[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A beer after training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: beer.jpg (5 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
5 KB, 284x177
Sorry guys, but a cold beer 30 min after training is some of the best thing i have ever tasted and is really a motivator for me to train hard. The harder the better it taste. Anyone can give me validation that this is okay.
>>
>>35115987
I've heard an enzyme in alcohol stops fat burning? But it may just be mom science
>>
>>35116005
i had heard the calories in alcohol were less likely to be stored as bodyfat, because reasons...

so my broscience seems to corroborate your momscience.

also 4 beers is supposed to raise test levels.

also as long as it fits your calorie and macro goals, it's no problem
>>
>>35115987
It's fine as long as you're not getting trashed. I do the same thing once in awhile
>>
>>35115987
Beer dehydrates you and makes the recovery period longer. However if you are a person that trains to feel good and do it once every day the effect is marginal to none. Take one beer with good conscience if that it what makes you feel the blood taste
>>
There's been research showing that beer after workouts hydrates the body better than water
>>
>>35116005
Alcohol is C2H6O
Enzymes aren't.
>>
It's not optimal.
>>
Alcohol is processed slowly and takes priority over all other metabolic processes.

Basically, no protein synthesis while your body is trying to get rid of the alcohol you poured in it.
I still drink, but it does fuck with gains.
>>
>>35115987
Alcohol should be illegal, and degenerates like you should be put in a camp.
>>
>>35115987
>Anyone can give me validation that this is okay.

Just do whatever you want you fucking omega. Don't ask the straight edge autists of /fit/ if you're "allowed" to do something.
>>
>>35116378
>Basically, no protein synthesis while your body is trying to get rid of the alcohol you poured in it.

This is so fucking wrong. If that was true then one beer would fucking kill you, you scientifically illiterate fucktard.
>>
It's okay if you don't drink much at all otherwise. Drinking is anti-gains.
That being said, a beer or a spliff after training is 10/10.
>>
>>35116378
>what is broscience
>>
Arnold used to drink two pitchers and eat a whole chicken after a workout
>>
>>35116460
Obviously it's not that simple you fucking meathead alcoholic.
>>
>>35117835
>my broscience is right
>you fucking broscientist
...?
>>
>>35116065
>Beer dehydrates
lies

>Prof Garzon asked a group of students to do strenuous exercise in temperatures of around 40ºC (104ºF). Half were given a pint of beer, while the others received the same volume of water.

Prof Garzon, who announced the results at a press conference in Granada beneath a banner declaring "Beer, Sport, Health", said the hydration effect in those who drank beer was "slightly better".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/3312579/Beer-after-sport-is-good-for-the-body.html
>>
>>35117835
Sorry that your completely unfounded claim is wrong, stay mad.
>>
>>35115987
>>
>>35116460
>>35116493

>Alcoholic losers getting this upset about their addiction

My sides
>>
>>35118006
>straight edge faggot cares this much about what other people do

Enjoy that higher chance of heart disease breh.
>>
File: 1323782716234.png (91 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1323782716234.png
91 KB, 200x200
>>35118025

>Visibly upset alcoholic confirmed
>>
>>35116106
>>35117947
Alcohol is literally a diuretic, by definition it DEHYDRATES YOU. No matter what some retarded anecdotal "study" might say.

Why do you think you piss so much when you go drinking? Why is it that when you drink beer all night you wake up with a killer hangover?

10/10 b8 got me mad
>>
>>35118980
We are talking about one pint of beer against the same amount of water after the workout, not getting drunk, of course that would dehydrate you.
>>
>>35117248

I just ate a chicken and drank two pitchers of beer and my I'm getting great gains. Thanks Gear.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.