[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wlg/ - Weight Loss General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 13
File: weight-loss.jpg (149 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
weight-loss.jpg
149 KB, 1600x1067
How's that weight loss going /fat/?

Personally I'm down 32 kg since January.

Anyone know of any supplements that help with weight loss?
>>
>>35133037
Good on ya, mate. Keep up the hard work!

Downing one or two full glasses of water after a meal usually allows me to eat half the amount I would require to be full normally. It doesn't get you completely full, but with a bit of willpower you can eat way less and still not feel like you're punched in the gut.
>>
>>35133052
You just gotta make sure you get all the nutrients you need, and that you don't eat too little.
>>
>>35133052
I'm already at a 1000 calorie deficit compared to my TDEE and I work out 5 times a week so I can't really do much more than I am in that regard. I could drink more water though I suppose.
>>
>>35133037
Lost 22kg over the last year and can't even be proud because all I did was turn back into a normal person.
>>
File: before and after 2.jpg (281 KB, 2208x1836) Image search: [Google]
before and after 2.jpg
281 KB, 2208x1836
>>35133037
eat chicken

caffeine works great
>>
>>35133129
Already taking caffeine and green tea supplements every morning.
>>
>>35133150
treadmill on incline then
>>
>>35133156
Doing that too actually. Biked 40 min and walked 50 in my training session yesterday. Almost 900 calories burned.
>>
>>35133179
then wtf do you want lol. if you like to get high get some adderol is my only other tip
>>
>>35133190
Just looking for ways to increase my weight loss. Ideally I'd like to be under 100 kg by Jan 1., so I need to lose 3 kg more here in December.
>>
Lost 110lbs since March 1st. My weight loss has plateaued severely and now I can't tell if I should just bulk and lift or keep trying to cut so my love handles disappear

I'm so close to looking great in clothes again
>>
down to 170 from 195 still feels like im the same damn person
>>
>>35133037
Down 22,5 kg since August. Still 17-22 to go depending on how it looks when closing in
>>
>>35133203
Keep cutting or do recomp IMO. A lot of guys here advocate bulking in every situation but I think it's just because they don't like/can't diet. If you start gaining weight at a calorie surplus, you won't lose the fat, you'll just get bigger (and fatter, it won't be all muscle). If your goal is to look good, bulking at your stage will just drag out the amount of time it'll take for you to look good.
>>
>>35133200
Keto. Full srs.
>>
>>35133230
>full retard

fixed that for you
>>
I hate dieting. Im 200lbs but my cutting calories are around 1500kcals/day. Thats why I havent lost any weight, even though I work out 4-6 times a week
>>
File: March 1st to November 16th.png (879 KB, 975x707) Image search: [Google]
March 1st to November 16th.png
879 KB, 975x707
>>35133225
Shit. How exactly do I recomp? I might as well post my progress pic so you can see what I'm dealing with

I only did cardio and dieting, didn't lift at all during my fitness journey
>>
>>35133264
That sounds like a very low deficit especially with working out unless you're 5 feet tall
>>
>>35133252
Alright I'll bite. How is it full retard?
>>
>>35133230
moron
>>
>>35133349
Once again, what's wrong with Keto lol?
>>
forgot about fitness for a few months cause school, put on fat, lifts stalled and some dropped. 165 to 180. Added more cardio, re tightened lifting schedule, cutting down on snacking. Replacing sugar energy drinks with sugar free ones when hanging with the bros.

Counted calories before I changed diet and my sugar intake was through the roof, gradually lowering it. Def feeling withdrawls from sugar, moody af.

