[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Routines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 10
File: 1299101721317.jpg (763 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
1299101721317.jpg
763 KB, 1280x850
Here's mine, with dumbbells:

>warm up
>8 bicep curls
>8 shoulder presses
>20 deep squats (without DB)
>8 military presses
>"downward stuff whose name I don't know, works your back muscles" 8 reps
>"in the back presses, name unknown, both hand on single weight", 8 reps
>40 sit-ups
>10 pushups from knees

I do two rounds of this, every other day or every three days.
>>
>>35063723

I forgot shrugs, 20 reps, twice.
>>
Post yours.
>>
>>35063723
sorry if i come across as harsh OP, but that routine is utter shit. Get a decent split going, lift heavy, eat big. The fact that you don't even know the names of the exercises you're doing and having one of the worst 'full body' workouts, if you can even call it that suggests you are just starting out, keep at it but do some research.
>>
>>35063861

I'm told this every time I post my routine, yet nobody gives me a better one, and yet I get awesome results.

Can you even point out what's wrong with my programme?

I don't believe in split, I don't care for leg days or arm days. I plainly don't see the point, but feel free to educate me.
>>
>>35063879
Bro if you just googled "routine" and picked one at random you woud probably pick better one than yours. Do some fucking research ead the fuking sticky
>>
>>35063879
Post amazing results
>>
>>35063861
>sorry if i come across as harsh OP, but that routine is utter shit.

While you write me an answer, I'll expand upon your post.

I don't mind you being harsh, but I am interested in specifics. Just saying something is shit without saying why doesn't inform me on anything. I'm interested in improving and I am not asshurted on an anonymous chan.

>Get a decent split going, lift heavy, eat big.

I see no point in splits. The only reason why people do splits, in my understanding, is because they believe you only have a limited time in which to train before your body starts to eat itself or some nonsens of the sort. I do full body, that way, I can rest my arms while I work my legs, and vice versa. If you lift heavy enough, there's no need to 8 rounds of the same exercise. With what I do, I can barely do an extra round. I did once and it took me a week to recover fully, so 2 rounds is just perfect for me.

If you can defend splits, go ahead.

>The fact that you don't even know the names of the exercises you're doing

That's because I took them from a video and I didn't bother memorising the names of each exercise. I can do all of them with perfect form. It doesn't mean as much as you seem to think, and all it takes is a minute on Google to make the difference, which I am sure you can't think is that big a deal. You won't think me more wise because I suddenly know the name of an exercise.

>having one of the worst 'full body' workouts,

Why the quotes? If you can work your entire body in splits, surely you can also do it in one session.

>if you can even call it that s

And why couldn't you? I literally use all muscle groups with this. You seem to think most muscles normally function in isolation or something.

>suggests you are just starting out, keep at it but do some research.

Started some time ago, but knew nothing, so quickly slowed down and stopped, but started again with better information and understanding of the human body and
>>
>>350638
>amazing results

you'll get results doing anything at the start, and chances are what you believe is "amazing" is actually pathetic. I'm not going to write you a routine OP, ffs do what we all did and go do research, stick to basic compounds and progressively overload
>>
>>35063913
>Bro if you just googled "routine" and picked one at random you woud probably pick better one than yours. Do some fucking research ead the fuking sticky

At this point I'll assume you're trolling.

>Bro if you just googled "routine" and picked one at random you woud probably pick better one than yours.

That's what I've done, though. Literally. Then I adapted to my own needs. I've read the sticky many times too.

>>35063916

>Post amazing results

I lost 10 kilos and I look tight as shit now compared to only 2 years ago. My muscles are defined as fuck and I have grown in strength at a spectacular rate. I can lift things with a single hand now that I could barely carry with two before.

>inb4 pics; if you don't trust me, there's no reason you should trust pics from me, I could post someone else's
>>
>>35063926
ok, I've been triggered; this is probably bait but w/e.

Protein synthesis only occurs within the 24-48 hours following your workout, the logic behind splits is to work muscle groups optimally throughout the week and not just once.

You could argue that your "full body" and yes i put it in quotations because it is such a lame excuse for one. You're doing 20 bodyweight squats and you're telling me thats enough for legs? ahhahahaha

the problem with your routine is a lack of volume and probably progressive overload. and by saying you "slowed down and stopped" and started again, pretty much means you just started... again... I would love to see these "amazing results".
>>
>>35063944
without a pic it's impossible to support your claim that you've lost weight and look "tight and defined". post pic with timestamp.
>>
>>35063933
>you'll get results doing anything at the start, and chances are what you believe is "amazing" is actually pathetic.

> I'm not going to write you a routine OP, ffs do what we all did and go do research, stick to basic compounds and progressively overload

The fact that you apparently get angry at a stranger for doing what you say is wrong suggests you're being dishonest. If this was really how it was, you'd point out what I'm doing wrong and rectify it and everyone would be happy. You don't seem able to do this and resort to pathetic excuses like "READ THE STICKY".

You don't have to write me a routine, you just have to point out what it is I'm doing wrong. That takes 10 seconds, and yet you can't seem to do it.

>we all did and go do research,

Sure, as if you personally know anyone else here apart from yourself and, even more ridiculously, as if you could, ever, speak in their name.

I have done my research and my routine is the result of my research and experience. Again, if you think it's bad, say why.

>stick to basic compounds and progressively overload

Doing full body means I work it all, no isolation. Whether I do curls and military presses separately or as one, in one compound, makes little difference in the end, since all muscles get worked together in the grand scheme of things. You may disagree, but you'd have to explain

>progressively overload

I didn't mention that because I thought it went without saying. That's the simplest way of seeing results to me: I am now able to lift so much more than before. How can this be "pathetic"?

Hope you'll honestly try to respond in a constructive manner. If not, why bother responding at all?

I'm going to assume that, short of answering like an adult, you're a manlet getting jealous that someone else is getting results doing his own thing.
>>
>>35063973
also he can only do 10 pushups on his knees hahahahaha. I too look forward to seeing his immense mass!
>>
>>35063944
>"I literally have no evidence of my progress because I look like shit"
>>
>>35063964
>ok, I've been triggered; this is probably bait but w/e.

I don't waste my time with stupid trolling; trolling a fitness board sounds retarded anyway.

>Protein synthesis only occurs within the 24-48 hours following your workout,

I am aware.

>the logic behind splits is to work muscle groups optimally throughout the week and not just once.

Agreed again, but I don't see why my workout isn't optimal. Take my legs: I do 40 squats, deep ones. If I did more, my knees and legs would take much more to recover and would require long rest, which means less sessions. Instead of doing focused workouts, I do everything one day, then a single day is enough to rest, so that in 2 days, I can start again.

The result is I work out more muscles, more often, with less stress on both joints and muscles.

We all agree that stimulation is where it's at and not pain and soreness, correct?

(next point in next post)
>>
>>35063987
>doing full body means I work it all, no isolation.
bicep curls first exercise
>>
Your routine is no gains bullshit OP

Im not posting my whole 'routine' because it'd take too long, but last night was:

Hang snatch 6x3
Clean pulls 4x4
Snatch grip deads 4x4
Snatch BTN press 3x10
Squats 3x5
>>
>>35063879
I honestly would recommend you read (Not skim but actually read) Practical programming for strength training 3rd edition.
Goes over Novice, Intermediate, Advanced routines, the logic behind liftan (helps you make your own routine), diet and it pretty much encompasses people doing sports, athletes, bbers and powerlifters.

There now you don't have an excuse when people call you out on your routine.
>>
>>35063987
I don't even know where to begin with this post hahahaha. Listen new friend, you obviously think you know it all. You don't do any of the big 3 except for bw squats and you can only do 10 pushups on your knees. Increase your damn volume and follow a bro split. If you were really open to adjustments you wouldn't be attacking everyone else hating on what is obviously a sub-par routine
>>
>>35063964
>You could argue that your "full body" and yes i put it in quotations because it is such a lame excuse for one. You're doing 20 bodyweight squats and you're telling me thats enough for legs? ahhahahaha

At this point, you ought to realise that judging the number of reps someone does is absolutely ridiculous if you don't know the person in question. I could have leg complications that you aren't aware of, for instance, or I could simply be a Mr. Skeltal of legendary proportions. Either way, anyone's maximum is the limit, and it makes no difference what that is. If you can only do 10 reps of this or that weight before failure, then that's that, and you work with that. That's what I do for legs. 40 deep squats have worked amazingly well for my quads, which are now some of the most impressive difference in my physique. I certainly could do more, and used to do more when my routine had 4 rounds with less exercises, but one can't do everything.

