[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do fat people who complain about not being able to lose weight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11
File: afduhohfd.jpg (7 KB, 300x204) Image search: [Google]
afduhohfd.jpg
7 KB, 300x204
why do fat people who complain about not being able to lose weight not understand thermodynamics? If you burn more calories than you take in, you will, BY DEFINITION, lose mass. Thus becoming skinnier.
>>
>>35120316
Because blaming anything else is much easier than accepting that they are fat fucking failures and a disgrace
>>
but dave asprey said all you have to worry about is inflamation and to just eat butter to lose weight
>>
That requires taking responsibility for their actions and we know Americans hate doing that.
>>
File: muh condishuns.png (115 KB, 1126x817) Image search: [Google]
muh condishuns.png
115 KB, 1126x817
because they are literally delusional.

Being fat and staying fat is a mix of bad parenting, groupthink, delusion, lack of da disparine, and stupidity.
>>
I've been eating at a 1000cal deficit for 2 months and havn't lost a kilo so my experience says you're wrong
>>
>>35120419
>No you haven't
>>
File: this is you, fatty.png (342 KB, 921x741) Image search: [Google]
this is you, fatty.png
342 KB, 921x741
>>35120419
what is water retention?
you don't know your cortisol, potassium and sodium levels

you cannot eat at a deficit and not lose either lbm, bodyfat, or both.
PIC fucking RELATED
metabolic adaptation is a thing too...
>>
>>35120419
Well my experience says you're a fatty who should get off this board.
>>
>>35120416
>Being fat and staying fat is a mix of bad parenting, groupthink, delusion, lack of da disparine, and stupidity.

Honestly, bad parenting is the major one of those and more or less leads to all the others.
>>
>>35120419
Weird. I've been doing the exact same thing for the same amount of time and I've lost about 17 pounds.
>>
>>35120441
Yes I have m8. 6'6", 130kg sedentary lifestyle. Been eating 1500 calories a day, every cal counted. No weight loss. The idea that a simple cal deficit will always result in weight loss is wrong. The body can adjust its metablism and work off lower amounts of energy instead of burning fat
>>
>>35120451
Yeah. Then my parents wonder why I despise them as an adult.
'
350 -> 220, recruiter says I have 20-30 lbs to go, can't fucking wait.

sry for blog
>>
>>35120459
Kill yourself you retarded sack of shit
>>
we get it

fat people are stupid and lazy

fat people are also the opposite of fitness related so do we really need these autistic ass threads all the time

at least stick to your containment thread ffs
>>
>>35120459

You're either lying or have an undiagnosed thyroid disorder. Go to a doctor.
>>
>>35120473
Baby upset because I proved your precious theory wrong?
>>
File: Fat-flux-5-645x440.jpg (73 KB, 645x440) Image search: [Google]
Fat-flux-5-645x440.jpg
73 KB, 645x440
I used to think just like you and rant and rave the way that you do, then I learned more, now I am ashamed of being so head strong and cock-sure, or was it cock-strong and headsure??

Why is Bill Gates so rich? Its because he EARNS MORE THAN HE SPENDS, therefore his bank account "fattens up". There is something missing here right? More factors at play?

>while caloric deficit is a useful tool, it is not the complete story
>nobody is denying the first law of thermodynamics
>so put down your ti-83 you little engineering bitch
>we must look at what actually happens to a calorie when put into the system
>what about the effects of the microbiom? Hormonal states? Is this shit too much for you? Dont like to hear what you dont already understand?
>are fatties fat simply because the eat to much? move too little?
>why do the eat so much?
>why do they move so little?

We are talking about the human body, the most complex machinery in the known universe, and seldom do our dumb ass first answers ever hold up under a closer scrutiny. You are repeating what you heard from a guy, who heard from another chap, who didn't consider this complexity.
>>
>>35120585
Yeah. Physics fags think they have a grasp on biology for some reason
>>
>>35120585
>Kinesiologists think they can meme thermodynamics away
top kek
>>
>>35120610
Who you calling a Kinesiologist? You filthy massage therapist!
>>
>>35120459
>The body can adjust its metablism and work off lower amounts of energy instead of burning fat
So calories out for you is low because you're a lazy sack of shit. How about you move once in a while so your body has to use energy?
>>
>>35120585
>fallacy
>appealing to complex systems and how it can devalue an argument for being simple

fat deposition is hormonal, but what regulates the hormones is exercise and a healthy diet. You cannot metabolize something into fat when you dont eat anything to be metabolized.
>>
File: argument_fallacies.jpg (75 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
argument_fallacies.jpg
75 KB, 700x467
>>35120755
Fallacy not present

I made no argument old sport, I am pointing to the fact that we need more facts. Maybe what we know is all wrong, or incomplete.
>>
>>35120834
We know beyond any doubt that eating less and moving more will eventually lead to weight loss.
>>
>Fat people are dumb and lazy
>Just eat less and move more hurr

