[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you currently or have you had a personal trainer and what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: JjI2Yvp.jpg (234 KB, 1470x2379) Image search: [Google]
JjI2Yvp.jpg
234 KB, 1470x2379
Do you currently or have you had a personal trainer and what were your reasons for one? Just to get motivation or maybe due to anxiety reasons and need someone to talk to and it's cheaper than therapy?

Tell us about your Personal Trainer.
>>
>>35065092
Don't waste your money. If you really need someone to hold your hand while you work out get a gym buddy.
>>
>>35065113
What if you have no friends though?
>>
>>35065170
Seriously? You in a gym with other people. Just make some.
>>
>>35065209
>>35065170
You don't need friends bro. There are a lot of guys/girls at your gym who are in the same situation. Just keep going at around the same time, you should see pretty much the same people there. Engage a conversation. Just talk about your routines/diet/what you do outside of the gym and then ask if they would like to train with you some day and see how it goes. If they say no, maybe they prefer to train alone, try someone else. Nothing to lose and you might even make some friends
>>
>>35065209
I'm not sure how.
>>
>>35065092
Considering hiring one to help me learn better form for Deadlifts and Clean and Jerk
>>
>>35065304
Had the PT for just over a year now and in that time lost just over 3 stone and even got around to coming in once or twice on my own just for cardio but I still can't really look or talk to anyone. Don't really take the initiative in starting up a conversation, feel like it may be rude if I try to talk to the while they are doing their thing.
>>
>>35065387
By taking the initiative to talk to people at the gym not only will you make some freinds and develop your self confidence. Stop making excuses just go out and do it. Don't waste money on PT. It's not rude at all. Try this. See someone a machine/bench and ask if you can jump in with them. Make conversation. Use a simple opener like "what you training today"? Then a follow up like "what's your routine like?" Then just listen to what they say and go with the flow
>>
>>35065305
"Hi, would you spot for me? Thanks"

Stop being mentally deficient
>>
>>35065437
This. Once you actually do it you will see how much of a beta you are being right now.
>>
>>35065437
>>35065423
But I am mentally deficient.
>>
One of my best friends is a personal trainer, so i dont officially have one but he gives me lots of advice and i sometimes work out with him and the rest of our friends. I find it helps a lot because he is able to come up with daily routines that focus more than what i would normally do (curls, lat pulls, and running)
>>
>>35065479
You sound autistic.
>>
>>35065453
Well then I hope you stay mentally deficient
>>
>>35065496
Harsh. And there is nothing wrong with paying for a PT.
>>
>>35065503
I agree there isn't. I'm just trying to help another anon save money while perhaps making a freind.
>>
>>35065321
This desu families. If you don't have any clue it is most possible you do most exercises incorrectly.
Learning the proper technique can be done with the help of YouTube, a trainer or rely on faggoty gym-machines to do it for you
>>
>>35065092

i have a coach that helps with programming, but wattage training for cycling is kind of specialized.

yes, i realize i can read a fucking book for this.
>>
>>35065092
PTs are gains goblins
>>
>>35065092
>paying for advise that is worse than /fit/

Nah never, not a fan of wasting money.

CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME
>>
>>35065092
Who is this woman? I recognize the face, but I can't remember the name...
>>
>>35065622
you poor?
>>
>>35065733
Kate Upton.
>>
I used to have a oly trainer...expensive...but without him I would never have had any idea what I was doing with the most basic lifts and wouldn't have the confidence to work out around others. He also always made sure I believed in myself and could lift more than I thought. Goddamn I wish he could check out my lifts now and tell me how much I have strayed from the correct form.
>>
>>35065924
Did he die?
>>
>>35065924
That's really more of a coach than a trainer, IMO.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.