[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cruise Survival Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: fit cruise boat.jpg (3 MB, 3422x2196) Image search: [Google]
fit cruise boat.jpg
3 MB, 3422x2196
Hey /fit/

I'm going on a cruise soon and it's a dangerous combo: shit gym and endless food and booze. The boat gym doesn't have barbells because of waves and shit so it's just machines and maybe dumbbells up to 60 lbs. Does anyone know of any good machine workouts or other cruise survival tips? I'm going for maximum calorie burn because because I expect to be eating 5000 kcals a day.
>>
For how many days? I wouldn't worry is it was a week or two as long as you dont eat like a pig.
>>
you'll be fine unless you're going for a month
>>
>>35113808

It's 7 days and I fully intend to eat like a pig.

My plan is to hit the gym first thing in the morning before the feast begins.
>>
>>35113786
You must be really dyel if youre worried about losing your gains in such a short time period
>>
>>35113846

My concern isn't with muscle loss, it's with fat gain.
>>
Hang the boat from your dip belt and tow it for high speed intervals.
>>
>>35113869
Drink your meals. Drink so much that you throw up.
>>
>>35113786
You act like there is a finish line that this is going to move you away from.

One week means nothing when the race never ends.

Enjoy yourself, faggot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxj27yGuqMk
Gooby can do it, so can you
>>
>>35113786
Just doing chins and dips will keep your upper body yoked as fuck. Add some weight and mix it up. Diffrent types of chins etc etc GET WITH THE TIMES SON
>>
>>35113981

Based Scooby

Thanks, this is the kind of advice I'm looking for.
>>
You should be more concerned about dying of boredom.

Cruises are boring as fuck desu. You will hardly see any young people there, just the elderly and families.

Every attraction is crowded at all times so enjoy waiting 2 hours to use the climbing wall for 5 minutes, you're lucky if you find a spot on the deck and when you do you will be squeezed between some plus-sized Shaneequa and her cousin Lafonda.

Yes you will eat like a fucking pig, because that will be your only source of entertainment aside from throwing your money out on overpriced shit and slot machines.
>>
>>35113786
It's fine to take a week off, or do one with some light lifting once in a while. When you start moving heavy weights a rest week is good for you.
>>
>>35113835
Don't bother dude. Waste of time honestly. Are you on contest prep or something?
>>
>>35114479

Nah, just a recovering fatty. Started around 300 and now I'm down to 210 with a target of 195. I've been on a couple cruises and I know how much weight I can gain on a boat. I'm assuming for the worst case that I'll put on 5 lbs of fat which is about a month of work to shed off; not too bad to be honest.

Most people in this thread are right though. I should turn off my macro tracker, maybe do some light workouts, and just enjoy myself.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.