the chest (with the exception of a minor difference between the origin of the muscle fibers being from the sternum or clavicle)
>>
>>35154193
>Or specific types of shower wash to use?

Don't put that shit in your face, that's why you're dry. Use only water, preferably cold.
>>
My rutine is push workout, pull workout, leg day. AxBxCxx and repeat. Is it too much to wait a week between repeating workouts?
>>
File: 1442194985098.jpg (92 KB, 426x509) Image search: [Google]
1442194985098.jpg
92 KB, 426x509
>>35153812

Chinup is a pullup variation where your hands are supinated.
This increases the biceps contribution.
If you're training bodyweight, this means your back will be doing a bit less work. However, you will usually be able to do more reps with the chinup, and in the end, the amount of effort your back makes will be basically the same.
If you're doing weighted, you will be able to use heavier weights on the chinup, so the contribution from your back muscles will be around the same.

However, if you're training with something like rock climbing in mind, training the pullup might be more useful.

>>35153974

That looks fine. But it's a bit hard to judge from a static pic.
Stretching the hamstrings and glute muscles usually fixes the buttwink. If you're worried about it, just do stretches during the day and you will most likely be fine.

>>35154002

Every lift has a 1rm, so they can be refering to your squat, deadlift, bench, press, row, C&J, or whatever else.

>>35154133

Talk to your therapist and ask for an alternative. There are many antidepressants nowadays that do not affect the sexual health.

>>35154393

As I said on that thread, yes, you can. However, there's no evidence on how that affects the hypertrophy.

>>35154415

Yes.
But 5/3/1 is an advanced routine. Progression is really slow.
I suggest you look into Texas Method instead, it's an intermediate-level template program and has faster progression.

>>35154718

If you're training 3 days per week, you're much better off doing a fullbody routine. PPL will have you every muscle group only once per week, while fullbody will have you hit all muscle groups 3 times per week.
>>
>>35155008
>>35154393

Oh, and just because we don't have evidence, doesn't mean it doesn't work.
We just don't have enough research on the matter, or proper technology to study this in a viable way.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-05-20-44-22.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-05-20-44-22.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
Hello guys, ive been lifting for some time now,
my stats :
1,95m 92kg

squats: 70kg 3x5
OHP: 52,5kg 3x5
bench: 87,5kg 3x5
deadlift: 152,5 1x5

Right now iam doing p/p/l, and iam eating 2000kcal, including 200proteins. My aim is to lose bodyfat as fast as possible, how much weight do i have to lose to look good? Also should i switch to greyskull lp to better my squat?

Pic is me
>>
>>35153812
I'm 17 and 5'9 I'm fucking dissapointed that I'm a manlet. /fit/ is it possible for me to grow anymore? Also yfw 150 lb bench but 100 lb DLs
>>
>>35155045
Your routine makes it seem like you have skellington legs
>>
>>35155107
Couldnt squat for a long time
>>
>>35155076
Look into hgh
Don't skip leg day
>>
What is the best dumbbell arm workout?
>>
>>35155118
Pick a weight that evens out reps and sets.
Unless you're a cardiofag. Then low weight high reps all day.
Don't forget that everybody's different.
Find what works best for your body type.
>>
>>35155076
how can you NOT deadlift ATLEAST 1pl8?
>>
File: SErx4.jpg (57 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
SErx4.jpg
57 KB, 540x720
>>35155150
Dyel detected
>>
>>35155141

Is it ok if I do 5 sets of 5 repetitions of each exercise (let's say curls, concentration curls, one arm triceps extensions, front raises)?
My biceps are really underdeveloped compared to my triceps and I want tofocus on them and the shoulders.
>>
>>35155161
If you're doing low reps like that I'd recommend going like 60-70% of 1rm strength.
>>
>>35155185

Well, thanks! So /fit/ is useful after all and people here are nice and helpful. who would have thought.
>>
Should I rest on my rest days or do cardio?

Also is cardio natty?
>>
>>35155216
>Also is cardio natty?

Is this sarcasm or do you not understand what natty means?
>>
>>35155220
Can you answer my question before asking your own please
>>
I had a HUGE amount of food in 2 days? How bad is this when cutting? Will it fuck up my progress?
>>
>>35155224
How much did you have in calories?
>>
>>35155223

I don't know the answer to your question but will laugh at you for something else.

In other words, welcome to /fit/.
>>
Can I start with a PPL routine immediately when I start lifting? Or do I "have" to do a beginner routine like SS for a couple of moths first?
>>
>>35155239
It really depends on how active you are.
If you're sedentary, do SS.
If you do a lot if manual labor you can start with just about anything.
Set a per month, 3 month, 6 month, and 1 year goals.
>>
>>35155226
I dont fucking know. Lets see I had some slices of pizza, bbq pork, chicken, a lot of chocolate mini donuts, a bit of scrambled eggs, chocolate milk, pancakes with maple and honey , sausage, rice and probably more. In two days, yeah..
>>
File: 1389901287416.jpg (6 KB, 222x225) Image search: [Google]
1389901287416.jpg
6 KB, 222x225
>>35155250
You could've ate all that in one day and called it a cheat day.
Don't be a whiny faggot.
If you think you ate to much do a fuck ton of cardio the next day.
Dyels these days.
>>
>>35155260
fuck. so i guess everything is fine.
>>
>>35153974
you're leaning forward too much and you have a slight buttwink
maybe its harder for you because you have long les.
>>
File: mette_h_kon_magnus.jpg (112 KB, 1033x1068) Image search: [Google]
mette_h_kon_magnus.jpg
112 KB, 1033x1068
>>35155276
Calories in calories out bro.
Chill out.
>>
>>35155250
If you don't count calories even in the slightest you're never gonna make it.
>>
I've been thinking of trying to make a health general.
Like for injuries, diets, and general health problems while trying to be fit.
Thoughts?
>>
>>35155216
>Should I rest on my rest days or do cardio?
This depends on what your goals are. Trying to lose fat? Definitely cardio.
General health improvement? Cardio.
Trying to do any sort of professional bodybuilding or weight lifting? Don't do worry about it so much.
Training for any sort of sport? Cardio every day.
>>
>>35155216
>>35155223

>Also is cardio natty?
I'm going to assume this isn't bait, and you're just a fucking moron. "Natty" means natural, and when used on this board, refers to people who don't take steroids. So there's no way to answer this question, retard.
>>
>>35155309
I'm trying to cut some fat because I started bulking but gained too much fat too quick.
I think I'm going to cut the next 2 weeks and then keep on bulking but try to eat at a smaller surplus.
But that's not what the cardio is for I'd be doing it either way.

I'm asking because some guys on here said that cardio helps recovery and I was wondering if I should cut out my rest days and just do cardio on those or if that could stunt my recovery.

Generally it's already been proven in studies that you can get up to 39% more muscle growth if you add light cardio after your workout, apparently if you do cardio the blood flow becomes healthier and your muscles are being supplied with more vitamins and shit to grow.
The site I got this from cited a book of Christian von Loeffelholz.

>>35155325
Is that statement natty?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.