[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A false alarm on red meat and cancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: AP_04_08_2013_46505504_L[1].jpg (1 MB, 2356x1571) Image search: [Google]
AP_04_08_2013_46505504_L[1].jpg
1 MB, 2356x1571
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/42259e20-92b5-11e5-bd82-c1fb87bef7af.html

Thoughts?
>>
nice try meat and dairy industry i'll pass on the cancer have a nice day

oh and we cant read the article the website wants us to suscribe first
>>
>>35090013
BETA MALE
E
T
A
M
A
L
E
>>
>>35090013
Don't click the link.
It's setup to log your IP so OP can see you
>>
Can't read it. Piece of shit website wants me to sign up.
>>
>>35090085
holy shit this scares me are you for real man?
>>
>>35089905

It's just more of the same

>correlation isn't causation, deny everything, no evidence could ever be strong enough for me to accept

Bullshit apologetics.
>>
>>35090116
Looking good anon.

Don't cover up that webcam now ;-)
>>
>>35090116
Why do you think it redirects you to the home page AND the site has a fuckton of ads?
Are you new?
>>
>>35090132
>looking good anon

no I don't. And if you could actually see me you wouldn't refer to me as anon because I wouldn't be anon anymore. I'd be scooby. Auf wiedersehen mein freunden :)
>>
File: Screenshot.png (688 KB, 608x2192) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
688 KB, 608x2192
you need to disable your adblocker / privacy extensions if you want to see it for free
>>
>>35090277

The WHO ruling was mostly based on the mechanistic/animal evidence though, not observational studies. That evidence was called strong. Epidemiological evidence was also strong for processed meat, but slightly less consistent for red meat. Anyone who thinks epidemiology is worthless has more reason to accept the WHO's conclusions, based on the direct laboratory evidence identifying the cancer link.
>>
>>35089905
vegans BTFO
>>
>>35090193
:o
>>
>>35090306
>The second kind of evidence, animal testing, gave no grounds for concern. Feeding animals a diet rich in red meat does not give them cancer.
>>
it was a nice pump and dump.
>>
>>35091596

>no reference given

In fact there's no references in the entire article. It's just a guy saying contrarian shit to get his name in the news.
>>
>>35089905
>meat makes you grow muscle
>more mass means more chances for cancerous cells

It's true and also totally meaningless, I have an increased cancer risk just by not being a manlet
>>
Anyone else really not give a fuck?
>>
>>35091640
>Gordon Henry Guyatt, OC FRSC (born 1953) is a Canadian physician and Distinguished University Professor in the Departments of Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics and Medicine at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario. He is known for his work on evidence-based medicine, a term that first appeared in a paper he published.[1] On October 9th, 2015, he was named to the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame[2]

>Guyatt has published almost 900 peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals,[3] including in leading medical journals such as The New England Journal of Medicine, The Lancet, Journal of the American Medical Association, and BMJ. His work has been cited more than 130,000 times.

I think he has enough fame to not need to do that.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.