[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ just how bad is stress on your body? Aside from lifting,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 244x662) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 244x662
/fit/ just how bad is stress on your body? Aside from lifting, what can you do to deal with it? Any tips on avoiding it? I feel like I'm going to explode
>>
>>35108440
there's some good ted talks on stress. watch them.

chronic stress has also been shown to decrease lifespan by upwards of 5-10 years.
>why even lift if die at 55
>>
>>35108440
Masterbate to ponies

That's what I do
>>
>>35108478
THIS
i just started jacking off to anything that gets me hard, debating if it's kosher or not is exactly what the new world order wants you to do
>>
>Aside from lifting, what can you do to deal with it?

Be cautious with your training volume. Training can be very stressful on the body just like anything else in life.

Eat healthy, unprocessed as you can. Food plays a really big role in stress tolerance and stress adaptation.

Get rid of bad habits; don't smoke, drink, stay up late, etc.

>Any tips on avoiding it?

Learn to say no if the situation permits it.

>I feel like I'm going to explode

When I feel like this I go eat/drink then lay down. I don't even try to sleep when I lay down. I don't think there is anything a person can do that is as relaxing on the body as laying down other then being asleep.
>>
File: 1403324751596.jpg (2 MB, 518x3648) Image search: [Google]
1403324751596.jpg
2 MB, 518x3648
Get into meditation/yoga, should help.
>>
>>35108539
>When I feel like this I go eat/drink then lay down. I don't even try to sleep when I lay down. I don't think there is anything a person can do that is as relaxing on the body as laying down other then being asleep.

meditation. learn to meditate OP. i dismissed it for a long time but it really does work.
>>
Weed. Eat it if you don't want to smoke it. Stress gone.
>>
>>35108617
>meditation. learn to meditate OP. i dismissed it for a long time but it really does work.
What has been your experience?
>>
File: image.jpg (854 KB, 1920x2379) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
854 KB, 1920x2379
>>35108440
Stress alters your emotional responses to be less resilient, increases fat retention and slows downscale gains while fucking up your digestion and making your heart work in a way that makes it less elastic and puts you at risk of heart attacks for life. It also decreases your sexual potency and makes sex less pleasurable. Basically, some stress is pretty inevitable but chronic stress will ruin your life.

Fortunately, if you're a normal American, there are lots of things you can do to decrease stress. Sleep consistently, don't consume caffeine ever (seriously, fuck caffeine) and limit alcohol to as little as you can still function socially with, exercise while remaining mindful of your body's need for recovery, and eat a diet low in sugar. The magic bullets are meditation and supportive relationships. If you can get into an isolation float tank, do so, and then you'll understand the potential of meditation to relieve stress and make you a better person.
>>
>>35108678
>have anxiety my whole life
>pretty sure it's genetic
>body releases too much cortisol
>cried constantly over nothing when i was young
>figured i would grow out of it and toughen up as i got older
>responsibilities and having to face the world just made it worse
>fear of driving
>can't get work because freak out during interviews
>crying literally every day about nothing, just to release cortisol
>panic attacks
>depressed
>suicidal
>but still didn't feel like a total loser
>pretty funny, no social anxiety
>decently looking, have had gfs and good friends
>few people i tell are really surprised
>hide it well but dying inside
>start getting enough sleep
>meditate daily
>stress reduced drastically
>still nervous while driving, but getting better
>finally get work
>confidence boost

the stressful things aren't gone, but meditation makes them manageable. I want to solve my problems instead of hiding from them like i use to. sometimes i get lazy and stop meditating as much, or stay up late thinking I'll be able to handle it, but I'm not. Meditation is like taking a shower, it's just part of my routine now
>>
>>35108850
Gee, I'm quite like you.

I really should do it. I did a bit but not sure I was doing it right. I'd clsoe my eyes but msot say to keep them open?

I'd do the count 10 breaths thing and start again.

>I want to stop being so anxious
>Do not want pills
>Want to actually learn how to manage it
>>
>>35108628
Weed doesn't affect everyone the same way, weed used to relax me but now it just amplifies whatever I'm feeling - I know I'm not the only one this happens to after smoking.
>>
>>35108796
Funny that you say absolutely no to caffeine but say moderate alcohol is ok, which is a literal poison.

A couple cups of tea or coffee is not gonna have an adverse effect. I just keep my caffeine consumption before noon.
>>
>>35108440
I can't help you with your emotional issues, you need to figure out those on your own. But if you get enough sleep and eat healthy your stress will decrease
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 778x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 778x612
>>35110095
I said absolute no to caffeine because caffeine in any dose releases significant amounts of stress hormones like cortisol. Alcohol at very low amounts doesn't cause your body to release stress hormones nearly as bad. Many people find occasional moderate drinking to be relaxing, and I'm not one to contradict them, even though I've been a teetotaler for the last year or so. Alcohol is a poison and is bad for gains, but isn't that bad for stress in very small amounts.

If drinking caffeine relaxes you, you're dependent on it.
>>
>>35110222
Waking up releases cortisol too you pussy
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.