[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gym rate tread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2015-07-01-17-53-46.png (464 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-07-01-17-53-46.png
464 KB, 1080x1920
Where do you lift?

Specifically looking for gyms in Buffalo NY, most likely near Amherst or Getzville, but any info is appreciated

>Snap Fitness
$30
+24 hour card access
-No real barbells
-No racks
-No showers
-Programming varies significantly by franchise/owner
+Nobody bothers me
+.01 miles from apt
>>
Fat as fatass here, about to start back lifting now that the gym isn't 45 min from the house
Big Wayne's just opened up a branch in my town
The Gym in Rock Hill was very nice

The owner is fucking jacked senpai

http://www.bigwaynesgym.com/
>>
>>35102002
damn how his this guy so based.
>>
>>35104170
Looks like "bi waynes"
>>35104623
Science
>>
>>35102002
Steel Mill in Lackawanna to be quite honest family. If you have transportation, it's not crazy expensive and they have insanely knowledgeable bros lifting there, oly, power, bb, whatever.
>>
>>35106081
Ill keep it in mind in case I wind up living further south than I was hoping
>>
>>35106283
If you're a younger bro, you might be better off living in the city. Way more social gainz, more qt3.14, etc. Rush hour is kind of negligible in Buffalo, compared to larger cities, especially if you are originally from larger ones.
>>
>>35106321
31 but single. I'm still debating that point because qts are important but I can't stand having loud neighbors
>>
>>35106387
There are obviously pros and cons, but if you check around Parkside area near the zoo, you can get a sick flat, quiet neighborhood, close to everything. Elmwood is awesome for a single dude, parts can get loud but depends on where. Also, Elwmood is pretty pricey. South Buffalo is a great compromise between burbs and city. Quiet as fuck at night, not too far from downtown, etc. Or for dead silence, get a loft in heart of financial area downtown. It's dead at night.
>>
Gym Nation in Fort McMurray, Alberta. It's $90 a month and is a god damn gym bro based nightmare. Largest concentration of fuccbois I've seen in a gym.
>>
>>35106387

I used to live in downtown Buffalo, near Elmwood strip. The neighborhood is not loud, but it's close to bars, restaurants. I used to go to the UB gym in Amherst. It was good and cheap, but sweltering in the summer (no air conditioning).
>>
>>35106419
Awesome thanks family. Been asking around at the new job and nobody could give me any advice like this. Fucking fucks
>>
>>35106455
If you don't mind me asking, where you working? Don't have to be specific, but what's your industry, education etc? That would help a lot in steering you in the right direction.
>>
>>35106455
You're very welcome.
>>
>>35106469
Citigroup. I make shit tbqh conspidering how much $ is at stake. $42k makes those mba payments tough so cheaper apt is helpful
>>
>>35106483
Oh for sure bro. My advice would be keep an eye out towards South Buffalo and Parkside/Hertel area. Should be able to find a very solid flat for $800 (or even less depending on your non-negotiables). If you go to SB, stay in the area between Abbott Rd and South Park. If you check a map you'll see what I mean. Dorrance would be your southern border.
>>
I go to a health club in the Chicago area, membership is $74 a month at the "young professional" rate. Has a sauna, whirlpool, steam room in the locker room, lap pool, therapy pool, running track but only one squat rack :( 90% of the time its full of old out of shape fucks but you get your milfs and 10/10 grills
>>
>upstate NY

Any Uticans here?
How bout all them immigrants?
>>
>>35106510
Roger. I'll check a map when I get home. It's hard checking out neighbors orhoods online because somehow Googlemaps makes every place look great
>>
>>35106529
It definitely is. I reccomend driving the neighborhood's and see which ones feel good. Buffalo is very much a city of distinct neighborhoods but it's not easy to learn if you aren't from here.
>>
>>35106517
Not from Utica but love those riggies.
>>
>>35106541
Also why the hell doesn't Buffalo know about garbage plates yet
>>
>>35106562
For some reason they never stay popular when they're done here. Buffalo people love them when in Rochester, just don't love them as much IN Buffalo itself. I think largely because of spots like Jim's, ETS, Mighty, Etc.
>>
>>35106610
Struck me as weird because the only Buf restaurant I've been to (Theodores) had great burgers and dogs. Just seems obvious
>>
>>35102002

I'm a long ways from you opie, but you're kind of getting ripped off.
>In Shape
>Central Valley, CA
>$30
>Unlimited access to 3 different locations
>One is 24 hours
>Limited access to the other 4 or 5 locations (like once a month or something)
>Barbells and plenty of weights
>Squat Racks &&/|| Power Racks at each location
>Sauna at each location (though I don't actually use it)
>There is always one within a mile of where I'm at

The only downside is that if I actually lifted at peek hours they're crazy busy. Otherwise, no issues.
>>
>>35106645
Oh snap, you ARE recent to the area. Ted's is the original, Theodores broke off (family fight with father and son). Ive heard Theodores is really good, I just always end up finding myself at Ted's. We crush dogs here, great late night junk food, but also rock star fine dining for half the price of NYC. It's definitely not a perfect place by any stretch, but I've lived all over the world and the quality of life here is pretty solid. You picked a great time to move here. I'm 34 and most of my life this place was an economically depressed, post-industrial apocalyptic wasteland with zero opportunity. It's a very different place from even 6 years ago. Welcome, senpai.
>>
>>35106671
Yeah I'm aware. I live in the sticks so it's that or a half hour drive, hour if snow. I do get access to entire national chain though
>>
>>35106698
Yeah I've been surprised by people telling me it's on the upswing. My brothers went to UB, lived on Inglewood (always up to no good) and it was pretty ghetto from what I remember. Maybe I was just spoiled at the time
>>
>>35106938
Nah, Englewood is still kind of a shit hole. That whole UB area off of Main Street is a shithole and two blocks east is one of the most violent neighborhood's per capita in the country.
>>
>>35106959
Awesome. And here I was excited to get away from being associated with Rochester's 19th Ward
>>
>>35107040
Check out those areas I mentioned and you'll be all good family. I kept you well away from any 19th Ward level shenanigans.
>>
>>35107065
If you are right, I will sacrifice 1 day of gains in your honor. But it has to be a push day because I want my pull gains and I have no leg gains
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.