Any recommendations for simple, filling, but low calorie meals? Chicken and eggs are gonna get fucking boring fast.
>>
>>35133230
are you epileptic you fat fuck?
>>
>>35133357
wtf is will all this people getting so butthurt over keto? Legit tell me what is wrong with keto lol
>>
>>35133356
>chicken and eggs are gonna get fucking boring fast

welcome to /fit/

only thing I have found that is relatively good and filling is oats in a whole medium tub of greek yogurt. 500-700 calories and holds me for awhile because its just protein out the ass

asking people for simple filling low calorie meals is like asking a girl at the bar if she can be hot, cute, and sexy all at the same time while being able to also cook, clean, be good at sex and have a well paying job. the holy grail that nobody has truly found yet

tl;dr deal with the boring foods if you want to look good nerd
>>
>>35133356
>Any recommendations for simple, filling, but low calorie meals?
cocoa powder
stevia
water

mix to preferred texture and sweetness.

literally the best way to combat sugar cravings
>>
>>35133371
This is not a meal. This is a drink. But good drink alternative though.
>>
>>35133378
drinks become meals in the world of fitness boy

you have much to learn
>>
File: amphetamines-984.jpg (41 KB, 420x279) Image search: [Google]
amphetamines-984.jpg
41 KB, 420x279
>>35133037
SPEEEEED

A friend of mine lost 20kg in few months with speed.
+energy
+awareness
+will to life
-money
-you might get addicted
>>
>>35133391
Yes senpai :(
>>
>>35133369
Hah, true. I've been around the block with fitness. Used to browse /fit/ a fuck lot before a massive wave of r9k came in and shat up the board with 10 high test and 'women have it easy' threads at all times. I've just stalled out and really let myself go for a while.

Usually for cuts, I have one high calorie meal either before or right after my workout, then fill the rest of the day with oats, eggs, chicken, and high fiber bread. Heavy stim preworkout to gut appetite for 8 hours post workout. tends to work well enough.

>>35133371
>>35133391
>drinking sweetened 0 nutrients instead of a chocolate protein shake that tastes the same, but with protein
>calling 0 calories a meal
Breh pls.
>>
>>35133409
i can't curb my appetite which is why I'm stalling so hard. I love the taste of food too much, but the problem is it doesn't even matter the food. I have no problem completely ignoring fast food and sugar/candy, but I can eat 1500calories of chicken no problem in one sitting
>>
>>35133409
>drinking sweetened 0 nutrients instead of a chocolate protein shake that tastes the same, but with protein
>calling 0 calories a meal
Yes.
Cut is cal game desu.
>>
>>35133424
Stimulants, my friend, stimulants. Go get a can of Angel Dust or something. That shit'll gut your appetite right fast.
>>35133429
I know what you're trying to say, and sure, you could call it a meal, but it's really just flavored water. Flavored water isn't a meal.
>>
>>35133433
I'm not going to start doing drugs just to control my fatness. If I don't do it on my own, I haven't learned any true discipline
>>
>>35133433
>Flavored water isn't a meal.
No but it kills hunger without the calorific effects, so it's good enough. My personal favorite is black coffee and codeine.
>>
>>35133037
Wouldn't have a clue what I've lost. Pants are getting looser ( was 34/33 with overhang, now 33 bit too big) but according to the scale I've gained weight. Not paying attention to them any more but am hoping to be a lean 32 by Mid January and 10 - 12% by March.
>>
>>35133442
Personal pride has no place in fitness. Fitness is a means to improve your self esteem, physical prowess, health, and status through whatever means necessary. Taking some stimm heavy pre to assist in appetite reduction won't kill you, it'll probably help out your workouts too.

You might habitually eat, in which case, just breaking out of the habit by whatever means necessary might be a fix, then you can go without just fine. I don't know your condition, but writing off anything without researching or considering it is retarded.

>>35133449
this is true. not calling it bad, i'm sure it's fantastic, but it's not a meal in my book. I just drink whey and water when i get the sugar cravings.
>>
>>35133378
not a drink, because you mix it into a paste.

it comes out like fudge

>>35133409
its called wanting to feel full, even though you hit your protein and calorie requirements, faggot
>>
>>35133516
>not a drink, because you mix it into a paste.
>it comes out like fudge
:D You're just eating chocolate fatty.
>>
>>35133433
>flavored water
no, its watered flavor.

it's basically like a dark chocolate truffle, except with a more intense chocolatey flavor, because its 99.5% cocoa, instead of 80%

only enough water to bind up the cocoa powder.