The way it's going, if I did more than 40, I would have problems walking the next day, which happens even at 40. I have weak knows and I must take that into consideration.

>ahahhahaha

This further confirms that you put way too much ego in this conversation. Stay cool.
>>
>>>/trash/
>>
Don't listen to these haters OP
"downward stuff whose name I don't know, works your back muscles" is the best exercise in your routine and you should double the amount
and add some more curls and you're set
i would also add overhead deadlift
>>
>>35064032
Don't forget high bar deadlifts
>>
>>35064032
>>35064038
Pretty much this , sometimes I also add Barbell flies but it makes me look bigger than that guy with cmon and scoops whose name I don't know.
>>
>>35063964
>the problem with your routine is a lack of volume and probably progressive overload.

Volume means shit. I could lift more times less weight and get more volume and way less results. People who speak of volume tend to do so for show off value. Who gives a fuck how many tons you lifted total?

I constantly add more weight, but only when I am 150% sure I can. Once I reached that stage, I add a kilo or 2. Then it's hard for some time, and I get better, and when I completely master the 8 reps again, more weight.

I plateaued when I did less than 3 or 4 workouts a week. That's why I don't split. If I did upper body on Monday, and only resumed on Friday, I'd get the same results. That's not enough for me. That's just maintenance. For my body, I need to work that shit every other day or every 3 days. Less and I don't progress. That much has become very obvious to me.

>I would love to see these "amazing results".

But I told you already. If you can't take my word for it, there's no point posting pictures. And even if I did that, it's only amazing by comparison to how I was before. Moreover, I doubt you need more evidence to be convinced that what I do is wrong, right?

Offer any advice you want, I consider everything, without ego, for the explicit purpose of improving.
>>
>>35064029
Oh dear lord my sides, I really hope what you're typing is bait. Ok I'm off to bed, hopefully you can see by not 1 person agreeing with you that you're wrong. I really hope you make it. But i doubt it.
>>
>>35063973
>without a pic it's impossible to support your claim that you've lost weight and look "tight and defined". post pic with timestamp.

I don't have to, it doesn't matter. If you don't believe me, then that's that. We both know that whatever I post, you've already decided what you'd say about it.
>>
>>35064048
>Who gives a fuck how many tons you lifted total?
Your muscles.
>>
>>35064048
Dude, I'll try be nice but inside I am edging to hop onto the hate train. If you were really here looking for change and advice, surely you would have accepted everyone's valid (very valid) opinions. What you're doing is not optimal period. How do i know? you would have to be such an anomaly it's crazy to even think about and how would u know if a brosplit with more volume doesnt work for you if you've never fucking tried it. seriously OP, you don't know it all, far from it.
Regards, a concerned slightly pissed off 4chisle user
>>
>>35063989
>also he can only do 10 pushups on his knees hahahahaha.

I call them girl push-ups. I can do more than 10, probably 20 to 25, but I don't try to go to failure with this. I've only recently learned good form for pushups (elbows don't bend sideways right below one's shoulder, but at a 45 angle, much below shoulder level, from above) and this has made a huge difference.

When I was a teen, I could do 30 pushups, real ones, and I did this daily. But I gained weight later on and completely stopped pushups after 16 or so. I got weaker and heavier. Originally, I couldn't even do one girly pushup well. So I did them against a fence, at an angle. I started doing pushups this way, to gradually get enough strength to do a few girl pushups.

Then I was able to do 5, then 10. Now I can do ten with ease, and I often add a set of these near the end of my work out.

You can laugh all you want, because I am not ashamed of where I started. I know where I started and I deal with it entirely. I was weak as fuck and I grew stronger, and the fact that my stronger still makes you laugh is not a problem to me. It just makes you sound like a dick. Your call.
>>
>2015
>not doing"downward stuff whose name I don't know, works your back muscles" 8 reps, and "in the back presses, name unknown, both hand on single weight", 8 reps

it's like you guys don't even want to make it
>>
>>35064051
This translated to english: "I have no gains and trying to win an argument over the interwebz."
>>
OP worked out 2 years to lose 10kg and be able to do bodyweight squat.

Nahhhh, everything is going fine OP, your results are amazing, absolutely keep doing your sophisticated routine, maybe write a book about all the science behind it.
>>
>>35064004
>bicep curls first exercise

Yes, but right after that, I work the rest. Even a bicep curl doesn't use just one muscle, especially with DB. What's wrong with isolation exercises if you do all of them?

>Your routine is no gains bullshit OP

Do you want to know where I got my routine from? Because it seems to work for me, and I got it from someone who definitely has way more muscle mass than I would ever want to have. Do you want me to spend time looking for it?

I'll look up your routine, but it'll take some time because none of those names ring any bell to me. Except squats.

>15 squats

I assume you're not the guy who mocked me for doing 40 in a session. I wonder what this guy has to say about it.
>>
>>35064051
>We both know that whatever I post, you've already decided what you'd say about it.
You said your body was awesome and tight as fuck. If you have a lot of visible muscle mass, nobody can say that you don't. You can literally prove your point and win the argument by posting a simple picture.
But you're just a pussy with a shit body who brags on the internet, so you're not gonna post shit, are you. Keep on making excuses.
>>
>>35064006
>Hang snatch 6x3

Does that mean you do sets of 3, six times? Do you take a break between each set or do you do another exercise in between?

I don't have a bar bell or weights for it.

>clean pulls

Another barbell exercise. I don't like these exercises because of potential back injuries. Not that I'd ever have enough money or space to have this equipment anyway. No gym available, either.

I guess the rest of it is barbell stuff. I somehow doubt that this works your entire body more than my own routine does. I work on the assumption that most exercises exercise a ton of muscles at once, and covering all areas should work pretty well.

If this worked for you, I'm glad, but what kind of objectives do you have? Nobody bothered asking me what mine were, but I don't aim for the power-lifter look at all.
>>
>>35064011
>There now you don't have an excuse when people call you out on your routine.

>implying I would actually try to choose a bad routine for myself just so I can spite other people and be upset when they call my bluff

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely take a look.
>>
>>35064119
i'm with you OP
all these guys want to look like bodybuilders, and i just want to look like brad pitt in fight club. so i am also working on exercises to tone my body instead of getting huge

[spoiler]this almost physically hurt me to type out. im fascinated by OP and how he reasons[/spoiler]
>>
>>35064019
>Listen new friend, you obviously think you know it all.

I wouldn't ask questions if I did.

>Increase your damn volume

No point in doing this if it means longer recovery time, which doesn't work for me. I need more frequent training, rather than less.

>You don't do any of the big 3

Big 3 what?

>you can only do 10 pushups on your knees.

Yes, which is 200% more than I could a few months ago only. I also said I could do more, but preferred to do more sets, rather than one longer set.

>If you were really open to adjustments you wouldn't be attacking everyone else

I'm not attacking anyone, I'm responding and asking questions. You're the one who continuously laugh at me and calls me names, don't be projecting.
>>
>>35064119
You won't ever in your life move a barbell with enough weight to inure yourself in the big three.

If you are not baiting you are the most delusional fuck I have ever seen.

Routines are incredibly well researched as over the years of people exerting them and excelling at the sport the main factors of successfull training is long know.

You can keep running your bullshit routine and be shit at lifting.
I understand that some people have absolutely no motivation to be good at what they do in life.
They work their average job being average at it, they date average women and they have "hobbies" they are average at.

In your case you are actually far below average, you are impressively shit.

It's just people like you always stay at the same level.
You don't improve because you never use your brain to consider things.

You will forever lift weights that teenagers can lift and you will forever look like you have been working out for 3 months.

But hey, if you are okay with that then that's alright.

Just do me one favor and never give anyone advice, not on the internet and not in real life.

Because people that seek advice do not deserve to be misguided by losers.
>>
>>35064032
>"downward stuff whose name I don't know, works your back muscles" is the best exercise in your routine and you should double the amount
>and add some more curls and you're set

I dislike that exercise the most, and possibly because even my heaviest weight seems too easy and I get bored. Should I just go heavier with this?

