[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What foods did you give up after getting /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: Cinnamon toast crunch.jpg (3 MB, 2273x3029) Image search: [Google]
Cinnamon toast crunch.jpg
3 MB, 2273x3029
For me it's cereal.

For me to get filled up on cereal I have to eat like 4 servings of it.

I can't consume that many simple carbs on regular basis but if I'm having a cheat meal I'd rather eat pancakes, french toast, or waffles instead.

So, I pretty much never eat cereal. It's too unhealthy to eat daily but it's not decadent enough to eat as a cheat meal.
>>
File: Toaster Strudel.jpg (69 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Toaster Strudel.jpg
69 KB, 600x300
Toaster Strudel. They're like 190 calories a pop and I usually eat 3 of them in one go as a snack.

A 570 calories snack that isn't even that filling is no good when cutting.
>>
>>35106141
Wanna know how I know you're fat?
>>
>>35105999
dairy
>>
Soda. Soda is the biggest one.
>>
>>35105999
fuck man, I can easily eat an entire box of cereal in one sitting, way too fucking delicious

I gave it up entirely and just have a bowl of oatmeal/protein powder/banana instead. More filling and still delicious as hell
>>
Definitely soda. It's been over a year since I drank that shit. I can also attribute my lack of soda to my braces as well.
>>
>>35105999
>Not knowing how to incorporate high insulin carbs into your diet

God it must suck being stuck with knowledge from past decades.
>>
Wendy's, Taco Bell, Burger King, Costco hot dogs.

Soda, burritos, cereal, macaroni and cheese, most pastas in general, 80/20 beefs, most potato dishes in general. Anything containing sugar besides fruit and natural stuff. And the worst one... milk. I used to drink almost a gallon a day and I wasn't even lifting let alone doing GOMAD

Sometimes I really miss being fat
>>
Soda, white sugar, all fast food, etc. I've eaten 99% clean for years, not even tempted to go back,
>>
>>35106711

I know some simple carbs are okay but eating 40 grams of refined sugar for breakfast daily is definitely not okay.

Something like that should definitely be saved for a cheat meal. And personally, I think cereal is a waste of a cheat meal.
>>
>>35106715
I still eat 80/20 beef. The taste is so much better than 97/3.

I just reduce my fat intake from other sources to make room for it.

Even then, it's still not a daily thing, though.
>>
>>35105999
I still eat junk food, just not as much as I did.
>>
Soda and pop tarts. The chocolate pop tarts I used to eat were like 240 for a single, and there's two in a package
>>
most alcohol
used to drink 4-5 beers every second day, but i am down to once every 2 weeks
>>
>>35106963
I have to admit I used to think Poptarts weren't that bad because I thought the nutrition facts were for 2 of them.

I was pissed when I realized that a serving was only 1 Poptart.

That's such bullshit. There's 2 in each foil pack so that's what the serving size should be.
>>
>>35106868
Never eat carbs during the day, only late afternoon or dinner.

Your body WANTS high insulin carbs 1-4 hours Post work out.

Look up carb back-loading. Just to understand how carbs work.
>>
Hash browns, French Fries, chips, buttery mash.
>>
>>35106868
Also, people only eat carbs for breakfast because of a man named Kellogg

Eat your cereal at the right time, get rid of silly cheat meals.
>>
>>35107096
Lol, entering "I know a lot" as your name doesn't make you sound anymore convincing.
>>
>>35107258
Don't need it to baby
>>
>>35106868
I've eaten nutrigrain every morning for 2 years, 75g and 350mls of milk... no issue for me.
>>
>>35107628
of course it;s not an "issue" but if you like being able to eat lots of food, your TDEE would be higher if you didn't have those foods in the morning. Your metabolism takes a dive for the rest of the day after you have carbs.
>>
>>35107651
wat, where is your source on this, I'm a 2nd year majoring in nutrition...
>>
>>35107651
Source? Everything I've read says that lean body mass and activity level are the only things that majorly effect TDEE.

Everything else is just a minor effect.
>>
>>35106379
cause he said hes cutting.... in fucking December....
>>
>>35108007
What's wrong with cutting in December?
>>
>>35107955
>Source?
The entirety of Keto
>>
>>35107955
>>35107700
Kiefer explains it best

http://athlete.io/5084/why-breakfast-is-nothing-but-a-scam/

Also note, this is a quantum physicist turned nutritionist.

Not a pleb being taught decades old curriculum for his sports science/nutrition degree.
>>
It's not technically food but...

Creamy coffees. I used to chug cups.
Now I only drink black coffee with minimal creamer. I can feel its effects much better as well.
>>
>>35108316
>black
>minimal creamer
>BLACK
>CREAMER
IT'S NOT BLACK IF ANY THING IS IN IT YOU FUCK ING MONGOLOID
>>
>>35108296
Interesting. I skip breakfast most days anyway so it doesn't really make a difference to me.

Thanks for the link.

Although, I'd like to point out that being a former quantum physicist doesn't mean jack shit as far as credibility as a nutritionist goes.

Next time, just let the information speak for itself instead of trying to talk up the author.
>>
>>35108337
mongoloid?
>>
File: Frito Lay chips.jpg (49 KB, 600x215) Image search: [Google]
Frito Lay chips.jpg
49 KB, 600x215
Chips.

The problem isn't that chips are necessarily so terrible that I never eat them. The problem is that I just can't eat them in moderation.

Once I open a bag that bag is going to be finished in a single sitting.

This why I can't do IIFYM style dieting. There are certain foods that I just can't eat in moderation. I either have to not eat them at all or eat a ton of them.
>>
>>35108201
'Bro' theory dictates you bulk in fall/winter months and cut in spring/summer so you can show your six-pack at the pool
>>
>>35106715
Ducking Costco with their god tier hotdogs and pizza. My cheat day will change if I'm at Costco since I don't get to go too often.
>>
>>35108437
It does, a nutrition degree is a joke.

A quantum physics degree means you KNOW how to interpret and read studies.

The average soccer mom has a nutrition degree, and she couldn't interpret a study to save her life.

Also, she doesn't understand the science that overlaps into nutrition, such as the laws of thermodynamics and what not. I'd much rather have a dude with a background in some (real) science to tell me how he interprets the data.
>>
>>35108007
Not everyone on the internet lives in America, Jamal.
>>
>>35108808
Different person but I forgot that the southern hemisphere is having summer right now.

I guess bulking and cutting season are reversed for all the Aussies and Kiwis.
>>
>>35108718

Same.

Once every 3-4 months i buy a bag of salt and vinegar kettle chips and eat them in one sitting.

It's fucking great.
>>
File: Best Chips.png (745 KB, 1018x491) Image search: [Google]
Best Chips.png
745 KB, 1018x491
>>35108911
Sour Cream & Onion Lays, Hint of Lime Tostidos, and Flamin' Hot Cheetos are my poisons of choice.
>>
>>35108718
Betcha can't have just one. ;)
>>
>>35109003
Lol, I've tried and failed.
>>
it's ridiculously easy to eat a lot of junk food, even when you're not hungry. if you eat real food like brown rice, lean meats, and veggies, you're probably not going to eat more than what it takes to get full, because it's not really enjoyable after that. but junk food, you eat that shit not because you want to satiate your hunger, they have terrible macros anyway, you eat it cause it tastes good as fuck.
>>
>>35109227
Yeah, this is why I eat "bro" instead of IIFYM.

I know some people say IIFYM keeps them sane and helps control craving but for me its the opposite. Eating "bro" controls my appetite while eating junk food stimulates my appetite.
>>
>>35108808
Jamal?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.