it should be only enough where it looks like the cocoa powder is going to stay dry, but you keep stirring until the moisture comes back out, and it is exactly like the texture of the truffles you get from trader joe's
>>
>>35133520
exactly, except its got almost no calories...

like 10 calories per tablespoon, and i usually only make 2 tbsp per batch.

so roughly 20 calories, but it feels more decadent than a 440 calorie chocolate bar.
>>
>>35133530
Ok respect.
But it's the small amounts that gives the low calorie count, not the dish. It's just chocolate. With stevia rather than sugar but still just chocolate.
>>
Gone from 115kg to 81kg (6'1) since October 2014. Always still thought I was fat but my abs have started showing recently. Gone from an obese person to someone with abs in about a year, realised that and felt pretty fucking proud of myself. Feels good to not be ashamed of my body.
>>
>>35133538
no, its the fact that there is no cocoa butter or sugar.

cocoa by itself is an incredibly low-calorie food.

and 2tbsp doesn't sound like a lot, but it ends up making as much choco paste to feel like you ate a big-ass bar of chocolate.

i sometimes don't even finish.

so don't get the impression that it is only useful for small portions. it is VERY filling.

the mayans even used cocoa as a provisional replacement for food, brah.
>>
>>35133538
>he thinks it is the cocoa that makes chocolate so caloric
They literally add fat to that shit, It's like eating a stick of butter
>>
>>35133557
Cocoa powder still has a high fat content (my pack says 38 gr pr 100 gr) and a high calorie count in dry form, so it depends on how much you use.
>>35133563
Stop buying low quality garbage you chav. If your chocolate has anything but cocoa fat you should avoid that shit.
>>
>>35133366

Dumbass /fit/izens hate it, but they have no reason to. If you do Keto correct it feels fantastic and the weightloss is basically effortless. Cut down last spring with keto from 95 to around 86-87, with medium effort, took me around 8 weeks
>>
>>35133583
>Cocoa powder still has a high fat content
really?
the macros on the stuff i have is .5g fat/3g carbs/1g protein per tbsp
>>
>>35133601
How processed is your product?
>>
>>35133366
>wtf is will all this people getting so butthurt over keto? Legit tell me what is wrong with keto lol
we hate it because ketards make claims that are not true.

it is not any more effective than any other caloric diet.. and restrictive diets have a tendency not to work.

if you want to not feel hungry, eat more satiating food (including veggies, you carb-hating fagtard)

or join the /intermittentfasting/ masterrace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I016cg8kdh8

also when you get to low bodyfat% you need to eat a loot of carbs to maintain testosterone levels, because endogenous glucose levels will be insufficient
>>
>>35133366
>Legit tell me what is wrong with keto lol
keto was a meme that was shitposted and argued for all the time a couple years ago (it has mostly died down, but you still see it commonly)

it was bunk broscience then, it is bunk broscience now.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234
enjoy feeding the atkins shills
>>
All up I lost 40kg.

It's terribly strange to have people now saying I'm skinny (and in some cases "too skinny").
>>
>>35133611
idk.. all i know is it is half-dutched, and half natural
don't really care because i am not a hippie faggot who is afraid of "processed" foods.

not that i eat mcdonalds or top ramen,, i just like to think i am above uneducated fear mongering
>>
>>35133618
you do realize that intermittent fasting puts you in ketosis, right?
>>
>>35133644
..I am fairly sure that is not correct, and you stay in a metabolic state of glucolysis, but i wouldn't mind being educated to the contrary.

are you sure you're not conflating catabolysis with ketosis?
>>
>>35133642
It wasn't meant as a critisism or hippie faggot bullshit. I was just curious. There are no brands similar to that in my country, so it's interesting. What is the name of the brand?
>>
>>35133644

really, while eating a balanced diet of carbs/fat/protein you'll fall into a mode whereas fat is suddenly made the preferential fuel for the body, even though fat isn't abundant in the diet.
>>
File: cFgt6cT.jpg (68 KB, 488x272) Image search: [Google]
cFgt6cT.jpg
68 KB, 488x272
In total im down around 14 kg now not counting the gains of some muscle mass. Going to 8 percent, löst 3,8 kg in the last 4 weeks
>>
File: cocoa powder.jpg (238 KB, 1552x1600) Image search: [Google]
cocoa powder.jpg
238 KB, 1552x1600
>>35133659
well the once i cited was hershey's special dark blend, which i only bought because i like my dark chocolate extra-extra dark.