>overhead deadlift

Squatting with DB? OK.

What about people who say they only do 12 sets max per session? (Question to everyone.)
>>
>>35064119

>I guess the rest of it is barbell stuff. I somehow doubt that this works your entire body more than my own routine does. I work on the assumption that most exercises exercise a ton of muscles at once, and covering all areas should work pretty well.

The snatch works every single muscle in your body aside from your chest, even then you can argue that the pecs minor is recruited in the lockout. A single max effort snatch probably works your body more than your entire 'routine'.

If you want to be strong, barbell training is the best way to achieve this. If you want to look good the same is true.
>>
>>35063861
>taking the bait
>>
>>35064054
>Your muscles.

I can lift a ton by lifting 1 kilo a shitloads of time. I doubt I'll gain much mass from that. That's my point.
>>
>>35064155
Different guy but you can fuck yourself up with shit Deadlift or squat form even with light weight (2pl8 or less).

However, OP seems like a weak willed faggot so doubt he'll even do 1pl8 much less 2 or more.

Also love the fact that he said your routine was a powerlifter one topkek.
>>
>>35064079
KEK
>>
>>35064170
Considering how retarded OP is he might actually injure with his baby weights.

OP STAY AWAY FROM BARBELLS
NOT SAFE
I REPEAT
NOT
SAFE
ABORT
>>
>>35064064
>Dude, I'll try be nice but inside I am edging to hop onto the hate train.

Ask yourself why if you want to get something from this conversation.

> If you were really here looking for change and advice, surely you would have accepted everyone's valid (very valid) opinions.

I take nothing for granted, but I listen. If you are unable to explain to me why you think this and that, and if you can't defend your positions, this makes me less inclined to believe you (on a website full of trolls, moreover). That's all. I only ask that you defend your positions in a way that gives me confidence that you know your stuff.

The main thing is I don't see why lifting the same amount of weight on DB as on BB would make a difference (it may, for all I know).

I can't imagine doing a session where I just do squats and situps, and nothing for days. My session wouldn't necessarily be longer than in my full body workouts, you know?

I can't do much more than 40 squats, regardless of what I do with the rest of my body, so splitting that would just make it so I do less work on everything.

>Monday: upper body, same volume because it's my max already
>wed: same amount of legs and situps
>fri: monday again

I'm doing my max on full body work outs already.
>>
>>35064155
BRUH
>>
Holy fuck that made me kek

>people actually taking the bait
>>
>>35064079
>it's like you guys don't even want to make it

>knowing the name of an exercise improves gains
>>
>>35064080

If I did, I'd just post a picture of my improved bod, but I'm not here for that.
>>
>>35064205

You're assuming that a split would have you doing your backwards-ass routine over multiple days.

A set of 5 squats is done with a much higher weight than a set of ten, same when you go down from five to triples. In an ideal program you mix volume with intensity.

You need to conpletely abandon what you are soing and start from scratch with an established routine or program, whether it's PPL or upper/lower or a five day brosplit.
>>
>>35064106
>You said your body was awesome and tight as fuck.

It is, by comparison to what it used to be.

I don't think an actual picture of my body would be telling. I started lifting seriously only since around May this year. That's not much time.
>>
>>35064141

Appreciated.
>>
>>35063723
Is this a troll?
Anyway, my routine is actually a 5 day split that's too long to post (high volume for big growth) but I'll give a rundown. My training philosophy is to spend a lot of time on the heavy compounds, then work accessories that target those same muscles afterwards, then accessories that target assisting muscles.
M-chest day, start with 8 sets of bench working up from the bar to a heavy double or triple (my triple this week was 295). After that I use the chest flye machine for 3 sets of 8, tight squeeze and slow negative. Weighted dips with chains after that, 5 sets of 8-10. Next is incline db press, with one arm at a time, 3 sets of 8. After that dumbbell pullovers, 3 sets of 12. After that I hit my Triceps for 6-12 sets with 2-4 exercises.
T- Deadlifts, 7 or 8 sets up to heavy double or triple. Picked up 465 for 2 this week. After that some grip work followed by hamstring curls and 2 biceps exercises at 3x8.
W-shoulder press, same style, 7 or 8 sets up to heavy work, then log press, front raises, Lat raises, shrugs. Then Triceps and face pulls.
Th- squats, I actually usually do around 10-12 sets of squats and try to vary speed and power while also going for reasonably heavy squats (365 for 5 is my peak set right now). After that I superset leg extensions (single leg) and calf raises for 4 sets, then I hit my core for 3 exercises, usually 2 dynamic and one static.
F- pull ups, weighted, 7 sets up to a heavy triple, one set of 3 where my workout partner grabs my legs at the top and pulls my down, and then a weightless set of 8 as explosively as possible. My peak set yesterday was 115 pounds. Then I do cable rows, db rows and cable pullbacks, and hit my biceps again for a few sets.
For cardio I swim on my lunch break twice a week and once on the weekend.
Right now I weigh 185 at 5'10" and have decent, but not really impressive lifts except for my pull ups.
>>
>>35063723
Bench
Diddylift

Bench
Squat

Bench
Latpulldown
>>
>>35064155
>You won't ever in your life move a barbell with enough weight to inure yourself in the big three.

I still don't know what the big 3 are. To me, big 3 is: Clarke, Heinlein, and Asimov.

Besides, I'm pretty sure plenty of people get back injuries lifting stuff. That's not uncommon at all.

>If you are not baiting you are the most delusional fuck I have ever seen.

Says the chap who thinks back injuries are unlikely with lifting heavy objects.

>Routines are incredibly well researched as over the years of people exerting them and excelling at the sport the main factors of successfull training is long know.

Which is why it's so hard for you to pinpoint a successful work out without getting so ass-angered.

>You can keep running your bullshit routine and be shit at lifting.

And?

>I understand that some people have absolutely no motivation to be good at what they do in life.

I train every other day, that's pretty motivated. Confusing motivation with bad information is just idiotic.

>They work their average job being average at it, they date average women and they have "hobbies" they are average at

So this is what it is. "They." It's not even about me anymore, and I think it never was. You have some issue with being mediocre, because you probably think you are, and you think you spotted that in me, so you attack it: a cunning way to attack what you hate in yourself without actually having to attack yourself. Typical projection. Glad we figured this out.

>sorry about your girlfriend

Also, everything else you said I countered in previous posts: I get gains, I get strength, I look better and I feel better. Progress is objectively here, whether you get a pick of me naked to fap to or not.
>>
>>35064160
>If you want to be strong, barbell training is the best way to achieve this. If you want to look good the same is true.

I beg to differ.
>>
>>35064170

>powerlifting

powerlifting
ˈpʌʊəlJftJŋ/
noun
a form of competitive weightlifting in which contestants attempt three types of lift in a set sequence.
>>
>>35064232
>You're assuming that a split would have you doing your backwards-ass routine over multiple days.

I assume this because it's true. You must have missed that part: I do my max on a full body work out. I cannot do more, even if I single out my legs or abs. That's why I don't split.

Maybe I'll change if I get to the point where I need to do situps for 2 hours to get results, but until then, no splitting for me.

>A set of 5 squats is done with a much higher weight than a set of ten

Yes, but for now, my own weight is enough. I'm considering doing them with a DB in my hands, but I'm going slow as I don't want to injure myself in any way.

>You need to conpletely abandon what you are soing and start from scratch with an established routine or program, whether it's PPL or upper/lower or a five day brosplit.

I don't think that's sound advice. I also tend to think bodies are not the prissy finicky bitches you guys seem to think. As long as I work my muscles, they will grow, as long as I push my limits, they will grow. That is how it has worked so far: I can lift more, I am stronger, and I look better and I feel better too.

Also, I'll post where I found my routine in its basic shape, so you can direct your attacks towards that guy. I actually want to see this.
>>
HERE IT IS:

https://youtu.be/mgEd_jqkg0M

This is the video I originally used to shape my work out sessions.

I don't even aim to be this muscly, but I definitely want to hear you guys about this guy. Now you can post your bods and that way we can compare.

