[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I put a pull up bar in my bedroom doorway, and do a whole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 13246se7r8y0ph[.jpg (23 KB, 1188x1028) Image search: [Google]
13246se7r8y0ph[.jpg
23 KB, 1188x1028
If I put a pull up bar in my bedroom doorway, and do a whole bunch of pull ups each time I go in and out of my room, will that be enough to see some results?

I've tried gyms, but I don't have the motivation to go, or to stay long whilst I'm there.

I just want to try to improve my life small steps at a time whilst I try to sort out my depression and motivation problems.
>>
>>35071346
>is doing pull ups better than not doing pull ups?
Yes.
>>
Better than doing nothing
>>
>>35071346
Yeah man go for it. It's how I started. Now I've got ahome gym and work out 6 days a week.
>>
>>35071346
if you want results, yes exercising is preferable to not exercising.
>>
>>35071360
>>35071362
>>35071389
Thank you

>>35071385
I think a home gym is the only way I'm going to work out consistently, I'll start saving.

Also, will being 6'0 be a problem with a doorway bar?
>>
>>35071421
If you couldn't be motivated to go to an actual gym, then you probably won't when you get the actual home gym. You've just chosen this option because you can "save" (allows you to delay the hard work). Kill yourself
>>
>>35071477
You're probably right, but there's a higher chance of me doing it if it's literally 1 room away.

>Kill yourself
implying i don't think about this everyday
>>
I started with just a pullup bar in my room and dicked around for a couple years wirh little or no reaults, but it was the first step I needed to take to change my lifestyle. Now I won't skip the gym, and I eat mostly clean. Take that first step.
>>
>>35071477
im a sperglord and agoraphobic to an extent and feel much better working out at home
>>
File: received_10153214565640592.jpg (120 KB, 1440x1152) Image search: [Google]
received_10153214565640592.jpg
120 KB, 1440x1152
All upper back work I do is pullups at home, check out this badboy OP ;^)
>>
>>35071583
This looks like me from the back, I'm even wearing a white shirt. I have slightly bigger lats though :^)
>>
>>35071544
>>35071583
Thanks anons, I just need a catalyst for change. Gym 3 times a week is too hard for me, got to start smaller.
>>
If you have a pull-up bar and some creativity you can get all the ab/biceps/lat-work you need desu, however you want to hit your lower back and your legs aswell, and you kinda need a barbell for that. If I skip a trip to the gym (which happens because im a depressed piece of shit) I do pull-ups with a weighted backpack, decline pushups, high leg situps and chinups. But you will need to do some deadlifts/squats/bench aswell if you wanna get strong and big
>>
>>35071638
I need to build up my core and back a bit more before I can do deadlifts or squats I think.
My posture is fucked from years of laying in bed on my laptop all day and night.
It's slowly improving since I got a job, but my form is all out even with just the bar.
>>
>>35071346
If you can't even manage to get yourself to a gym and stay for 30 minutes, don't even bother. You clearly don't care that much.
>>
>>35072042
I don't care about the gym. I don't enjoy the gym. I don't enjoy exercise.
I'm looking at doing kick boxing, but there's no classes around my area.

But I want to be happy, and I want a girlfriend. R9k says I'll look okay if I lift, so I'll keep trying until I find something I can stick to.
>>
>>35072113
Just die faggot
>>
>>35071346
>If I put a pull up bar in my bedroom doorway, and do a whole bunch of pull ups each time I go in and out of my room, will that be enough to see some results?
yes but...

ideally you want to do a lot of training volume one day, and let your muscles recuperate for a good 48 hours afterwards.
>>
>>35071421
>I think a home gym is the only way I'm going to work out consistently, I'll start saving.
start by cruising craigslist for spinlock dumbbells and weight plates.

with enough weight, you can do almost everything with dumbbells that you can with barbell.

just not cleans or squats (probably a couple others i am not thinking of off-hand, but if you have enough weight, you could theoretically even deadlift with dumbbell... not that i have heard of such a thing)
>>
>>35073419
also if you get oly dumbbell instead of spinlock, you can use all your weights on a barbell when you graduate to real liftan
>>
>>35071583
>doesn't lift
>did a pull up one time
kek..
nice back, skellington
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.