pic related is what i get when dark cocoa isn't for sale.. the macros are pretty much the same.
>>
>>35133687
>going to 8 percent
make sure not too eat too much protein!!!

that is the number 1 mistake made by people looking to get that lean.

first of all, the .82g/lb is already rounded up, and you probably only need as little as .64g/lb
http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

so you really only need .75g - .8g and even then that is only to be on the safe side.

the rest should come from fats and carbs.

normally you want to avoid saturated fatty acids, but since your body is going to be deficient in fat, you are going to want them above PUFAs and MUFAs (bodyfat is saturated fatty acids, if you don't have enough endogenously, you need to source them exogenously)

carbs are also crucial to testosterone function, and again, if your body is deficient in endogenous carbs (normally made from bodyfat via gluconeogenesis), it is going to rob your glycogen reserves, and once those are gone, your testosterone levels will plummet.

its ironic because low test levels can cause muscle mass to decrease, causing people to eat more protein (in an attempt to reduce protein breakdown and increase protein anabolism), which causes their test to drop, causing idiots like jason blaha to think it's impossible to be lean and natty.

make sure you eat enough fats and carbs, brah
http://www.anabolicmen.com/carbohydrates-testosterone/
http://www.anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/

also check out kinobody's stuff.
he is the only natty who is lean (under 8%) year round, and maintains muscle mass
>>
>>35133690
Ok thanks.
>>
>>35133718
Thats just plain wrong. Those studies werent Made with a high deficit and even then those are average. This is why Eric Helms and lyle McDonald advocate going up to 2,7 gr of Protein per kg depending on the deficit. I get enough fats for the basics (44gr)and some carbs due to fibre mainly (80gr).
By the way the effect of higher carbs vs higher fats on testosterone and muscle mass is offset due to the fact that with Minimum needed fats and more carbs you get better Training and muscle regeneration thats why for short periods of dieting times this is better for Holding lbm. Read Helms, Schoenfeld and Aragon : recommendation for Natural bodybuilders contest prep diet and Training. You Can find it on Research gate
>>
>>35134007
>high deficit
that would just exacerbate the hormonal dysfunction
you should be eating very close to maintenance at low bodyfat

now as far as a calorie deficit affecting protein breakdown, or protein anabolism..

well that is kinda true, but not nearly to the extent you think it is, .82g is more than sufficient

>A final objection that is often heard is that these values may be true during bulking or maintenance periods, but cutting requires more protein to maintain muscle mass. Walberg et al. (1988) studied cutting weightlifters and they still found 0.73g/lb was sufficient to maintain lean body mass.

also you NEED lots of fats and carbs to maintain a low bodyfat without your hormones crashing, anything you have heard to the contrary wasn't for 8% bodyfat or under, because you have sufficient endogenous sources of these things to maintain proper hormone function
>>
>>35134007
>This is why Eric Helms and lyle McDonald advocate going up to 2,7 gr of Protein per kg
no they advocate that because they are fucktard broscientists.

there is no change in body composition beyond .64g/lb
round that up by two standard deviations, and you get .82g/lb

i.e. more protein than anyone will ever need ever.
>>
>>35134800
>you should be eating very close to maintenance at low bodyfat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWR5-weBBTQ
>>
What are the best fiber supps? Cheap preferably
I doubt it, but i could be holding onto a couple kilos of crap
Also what are the best things to make stretchmarks less visible, and is it possible to make it more difficult to feel(Raise/flatten) them? Having a bunch of grooves all over my body feels pretty shitty
>>
>>35133718
>make sure you eat enough fats and carbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg97GY2EkDA

this fag got dexa scanned at 6.6% bodyfat, and he says the most important thing to maintain hormones at lean bodyfat is carbs and fats, that video talks about it.

