[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been doing SL 5x5 for 2 months and have seemed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Method bitch.jpg (76 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
Method bitch.jpg
76 KB, 720x544
So I've been doing SL 5x5 for 2 months and have seemed to stall in my progress. Should I move onto an intermediate program? Does anyone have any experience with the juggernaut method? I've heard it's designed to allow room for conditioning as well as volume and intensity, so it's very well rounded. help /fit/ pls
>>
what does strstd say? Are you intermediate?
>>
deload for a week
>>
>>35137219
If you stall after two fucking months you're either
eating too little
using shit form

Or possibly both
>>
You're in no position to quit after 2 measly months. Work harder, lazyarse. Odds are your form is off, and slightly slimmer odds say it's nutrition or rest.
>>
>>35137219

Another idiot stalling on 5x5.

FUCK 5x5. Most of you phaggots can't handle the volume because you don't eat and recover and don't have the work capacity.

Switch to SS or Greyskull. You'll make the same gains.
>>
If the deload does not work.

Do a Strong lifts- Mad Cow hybrid.

A
Squat
Bench

B
Dead
OH Press

Then later go mad cow.

Then Later Later 5/3/1.
>>
File: 1405060590011s.jpg (3 KB, 94x125) Image search: [Google]
1405060590011s.jpg
3 KB, 94x125
>>35138013
This. Used to do SL and stalled alot especially in those last 2 sets. My sleep was off usually but I couldn't seem to keep it in check getting distracted at night. Went back to SS and progress is actually good.
>>
Take a deload weak, meaning take a week off and continue where you left off. Your CNS may need to heal.
>>
File: trustnobody.jpg (25 KB, 500x443) Image search: [Google]
trustnobody.jpg
25 KB, 500x443
>>35138013
>You'll make the same gains

As in you'll stall as you did in SL? what the fuck are you on nigger?
>>
>>35139506

how heavy did were you going before you switched?
>>
You're meant to switch whatever you're stalling on to 3x5. It's in the fucking program.
>>
>>35139578
Did the program change? As I recall, you're to suffer three deloads on 5x5 (so a total of 9 failed sessions) before you're to switch to 3x5.

Not saying it's not a good idea, though - Take a week off, start again at 3x5, maybe with a small deload (Like one or two sessions worth), and if that doesn't work out and you're not making any gains even then, you should try Texas Method.

Of course, you can do whatever programs you can find in the world, fat fucking lot of good they'll do you if you don't rest or eat enough or eat enough of the stuff you're not supposed to have enough of.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.