[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/s opinion on these got any? what sports activity are they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: vibrams4_speed-both.jpg (29 KB, 555x300) Image search: [Google]
vibrams4_speed-both.jpg
29 KB, 555x300
/fit/s opinion on these
got any?
what sports activity are they good for?
>>
They're good for rock climbing
And pussy avoidance

That's literally it
>>
>>35037295

>pussy avoidance

kek
>>
>>35037277
Fedoras for your feet
>>
They are no better, possibly even worse, then any other running shoes or than converse if for deadlifting
>>
>>35037308
Kek
>>
>>35037295

>pussy avoidance

Might come in handy then.
>>
>>35037310
lol y u think this
>>35037277
They're fine for deadlifting. Flat and grippy. Supposedly they aren't great for running even in their style of running
Especially don't run in the them if you go heel to toe while running
>>
>>35037295
>good for rock climbing
No
>>
>>35037419
>>35037295
2nd as not good for rock climbing
>>
Didn't they get recalled cause they were fucking up peoples feet?
>>
>>35037277
WHAT
ARE
THOSE
>>
>>35037277
>what sports activity are they good for?
Walking to court and winning lawsuits due to their fake claims. Apart from that, nothing.
>>
That company actually had to pay off some lawsuits recently for false advertising. Apparently, they do nothing to strengthen your feet and are not scientifically proven to do any of the things that are claimed.
>>
>>35037437
this is what i heard aswell
>>
>>35037437

because people tried to run in them like they would running shoes and ended up fucking themselves over.

when you run barefoot, or with toe fedoras, you cant heelstrike like you've got a big cushion between you and the ground or else you're gonna rek your feet.
>>
>>35037277
my mom wore those and she would talk to fucking EVERYBODY about them. Walking down the street, shopping in the store. Flea markets. The fucking woods.
Don't fucking do it. You could be fucking Chris Evens, right now, on tumblr, and you'd still look like an utter tool.
>>
>>35037295
Want to know how I know you don't rock climb?
>>
>>35037310
They are fucking awesome for deadlifts what are you talking about.
They don't increase your foot tendon strength but they are awesome shoes. I've had a pair for 3 years at $50 that's a steal.
>>
>>35037277
only ever see chinks with invisible lats syndrome wearing them, make of that what you will
>>
>>35037414

Converse is cheaper

The company was also sued for false claims about the support these things give your feet.

They are worse than a good pair of running shoes and more expensive than a pair of chucks for deadlifting.

They're meme shoes and if you decide to wear them, just make sure to wear your dragonball z shirt too
>>
>everyone saying they're not good for running
Does anyone know how these things compare to actual barefoot running? Supposedly, barefoot running is what humans evolved for and is better than typical shoes. These are marketed as simulating that while still providing some protection, but I wonder how they really compare to running with literally nothing on your feet.
>>
>>35038590
Give it a try, dick. X number of minutes on a treadmill with shoes on and the same time with shoes off on a different day.
>>
>>35038590
>what humans evolved for and is better than typical shoes.

Runner here

This is blatantly false and is another meme that companies use to sell gimmicks like this.

A good pair of running shoes will blow vibrams and flat shoes out of the fucking water.
>>
>>35037277
Toe socks are comfy as fuck but those are not good shall we say.
>>
Probably just another one of those things weaklings will spend extra money on instead of simply investing the necessary time and effort, which will actually make a world of difference.
>>
They're good for being a colossal faggot
>>
>>35037295
You know what's better? Fuckinh climbing shoes you faggot
>>
>>35037437
Because people didn't read up on barefoot running, there was a lawsuit.
Vibram was also making dumb claims, to be fair.

I like to run in them and wear them when I hike some times, but I live in a desert now and can't wear them much because of the thin material and stickers.
My parents bought some a while back and they don't complain much about back pain anymore when we go to festivals and such.

The whole cult thing with them is annoying too.
I fucking love the way they feel on my feet, but when some annoying housewife or straight edge jesus marathon runner stops me in a crowd and talks to me like we're in a secret club, they become a hassle.
>>
>>35037295

lol they're horrible for rock climbing and every time I go out running in my city I get at least one random woman commenting on them

baka family what you talking about
>>
>>35037277
They're fine for anything minimalist shoes in general are good for. There's nothing particularly remarkable about them besides the appearance.
>>
If you run and get cramps/pain in your feet, you need to strengthen the muscles in your feet.

To do this you need to run barefoot. I haven't used these ever, but maybe it makes that process easier, if running barefoot is hard for some people.
>>
>>35038590

You can simulate barefoot running with literally any running shoe simply by changing your gait. Switch to forefoot striking instead of heel striking. Boom, you now have all the advantages of barefoot running without any of the downsides.
>>
>>35037440
Hahahahahahaha you go on vine too?! Wow!!!!! :^)
>>
>>35041106
forefoot striking isn't the same as running barefoot genius.
>>
>>35037277
They are not for lifting. Use Converse.
If you want to have a +10 chick forcefield - then go ahead. Also use gloves for an extra +5.
>>
File: edwin-starr.jpg (10 KB, 220x146) Image search: [Google]
edwin-starr.jpg
10 KB, 220x146
>>35037277

>what are they good for?

Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>35042659
Kek
>>
I bought that exact model a few years back for running; but actually running in them isn't comfortable at all.

Since then, though, I've been more or less using them as regular shoes every day. They're incredibly comfortable compared to normal shoes - which I love since I'm on my feet most of the day. They are great for an active lifestyle.:

'slong as that lifestyle does not involve running.
>>
>pussy avoidance
>that must translate into cock attaction
I may get these to attract footfags. And they look like they might be comfy.
>>
>>35037308
feetdoras?
>>
>>35037510
its almost like your toes work independently, even if they are all enclosed in the same space...

weird how that works...
you would think they need their own isolation chamber to preform optimally.. i know joe rogan does.
>>
>>35040698
If you want to have minimalist shoes, get feiyues. They are like $20 and don'the make you look autistic.
>>
>>35037277
i know youre socially autistic in real life because you had to ask, you mouthbreathing faggot
>>
Just do what I do, buy a dozen pair of deadlifting socks. Then wear the socks and shower slippers. When you get set to squat or deadlift, just kick the slippers off.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.