Gogogogogo.
>>
>>35064286
Oh and for OP's benefit, this routine came from a few years of training a variety of routines. Things I've learned are that diet is extremely important to any progress you're going to see. If you want to get stronger, make sure you're eating enough. If you want to increase muscle mass, eat plenty of protein. If you want to lose weight, cut your calories a little. If you want to be lean but strong, eat at or just above or below maintenance with the proper proportional intake of protein. Carbs are very important for you too, by the sounds of it. The reason this is so key to growth is that your muscles need to grow to get stronger, and you need to have energy to push yourself harder. Protein helps growth, carbs helps you push yourself.
Now OP, I started on a routine like yours several years ago, found from a video online with huge guy doing circuit with relatively light weight. It helped me go from weak and useless to slightly better than normal adult male shape. It does have its place, and if you only want that, I guess you're all set.
However, if you want to get bigger or stronger, volume and progressive overload are key training principles.
Your muscles grow back stronger after being broken down from hard work. The harder the exertion, the harder they work to grow back. I'm oversimplifying things a great deal, but that's not a bad way to think about it. So consider this; while you may believe you're currently giving maximum effort, imagine your body being an engine full of fuel. While you may feel like you're wearing your muscles out now, you're surely not exhausted overall halfway through your workout. If you cut out the squats, etc. after doing your upper body work then you could surely add a little more upper body work, even if you really had to push yourself. Another thing to consider is that if you do 40 reps of something in one set, if you split it into 4 sets with brief rests you woukd be able to increase overall volume. (cont)
>>
>>35063723
Newfriend here, rate plz

>Monday:
Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Weighted chins 2 x 6-8
Squat 2 x 5, 1 x 5+

>Wednesday:
Bench press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
EZ curl bar curl 2 x 10-15
Deadlift 5+

>Friday:
Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Weighted chins 2 x 6-8
Squat 2 x 5, 1 x 5+

might add neck harness'

+ push ups and chin up at home everyday
>>
My lower body has been responding really well to Texas Method while my upper body has been stalling, so I'm going to try to mix it up like this:

Rate please

Sunday:
Squat 5x5 (75% 1RM)
Deadlift 1x5 (New 5RM)

Tuesday:
Squat 2x5 (recovery, 80% of Sunday's workout)
Bench Press 3x6
Barbell Row 3x6
OHP 1x6
Weighted Chinup 1x6
Incline DB Bench 3x8-12
Face Pulls 3x8-12

Thursday:
Squat 1x5 (New 5RM)
Weighted Hyperextensions 3x8-12
Weighted Situps 3x8-12

Friday:
Spoto Press 6x4
Pause Barbell Rows 6x4
OHP 1x10
Weighted Chinups 1x10
Closegrip Bench 3x8-12
Curls 3x8-12
>>
>>35064420
>Now OP, I started on a routine like yours several years ago, found from a video online with huge guy doing circuit with relatively light weight. It helped me go from weak and useless to slightly better than normal adult male shape. It does have its place, and if you only want that, I guess you're all set.

Sounds like the video I posted... But yeah, I started at weak as shit, after years and years of not doing any sports.

I'm well informed on protein and weightloss, in a way nobody here would doubt as much as my expertise on training (which I don't really claim to have, I just question stuff, and I realise one needs to because of all the bro science out there).

I agree with you on a lot, but I came to the conclusion that working out more and needing more rest didn't work for me as of now. Lifting doesn't seem any easier the next session, while if I do them less spaced out, I feel a noticeable improvement.

Question: is it impossible to get fit and nice and a bit beefy on DB?
>>
http://www.richard-pye.talktalk.net/practicalprogramming.pdf

Is this the book?

>Rippetoe
>Kilgore
>amabeing trolled
>>
>>35064410

Don't even pretend I didn't post that.
>>
Heavy Light split

Monday:
Squats 3x3
Bench 3x3
Skullcrusher 4x8

Tuesday:
Kroc row 3x12
Chins 3x
DB curls 3x10
Rear delf flies 3x10

Thursday:
Incline DB Bench 3x12
DB flies 3x12
Rope pushdown 3x12
Legpress 3x10
Lunges 3x12
calves

Friday:
Deadlift 3x3
OHP 3x6
Biceps EZ bar 4x8
Hanging leg raise 3x
>>
>>35064499
>Monday:
>Squats 3x3
>Bench 3x3
>Skullcrusher 4x8

Question, what happens after 1 set of Squats, do you rest a little and do the other 2 sets or do you mix sets?
>>
>>35064420
Increasing overall volume increases lactic acid buildup, breaks down your muscle further and invites greater muscle growth in the end with proper diet. Pushing for progressive overload allows you to increase volume regularly, which means you should see more regular progress. I know you're saying you push yourself to maximum now, but that's part of the nature of doing a circuit workout instead of doing each exercise by itself.
In your routine, for example, doing curls before rows puts exhaustion on your biceps before trying to do the best you can on rows. This will slow your back development because you're not able to push your back harder. If you did a split, you could focus expressly on exercises for your back, and then do biceps on another day, and expend all your strength and energy on those muscles separately, instead of trying to do rows after your biceps, which assist your back in rows, have already been exhausted from curls. That's why in my workout I go for the compound exercises first that work entire muscle groups, then after that I try to focus on the individually isolated muscles; progressive overload increases the overall strength of the muscles week after week, allowing me to break down more and repair more with good diet each week. Separating into five days allows me to really focus on each one. When I moved on from a circuit first I only did a two day split, upper and lower body, so it might not be a bad idea to try that first. Like I said, if you focus on pushing yourself in that nature, you'll see your potential go up a lot faster. As it is, you're exhausting you overall body before you get the chance to push each muscle group to its maximum. I hope this makes sense to you, and it might help you hit you goals a little more.
Oh and I'd also like to point out that it's unlikely that the guy in the video uses this workout, and that anything with "shortcuts" in its name should be regarded with caution when it comes to fitness.
>>
>>35064514
>Increasing overall volume increases lactic acid buildup, breaks down your muscle further and invites greater muscle growth in the end with proper diet.

What about people who say that past 45 minutes of training, you enter cardio mode and any further effort will not help? Assuming 45 minutes is an average, is there any truth to this?
>>
>>35064453
How have you come to this conclusion though, I'm curious? It really takes a couple of weeks for your body to adjust to higher volume, but once you do adjust things should improve.
And I would say that it's not impossible to get beefy with just dumbbells, but it is impossible to get beefy with low volume.
>>
>>35064521
No, that's baloney for wimps. People who believe that just don't want to push harder. My workouts are approximately 80-90 minutes and I'm getting bigger all the time.
>>
>>35064514
>I know you're saying you push yourself to maximum now, but that's part of the nature of doing a circuit workout instead of doing each exercise by itself.

Maximum, without going to failure, that is. On most exercises, I don't near failure.

I'm not too familiar with "circuit workout" but I am not tied to that program. I add things sometimes, as I go along. I just needed a base to work from, as a noob. Before, I did random moves I thought of myself or had seen in movies or whatever, and I wasn't happy with it. Then I looked up some videos and such, and built from that.

Weight does increase, I lift way more than I used to, with the same ease now, so I see an absolute progress.

My only restrains are that I only do DB and bodyweight and I don't go to the gym.
>>
>>35064509
3x3 @ 85-90% of 1 Rm

Don't mix anything do 1 set, rest as long as you need and do another.
>>
>>35064514
>In your routine, for example, doing curls before rows puts exhaustion on your biceps before trying to do the best you can on rows. This will slow your back development because you're not able to push your back harder

OK, this is a good point. I had assumed that my muscles weren't "lessened" enough to make a difference in further exercises, but yeah. I see.

I considered doing splits some time ago because I was doing 4 rounds and it exhausted me.

Question: if I do 2 sets of curls, for instance, is it better to do them in a row, or with other sets in between? If in a row, I won't do the second set as well or as easily, but is that a bad or a good thing?
>>
>>35064514
>When I moved on from a circuit first I only did a two day split, upper and lower body, so it might not be a bad idea to try that first. Like I said, if you focus on pushing yourself in that nature, you'll see your potential go up a lot faster.

Most likely what I'll do. But for lower body, I only have squats and sit-ups. Should I do them with some weight on me?
>>
>>35064514
>Oh and I'd also like to point out that it's unlikely that the guy in the video uses this workout, and that anything with "shortcuts" in its name should be regarded with caution when it comes to fitness.