If you have never been overweight for a long time (like at least +25-30 lbs), lost the weight, and managed to keep it off for at least a year then you don't have a right to claim "fat people r lazy xD". They just don't have the genetics to tolerate the high carbohydrate, high sugar diet that many thin people can get away with eating and that is pushed by America and big food industry. They probably have insulin resistance and the solution to this is to eat a low carb high fat diet which will keep their insulin and blood sugar low and help them access the millions of calories in their fat cells, thus they can lose weight. Semi starving yourself is not a viable long term solution for weight loss, especially when you tell people to exercise on top of it (exercise makes you hungrier as your body will always try to maintain homeostasis). Unfortunately the fact that most nutrition scientists are on the payroll of Coke or some big food company means that a lot of people will dismiss what I'm saying as quack science even though every clinical trial and about a 150 year history of low carb diets being successful says other wise. I was in your shoes, cut the carbs.

tl;dr - Fat people should drastically lower their carbs (closer to 0 the more effective) and replace them with fat for the calories. Don't try to force calorie restriction, it is not effective. Instead try to control your insulin levels (primary fat storage hormone) and keep them low so that you can burn your fat cells for energy.
>>
>>35121015
keto shill pls leave
>>
>>35121015
Lost 60 lbs in a year, did it by taking calories and exercising. I've been slowly bulking back up to build muscle, but the fat is staying off.
So imma just say keto isn't necessary, just some self discipline.
>>
>>35121084
Keto isn't necessary (for everyone), but lowering carbs in some form is. Most people don't realize that when you greatly restrict calories, you greatly restrict carbohydrates as well. If you eat typical SAD foods cutting out all or most of the fat calories generally won't lead to a big calorie restriction. Most people who (successfully diet without going low carb) eat lower carbohydrate sources of food and less refined carbs. Like they cut out soda, sweets and replace them with fruit and veggies and stuff like that.
>>
File: 1427721986758.png (100 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
1427721986758.png
100 KB, 625x415
>>35120316
Don't mind me, I'm just posting a better corrected version of that pic in a desperate attempt to educate fucking bigots and trolls on this board
>>
>>35120585
Yeah and that's lovely, all of those factors will affect how much energy the system uses and how it metabolizes them. But at the end of the day the system is STILL bound to the law of the conservation of energy. it doesn't matter how many other factors are there, if the energy into the system is greater than energy out of the system, energy is being conserved. And in the body the energy will be conserved as fat.
>>
>>35120459
your 130kg
your doing something wrong
calories in and out does work period
do you weigh your food your portion control is probably way out
>>
>>35120722
>>35120527
>>35120473
>>35122523
not >>35120459 here, still having similar experiences. Not overweight btw (183 cm x 85 kg, something something ottermode); when winter approaches, I always put on some kg; when summer approaches, I always lose some kg. This is true no matter what; in summer I can eat like a fucking whale and still I can barely maintain my mass (I can barely prevent the body to go lower than 82 kg), in winter @ 1500 kcal + gym 4 times/week = 86 or 87, peaks at 88 kg. I can reach 92 kg in a week if I dare to eat like in summer.
Yes, I weight my food. Yes, I keep track of it accurately with MFP and no, I don't cheat. I actually cheat in the opposite sense, I don't count kcal lost with exercise.
No, I don't have any allergies or thyroid or similar shit, I'm totally sane, my test is high and I get my blood tested every year. Everything is normal.
>>
File: 1447398010656.jpg (134 KB, 1076x1300) Image search: [Google]
1447398010656.jpg
134 KB, 1076x1300
>>35120316
I was the opposite when i was younger. Basically I barely digested my food. I would shit what i ate in about 3-4 hours. So i stayed a skeleton. 6'1 and 65 kilos. As i got older i slowly managed to gain weight and now i'm at a rather happy 100 kilos.
>>
>>35122567
do you find that in the summer you are outside more in the park exc

and in the winter you are inside on your ass and taking the car.
>>
>>35120419
>I've been eating at a 1000cal deficit for 2 months and havn't lost a kilo
>1000cal deficit
>1kcal deficit
top kek
at that rate you'll lose a pound in 10 years
>>
>>35122621
there's some truth in it, but in summer I hit the gym waaaaay less (like 2 times/week). For ~three weeks I skip gym entirely (in those weeks I go to swim every other day thou).

Probably I should consider to buy one of those fitbit botnets to draw some detailed conclusions; I believe that there's some hormonal shit kicking in though, some primordial body instinct to store fat for winter and get ripped and fuck bitches in summer
>>
>>35122609
>rather happy 100 kilos
>6'1 aka 185 cm
you're almost obese, are you happy because you accepted that?
>>
>>35120316
>If you burn more calories than you take in, you will, BY DEFINITION, lose mass.
While this is indeed the case most of the time, it's not actually 100% true. You see, mass and energy don't always correlate.
To illustrate this, consider the following:

1 gram of fat = 9 calories.
1 gram of protein = 4 calories.

