[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calorie deficit not working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: ra-diet-13-fill-your-plate.jpg (42 KB, 590x445) Image search: [Google]
ra-diet-13-fill-your-plate.jpg
42 KB, 590x445
3 weeks of calisthenics, running twice a week, and sticking to 1600~ calories isn't helping a lot. 5'8" 210ibs, my maintenance is 2300 or so. Haven't really shed a pound visibly nor on the scale.

I've cut out all sweets except for one, once a week, under 200 calories, and I eat a decent amount of protein. I eat good food, no fast food or anything fatty.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
you might have miscalculated your TDEE.

also make sure you drink plenty water, don't eat salty food (to keep a more constant scale reading), don't eat any foods at all with artificial sugar, sleep well and maybe throw in some cardio.
>>
>>35086238
should be careful with salty food and drinking lots of water, I ended up feeling tired for weeks and it turned out I was low sodium
>>
>>35086238
I drink only water, milk, and juice, with the occasional sugarfree Redbull(artificial sugar, but one every few days is the most I've had), though I do have bad sleeping habits. I've gotten used to it, but usually 3-5 hours is about all I get. Shits rough having a biological clock that keeps me up for 20 hours without a hitch but a schedule that doesn't let me get 8 hours of sleep.
>>
1600 is ABSOLUTELY low enough, go no lower than 1500 under any circumstances.

It's just you. If you're eating 1600, if you're getting exercise (or really if not as well), you're losing fat.

Your weight varies and the first couple weeks or so can seem weird and hard to observe, or like nothing's happening. If you're really doing exactly what you say, consistently, which I kind of doubt, you will lose fat with absolutely no alternative.
>>
>>35086222
eat less
>>
>>35086265
Skim milk if you absolutely need milk, no juice. Don't recommend stuff like redbull or other sugar free drinks either because they still keep you craving sweet tasting foods/drinks. Juice can be devastatingly high calorie as well
>>
>>35086278
I missed a day of running last week because of rain, my entire road is flooded and yard is 3 inches under. But that wouldn't really explain the 0 difference I've seen in the last 3 weeks. :/

>>35086287
Skim milk is all I drink, I have an allergy to milk and it affects me the least. I only drink juice every now and then, usually about 4oz of orange juice when I do drink it. I account for that in my counting though
>>
>>35086222

Doing 10 minute 5x5 pullups and 2 miles of running per week wont burn much. People like go to their jobs daily and do more work than you.

You gotta put out more work man. Start lifting weights. If you look bad at 210 youre gonna still look bad at 160 or w.e youre aiming for.
>>
are you weighing your food on a scale not just eyeballing it you probably have no consept of portion control
>>
>>35086298
Still, you should really think about ditching juice entirely. Watch Scooby's video about orange juice vs oranges, even though you're counting the calories you could be getting alot more bang for your buck

I lost a great deal of weight with much success but I cut absolutely everything that wasn't water and simple or semi-simple foods, all homecooked. If you aren't seeing progress you need to delve deeper my friend. Ditch the juice, milk and one candy per week for about a month and see where it takes you
>>
oh look, another photosynthesizing fatty
>>
>>35086300
>>35086328

Nice contribution to my issue :^) I'll take all your wonderful advice into consideration, anons.

To the anon telling me to lift, I used to, and made strength gains, made some decent mass gains, but didn't lose any more fat than I'm losing now. Which is none.
>>
How intense are your workouts? How many minutes each mile while running?
>>
File: 1402521170394.png (237 KB, 558x558) Image search: [Google]
1402521170394.png
237 KB, 558x558
>>35086345
My favorite portion of the sticky, which I hope you read, is the following sentence talking about calories: "If you follow the numbers exactly, there's no way to fail. That's the beauty of thermodynamics."

