[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my friends think that working out 6 hours a day means i have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: feels.jpg (6 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
6 KB, 180x180
my friends think that working out 6 hours a day means i have an eating disorder
what do you think /fit/
>>
I think you have too much time
>>
>>35106025
>>35106025
>>35106025
>>35106025
>>
>>35106025
thats not my question
i manage to work full time and sleep about 7 hrs a day so its not a time concern
>>
File: mfw.jpg (482 KB, 1720x1236) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
482 KB, 1720x1236
>>
profession athletes dont train that much, you might need to reassess what you're doing desu senpai
>>
I think you have shitty friends
>>
What's your routine that you spend 6 honest hours doing shit?
>>
lance Armstrong said he cycled 6 hours a day

though it was in that ad for Nike where he also said he wasn't roiding...
>>
>>35106781
running
swimming
lifting
calisthenics basically everyday

>>35106726
dude same desu baka senpai

>>35107070
honestly that wouldnt be far from the truth
my dad was a pro cyclist (not tour de france but was sponsored by mcdonalds for a bit) and he basically said an "easy" day was 4 hrs of training whether cycling or some sorta calisthenic movements
>>
File: goal body.jpg (295 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
goal body.jpg
295 KB, 683x1024
this my ideal body atm
>>
File: 1421269426119.jpg (21 KB, 196x280) Image search: [Google]
1421269426119.jpg
21 KB, 196x280
>>35106012
>>35106012
Yet you have enough time to shit post
>>
>>35106012
It's actually a form of bulemia, which contrary to popular belief, is not just barfing but rather 'purging' through any means including barfing, laxatives, or exercise. On the other hand, if you're not bingeing and feeling guilty about food then it's not bulemia, but most likely some other kind of OCD spectrum disorder.
>>
>>35107821
Same for ancient greece
>>
>>35107967
yeah dawg its not that difficult
>>35108144
OCD? idk about that
i dont do it necessarily from feeling guilty about food though i do look like shit
>>
>>35108184
OCD spectrum. I'm not an expert in psychiatry but am a med student who's had some exposure to it.

The problem here would be that you are exercising compulsively in order to feel like you have a sense of control of your life, like how an OCD person washes their hands every ten minutes because deep down there's a short circuit telling them "washing=clean, so do it fucking more and you will never die". If your exercise habit is causing you significant strain in your relationships or work, or emotional distress, talk to a professional.
>>
>>35108274
it isnt really other than waking up late and having to work but being pissed at myself for not doing anything/having to skip certain things
problem is i dont really have any sort of friends or a gf to begin with so there wasnt anything to strain in the first place lol
>>
>>35106012
Orthorexia
>>
>>35108408
how is that even a thing? eating super clean now is an eating disorder?? what in the actual fuck
>>
>>35107743
>running
>swimming
>lifting
>calisthenics basically everyday
How do you fill up 6 hours with that?
>>
>>35108531
Freelee the bannanananana gurrrl has it
>>
>>35108531

I'd say having anxiety about eating food with imaginary "toxins" would amount to an eating disorder, yes.
>>
>>35108547
not too hard desu
i run a distance running routine in combat boots plus constantly doing a 6 week program to have a good 3 mile timed run for my marine pft
so today was a 3 mile run in boots, working up to 30 miles a week, as well as 10 intervals of 1/4 mile at a goal 6 min mile pace, immediately followed by 10 lunges on each leg then 20 squats
for the swimming i started to day with 1500 yards side stroke with my scuba fins on, then 20 continuous minutes of sidestroking without fins immediately afterward. then it was 750 m of freestyle, with a cooldown of like 200 m breaststroke

for the lifting i follow a basic strength program for each compound lift then a hypertrophy routine based on PHAT right after
basically its several 3x5 or 5x5 barbell movements then 7 or 8 accessory movements afterwards
then i do my workout from the four horseman training program, today was 60 min of 10 deadlifts at 135, 10 situps weighted, 10 push press at 75, 10 KB swing at 53, then 6 KB getups at 53 as well. i got about 15 rounds then i thought i was gonna die, so i sat around for a few minutes before i started the calisthenics.

the calisthenics is doing the foundation series from gymnasticbodies (saw it on asp), as well as the handstand series and the ring series basically on top of eachother 6 days a week
then i run my RECON long card, the BUDS warning order upper body PT circuit, some additional pyramid sets for pullups dips and pushups, then a core circuit i found in a navy seal workout book i saw.
>>
Post pics of body

I wanna see what 6 hours a day makes
>>
>>35106012
Post body
>>
>>35108773
>>35108776
i already said i look like shit
other than my lats maybe
>>
>>35108531
It's more than that. Everyone knows eating donuts is shit for you and you shouldn't eat McDonalds every night, but Orthorexia is on a whole other level. What OP is describing isn't orthorexia at all though. Sports anorexia or anorexia athletica is probably more along the lines of what OP has. Look it up, it might really accurately describe you, esp if you don't have any body image issues along the lines of anorexia nervosa.
>>
>>35108761
Lol military kek
Lol crossfag
Lol 6 hours/day
Looks like shit

mein sides have left the dimension
>>
>>35108853
OP here, i would say that since it kinda emphasized having a lean physique i dont really fall into that until maybe now
for awhile i just permabulked and looked like shit to reach 2/3/4/5 but i added calisthenics and cardio due to my goals (muscle up, human flag etc) plus i wanna be proficient at endurance as well
i really dont see the problem with it desu
>>
>>35108784
post body
>>
>>35108905
>implying crossfit isnt what you use for metabolic conditioning on top of standard strength training
>implying i train for looks up until now where intense cardio and bodyweight training requires me to be leaner
>implying your job/career is superior
>>
>>35106012
I think that unless you are some type of an Olympian, you probably don't need more than a couple hours.
what do you even do for 6 hours?
>>
File: pudzian.jpg (191 KB, 736x1108) Image search: [Google]
pudzian.jpg
191 KB, 736x1108
>>35107821
achievable
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.