If you lose a certain amount of fat and build a similar amount of protein, your weight will remain constant but you will have lost 5 calories. Therefore, it is in fact possible to remain at the same weight even if you are eating at a deficit.
Add to that, the fact that your body can store fluids that contain zero energy but does weigh something.

That being said, for all practical intents and purposes, yes, burning more calories than you take in will make you lose weight.
>>
ITT: not making it general
>>
File: ENjmI20[1].jpg (75 KB, 499x572) Image search: [Google]
ENjmI20[1].jpg
75 KB, 499x572
>>
>>35122296
I smiled a little, so I'll give you a (You). It's like getting an upvote on 4chan :)
>>
>>35122997
All that means is that you should rely more on a mirror and less on a scale, because if you're decently American fat, you're talking about losing at least 20,000 grams or 100,000 calories. Is your "technically right" attitude something you brought with you from reddit? Because it's really obnoxious desu senpai baka.
>>
>>35120416
Anyone else love reading her story?
>>
>>35120419
Eat at a 2000kcal deficit then.

Or as these wheybrains say, "lower, faggot"
>>
>>35123085
Well I agree, but then OP shouldn't say BY DEFINITION.
>>
>>35120316
Because they feel insulted that you think it's that simple. They know that if it really was that simple, then you would need to be pathetic to be unable to lose weight. Which they are.

So they are left with two choices... Either accept that they are pathetic. Or deny the facts.
>>
File: 1423138012619.jpg (95 KB, 330x357) Image search: [Google]
1423138012619.jpg
95 KB, 330x357
>>35120416
I'm fucking mad
>>
>>35120316
People always call thermodynamics when it's really just conservation of energy and it's pretty fundimental. Not necessary to drag a much bigger description into it that implies you understand the specifics of how that energy is used. I wish you guys would be less retarded.
>>
All fat people should be forced to sit and read fat hate threads until they decide to stop being fat, worked for me.
>>
File: bad-diet-pic.jpg (20 KB, 300x248) Image search: [Google]
bad-diet-pic.jpg
20 KB, 300x248
>>
>>35123860
this is fairly stupid, they need to want to be healthier
>>
>>35121015
I lost 50+ lbs in 2007 and kept it off. It was fucking hard. So so so glad I did it, so angry at anyone who tells others it can't be done.
>>
>>35121148
Just cutting out soda, bread, and pasta usually helps for fatties.

I know this from experience.
>>
>>35121015
>keto shilling
>tfw I lost weight on a high protein, high carb diet combined with cardio
Fuck fat and fuck meme foods like bacon.
>>
Everyone can lose weight. It's harder for some than others, but if the question is "Are there people who can't lose weight?" the answer is no.
>>
File: fedora20.jpg (132 KB, 568x1014) Image search: [Google]
fedora20.jpg
132 KB, 568x1014
>>35123183
Well reddited, good sir!
>>
They like the easy way out, which doesn't exist.
>>
>>35120419
Let me guess: your daily caloric intake is 3000 calories before you lowered it by a 1000?
>>
>>35122849
Or maybe cortisol hormone fucking up your water retention.

Also may be true for
>>35120459
>>35120419
>>
>>35120459
HOLY SHIT GUYS WE GOT ANOTHER PLANT PERSON! Does it feel weird when your body starts gaining energy through photosynthesis or is it just like when normal people eat food? Do you still shit?
>>
>>35120316

You're right, but it's hardly as simple as people make it sound. Different people digest different foods differently, so while one guy might shit out half of his chicken breast, another guy will barely shit out any of it at all. So niggers have to experiment to figure out what works for them, which most people hate.
>>
>>35120459
>sedentary
>1500 calories
Yeah. Keyword is sedentary. Your body doesn't need much to maintain itself and your lifestyle. As a result, it doesn't burn through much. The opposite is part of a reason why people who have muscle can eat a lot yet maintain their weight: they have more muscle, therefore they require more to maintain it. This shit isn't rocket science--it's nutrition and physiology 101.

Also, fuck off, lazyfag. You're on /fit/ for fucks sake.
>>
>>35121015
For a person to have 1 million calories in their fat cells they would need at minimum (actually more because fat cells are not pure calories) ~286 lbs of pure fat. That's a very rough minimum estimate.

Even most obese people do not have "millions" of calories in their fat cells.
>>
>>35120416
>I'm fat, have always been fat, will always be fat
I hate people who talk like that. She doesn't know whether she will always be fat. What she really does is, she decides for herself that she wants to always be fat. That is just resignation, right in her first sentence. Why should I want to read through her fucked up reasoning when I know that she doesn't even consider anything else?

I remember when reading Kafka that he always used to metaphorically sum up the entire story he was about to tell in the very first sentence. That's the same fucking thing. You don't even need to continue reading, just that sentence delivers everything you need to know about that person.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.