You are either miscalculating, not exercising enough, or something in between. The laws of physics are not cheating you, my friend. Re-evaluate what you are doing and make the necessary changes.
>>
>>35086363
I'm heaving and drenched in sweat at the end of working out, and I physically can't run a mile without walking 3/4 of it because my lungs shit themselves. But I run until I can't, which is usually around a quarter mile. I walk a mile every other day, but its not like I'm walking that much more than I normally do any other day doing my normal routine.
>>
>>35086382
focus more on the diet do you weigh your food?
do you use my fitness pal?
>>
>>35086265
well i dare say that sleep is your problem, then. your calories are obviously low enough, and you seem to be training enough, and eating well enough.

in any case try to do more cardio and perhaps reduce your carbs a bit, as it seems that carbs affect people differently. after a certain point in my cuts, i need to lower carb intake or i plateau.

but you should definitely work on getting more sleep. my advice is to get up and go to bed at the same time every day (without fail) and don't fuck around with your phone or whatever in bed. preferably don't even read in bed, just use it for sleep. if you fuck in it then consider fucking on a couch or something.
>>
>>35086389
Yup, to the gram.

I dont use MFP because it kills my phones battery for some reason, but it's not hard counting calories for 1600 calories worth of things a day. I write it all down, though.
>>
>>35086392
his calories arent low enough, if they were he'd be losing weight, but fattie mcgee here is the 0.00000000000000000000001% of the worlds population that is able to generate limitless energy.
>>
99% of the time, people have poorly estimated (and i use that word purposefully) their calorie intake.

count literally everything or you will never know and at best will achieve sporadic, coincidental success. if you don't count every damn thing you put in your mouth excluding literal zero calorie foods, then you can expect not to lose weight. the TDEE is the magic number, and you have a number in mind already, 1600, for cutting.

do you count the milk in your morning coffee? the biscuit you had at that meeting? the half bag of crisps your mate gave you? if you didn't then you open your caloric intake to ambiguity and randomness. my personal advice is to eat the exact same thing every single day. while this doesn't seem pleasant or necessary, it greatly reduces the chances of you:
1. misunderstanding your daily caloric intake
2. breaking your diet later on for cheat meals and the like and makes it more sustainable

if you struggle to lose weight and DON'T do this, you have your remedy - do this. there is no more rigorous and sure fire way to lose weight. this is literally the correct way to lose weight.
>>
>>35086382
Stop being a pussy and run harder. Run like you actually want to lose weight.
>>
>>35086382
>But I run until I can't, which is usually around a quarter mile
how disgusting. and i thought my 5min 15sec mile time was bad.
>>
>>35086434
this

people who don't take something seriously enough then waste thread space on /fit/ are annoying as fawk.
>>
Use progress pictures and a tape, weight is a shit method desu.
My freind I been training didnt lose a pound in 4 months but she lost nearly 8 inches of her stomach, if she didnt measure and take pictures I think.she would have give up
>>
>>35086328

>Photosynthesizing fatty

top kek m8
>>
>>35086222
Are you counting calories? If you're not losing wait you're not burn more energy than you consume. It's that simple.
>>
>>35086222
Three weeks is not that much though. You are barely eating under maintenance. Say you eat 500 kcal under maintenance. If you burn that amount of fat for 21 days, you have burnt the equivalent of 10.5 Mcal, which is just about a kg of fat. You wouldn't notice that on a scale. You need to do these kinds of diets for half a year or something to get any results. If you want to go faster, just eat even less and exercise more. A few callisthenics won't really use that much energy. Go for a run or even a fast walk, just make sure you are breathing faster than normal. Losing weight is frustrating and gives you bad feedback, especially at the beginning. People just expect too dramatic effects.
>>
File: 1434736509038.png (714 KB, 952x558) Image search: [Google]
1434736509038.png
714 KB, 952x558
>>35086222
op this guy is right
>>35086475

this is simply due to the fact that fat is less dense than muscle and takes up more space than an equal amount of muscle

when youre really fat and a high percentage of your weight is fat you'll see immediate results on the scale

but as you get nearer to your ideal weight you actually dont have that many pounds of fat left to lose

but then you ask "then why do i still look so fucking fat?"