he mentions it around 2 mins in
>>
>>35134855
>What are the best fiber supps? Cheap preferably
psyllium husk is what i use.
idk if it is the cheapest, but its cheap enough to where my broke-ass uses it.

i dump as much as i can tolerate in protein shakes (not much flavor, but the texture is funny), i can tolerate a lot of it in my greek yogurt as well.

as far as stretchmarks, time is the best thing for that
>>
on another cut after a small bulk (10lbs)

anyone saying bulking is hard needs to shut the fuck up. cutting takes DISCIPLINE, any idiot can eat like a pig.
>>
I'm probably the only 110 pound manlet in this thread.
>>
>don't try to cut
>weight stays at 210
>try to cut, immediate fuck up
>gain 3lbs within a week

Suicide is actually a reasonable option
>>
>>35134878
any idiot can gain and lose weight. what takes discipline is counting macros every day, and if you can do that it doesn't matter if you're cutting or bulking.
>>
>>35134899

but it's very easy to fuck up a cut. going above TDEE is easy. one mistake in nutrition and you just fucked your daily progress, when cutting.
>>
>>35134889
Hello 110 pund manlet. I'm a 104 pund manlet myself. May I ask why you're reading a weight-loss thread?
>>
>>35134899
Any idiot can count macros every day.

What takes discipline is counting macros and keeping your micros in check every day.

>I'm on a board full of IIFYM-practicing retards
>>
>>35134908
my point is it's very easy to eat very little or a lot, but both of those options are usually pretty bad. if you starve yourself you'll lose a lot of muscle mass. if you stuff a bunch of food down your throat every day you'll gain an unnecessary amount of fat. both these things can be done by basically anyone, though.

what's hard is following a plan every day, making sure you eat the correct amount of calories and the correct macros. if you can do that it doesn't really matter if you're cutting or bulking.
>>
>>35134911
Hello 104 pound manlet. I'm just a wanderer. Accidentally came here but stayed to see people's struggles and approaches to something I maintain year-round (not that I should be super proud of it or anything - I'm just a heavy cardio guy).

Same question to you.
>>
>>35133037
>How's that weight loss going /fat/?
I'm down from 85.6 to 77.8 since September. I like taking it easy when it comes down to losing fat.
>>
question

how low under maintenance can you go while minimizing muscle loss? not trying to starve or w/e but people say -500 is ok, what if you had less one day?

if you get your protein in, does it matter? whats ideal?
>>
>>35134970
I'm currently doing PSMF which is basically just your LBM*1.25 in grams of protein and very little/no carbs and fat. I'm only two weeks (out of a planned 3 weeks) in, but so far so good. lifts are fairly stable which suggests I'm not losing much LBM.
>>
>>35134944
And about the same answer back. And yeah, cardio. Was hoping to give some tips if people needed it.
>>
>>35134890
its because you are thinking about the fact you are dieting 24/7

if you get your mind off food, its infinitely easier
>>
>>35134924
as long as you get your fiber from fruits and veggies, tracking your macros is sufficient.. you should supp anyways though
>>
>>35133037
Currently 193 down from 234. I still got a lot left to lose though.
>>
>>35134999
How many calories do you eat on off days compared to cardio days and what does your cardio look like? I'm doing 1100-1200 all-around and stair-running 3 days a week.
>>
>>35133203
Try eating like a fatass for a while, i've hit a plateau before and helped me get over it for whatever reason.
>>
>>35135037
cortisol levels.. metabolic adaptation.. one of a plethora of other reaons...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOHdUNdg7x4

i cut on 1800 but i refeed at 2200 (100 under my pre-exercise maintenance) every 4th day, and have had great results... but idk if my broscience applies to you
>>
Down from 195 to 155, started losing right after Easter this year. Getting completely rid of this stomach and love handles is a fucking bitch though, between a 32 and 33 waist right now, 32 1/2 I guess.

I'm not really sure where I should stop, I want a flat stomach but not i'm so unsure how to get it.
>>
>>35133150
>>35133037
how many calories does green tea and caffiene burn?
>>
>>35133110

I'm proud of you bitch.
>>
>>35135107
they suppress appetite so you feel satiety on less calories, and can go longer without eating.
don't pretend that doesn't help maintain a caloric deficit, retard
>>
>>35135107
Both coffee and tea are amazing for sating hunger.
>>
>>35133037
Supplements that help with weight loss?

