[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Squat form check
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Hey /fit/, what's wrong with my squats and how can I fix it? The video doesn't show but my knees buckle in a little. It's a hybrid squat with 2pl8 + 3 kg on each side.

https://youtu.be/9IaE7jzt1Yo
>>
>>35121119
Seems like you're struggling to keep 3 points of contact. Your toes aren't allowed to leave the floor.
>>
Doesn't look too bad, if your knees are buckling just go lighter until you can do a few without them buckling. Also try to keep your core as tight as possible through the motion and avoid your chest dipping at the bottom. Keep your shoulders up and try pushing up through your hips and less with your knees.
>>
>>35121144
By pushing through my hips do you mean like breaking from the hips and tracking my butt back instead of my knees forward? Also how do I stop dipping my chest? Is looking up a good solution?
>>
>>35121130
Sorry, I didn't understand well, what do you mean by 3 points of contact?
>>
>>35121119
You lose tightness in the hole. Cut some depth or get a pair of heeled shoes. And improve bracing. And improve mobility
>>
>>35121119
>focus your eyesight on the floor 8-10 feet in front of you during the motion
>chest up
>hips rising faster than your upper body so you lean forward on your way up, tighten your core and focus on lifting both your hips and your entire upper body with your hip drive
>>
Can I post mine too?
I squatted 1pl8 for the first time, this is my third set out of 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h92oGVJcng
>>
>>35121186
retract your memeula to keep your chest forward, and pushing with your hips is just hip drive. little hard to describe other than move your literal ass and hips upwards.
>>
Straighten your back
>>
>>35121707
You could and should go lower, do some hip/glute mobility exercises. Also post above applies to you as well.
>>
>>35121707
Not going low enough
Straighten your back
Deload and try again with proper form
>>
>>35121707
Also, lower the pegs in the rack by a notch, they're too high; you should be able to rack it without any trouble.
>>
>>35121707
You need to go lower, also you do that thing I used to where at the bottom to get to depth you drop your torso furthur rather than going lower and when that happens your squat turns into a good morning which is not good
>>
Do not tuck at the bottom faggot, you're going to fuck yourself up> either buy proper shoes, widen your stance, or squat to only parallel, but when you squat like you are now you release all the tension from your quads, glutes, hams, and put it all on your vulnerable measly spine. refer to pic. flexion is BAD.
>>
Keep chest up
Use hip drive
Keep feet firmly planted

Descent looks ok, not great but definitely better than the ascent
>>
Should I work hard on my mobility or buy shoes and go full high bar ATG? I can't avoid having my torso go forward on ATG high bar.
>>
>>35123552
Mobility
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFAL55W7sFI

Is my buttwink problematic brehs?
>>
>>35123596

>that body
>3pl8 squad

friendly reminder that it doesent fucking matter how much you squat if you want to look good
>>
>>35123565
Is molding mobility a good mobility program? Can I ATG highbar without oly shoes?
>>
>>35121774
>>35121777
>>35121787
>>35121827
Thanks all
>>
>>35123668
reminder that confident people don't necessarily care
>>
File: squat.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
squat.webm
3 MB, 640x360
is this low enough?
>>
>>35124055
I was always taught to go about 90 degrees or more, so yeah i'd say so
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.