True. I'm suspicious of everything, hence my barrage of questions. I get even more suspicious when people react defensively to my questions. Thank you for taking the time and giving good answers. You make perfect sense to me.
>>
>>35064410

>six pac shortcuts

O lawdy
>>
>>35064530
>How have you come to this conclusion though, I'm curious?

Some time ago, I did 3 rounds of my routine, instead of 2, which took over an hour and a half, and that's a lot even for a better athlete than my poor self, and it took me literally 5 days or so to get back to normal. After that, the following session felt like I had gone backwards, whereas doing more frequent sessions make me feel more ease with the lifting, like I'm progressing, whereas the other one feels like maintenance only, like I lose momentum if I pause too long.

That's my main problem with splits.

>but it is impossible to get beefy with low volume.

Most of my exercises are upper body, should I split those and do more of them? How many sets is ideal with any given exercise?

Assuming one chooses 8 reps because 9 is virtually failure, how many sets is ideal? I doubt I can do more than 4 or 5 sets well. Is 2 too little?
>>
>>35064539
>No, that's baloney for wimps. People who believe that just don't want to push harder. My workouts are approximately 80-90 minutes and I'm getting bigger all the time.

OK, I thought so too. Probably a rumor launched by gym-owners to get more noobs while at the same time getting them for less time.
>>
>>35064544
>@ 85-90% of 1 Rm

I apologise for my ignorance, but I literally don't know what Rm is.

>>35064598

Ah come on, you can do better. I know the title is retarded but I'm interested in the routine he shows there. Give me noteworthy comments on why it sucks, or not, and I'll pay attention.
>>
>>35064401

Problem is that you're not pushing your limits. 20, even 50+, bodyweight squats is not something an adult should be proud of. My six year old nephew does shit like that for fun. Same goes for pushups; 50 pushups is a warmup for anyone serious about their training. You may feel that you're taxing your muscles because you sweat a bit and get a bit tired, but you're really not.

You can put your fingers in your ears and shout LALALALA all you want but your ideas are retarded and that's reflected in the fact that as a fully grown human you feel 10 pushups from the knees is an adequate workout.

Go visit Catalyst Athletics or Cal Strength and see how they program lifters. Go read articles by Glen Pendlay, Greg Everett or Mark Rippetoe to understand why your basic principles are wrong.
>>
>mentions big 3 of science fiction
>programming book has Heinlein quote at beginning

Cool.
>>
>>35064626

It's too easy. This is literally a workout for lazy people who want to pretend they work out. There's neither adequate volume and zero intensity.

There are no full body compounds in there. Even bodybuilders who are concerned primarily with how they look, not how they perform, will make big barbell compound movements the core of their workouts.
>>
File: name unknown.jpg (16 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
name unknown.jpg
16 KB, 275x275
> in the back presses, name unknown, both hand on single weight
This OP?
>>
>>35064640
>Problem is that you're not pushing your limits. 20, even 50+, bodyweight squats is not something an adult should be proud of.

I'll assume I'm the only person who knows what my limits are, and I never said I was "proud". Not once. I only said that's what I can do. I don't think I should be "ashamed" of it either, that's how things are for now and that's what I work with. What I did or did not do in the past, that led to this, is something I have completely removed from my life because it serves no purpose to remind myself I was a weakling who didn't even try. I'm aware of my past and fine with it, but shaming oneself serves nothing. Just to be clear.

>My six year old nephew does shit like that for fun.

Sure, but so could I at that age. That's not really a point.

>Same goes for pushups; 50 pushups is a warmup for anyone serious about their training.

That's silly. No adult who has never trained and only starts will do 50 pushups as a warmup. And even if that were the case, it isn't my case, so it doesn't matter. I work with the strength I have, not the estimated average according to you. You just want to make me feel bad but it doesn't work and it isn't useful.

> You may feel that you're taxing your muscles because you sweat a bit and get a bit tired, but you're really not.

Incorrect. You cannot judge this any better than I am, you can only make gross assumptions and be wrong at that. I have injured my elbow pretty badly because I pushed myself too far.

I don't get tired, though. Stamina is no longer a problem, another false assumption on your part.

>You can put your fingers in your ears and shout LALALALA all you want

Which I don't, but telling me about how kids of 6 can do things grown men can't isn't worth listening to. Telling me the man on the street can casually do 50 pushups is more BS that nobody needs to hear.

(cont.)
>>
>>35064640

>the fact that as a fully grown human you feel 10 pushups from the knees is an adequate workout.

I certainly hope "bad faith" exists in English because you're a master at it. I never said it was "adequate", that's you making stuff up. I said it's what I can do. I never said I was proud or ashamed, I just said ten girl pushups is where I am at at the moment, whether you like it or not. I won't magically get more strength because you think I should feel bad about it.

>Go visit Catalyst Athletics or Cal Strength and see how they program lifters. Go read articles by Glen Pendlay, Greg Everett or Mark Rippetoe to understand why your basic principles are wrong.

I'm reading the Programming book right now, and I certainly hope their arguments will be stronger than yours.

http://www.richard-pye.talktalk.net/practicalprogramming.pdf

What's your opinion on this book?
>>
>>35064679
>It's too easy. This is literally a workout for lazy people who want to pretend they work out. There's neither adequate volume and zero intensity.

if you mean mine, I'll point out that you don't even know how much I lift, so that's that for intensity. If 8 reps is the max I can do before nearing failure, then that's the required intensity for this amount of rep, correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
Tuesday:
Squat / Bench / Pendlay
5x10 DB Bench
5x10 Tricep Pushdowns

Thursday:
Squat / Military / Deadlift
5x10 DB Military Press
5x10 Chin-ups

Saturday:
Squat / Bench / Pendlay
5x10 LTE
5x10 Ab-Rollouts

Optional:
5x10 Hammer Curls
5x10 Soleus machine

Warm-up:
3x10 Shoulder dislocation
3x10 Band pull-apart
3x05 Knee banded squats

Rest day:
2-3x30 Hamstring foam roll
2-3x30 Glute foam roll
2-3x30 Hip flexor foam roll
2-3x20s Hamstring stretch
2-3x20s Hip flexor stretch
2-3x20s Frog stretch
2-3x20s Glute stretch

THIS IS MADCOW 5x5 IN CASE YOURE WONDERING OF THE SQUAT, BENCH AND DEADLIFT E.T.C REP SCHEME

There some miscellaneous stretching stuff on there that needs work.
Interested in opinions.
>>
File: name I don't know.jpg (419 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
name I don't know.jpg
419 KB, 850x567
> downward stuff whose name I don't know, works your back muscles
This OP?
>>
>>35064679
>There are no full body compounds in there. Even bodybuilders who are concerned primarily with how they look, not how they perform, will make big barbell compound movements the core of their workouts.

I can compound my curls with my military presses if you want, but I'm not sure it makes a big difference. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between 8 curls and then 8 military presses and doing 4 compound movements consisting of curls followed immediately by mil. presses? I activate the same muscles in both cases. Does it matter so much that the activation happens at a slightly delayed time? Considering how muscle growth is, slow as fuck, does it really matter so much?
>>
>>35064696

Yes.

I recently found out that if I spread my elbow parallel to my shoulders, it doesn't hurt my elbows.

I used to keep my elbows where they are at the beginning of the rep. Hurt like a bitch, the joint, not the muscle.

This is one exercise where I got so much stronger. It used to be hard as fuck on small weights, but now I can do 15 reps with 10 kilos or so.
>>
>>35064613
That sounds like it may be a symptom of diet too. For example, your diet should include enough protein to allow you to recover from going to near failure.
My suggestion would be to group your exercises together by body part, for example all back exercises together, and supplement with another one or two back exercises. Then do 3 or 5 sets of each exercise, going for 5 or 8 repetitions of that exercise. You should complete a set, rest for a minute or two, then do another set of the same exercise until you complete all sets. Then you would move on to the next exercise. Another thing splits help with is the ability to identify and then target problem areas. For example, focusing on my bench press, which targets several muscles but focuses on the chest, allowed me to identify what was holding me back from improving my bench press (I would get stuck at the same part of the lift on heavier sets, and I realized it was my Triceps that were weak) so then I adjusted my routine to include more tricep work after I do bench press, and it took a few weeks before my Triceps got used to it but once they did my bench began to increase steadily again. Anyway, I hope you figure out a routine that works a bit better for you because of this. Yours will be able to keep you "in shape" by normie standards, but it would take a long time and a perfect diet to get properly fit from it.
>>
>>35064679
>This is literally a workout for lazy people who want to pretend they work out.