Yeah, it's called exercise.
>>
>>35135184
Already doing that mate but thanks for your invaluable contribution.
>>
Okay, friends. Story time.

>be me
>6th grade
>normal kid, good grades, practicing soccer, having a really good time with girls
>start to slowly give up on soccer but still continue to exercise.
>start swimming that have always been one of my passions.
>get to 9th grade and fail. young kid, thinking he was funny as shit, being the youngest in the class, having to find a way to get accepted.
>by the time I fail, I went from standing 1.50m and weighting 45kg to 1.70m to weighting 85kg.
>start losing motivation to do anything
>start getting called fat and do nothing about it to change it
>years pass and I finish university, graduating in Journalism.
>realize that i wont be able to find a job in tv because i look like a fat pig.
>still do nothing about it cause there's radio and newspapers. and there's also the internet
>go on radio stations for interviews in Sep. 2015
>get sent home
>"You're still too fat to sit behind a microphone"
>damson.jpg
>fast forward to this past April
>itclicks.jpg
>I have to do something about this shit, i think
>get a gym membership.
>weight at the beginning: 130kg, around 35% body fat
>allofmywut.jpg
>this is bad, says PT, but it can be fixed
>fast forward to now
>weighting 88kg, standing 1.80kg, 23% body fat.
>feelsgoodman.jpg

>pic related, me and my PT. May 2015/Sept.2015
>>
if you want supps, DNP is supposed to help but..

i can't really comment much on it, i have only researched it tenuously and found a bunch of conflicting info.

some people say there is dose-independent danger, and it is the devil incarnate and it wants to kill you and murder your family.

some people say its totes safe, no harm at all, as long as you don't overdose.

obviously the truth is probably somewhere in between, i just was too lazy to figure where exactly on that spectrum it lays
>>
>>35135034
The same. Are you me?
>>
>>35135211
Good work, desu! Keep it up. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>35135211
Your PT has a shit-eating grin anon.
>>
>>35135437
because some dumb-ass fatty is paying him for literally no reason
>>
>>35135444
Good point.
>>
When I go to the gym, I'm only really weight lifting or stretching as of late, with perhaps a 10 minute or so spat of boxing. I'm at the gym for maybe an hour or so, 3-4 times a week. I don't feel like this is doing anything, especially with such a cardio deficit, and my stomach still looks gross after all the weight gain. Should I up the cardio?
>>
>Eat at the same time, weight myself at the same time
>Weight never fluctuates more them 500 gram during a cut
>Finished a cut
>2 days off the 500cal deficit, eating at supposed maintenance
>Gain 1.5kg
wat
>>
>>35135504
Did you eat salty shit and drink lots of water?
>>
>>35135582
not really, ate the same food in slightly larger quantity, and drink the same 8 cups
>>
>>35135444
No longer paying him. I stopped paying him last month. I feel like I can do it on my own now. When I started though, I had no idea where to start, how to work out, how to eat... It was helpful.
>>
My god Sardines are fucking great. I regret not integrating these into my diet sooner.
>>
>>35133037
Is it ok to do Lyle McDonalds' PSMF diet if I'm not overweight or in competition?
>>
File: 20151203_182037-1.jpg (3 MB, 1792x2791) Image search: [Google]
20151203_182037-1.jpg
3 MB, 1792x2791
Been losing weight since august and in currently 182 lbs down from 238 lbs. I just got my bf% checked and apparently I'm at 17% with 156 lbs of lbm which isn't too bad considering last time I got checked I was 214 lbs at 29% with 150 lbs of lbm.

I've been on a very low calorie diet while trying to maintain my .8 grams of protein per lbs of body weight mixed with doing a ec stack but I'm going to take the next few weeks to eat closer to maintenance and try to get my body to re adjust as I feel like I'm starting to stall.

