[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, I need help. I can't stop going to the gym. Every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1445962315264.jpg (111 KB, 800x365) Image search: [Google]
1445962315264.jpg
111 KB, 800x365
/fit/, I need help.

I can't stop going to the gym. Every single day. I haven't taken a single rest day in two weeks. I want to keep growing, getting better, stronger, shredded. I know that taking days off is what allows the muscles to recover and ultimately will increase my performance when I get back.

But I just can't fucking do it. If I make it to the end of today, it'll be my first full rest day. I'm fighting the urge to do some push-ups, dips, crunches, planks, squats right now with bodyweight (gym is closed and I have no other choice).

What do, /fit/? Do I need help? Do I work out without stopping? Do I rest? Fuck.
>>
>falling for the rest day meme

You rest when you are sleeping friendo
>>
>>35119198
noobies say this, but rest days are just as important
>>
Keep going if you like it. I'd be there just about every day too if given the opportunity. PPL is a good routine for people that want to go 6 or so times a week so that way you can rest some muscles while working others. Do what makes you happy family
>>
>>35119153
You don't need to have rest days.

You can just split up your routine to go every day. As long as you're not hitting the same muscles the next day it's not a problem.
>>
>>35119153

Sounds like a manic phase. Are you taking your meds?
>>
>>35119153
just take a day or two rest period in between body groups ie.
Push on monday pull on tuesday legs on tuesday and accessory lifts on "rest" day.
>>
>>35120556
legs on wednesday*
>>
If you want to keep going, do it. In my opinion though, if you have gone 2weeks without a rest day and couldn't imagine taking one, maybe you aren't really working out as hard as you could. Just imagine how fucking hyped you'd be to get back and kill it at the gym after taking a day off.
>or do a deload week
>>
I haven't taken a rest day in like 3 months I'm not natty but when I was I never took rest days.

If you space everything out you'll have plenty of time for muscles to recover before you hit them again. You just have to watch out for inadequate cns recovery and potential injury to joints
>>
>>35119153
If you're not sore as shit the day after then you're not working out hard enough. Your muscles should feel like they've been put through the wringer, you shouldn't be taking rest days by choice, you should be taking rest days by necessity.
>>
>>35120606
If you are still getting that amount of muscle soreness you're not training with enough frequency
>>
As long as you're eating enough and sleeping enough you're probably fine. If you notice you're getting weaker/plateauing(if you're new) you know you're going too far.
>>
Do a six day a week PPL with abs and sprints on the last day. Proper rest and a workout daily.
>>
>>35120503
Aren't you a DYEL though? Why are you giving advice?
>>
>>35120606
>>35120599
dont fall for the DOMs meme anons.
>>
>>35119198
you say that, until your lifts drop to shit because you aren't on that gear.

you can work up to doing heavy volume, but you HAVE to work up to it. that takes well over a year for most people (assuming you are doing a significant amount of volume)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.