Lazy people don't pretend they work out. They just don't work out.
>>
>>35064716
>>35064699

Practical Programming is a great book that will introduce you to concepts like linear progression and periodisation.

As for the other stuff all I'm hearing is "i'm happy being your average underachiever". Every athlete, every person serious about training and developing their body will eventually pick up a bar and start hitting the major compounds - squat, deadlift and bench press - hard. Most of us have been on this journey; spending a year or so fucking about with sub-par training and nutrition, defending it because we're not a meathead. Eventually though you realise that you're wasting your time and treading water.
>>
>>35064731
>3x10 Shoulder dislocation

That's fucking hardcore.
>>
>>35064731
>Rest day:
>2-3x30 Hamstring foam roll
>2-3x30 Glute foam roll
>2-3x30 Hip flexor foam roll
>2-3x20s Hamstring stretch
>2-3x20s Hip flexor stretch
>2-3x20s Frog stretch
>2-3x20s Glute stretch

"Rest" day.

I can't give you my opinion, you're more advanced than I am. Show us some pics.
>>
>>35064737

Yes, but without the bench. I only have enough money for my fitness to spend on DB and related weights.
>>
>>35064789

Shoulder dislocs are when you hold a broom and move it from your front, over your head and down to your arse with arms locked.
>>
>>35064770
>That sounds like it may be a symptom of diet too. For example, your diet should include enough protein to allow you to recover from going to near failure.

I wasn't even going near failure. I was told not to, that stimulated a muscle was better than making it intensely stressed. Not sure what to think.

Keep in mind I'm new at all this, and in the past, I wasn't a sportsman at all. Maybe most of you skipped that bit. I was the classic skinnyfat sort of guy and from the ages of 14 to 30, I virtually never practiced a sport and put on 20 kilos.

>Yours will be able to keep you "in shape" by normie standards, but it would take a long time and a perfect diet to get properly fit from it.

OK. Another problem is my knowledge of exercises is very limited and I can only think of one exercise for my back. I only have DB, also.
>>
>>35063879
Im on this one myself. Try it out its loads better than doing 20 bodyweight squats
>>
>>35064797
>>35064763

I don't know if you understood yet, but everything in your routine is out of proportion. You do too much isolation, and too little volume for the exercises that should matter.

A full body workout is not a sequence of isolation exercises that target approximately every muscular group ; it is rather a set of compound exercises that complement each other in a nice way.

Also, consider sets&reps rather than circuits.
>>
>>35064782
>As for the other stuff all I'm hearing is "i'm happy being your average underachiever"

You're not. For some reason, you just want to think that.

>Every athlete, every person serious about training and developing their body will eventually pick up a bar and start hitting the major compounds - squat, deadlift and bench press - hard.

If I could, I would, except deadlifts because I banned these from my life, to prevent back injuries. As I stated many times: I don't have the money for this equipment and gym is not an option either. Stop acting like you don't understand the words I'm posting.

>sub-par training and nutrition, defending it because we're not a meathead.

You know literally nothing of my nutrition. Your intellectual dishonesty is why I cannot take you seriously.

>Eventually though you realise that you're wasting your time and treading water.

I have already stated that I have obtained results on every level: muscle growth (damn obvious in my arms and thighs), better esthetics, more strength, more ability in my daily life, etc. I even feel like I have some underlying armor in my body now. That's not wasting time or treading water, no matter how badly you want me to be wasting my time. I don't know that there aren't better ways, with DB only, but I do know that it isn't useless.
>>
>>35064855
>You do too much isolation

What's wrong with isolation if you work all muscles?
>>
>>35063987
Compounds as in compound exercises.
>Squats
>Deadlifts
>Bench press
>Ohp
Etc.
>>
>>35064855
>Also, consider sets&reps rather than circuits.

I don't understand the difference. I do sets and reps. Do you mean splits?
>>
>>35064888

Correct me if I'm wrong: compound is when two joints per limb are required to perform the exercise, right? And that's if we exclude wrists from being joints.
>>
>>35064885
>if you work all muscles
You actually don't. Not with your routine at least.
>>
>>35064789
I also like to deafen myself with loud metal she squatting.

>>35064795
Mobility work is very important, especially since I'm still the thing to lift through a lowerback injury. This prehab junk should interfere too much if at all with my progression, or at least it hasn't yet.

Lowerbody mobility is VERY important if you wish to stay injury free, ideally you should be spending 20 minutes warming up before lifting but in my current gym that's a bit unrealistic so I do a lot at home before gym.
I basically foam roll daily and I feel great.

As for pictures of myself? I'm dyed, not a gonna lie, my stats are
>150kg squat
>160kg deadlift
>70kg bench
So as you can imagine I look pretty small and crap.
>>
>>35064925
>You actually don't. Not with your routine at least.

OK. Name a few muscles I don't work with my routine.
>>
>>35064892
I don't think you know what the word "split" really means.

Let me put that in a simple way:
If you do 10 pushups at the end of every "round" for 2 rounds, you make less gains than if you did 2 sets of 10 pushups, then 2 sets of whatever your next exercise is etc.
Of course here, 2 is sub-optimal and you should do more (at least 3) sets per exercise. And of course here, not doing barbell exercises is sub-optimal but this a whole other topic now.
>>
Still reading the book on programming but reading on a computer annoys the shit out of me, especially since this online version has frequent typos.

Is this shit worth buying? The intro is good enough and sounds interesting, but all the people who recommended it are major faggots, so I have my doubts.
>>
>>35064960
>If you do 10 pushups at the end of every "round" for 2 rounds, you make less gains than if you did 2 sets of 10 pushups, then 2 sets of whatever your next exercise is etc.

That is exactly what I asked a few posts ago. I've wondered about that and even did my rounds this way, for some time. What I realised was that it took less time to do, but also that my second set was way harder, and I wasn't sure whether that was good or bad.

The question being: is volume here more important than "how you feel"?

Doing it with pauses means I can more volume, but less intensity. People here will put forth both volume and intensity, but one must choose.

So how about I do my next workout by doing the two sets in a row and one big round instead?

Does that improve my routine?

And what about failure, reach or not reach?

>Hodgetwins are my main source of info
>>
>>35064949
> what are traps
> what are legs: quads, hammies, glutes
And no, 20 bodyweight squats don't "work" your legs enough
> what are pecs
Do you want to throw in some nice pec isolation exercises?

What about forearm isolation?
And calves? And the tibialis anterior?
>>
>>35064410
>Sixpackshortcuts
You have to be baiting hard, his channel is complete broscience.
Have fun with your towel rows
>>
>>35064960
>Of course here, 2 is sub-optimal and you should do more (at least 3) sets per exercise. And of course here, not doing barbell exercises is sub-optimal but this a whole other topic now.

I'll gladly do 3 or more if done in a row. Somehow, having to change exercises annoys me slightly.

Do you think I should really invest in barbell equipment? I'm living on a very tight financial plan and I live in a small apartment, and I'm not alone. If I had to spend several hundred bucks on equipment, it'd be a sacrifice. I'm scared of deadlifts too, I really, really don't want to fuck my back, and what I do already takes its toll on it.
>>
>>35065015
>> what are traps

Aren't these worked when I do the overhead presses?

>And no, 20 bodyweight squats don't "work" your legs enough
>enough

What I do sure works them, seeing as they're rock hard defined beauties right now, so nuts to you sir, but I'll easily believe more intensity can be obtained, since it takes 20 to tire me.

>> what are pecs

Pushups don't work them? What's a pec isolation exercise?

>And calves? And the tibialis anterior?

I don't know exercises for these, and I don't know what the second thing even is.

I'm new, this was established early in the thread.

>forearm isolation

How is this done?

I don't like to isolate in general, I only isolate in parts, meaning that while I don't necessarily do compounds, I do all, together, to keep balance.
>>
>>35065022

Provide me with a better video on upper body with DB and I'll gladly watch it.