As for exercise , I lift ever other day and do cardio on the days in between with Sundays as my rest days. On cardio days I do 5km of Hiit which takes me about 27 minutes and then I row for another 12-15 minutes.
Lifting wise I'm doing SL and my lifts for 5x5 goes as;
Ohp: 32kg
Bench: 60kg
Squat: 100kg
Deadlift: 90kg

Yeah I know my body is still going to look like shit when I get down to 10% bf but I would rather try and bulk from that than stay a fatty
>>
>>35136004
Please tell me that tattoo is ironic.
>>
>>35136004
How many kcal do you mean by very low calorie diet? Probably that's your problem.
>>
Cant remember what its called but there is a service that is meant to check your body that comes to the gym every couple months, i think it checks body fat and other things for about 30-60 dollars
What usually happens during this procedure, and what is the difference between doing it at the gym and at their official location?
>>
>>35136004
>Squat: 100kg
>Deadlift: 90kg
LOWER FAGGOT.
>>
>>35136004
Tattoos a shit
Hestia a shit
>>
>>35136004
Nice squats. Keep at it
>>
Starting losing weight properly finally and i think i lost like 2,5 kg in a week. Shit's crazy fast.

Last saturday 124.8 kg and today 122,5

Is it dangerous to lose weight that quick?
>>
>>35136291
If you're too fat you'll lose weight that fast, but check your diet anyways, you shouldn't be starving.
>>
>>35136096
I average about 1100 kcal a day. It was working good for a while but that why I'm going to eat at maintenance for the next few weeks.
I'm 6 foot btw.

>>35136178
Only thing I hate about my tattoo is all the normies that try to strike up a chat with me about zelda.
P.s Hestia is bestia, you're a shit.
>>
>>35136143
I tore a muscle in my lower back during high school so I have to take it slow with deadlifts.
>>
Well I'm down to 217 from 235 in the beginning of October. I have been stuck at 219 for like 3 weeks though even though I've been counting everything I eat (Including a bite or sip of anything). I was pretty sedentary during that time though and once I got back into my jogging the weight loss is finally picking back up. I guess 1500 cal a day is enough to maintain 219 lbs on a small framed 5'10" man.
>>
>>35136316
Oh okay.

I'm not starving so that's cool
>>
>>35133356
Try cooking your chicken like this: fry a few slices of centercut bacon in a pan without oil, let the bacon grease coat the pan. Then cook your chicken and vegetables with the leftover grease. Makes everything taste bacon-y, and you don't have to waste any more calories on extra cooking oil for the chicken. Just had that for lunch = 220 cal.
>>
>>35133060
>muh starvation mode
>>
>>35133037
been slacking on the cut lately and just maintaining 160-165 (somewhere between 10-15% body fat ish) down from 225, but now i'm going back in with a vengeance and a goal of 140 lbs/ 8%bf
>>
Just lost 900gr last week, i dont know if i will lose weight this week, didnt do any exercise, with all the finals and shit im barely making my macros, but once im out of this, im gonna go full commitment and return to the gym, maybe sounds cliche but i will. im 251lb down from 383lb btw.
>>
>>35133523
Just tried this, thanks for the tip. It really does taste like those Trader Joes truffles, I love those.
>>
>>35136537
Good job anon keep going btw, we all gonna make it bro
>>
>>35133401

>few months of speed
>you might get addicted

That's a gamble if i've ever seen one
>>
>have appendicitis
>lost 3 lbs over night
Who knows how much I am going to lose after surgery, not looking forward to it.
>>
>>35133629
>CONCLUSION: Isocaloric VLCARB results in similar fat loss than diets low in saturated fat, but are more effective in improving triacylglycerols, HDL-C, fasting and post prandial glucose and insulin concentrations. VLCARB may be useful in the short-term management of subjects with insulin resistance and hypertriacylglycerolemia

>more effective...at fasting

Anyone who's not a retard knows you lose the same amount of weight with the same deficit, but your very own source supports that keto does aid in killing cravings, which is the main reason for choosing this diet among non retards.
>>
File: E2_tofu.jpg (47 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
E2_tofu.jpg
47 KB, 600x450
>>35133037
>went from 265 poons to 221 after an 18 month cut
>back up to 255 but look way better. More muscular, decent ass, look good in clothes.