because again, fat is less dense than muscle and takes up more space on your body than an equal amount of weight in muscle

so the scale becomes less reflective of your weight loss as you get closer to your ideal weight

just keep at it
>>
>>35086631
This

I started properly cutting with measuring my progress in September and to this day I have lost 8 cm on my waist (still 12 to go). I do not even step on the scale anymore. It's motivational as fuck if you see your progress black on white.
>>
>>35086631
it also helps to visualize how much volume a single pound of fat actually has
>>
>>35086631

Muscle is not as dense as you think it is though. Those pictures of 1kg of muscle vs 1kg of fat are almost always exaggerated to show that fat is light and fluffy in denisty
>>
>>35086631
Too bad that guy is still fugly. /fit/ doesn't fix the face.
>>
Can someone give me some advice?

>inb4 read the sticky fgt
According to mfp this comes in at 1615 cal, 600 below my goal
>2 pieces of whole grain toast with avocado (should i only have one?)
>1 tin of tuna, 4 dry biscuits, 1 cup coffee
>0.5 cup rice, 1 cup vegetables, 100g kangaroo/chicken breast
>banana
>protein shake
>0.5 cup rice/pasta, 1 cup vegetables, 100g kangaroo/chicken breast

According to mfp this nails my protein intake, but is there anything i should change bros? This coupled with 1hr strength training and 15 min hiit cardio 4 times a week
>>
>>35086824
kick the biscuits and add some fruit instead,
>>
>>35086824
>0.5 cup rice, 1 cup vegetables, 100g kangaroo/chicken breast
>kangaroo
Wait what
>>
>>35086824
Looks good. How long have you had this routine?
>>
>>35086844
Not that guy but what's wrong with kangaroo? It's good meat.
>>
>>35086844
Straya bro, kangaroo is widely available, very lean and a nice change from chicken, just has to be cooked properly
>>
>>35086845
Bout a week now, i have a manual labour job but im only just getting serious with conditioning my body
>>
>>35086905
I think you'll se results on it. Keep it up bro.
>>
>>35086914
Thanks breh
>>
>>35086864
>>35086889
Honestly never heard of it, but nice to know.
>>
>>35086475
Top tier advice here!

I felt like I hit a platue a while back.

But instead of looking at the scale i started to notice my clothes feeling a lot bigger on me, love handles shrinking ect ect.
>>
>>35086382
you miserable sack of shit, stop complaining about how you can't loose weight, i lost 20 kilos in 4.5 months because i actualy wanted to, you dont want to loose weight because if you did ou would weigh your food correctly , you would cut out everything that isnt water , you would count your calories properly and you would put in more effort than running 1/4 of a mile. what the fuck is that? you cant run ? ok use a bike or swim i understand running is hard for some people so you need to change things up. You need to keep a constant speed and heart rate for at least 25-30 minutes if that means riding a bike 5 mph for half an hour because you physical / mentaly can't do more then do that but we both know you can run more. weight loss is easy and you are just making excuses.
>>
>>35087065
woo 20kg in 4.5 months

i lost 30kg in 15 weeks
>>
>>35087100
how fat was you when you started fat boy ?
>>
>>35087110
113kg u?
>>
>>35086222
Post calorie calculation and proof you weigh your food.

My suspicion is results = intentions.
>>
>>35086222
You're not eating 1600kcal. It's very simple
>>
>>35086222
>>35086265
>sleeping
There's a publication on the Obesity journal right now that analyses how (race and) sleep patterns affect a lot your BMR (basal metabolic rate). You're slowing down a lot your metabolism with a fucked up pattern. I notice myself when I cut.
Also, make more meal. Smaller ones, but more. Keep that BMR up
>>
Im in the same boat 5'8" but started at 206 lbs and currently running 5x5 SL. I literally just lessened the amount of what i ate by atleast a quarter and dropped to 193 lbs in a little over a month. Dont know what you are doing but whatever it is it's wrong. I even have cheat meals every 3 or so days on carbs because I'm asian.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.