Good YouTubers on related materials welcome too. Not sure why you didn't post these better trainers already, though.
>>
>>35065022

To be fair, I always read his name as "short stacks".
>>
>>35065003
>>35065025
>>35065051

Ok look. You obviously have many questions. This is because you have willpower, but no knowledge. You came here to ask questions, the least you should do is listen to some advice.

When told to read the sticky, you shouldn't say that you did multiple times, but you should read it again. Some programs there are literally perfect for you, because they are made by experienced athletes, and no you do not need to change them to suit your so-called different needs.

"How you feel" is false information and you shouldn't trust that. You should only trust your progression in terms of athletic performance, and your health if you do something wrong.

Don't spend your money on equipment, especially if you have a tiny apartment. Join a gym, stick to a beginner (nothing else ; you are a beginner) strength training routine, and come back twelve weeks from now to post results.
>>
>>35064918
You are correct
>>
>>35065025
How much are gyms in your area
>>
>>35065091
>Ok look. You obviously have many questions.

Yes, more than I get answers.

>This is because you have willpower, but no knowledge.

Asking question and reading a whole book about it is about as much as I can do. The rest is up to you guys and your own answers.

>You came here to ask questions, the least you should do is listen to some advice.

I read and have read every single post in this thread.

>When told to read the sticky, you shouldn't say that you did multiple times, but you should read it again.

I read it multiple times because that's what I did when told to read the sticky, again and again. Just quote from it if you have a specific point, the sticky isn't that long.

>and no you do not need to change them to suit your so-called different needs.

So-called "injuries", and so-called "disabilities" notwithstanding. Everyone has the same body. Noted.

>"How you feel" is false information and you shouldn't trust that.

Listening to your body is a good idea. If I had done that, I would have saved myself quite some time I lost due to injury, due to ignoring the warning signs. Bad advice.

>Don't spend your money on equipment, especially if you have a tiny apartment. Join a gym

I laughed. Gym membership here is about 2000 bucks a year (adapted to your burger money, without adapting purchasing power, 2000 units here is the average rent). I don't have enough money to join a gym, period.

> Join a gym, stick to a beginner (nothing else ; you are a beginner) strength training routine, and come back twelve weeks from now to post results.

I am a beginner and have never denied this, unless you assume that saying I started seriously back in May makes me mean that I am anything else.
>>
>>35065141

In dollars, probably around 3000 a year. I can't afford that.
>>
File: htrtheth.png (242 KB, 1308x645) Image search: [Google]
htrtheth.png
242 KB, 1308x645
Why is this book so expensive?
>>
>>35065063
I'll name some
Buff dudes, candito, scooby
>>
>>35065161

>$3000 a year
>$250 a month
>for a gym membership

wot

where the hell do you live?
>>
>>35065182

Thanks. Everyone, feel free to post videos that may help OP.
>>
>>35065178
because it's a reputable book in a niché market marketed towards personal trainers who wish to make money on its contents
>>
>>35065205

Switzerland. Gyms here are where the rich and hot meet, so no nonrich allowed.
>>
>>35065230

OK but hundreds of euros?
>>
>>35065230

>available online
>print it on paper

Really?
>>
>>35063879

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

there ypi go
>>
>>35065283

Thank you. Saved.

Even if I could buy a barbell, I'm terrified of accidents with it. I've seen some shit...
>>
>>35065154

You do not seem open to criticism. If you reject every advice here, why post your routine? You seem satisfied with your own progress, keep doing what it is you're doing.

If you want to step your routine up without a barbell, bench or whatever, buy a pullup bar and here is a routine that is bad, but not as bad as yours :
> 3x6 pushups
> 3x6 incline pushups
> 3x1 pullups
> 3x5 overhead DB press
> 3x10 DB squats
> 3x5 vertical jumps
> 3x30s planking
Every workout, add one rep per set (so 3x6 on monday, 3x7 on wednesday, etc.) and/or increase db weight, and duration of planking by 5s. If you fail, do not change the numbers for the next workout.
>>
>>35065336
>You do not seem open to criticism.

I am, that's precisely why I'm here. I just have low tolerance for unsupported claims, assumptions, ad hominems, and other nonsense.

>If you reject every advice here, why post your routine?

I don't reject everything. I've even decided to try something new because of someone's advice in this thread.

>You seem satisfied with your own progress, keep doing what it is you're doing.

No, I said that it was working for me so far, as far as I can know, but that's not the same as being satisfied or even claiming that it's the best. I have never become beefy before, so I have no perspective on how to accomplish this or many years it takes. What I refuted was that it was "wasting time" and "pretend work out". It gives results, that's all I can confirm.

>buy a pullup bar and here is a routine that is bad, but not as bad as yours :

I did, but my doorframes are too thin for it. It fell on my face once, now I have a reflex against it and can't trust this device anymore.

What's more is I can't quite pull a pull-up. I know how to train for it, but I don't have the equipment.

You're saying to raise reps, but is there a point in higher reps if it means less intensity?
>>
Post before/after pics of yourselves and how you got there.

And how much time.
>>
>>35065393
Not the same anon.For bodyweight exercises the best way to go is to raise reps. And with weights just raise the weight and keep number of sets. Still this is really inefficient
>>
>>35065462

OK, so I'm just doing cardio is what you're saying?

If that means I can get more mass faster, I'm all for it.

Question: doing 20 reps of situps, should I use extra weight and do less reps? Does this work the same?
>>
>>35065393
Will you stop partially taking the information that is given to you?

Unless you have a range of dumbbells from 5 to 40kg in increments of 2.5kg (or 1.25 if possible), and you won't invest in a barbell, and you won't join a gym, your only way of PROGRESSIVELY OVERLOADING your workouts is by adding reps (and sets once you can do many reps).

> if it means less intensity?
Why would it be less intense?

Your approach here is :
> Hey guys, I won't make any efforts to improve my workout conditions, and also there are some exceptions such as injuries etc. I won't tell you about, and I won't post my current body to objectively assess my situation. But can you give me the best advice and workout possible plz?

Sorry, no.
>>
>>35065325
Barbell resistance training is by far and away the safest physical activity.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Safety.html
>>
>>35065474
Ok lets say for push ups if you can do like thirty of them just progress into a harder variation or add weight, but if you can't for some reason jist add sets and reps convicts do a thousand pushups a day and they are big af. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bodyweight-bodybuilder-the-mass-building-calisthenic-workout.html try this out and again if you get really good at a certain movement make it harder with either more sets or more weight. Also high vokume won't kill gains if you eat enough
>>
>>35065486
>Will you stop partially taking the information that is given to you?

I take it all and question some, that doesn't mean I read only bits or only "listen" to bits.

>Unless you have a range of dumbbells from 5 to 40kg in increments of 2.5kg (or 1.25 if possible), and you won't invest in a barbell, and you won't join a gym, your only way of PROGRESSIVELY OVERLOADING your workouts is by adding reps (and sets once you can do many reps).

Quite logically, but I have invested in a bunch of weights for the DB and that's what I'm adding.

>Why would it be less intense?

If you can do 20 reps, it's less intense than doing 8 with more weight, assuming you reach failure at 10.

>Your approach here is :

That was cute but entirely pointless. Stop getting mad. Frenchie.
>>
>>35065583
>http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Safety.html

I know, but people dropping their barbells onto their chest has scarred my soul. Stories of people who nearly decapitated themselves also scared the poop out of me.

When I do overhead presses, I realise I could hurt myself if I dropped it, and I also know I won't drop it, so I hope it's the same for BB, but who knows.
>>
Any thoughts? Also my core hurts too much after weighted crunches, so I'll better add them in the cutting season. Now core works fine in squats, OHP and deadlift.

A:

Bench press 3X6
Squat 3X6
Bent-over row 3X6
Skullcrushers 3X12
Facepulls 3X12

B:

Overhead press 3X6
Deadlift 1X6, 2X3
Weighted chinups 3X6
Lateral raises 3X12
Hammer curls3X12

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx
>>
>>35064355
>gains
>strength

Please define these
>>
>>35065650
>crunches

Don't. Do full situps but never crunches, they're a shit fad.
>>
>>35065664
>Please define these

A test? I'm up for it.