Sooo yeah still fat. I'm basically a walking rectangular prism so any fat I gain instantly shows. People still mire. You don't need to look that good to get mires.
>>
File: image.jpg (774 KB, 2448x1999) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
774 KB, 2448x1999
former obese teenager wondering how much more I need to cut. Down to 172 lbs from 276.

also should I still have such bad man tits at this weight?
>>
>>35138823
You need to start lifting bro. The odd fat will level itself out when you manage to build something on that semi skellie body of yours.
>>
Other uni students, past or present, what do you advise for losing weight. Schedule is packed and part of opera and choir, so I can't start an extreme training regiment, but I need to cut back on intake. I cut carbonated drinks out completely, but I can't manage through a rehearsal without carbs.

What can I do
>>
>>35139007
intermittent fasting, at first it might be rough but your body gets used to it pretty quickly
>>
>>35139007
>but I can't manage through a rehearsal without carbs.
Why?
good macros and TDEE.
>>
Still cutting. Was skinnyfat 85kg / 26% fat, now 65kg / 16%.

I'd like to reach 10-12% bf before I focus more on physical training but I've no idea when that'll happen. Progress has really, really slowed down lately in both weight loss and training.

Any suggestions? At this point im thinking of still decreasing food intake (tdee 1900, eating 1200-1300)
>>
>>35138823
Mirin' hourglass figure bro.
But seriously I have a similar body shape and once I finally get my license after all these years I will lift.
Take zinc for the skin gains and cum gains too.
>>
>>35138823
YOUR FACE IS AMAZING, I bet you can notice the ladies attention now right?
(your body doesn't look very sexy tho, but just keep going and lift weights, it will even out in time)
>>
>>35138823
Legit model face potential

Keep going
>>
>>35141330
>>35141338
His face is really really average.
I really don't know if you are samefagging or not.
>>
Started at 250lbs at 5'8, after about 3 weeks of eating at a deficit and about 2 of those of aimlessly moving about in a gym I'm down about 10 pounds. Does that seem like good progress for 3 weeks? I know its too early to see results but I'm feeling a little better, like I've got some more energy to spend.
>>
>>35141338

don't see the model potential at all

wtf u guys talkin about.

average as fuk senpai.
>>
>>35133644
Not to get all nit picky but ketosis is not binary, it's a matter of degree. We might not all piss positive for ketones, but we all are in ketosis right now. It's a matter of degree.
>>
>>35142331
>not pissing positive for Carboxilic acids
It's like you don't even want to make it.
>>
>tfw hovering around 220 for last 2 months
kill me
>>
Why dont all of you retards just use dnp? I went from 15.5% bf to 10% in 19 days
>>
>>35142933
Which btw would take like fucking 4 months natty. Such a waste of fucking time. Been done with my cut for around three weeks now, whereas natty i would be cutting for another fucking three months instead of bulking again
>>
I was 280+ at the beginning of October. Now I'm about 258. I lost all 22 pounds without really dieting or exercising at all. Now the past week I was counting calories and I did 4 1.5 hour workouts and I didn't lose a damn pound. Idk what gives. Gonna keep at it and hope I see some loss after a few more weeks.

I'm really new to diet and exercise so I kind of have no fucking idea what I'm doing really.
>>
File: Current Progress 2.jpg (173 KB, 1200x731) Image search: [Google]
Current Progress 2.jpg
173 KB, 1200x731
6'4"

Down to 193 from 260 in january.

Headed for 185. need to do another progress it has been almost 10 lbs since my last photo.
>>
File: lmaonogains.jpg (402 KB, 1920x896) Image search: [Google]
lmaonogains.jpg
402 KB, 1920x896
Repost, I fucked up the dates and the second picture's weight.

6'3" and I've got along way left to go brehs.
>>
File: 20151204_113638.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151204_113638.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
20 ninjas to go
>>
>>35143115

>headed for 185
>6'4"

the only place you are headed for is auschwitz
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.