>gains

Muscle growth, added weight in muscle.

>strength

Actual muscular ability, being able to lift heavier items.
>>
File: rare_french_pepe.png (15 KB, 514x424) Image search: [Google]
rare_french_pepe.png
15 KB, 514x424
>>35065621
>If you can do 20 reps, it's less intense than doing 8 with more weight, assuming you reach failure at 10.
If you do 20 reps, it's 2.5x as "intense" as doing 8 reps with the same weight. How else would you progressively overload pushups for instance? Stop complaining and reach 3x10 pushups to begin with.
For exercises with DBs, you can keep the number of reps once you reach 8-10 and then increase the weight, for example.

> Frenchie
Mfw I am. How did you know?

Anyway, anons here and I posted tons of routines and advice for you, you have enough to build an at least not-too-bad routine. All - please believe this - of your questions are answered either in this thread or in the sticky.
>>
>>35065751
>If you do 20 reps, it's 2.5x as "intense" as doing 8 reps with the same weight.

That's not what intensity means: it's about how hard something is on your muscles. For the same volume, it will be more intense in less reps than more.

>How else would you progressively overload pushups for instance?

Add extra weight. You can strap weight to yourself. What I would do, though, is add SETS, not reps.

>For exercises with DBs, you can keep the number of reps once you reach 8-10 and then increase the weight, for example.

It's what I do.

>Mfw I am. How did you know?

For once, it isn't because your English sucks, which it doesn't. Always cheers me up to see a Frenchman with good English (I'm an English teacher).

I know because you put a space before "?", the way francophones do, which isn't done in English and most other languages.

In French, you do this to all punctuation that is made of two parts, like ";:?!" while punctuation with a single part like ",.'" don't get a space before them.

That's how I detect the French online, or at least the francophone.
>>
>>35065751
>All - please believe this - of your questions are answered either in this thread or in the sticky.

I'll read it again but I doubt this somewhat.

Here's another: can I get great results with DB or is it essential that I purchased a BB?
>>
>>35063723
Here's some advice. Stop being a pussy bitch who fears injuries, go to the gym, grab a barbell, stack some plates, and fucking squat, deadlift, row, bench press, and overhead press. If you can't do a pullup, use the lat pulldown or the assisted fatboy pull up machine. Can't afford a gym? Get a job. Basically quit being a little bitch and improve yourself. You can recover from injuries, faggot. If your form is on point, you'll never get injured.
>>
>>35064077
they're not even laughing at you because you're doing babby weight somehow on push ups, it's because you keep saying you're getting amazing results basically doing fuckall and you refuse to show any kind of proof.

If you want to find an actual routine just google push pull legs or full body routine. Anything you find will be better than what you're doing.
>>
>>35065882

Just ignore him, he's either terminally autistic or trolling.
>>
>>35065906
i figured, so i stopped myself from typing a full on novella to explain why he was retarded.
>>
>>35065709
No I mean quantify them somehow. You won't show your body so give us numbers, measurements, anything to quantify and pin down these vagaries you keep throwing out.
>>
>>35065868
>Can't afford a gym? Get a job.

I work full time.

Your comment was really pointless on the whole.
>>
>>35065882
>they're not even laughing at you because you're doing babby weight somehow on push ups, it's because you keep saying you're getting amazing results basically doing fuckall and you refuse to show any kind of proof.

Of no importance to me.

>If you want to find an actual routine just google push pull legs or full body routine.

My routine comes from this, so much for that piece of advice.

>google it!
>it's shit!
>google it!
>>
>>35065906
>>35065925

You guys just aren't articulate enough to answer indepths questions, that's all. Don't even post if you can't handle it.

>>35065936
>No I mean quantify them somehow. You won't show your body so give us numbers, measurements, anything to quantify and pin down these vagaries you keep throwing out.

Homos still want to see my noods. I told you I got stronger and muscles got bigger, that's all you really need to know, but since you know I'm a beginner, you also know it doesn't mean much because everything will work for a beginner (that's what the book says, and I wouldn't be surprised that this is true).
>>
>>35065998
haven't read through the entire thread but has anyone ever explained to you that you need to do multiple sets of the same exercise BEFORE you move on to another? instead of just going through them all before you actually get a good workout on that particular body part? this is how basically any workout routine you ever see will be programmed. so why would you deviate from this other than a criminal lack of knowledge?
>>
>>35065810
>>35065849

> For the same volume, it will be more intense in less reps than more
This is not what volume means. Volume = (nb of sets)x(nb of reps per set). Don't exceed 15 reps for bodyweight exercises if you want to build mass (and a little bit of strength probably), that's all.
The word "intense" doesn't mean anything here. You can try to lift very light for an extremely high number of reps, or lift very heavy for one or two reps. Both will be "intense" at the end but won't have the same effect on your gains.

> What I would do, though,
But you are not doing things right. You should add reps until you are comfortable enough with the exercise (ex : when 10 normal pushups seem easy). You can add sets once you reach a satisfying enough number of reps. Which is what I said here >>35065486

> can I get great results with DB
Whatever you do, you must (progressively) go heavy when lifting weights.

> Spaces in punctuation
Shit, I thought I was pretty conscious about them when I switch to English, must have missed one or two (actually checked: I missed four.).
>>
>>35066038
>haven't read through the entire thread but has anyone ever explained to you that you need to do multiple sets of the same exercise BEFORE you move on to another? i

Yes, nice anon did and because of his explanation, I will try a different method next session. I'll do the same sets 3 times or so.
>>
>>35066058
>This is not what volume means.

In answer to:

>For the same volume, it will be more intense in less reps than more

You aren't even trying. That was obviously about intensity, not volume. No wonder OP doesn't give two shits what half of you idiots have to say.
>>
>>35066058
>The word "intense" doesn't mean anything here.

"Intensity" means something very specific, you fucktard. Go read the sticky.
>>
DUMBBELLS VS BARBELLS

http://www.mensfitness.com/training/build-muscle/dumbbells-vs-barbells
>>
>>35065699
M'kay m8.
>>
File: mariusz-pudzianowski[1].jpg (52 KB, 350x311) Image search: [Google]
mariusz-pudzianowski[1].jpg
52 KB, 350x311
need serious advice. i did SS for about 3 weeks but my quads because so big i can only wear sweatpants now.

how is this split? i want to be in the gym every day because i despise laziness. i know it looks weird but i have been having very good results since i started a month ago do you think maybe its a good program?

ABCDEFG
A (Chest)
>bench prress 15-12-10-8-5
>incline bench press 3 x 15
>decline bench press 3 x 15
>cable crossovers 3 x 20
>dips/pushups superset 5x8/5x20

B (Triceps)
>seated BB preacher curls 3 x 12
>standing BB curl 3 x 10
>alternating db curl 3 x 10
>tricep cable pushdown 3 x 15
>skull crusher 3 x 8
>french press 3 x 8

C (Shoulders)
>DB shoulder press 3 x 15
>Seated bb military press 5 x 3
>Push press 3 x 12
>Arnold Press 1 x 8
> lateral raise 8 x 8

D (Chest)
>incline db bench 15-12-10-8-5
>flat db bench 5 x 10
>decline db flys 3 x 12
>chest fly machine 5 x 10
>dips/pushups superset 5 x 8/5 x 20

E (Wrist/Forearm)
>Wrist curl 5 x 20
>wrist extension 5 x 20
>wrist twists 5 x 20
>cable curls 3 x 10
>disco press 3 x 15

F (Back)
>DB cheat row 5 x 8
>romanian DL 3 x 3
>Lat pull down 5 x 12
>close grip cable rows 3 x 8
>chin up 5 x 8

G (athleticism/performance)
>Snatch + Clean superset 12 x 2 + 1
>Deadlift + Thruster 5 x 4
>Overhead BB carry 100 m x 5
>Overhead BB box jump 5 x 10
>crunches 5 x 20
>>
File: mariusz_pudzianowski.jpg (62 KB, 272x400) Image search: [Google]
mariusz_pudzianowski.jpg
62 KB, 272x400
>>35067156
Pudzian is the man.
>>
>>35067285
i would like for him to take me from behind pls
>>
>>35067156
pls every1 i need to know if i can get goal body from this i also have bestosterone and strenbolone (not the real ones but good copies we make in my country)
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.